Movie Superman and movie Avengers switch places

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
The entire Avengers team is in all of the Superman movies, and Superman is in Avengers and tie in movies. Do all the movies, even if a sequel would be broken by events in a prior movie (Basically, treat each movie as a stand alone what if)

juggerman
Superman eases thru the Avengers. The Avengers get stomped by Zod and friends

the ninjak
I'm pretty certain we don't need to compare Superman, with his insane feats with the Avengers once again......who are heavily underpowered compared to their comic counterparts.

Silent Master
Zod and his friends sucked at fighting and their only real feat was fighting a Superman that displayed very little in the way of strength and speed.

the ninjak
Avengers would've easily beaten Superman Returns film. And any with Lex.
Superman 4 had Reeves struggle against Nuclear Man.

You reckon the Avengers would defeat Nuclear Man?

Silent Master
I'm just saying that IMO, Superman was written way down for his fight with Zod, Non and Ursa. as their feats were hardly impressive during that fight or the rest of the movie.

FrothByte
Well first and foremost, there wouldn't have been that many Superman films because the Avengers would have killed Luthor in the very first flick.

The Avengers would have a very hard time with Zod and Co. though. The team would put up a fight, but unless Tony discovers kryptonite, I don't see how the Avengers can stand up to 3 kryptonians. In fact, I don't see how Superman could have fought of the 3 kryptonians on his own.

As for Supes, he'd destroy Iron MOnger and Whiplash without batting an eye. He'd have a huge battle with Abomination but would eventually KO Abomination.

Then he'd get f*cked by Loki in Asgard. With all the magic floating around in Asgard, I don't see how Supes can withstand that.

omgchos
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well first and foremost, there wouldn't have been that many Superman films because the Avengers would have killed Luthor in the very first flick.

The Avengers would have a very hard time with Zod and Co. though. The team would put up a fight, but unless Tony discovers kryptonite, I don't see how the Avengers can stand up to 3 kryptonians. In fact, I don't see how Superman could have fought of the 3 kryptonians on his own.

As for Supes, he'd destroy Iron MOnger and Whiplash without batting an eye. He'd have a huge battle with Abomination but would eventually KO Abomination.

Then he'd get f*cked by Loki in Asgard. With all the magic floating around in Asgard, I don't see how Supes can withstand that.

Remember though superman is susceptible to actual magic. Thor makes a point of saying(in the movie anyway) that the magic asguardians use isn't really magic, its sciene. His exact words were i believe "where i come from they are one in the same" or it was something like the fact that we would call their science magic. I think hed be able to take LowKey on speed and strength. Not to mention his heat vision and ice breath.

FrothByte
Originally posted by omgchos
Remember though superman is susceptible to actual magic. Thor makes a point of saying(in the movie anyway) that the magic asguardians use isn't really magic, its sciene. His exact words were i believe "where i come from they are one in the same" or it was something like the fact that we would call their science magic. I think hed be able to take LowKey on speed and strength. Not to mention his heat vision and ice breath.

That doesn't take away the fact that what Loki used was actual magic. All that means is that we'll be able to eventually replicate their magic by means of science.

Still, Loki's magic is mystical in nature. You don't see him using some sort of hidden machines in his arms to create endless daggers. You don't see him using a hologram machine to create duplicates of himself. He just generates them.

Silent Master
I don't put much stock in one throw-away line from Thor, they didn't really show them using anything we'd call tech.

Robtard
LoL, retards.

Zod, Muteboy and Babydyke are all comparable to Reeve Superman. The guy who stopped tectonic plates from moving and then traveled back in time by flying really fast.

Zod could solo the Avengers, all three and it's a massacre.

Silent Master
Superman was written way down for his fight with Zod, Non and Ursa. as their feats were hardly impressive during that fight or the rest of the movie.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard

Zod could solo the Avengers, all three and it's a massacre.

True, but it's not really in Supermans character to just tear through his enemies.

CIS is pretty much the only reason Lex was a threat to him in the movies, and the same reason Loki could be one, if he resorts to his usual "intimidate/converse", instead of using Hulks approach.

cdtm
Originally posted by the ninjak
Avengers would've easily beaten Superman Returns film. And any with Lex.
Superman 4 had Reeves struggle against Nuclear Man.

You reckon the Avengers would defeat Nuclear Man?

Well, he does have a glaring weakness.

If they go in without a plan, obviously they get massacred, but give Stark and Banner prep, and they'll come up with something.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
True, but it's not really in Supermans character to just tear through his enemies.

CIS is pretty much the only reason Lex was a threat to him in the movies, and the same reason Loki could be one, if he resorts to his usual "intimidate/converse", instead of using Hulks approach.

Yeah, Avengers could easily stop Lex in Superman.

Superman 2, they die horribly.

Superman 3, they win.

Superman 4, they probably lose unless they manage to get Nuclearman in some shadow.

Superman clears The Avengers film.

Placidity
That doesn't take away the fact that what Loki used was actual magic. All that means is that we'll be able to eventually replicate their magic by means of science.

I think Thor is full of crap, but even on a logical level, your statement doesn't hold. magic = supernatural = beyond nature = not science. So Thor must really mean there is no such thing as magic (which I don't believe - but that's what you have to roll with on your position).

Either way, Loki is a noob, Thor jobs to him instead of just taking his head off with a hammer throw. Iron Man could take him, Superman won't have a problem especially with speed.

Sadako of Girth
'Magic' in the non illusionary sense is just something that is, but science hasn't explained yet. (Like the magic of the sun rising and setting seemed to some in history)
Nothing is 'supernatural' for the same reason: If it happened in the universe, it must be within the parameters of the natural universe.
Thusly it should be referred to as 'paranormal' instead..

Im with you on the 'Superman kicking the shit out of Loki and Thor' thing.

Placidity
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Nothing is 'supernatural' for the same reason: If it happened in the universe, it must be within the parameters of the natural universe.

That is merely an assertion, which by itself cannot be proven by the scientific method. It is circular reasoning.

Sadako of Girth
Sometimes thats the way of it.

Sometimes logic is circular.

Art also cannot be proven by purely scientific formula/method yet it just is.

Placidity
Art doesn't make any claims...

There are things that are beyond what science cannot prove, that is why there is philosophy.

Anyway, even though Thor said that line once, I feel it was clearly not what the movie wanted to depict. Otherwise you'd have to believe Odin is really just a scientist who gave himself superpowers, but purposely made sure it looked like there was no tech involved. He also made sure that his super advanced society didn't have some of the "lower" tech stuff like, I dunno, transport vehicles, computers, Earth-grade military weapons etc.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Placidity
That is merely an assertion, which by itself cannot be proven by the scientific method. It is circular reasoning.

So just because something isn't provable by science right now you're saying that it can never be scientifically proven in the future?

marwash22
OP has ulterior motives.

Reeves Superman > All of the Avengers.

what's the point of this thread?

Sadako of Girth

There are things that are beyond what science cannot prove, that is why there is philosophy.

No but in a world that claims that everything must be able to be broken down into neat quantifiable packages, (Science) creativity, consciousness and expressions of it are a bit of a pain in the arse.

Philosophy is one tool.

So just because something isn't provable by science right now you're saying that it can never be scientifically proven in the future? Exactly..

Placidity
So just because something isn't provable by science right now you're saying that it can never be scientifically proven in the future?

No. I was denying Sadako's assertion that it will be scientifically proven in the future. An obvious and important difference.

Sadako of Girth
Can you show me a quote where i said that?

The "Yet" could be perpetual..

Placidity
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Can you show me a quote where i said that?

The "Yet" could be perpetual..

"Yet" does imply inevitability in its basic meaning and in context of your/Thor's claim, otherwise it adds no meaning or value to the sentence whatsoever, yet the whole assertion hinges on that very word. If you meant it in a "perpetual" sense that may never eventuate then basically you've based your claim on nothing. There is no premise for the assertion at all.

Also, there is no perpetual time frame. When the universe reaches maximum entropy, and undergoes the heat death, it will not sustain life.

Thor has no foundation to make such a claim unless he is omniscient.

Sadako of Girth
Depends how slowly time moves in whatever localised region of space. stick out tongue

Less assertion and more speculation.

NemeBro
Originally posted by omgchos
I think hed be able to take LowKey on speed and strength. Not to mention his heat vision and ice breath.

Epic reference, it is ****ing gross that no one commented on it.

American Gods >

Anyway, even though Thor said that line once, I feel it was clearly not what the movie wanted to depict. Otherwise you'd have to believe Odin is really just a scientist who gave himself superpowers, but purposely made sure it looked like there was no tech involved. He also made sure that his super advanced society didn't have some of the "lower" tech stuff like, I dunno, transport vehicles, computers, Earth-grade military weapons etc.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SufficientlyAdvancedAlien

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro

American Gods >

Good Omens > American Gods.

Still, it's a damn good book.

omgchos
Originally posted by NemeBro
Thanks Bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.