Movie Iron Man vs movie Abomination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Bloodlust on.

Who wins?

cdtm
Abomination, like Hulk, wasn't invulnerable, right? Just really durable, with a good healing factor.

So the laser should go through him? Maybe a decap, or limb dismemberment?

FrothByte
It would depend I guess on whether Ironman has had previous intel and if this fight happens after Ironman has seen Hulk in action.

If Tony only has "basic" information on Abomination, I can see his arrogance getting the better of him, just going after the abomination in his standard suit and believing he can take him out. In this scenario, I think Abomination gives IM a beating until IM gets smart and flees the scene.

Then he'll come back better prepared and take down Abomination.

marwash22
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think Abomination gives IM a beating until IM gets smart and flees the scene. nah, if Abomination gets his hands on Tony it's a wrap. Monger wrecked Tony and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Abomination. It would likely be a one-shot type of deal if Abomination connects.

Tony's only hope is lasers and I'm not sure that would work.

cdtm
Originally posted by marwash22
nah, if Abomination gets his hands on Tony it's a wrap. Monger wrecked Tony and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Abomination. It would likely be a one-shot type of deal if Abomination connects.

Tony's only hope is lasers and I'm not sure that would work.

Yeah, the mini tank buster things will only bother him.

But he does have the advantage of flight. Can play keep away, and pick his spots..

juggerman
nah, if Abomination gets his hands on Tony it's a wrap. Monger wrecked Tony and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Abomination.

He fought Iron Monger while at like 6% tho...

the ninjak
Tony's lasers couldn't compromise the hull armor of the Chitauri flying beasts.
Yet Hulk was able to punch the creature into submission and bend the metal. And his hands were fine.

With that logic I don't think Ironman will be able slice the Abomination apart with them. That is if that version is as durable as Avengers Hulk.

juggerman
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yet Hulk was able to punch the creature into submission and bend the metal. And his hands were fine.

With that logic I don't think Ironman will be able slice the Abomination apart with them. That is if that version is as durable as Avengers Hulk.

Yeah but that's blunt force damage vs cutting/heat damage. I don't recall Abomination resisting cutting/heat. Might be a weakness for him

marwash22
Originally posted by juggerman
He fought Iron Monger while at like 6% tho... Him being at 6% power meant that he lacked fire power... but it didn't effect how strong Iron Man's armor was, and Monger easily crushed Tony's helmet. Abomination would literally pop Tony's head off like a doll.

juggerman
Him being at 6% power meant that he lacked fire power... but it didn't effect how strong Iron Man's armor was, and Monger easily crushed Tony's helmet. Abomination would literally pop Tony's head off like a doll.

Very true but how does Abom get his hands on Tony?

Newjak
TIH Hulk does not equal Avenger's Hulk.

I'm going with Tony on this one. His lasers should hurt Abom quite a bit.

marwash22
Very true but how does Abom get his hands on Tony?
lol, wait til he's out of power and can no longer fly.

But Tony's arrogance would probably lead him to try to going h2h like he did with Thor.

Originally posted by Newjak
TIH Hulk does not equal Avenger's Hulk. what do you mean by that?

Originally posted by Newjak
I'm going with Tony on this one. His lasers should hurt Abom quite a bit.

1. the lasers are a one time thing.
2. Abomination's skin is pretty tough so there's no guarantee they'd even cut all the way through.
3. Even if the lasers do cut through Abomination's skin, he has a hf.

juggerman
3. Even if the lasers do cut through Abomination's skin, he has a hf.

I don't recall him healing from anything after his transformation. You sure he still has it?

marwash22
this is the part of that "on screen feats" rule that i dislike. I don't recall the healing factor being shown after the full transformation either, but it's more than reasonable to assume he still has it since that's apart of the character's abilities in the source material.

FrothByte
Well he was able to go toe to toe with Hulk for a long time and unless he has skin tougher than Hulks, I'd say he at least has healing factor similar to Hulks to enable him to last that long.

cdtm

Bullets also penetrated Hulks skin, though.

the ninjak
Originally posted by cdtm

When.

cdtm
When.

Second movie, prior to Avengers. You could see him staggering and reacting whenever he was shot, along with sound effects of bullets lodging into him.

Granted, they only annoyed him really, but they weren't ricocheting.

the ninjak
I have to watch that again. I don't remember bullets ever compromising his flesh.

wallman77
abom does have a healing factor. remember when hulk kicked blonsky into the tree? all his bones were bruk up. he healed from that 100 percent. its only logical to assume that with his later evolution caused by taking the hulks blood, his hf would not only remain but maybe even get stronger.

wallman77
it just wouldnt make sense for him to no longer have it. he evolved..not devolved. everything about him increased exponentially.

TheGodKiller
Yeah but that's blunt force damage vs cutting/heat damage. I don't recall Abomination resisting cutting/heat. Might be a weakness for him
Blonsky laughed off a point blank RPG shot.

TheGodKiller
No, they didn't.

TheGodKiller
Second movie, prior to Avengers. You could see him staggering and reacting whenever he was shot, along with sound effects of bullets lodging into him.

Granted, they only annoyed him really, but they weren't ricocheting.
They bounced of his hide during the battle at the university library. Same deal with the tranq shots in the soft drink factory earlier in the movie.

You need to watch the movie again.

Dexward
According to Marvel, Iron Mancan lift 100 tons. That puts him in Abomination's strength class. In the comics. Iron Man has tangled with Hulk many times. Hulk is far more powerful, but Iron Man can hold his own with him and hurt him

Silent Master
This is actually movie Iron-man vs movie Abomination.

Utrigita
Stalemate, unless those lasers Iron Man can cut Abomination.

Silent Master
What are Abomination's strength/durability feats from the movie?

BlackZero30x
he was seemingly a bit stronger then the hulk.

Utrigita
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

That Hulk in a relative calm stage, when Hulk got significantly angry it seemed to even out rather quickly.

Silent Master

How strong was that version of the Hulk?

BlackZero30x
That fight was an epic fight. I remember seeing it in theaters and well all I will say is I yelled "HULK SMASH" very loudly lol. I was very excited. But even in his rage it was still a struggle. So I would Place him near Hulk from The Incredible Hulk movie. Though I feel Hulk has much better feats in The Avengers that would clearly place him above Abomination.

Newjak
lol, wait til he's out of power and can no longer fly.

But Tony's arrogance would probably lead him to try to going h2h like he did with Thor.

what do you mean by that?

1. the lasers are a one time thing.
2. Abomination's skin is pretty tough so there's no guarantee they'd even cut all the way through.
3. Even if the lasers do cut through Abomination's skin, he has a hf. I mean two sonic based weapons the TIH were enough to almost put Hulk down. Only Betty getting tackled caused him to get angry to break out.

Do honestly see those two weapons affecting Avengers Hulk?

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Silent Master
How strong was that version of the Hulk?

Not incredibly strong haha! I mean he was tough but his feat are a bit lacking.

As far as him fighting Ironman....well Im really not sure about this but I feel Ironman would win.

Silent Master
Not incredibly strong haha! I mean he was tough but his feat are a bit lacking.

As far as him fighting Ironman....well Im really not sure about this but I feel Ironman would win.

Yea, I never got around to watching the movie....but everyone I've talked with says that the Hulk's feats in the Avengers are much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.