Vriska Serket vs Magnus the Red

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/03828.gif

vs

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110320044056/warhammer40k/images/a/a9/Magnus%27_Coven-Personal_Bodyguard.jpg

Vriska is from Homestuck and Magnus is from Warhammer 40K.

Vriska is in Ancestral Awakening mode as the battle begins and is armed by her Fluorite Octet. Magnus has his standard equipment. Vriska has probability based powers, is psychic and is absurdly strong and fast in AA mode, able to duel evenly with Jack Noir. Magnus is also incredibly strong and fast, has incredibly powerful psychic powers and has various psyker-based abilities.

They fight in a planet-sized bowler hat.

Who wins?

NemeBro
Who the **** is Vriska Serket?

Nephthys
The 13 year old girl who's going to kick Magnus' ass.

8LUH 8LUH HUGE 8ITCH.

Here's her OBD page. You can probably ignore the relativistic speed. That's never been confirmed to my satisfaction. While Homestuck characters do zip around universes pretty swiftly theres never been anything indicating that they can fight that fast. Plus the size of universes is kind of screwy in the series (because the universe is a frog).

NemeBro
How is her resistance to telepathy?

Even by 40k standards, Magnus is a very powerful telepath, capable of psychically dominating his brother Lorgar from the other side of the galaxy. Lorgar himself could telepathically make a Daemon that mentally enthralled an entire planet his *****.

Nephthys
Vriska is also telepathic and can use telepathy on beings in completely different universes, although she can only use it on humans in a limited fashion. Either because of the distance or because they're different species. She's quite skilled at it on her own kind, being able to perform the highly touted and difficult DOUBLE PSYCHIC REACHAROUND, where she mindcontrols Tavros into mindcontrolling Terezi's lusus into mindcontrolling Terezi into maiming herself.

Although with her luck Magnus would never even attempt a psychic duel if she was disadvantaged and would instead go for a physical fight instead.

NemeBro
Magnus himself is the mightiest servant of the architect of Fate in the 40k series, probability has his back.

His destructive capacity seems to be greater, with his psychic power he was destroying the surface of the planet Prospero, while simultaneously fighting his brother, Leman Russ.

Nephthys
And Vriska is capable of ganking all of that luck for herself. She is already impossibly lucky, able to rolls 8 eight-sided dices and get straight 8's every single time as well as have opponents flat out die rather than even having to fight them. The text explictly says that she has ALL THE LUCK.

Vriska was capable of killing Jack Noir, who took a continent exploding in his face without any damage whatsoever and was classified as 'omnipotent'. Noir was capable of exploding planets and of multiversal destruction and as you can see all he managed on Vriska was a cut on her leg.

How much of the surface?

NemeBro
If she can take multiversal attacks, why did you make this thread?

Nephthys
She didn't take any multiversal attacks (that we know of, the fight isn't seen in much detail), I'm just pointing out the level of opponents she's faced and how the fight went.

I struggled to think of a good fight for her. She's not Superman level but the areas between that and people she'd obviously pwn are murky.

NemeBro
She can fight a planet to multiverse buster and live.

I must be missing something.

Nephthys
She didn't actually live, who won the fight was unclear, but Hussie says that she could have won and that it would have been a close fight either way.

Here is the start of the fight. Press the green text to keep going. Its unclear if Noir used the Red or Green Miles on her, which are his multiverse and planet destroying attacks respectively, it seems to be a straight sword fight. All we can say fo' sure is that she's powerful enough to get him down to half-health and match his strikes, which is extremely impressive in and of itself. That she's even able to damage him is huge considering his abilities.

NemeBro
I can only barely tell what happened in that fight.

Give me an estimate of her physical strength, speed, and durability, something to work on.

Nephthys
Exactly. Which is why I'm not saying she's a planet-multiverse buster just because she fought one.

You could read the OBD page but heres my take too: She was able to damage Jack Noir who as you've seen took a continent exploding without damage. Noir was also able to easily overpower and kill a man who can slice meteors in half with his own weapon and at one point cut the chain holding Prospit's moon in place with one hit BEFORE he gained his Green Sun powers (a big boost) and she was matching his blows, so she's likely pretty strong. Hypersonic+ at the least in speed. Dunno about durability. Though Jack's strength can give us a good estimate. She was still able to get a sword through the chest at one point. Albeit from a very high-level player.

She also has regenerative immortality as well but I'm turning that off because I'm pretty sure neither of these two are heroes, right?

NemeBro
Heroes? Not sure I follow.

Nephthys
As a God Tier shes immortal as long as her death isn't deemed as just. So as long as she isn't killed by a hero after becoming corrupt or if she dies heroically she'll regenerate from anything.

NemeBro
It depends on where in the timeline we are using Magnus.

Magnus before the Horus Heresy I would consider a hero, for the most part.

He eventually does fall though, becoming Tzeentch's mightiest pawn. And he knows it. Though, compared to his fellow Daemon Primarchs, he does seem relatively less lolevil.

Nephthys
Well whichever is the strongest one I guess. I'm guessing Daemon Prince guy since duh what would be the point otherwise.

But it doesn't matter since I'm taking it away.

Anyway, Vriska wins imo. She has him beat in terms of raw stats and her absurd luck at the expense of Magnus' luck should see her through the fight.

NemeBro
Based on what I've seen, Magnus the Red is stronger and more durable.

Funfax: Horus didn't just continue bombing Isvaan III after Angron, allied Primarch of the World Eaters, stupidly landed and brought the fight to the ground, because razing a planet would just piss off a Primarch.

Konrad Curze as a baby was sent through a planet's adamantium crust to its core, and crawled right the **** back out.

Speed is iffier, but Magnus has telepathy to read her mind as well as precog. Sanguinius should have at the bare minimum triple digit reaction-time (Perceives supersonic projectiles as nearly still-moving), though where Sanguinius ranks among Primarchs speedwise is unknown.

Oh, and Honorius, merely a Space Marine, could note the positioning of a Word Bearer, where his weapons were holstered, his posture, his armour's structural weaknesses, how to best shoot and incapacitate him without rupturing the thin vessel they were in and introducing him to the void, and shit... All in less than a nanosecond.

Argel Tal, another Marine, who in The First Heretic can't even perceive a Primarch while he is fighting, is capable of flying (With his jump pack) and dodging arcs of electricity fired from a xenos weapon.

Oh, and Daemon Primarch Magnus? Lulz.

He can casually dissipate a planet-razing spell as a Daemon Prince.

Also, taking all of Magnus's luck would prove to be a fatal move. Since he has negative luck, lol. Tzeentch loves to **** over his most powerful pawn.

Oh, Magnus can also kill with a glance. He glanced at hundreds of Space Wolves, and hundreds of Space Wolves died.

Nephthys
That sounds like a load of unquantifiable boasting to be honest. What makes him stronger?

Konrad plowed through a planets crust that had large quantities of adamantium. Not that it was totally made of it. Theres no knowing if he actual hit any, right? Besides, Konrad doing it doesn't equal Magnus doing it.

Triple digit as in mach 100+? Lol, gtfoutta here. Besides, Vriska can fly around at lightspeed, so her reaction time is obviously greater. And in raw speed she outclasses a guy who can create speed duplicates. She's massively hypersonic.

Dissipating a spell is meaningless here.

So he has bad luck? Then I guess he's super screwed vs her uber-fortune, lol.

How did he kill them? It must have been a psyker thing right?

Nephthys
Also, it's possible that Jack didn't use his other powers because they wouldn't affect Vriska at all. 3 other God Tiers have shrugged off the Green Sun's damages and that's what he uses for his energy attacks.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
That sounds like a load of unquantifiable boasting to be honest. What makes him stronger?

I can quantify most of it, actually.

And his punch is likened to "two planets colliding" when he punched his fist through Leman Russ's chest, he can level mountains physically, and of course, you know, do all of this shit to people who can survive the total ignition of a planet's atmosphere. Also, Primarchs survive being shot by macro cannons, which are teraton (Roughly country busting) in terms of firepower.

Go on. Imply that Konrad Curze as a baby is more durable than his fully grown, considerably larger brother. Do it.

Not that it really matters. That's a continental+ durability feat, easily.

Oh, and for a comparison on Magnus to Curze, Konrad Curze has consistently had his ass handed to him by Lion El'Jonson. Whom stalemated Leman Russ in a brawl. Who Magnus put his fist through, and held the advantage during the majority of their fight.

Nanosecond perceptions and reactions are relativistic, lol.

Mach 100 is massively hypersonic you tool.

If he can casually end a planet razing spell, he can bust them out, of course.

Though he's already done it, so lol.

He has bad luck when Tzeentch wants him to, yes.

By showing them the chaos of the Warp through his eye.

Frankly, I still don't see why Magnus doesn't just telepathically dominate her from the start. He's more powerful than a guy who i more powerful than a planet-controlling daemon, while on the other side of the galaxy.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
I can quantify most of it, actually.

And his punch is likened to "two planets colliding" when he punched his fist through Leman Russ's chest, he can level mountains physically, and of course, you know, do all of this shit to people who can survive the total ignition of a planet's atmosphere. Also, Primarchs survive being shot by macro cannons, which are teraton (Roughly country busting) in terms of firepower.

Lol @ that highly outrageous hyperbole.

Show me him leveling a mountain physically.

Go on. Imply that Konrad Curze as a baby is more durable than his fully grown, considerably larger brother. Do it.

0k.

Not that it really matters. That's a continental+ durability feat, easily.

Noir wasn't even scratched by a continental level attack and Vriska was physically damaging him.

Oh, and for a comparison on Magnus to Curze, Konrad Curze has consistently had his ass handed to him by Lion El'Jonson. Whom stalemated Leman Russ in a brawl. Who Magnus put his fist through, and held the advantage during the majority of their fight.

Why only the majority?

Nanosecond perceptions and reactions are relativistic, lol.

Mach 100 is massively hypersonic you tool.

Give me the actual feat instead of your interpretations. I bet thats hyperbole.

And I called bullshit on that mach 100 shit you dullard.

If he can casually end a planet razing spell, he can bust them out, of course.

Though he's already done it, so lol.

Then provide an example of him doing so. So far I'm the only one whose posted anything in this thread.

He has bad luck when Tzeentch wants him to, yes.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3978/aimimg6.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7913/aimimg7y.png

By showing them the chaos of the Warp through his eye.

That won't work on Vriska then. She has Vision Eightfold which lets her see through anything and as a God Tier Hero of Light she is also very adept at that kind of thing.

Besides she endured several days of horror terror dreams so I'm sure she can handle the warp.

Frankly, I still don't see why Magnus doesn't just telepathically dominate her from the start. He's more powerful than a guy who i more powerful than a planet-controlling daemon, while on the other side of the galaxy.

Aside from her own psychic powers and godlike luck?

Magnus fails his Perils of the Warp roll. GG Scarlet Pussinel.

Besides, Vriska mind-controlled people in different universes, which is >> the other side of the galaxy.

Lek Kuen
This homestuck thing sounds really weird

Nephthys
It sure is! stick out tongue

It has one of the most fascinating superpower systems ever though imo. It's so deep and theres so many variables. Theres like.... 168 different class combinations altogether? And then theres all the legitimate superpowers and insanely powerful items. It's really cool.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Nephthys
It sure is! stick out tongue

It has one of the most fascinating superpower systems ever though imo. It's so deep and theres so many variables. Theres like.... 168 different class combinations altogether? And then theres all the legitimate superpowers and insanely powerful items. It's really cool.
Class combinations? This is a game? Thought it was like a comic or something

Nephthys
The plot is that the characters play a game that ends the world.

And then several universes.

But yeah, they all have player titles that denote their mythological role made up of a class and an aspect they control. Vriska is the Thief (class) of Light (aspect), John is the Heir of Breath, Jade is the Witch of Space etc etc. They have powers to do with their class and aspect working in conjunction, which is where the massive variety comes from. A Thief of Light (Vriska) steals luck from an opponent and uses it for herself while a Seer of Light can see the most fortuitous path onwards and guide other players on it.

It would make an awesome game to play tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.