The Authority vs Alpha Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glorificus
Apollo
Midnighter
Swift
Engineer
Jack Hawksmoor
Jenny Sparks
The Doctor

vs

Aurora
Northstar
Snowbird
Shaman
Talisman
Guardian
Vindicator

No BFR.

Digi
Cue Mungi. Seriously, does anyone else actually know AF's full potential?

Shaman vs. the Doctor would be cool to see though. The fight may come down to just those two, unless AF channels Cthulu or whatever Canadian voodoo it is that they do.

DarkSaint85
Might be a quick draw situation, I feel.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi

No.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Digi

Shaman vs. the Doctor would be cool to see though. The fight may come down to just those two, unless AF channels Cthulu or whatever Canadian voodoo it is that they do.

I'm going to wager no

Actually Talisman > Shaman. Now on the subject I know barebones of the Authority so not really going to be adding much. Correct me if I'm wrong isn't Jenny Sparks and the Doctor universal level in power?

EDIT: Oh wait I was thinking of Jenny Quantum, but still what about the Doctor?

Digi
Originally posted by -K-M-
I'm going to wager no

Actually Talisman > Shaman. Now on the subject I know barebones of the Authority so not really going to be adding much. Correct me if I'm wrong isn't Jenny Sparks and the Doctor universal level in power?

EDIT: Oh wait I was thinking of Jenny Quantum, but still what about the Doctor?

Right, that's Quantum. Sparks is a high meta (low herald at best with the proper power source) electricity manipulator.

The Doctor is properly Trans. I'd classify him more as planetary with the scale of his power. He has high level matter manip, time manip, TK, TP, etc. powers, and only needs to think of them for it to happen. It's not reality manipulation, he doesn't rewrite physics, just rearranges it. Technically he could do something like time travel to the beginning of the universe, and rearrange some things to ruin it...but that's cheating and not truly universal in the terms we normally use.

He can do things like localized time-stops, turning anyone without a defense for it into inert matter (or, usually, something more creative like cologne or cupcakes), time travel at a whim, freeze other people, flood their minds with billions of thoughts, and has displayed continental-level tk powers when he was still getting used to his power. There's not really a limit to the variety either - he's shown size manipulation, technopathy, dimensional BFR, etc. Basically whatever he thinks of. He's also harnessed souls and once created a new body for a low herald energy manipulator/absorber (think Bishop, but better), suggesting that he could create himself a herald army with some prep if necessary. There's limits of course - if he tries something too massive he can pass out - but that's rare. He's also somewhat vulnerable to speedblitzes, because he's human level until he thinks otherwise. A very quick KO or telepathic intrusion can sideline him.

Outside of the Doctor, no one on that roster is any higher than mid herald, and even that is pushing it, as Engineer, Jack, and Apollo are only mid in the right conditions or if we're generous with feat selection. MNer's outclassed, Sparks is a one-trick pony, and Swift is a joke.

Golgo13
I'd place my bets on Authority.

-K-M-
Sounds like only the Doctor is a threat, and they do have members that could speedblitz or use telepathy. Plus most of what you said Talisman/Shaman has done.

I thought I heard her created his own universe twice or some jazz? I'm sure there is more to him.

DarkSaint85
He shunted a lot of energy into a mini big bang, and created a new universe, IIRC.

Golgo13
Sounds like only the Doctor is a threat, and they do have members that could speedblitz or use telepathy. Plus most of what you said Talisman/Shaman has done.

I thought I heard her created his own universe twice or some jazz? I'm sure there is more to him.

You havent read elliss or millars authority? I suggest you do.

-K-M-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He shunted a lot of energy into a mini big bang, and created a new universe, IIRC.

That's pretty damn impressive, and I heard something about a universe full of hotdogs too?

Originally posted by Golgo13
You havent read elliss or millars authority? I suggest you do.

I've only read a portion of it, and from what I read it was good. I just keep forgetting to pick it up.

DarkSaint85
That's pretty damn impressive, and I heard something about a universe full of hotdogs too?

I've only read a portion of it, and from what I read it was good. I just keep forgetting to pick it up.

Ah, a bit of context - he only BFRed a human bomb. Apologies if I made it sound like it was more than that:

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=164ar.jpg

Not sure about the hotdogs.

celeyhyga17
Authority.

Digi

Yeah, the universe creation wasn't impressive. It's one of the bigger misconstrued feats on the forums. It essentially amounted to dimensional BFR...the amount of energy was actually fairly trivial. It just created a big bang because it was "huge" relative to the nothingness the guy was transported into.

That said, he would be the primary threat, and the main and perhaps only reason the Authority could win this (though the three mentioned earlier could all hold their own).

I'm not sure what else you're looking for when you say "more" though. Effortless time and matter manip. that can create pretty much anything he could imagine. Unless specifically countered, he could turn the team's brains to telepathic mush, their bones into chocolate pudding, while sending an army of formidable drones at AF and stepping into the past to attack them as newborns (a tactic he's used before). All while granting himself herald level durability and strength and BFR'ing anyone not prepared for it into a dimension filled entirely with fecal matter (again, not making these things up). He's reconstructed his body after having his skin exploded off of him, and repaired his brain in moments after having his head punched open (inside the sun no less), so once he's "in control" he's also incredibly hard to take down. Nothing short of molecular dispersal would do it.

I realize Shaman might be his equal, which is why I say it would be a good fight. But it's hard to go demonstrably beyond him in power without hitting Skyfather or more.

-K-M-
More as in I thought he created a universe twice. Also Talisman and Shaman both can time/matter manipulate as well, actually everything you said they actually have done and have the ability to do haha. They still have human durability, but they have powerful magical shields instead. Also is the Doctor's powers magical?

I honestly don't know enough about the Doctor to really say who can win.

Glorificus
Also is the Doctor's powers magical?

Yes.

Uriel005
Is the fight in a major city.... But seriously comes down to Dr maybe Jenny and Talisman/Shaman

Digi
More as in I thought he created a universe twice. Also Talisman and Shaman both can time/matter manipulate as well, actually everything you said they actually have done and have the ability to do haha. They still have human durability, but they have powerful magical shields instead. Also is the Doctor's powers magical?

I honestly don't know enough about the Doctor to really say who can win.

It's commonly referred to as magic, and by the way it works, it probably is. He doesn't have to think of the exact nature of what he does - like Firestorm for example - he can just think "become oxygen" and the universe makes it happen. But he doesn't use spells, per se, and everything has a grounding in the Wildstorm universe's physics (like rearranging atomic structure to do many of the things I just said). So a case could be made for "no" as well. It's never fully explained in a way that would provide a completely satisfactory answer to your question.

I am aware, though, that most of what I mentioned is well within the realm of AF's casters. It would be a good fight.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the 2nd universe creation. The first has simply been blown out of proportion on the forums, and has certainly never been talked up by me. I've listed all but a couple of his best feats.

Originally posted by Uriel005
Is the fight in a major city.... But seriously comes down to Dr maybe Jenny and Talisman/Shaman

Read my earlier comments. It's Sparks, not Quantum. I think the assumption is it would be in a city; otherwise why include Jack at all? In any case, the Doctor could port him to one easily enough, or Angie could use one of her duplicates to fly him there quickly.

Nihilist
AF all die off panel like chumps

Nihilist
AF all die off panel like chumps

-K-M-
Well one person on team Alpha is anti-magic and using magic around her only makes her more powerful so that's why I'm asking.

Digi do you recall something with a hot dog universe?

Konton
Snowbird, Talisman, and Shaman swing it.

People are underselling Engineer though, her tech is sort of crazy.

Digi
Well one person on team Alpha is anti-magic and using magic around her only makes her more powerful so that's why I'm asking.

Digi do you recall something with a hot dog universe?

Not offhand, no. And I'm afraid the magic question will remain unanswered. For all the magic-like vibes he gives off, whenever he talks about his powers, it's usually in scientific terms.

Originally posted by Konton
Snowbird, Talisman, and Shaman swing it.

People are underselling Engineer though, her tech is sort of crazy.

Angie could definitely make a dent here. But it's not underselling to say she isn't who this battles is hinged upon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.