Sandman vs Imhotep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Random encounter in the Sahara Desert
Who takes it?

marwash22
haven't seen The Mummy movies in a minute, but doesn't Imhotep control sand? lol

Sadako of Girth
Imhotep. As Marwash points out... stick out tongue

Robtard
In the second film Imhotep created a massive sandstorm with his magic. Though I don't know how he could ultimately defeat Sandman, unless BFR is allowed.

Sadako of Girth
Thats the bit I remember.

Will have to rewatch these to erase all doubt.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard
In the second film Imhotep created a massive sandstorm with his magic. Though I don't know how he could ultimately defeat Sandman, unless BFR is allowed.

First film he made a sandstorm, second film he controlled water

Lord Lucien
I honestly can't think how either of them would kill the other.

KingD19
Control Sandman and toss him in a river?

Silent Master
Are there many rivers in the Sahara Desert?

KingD19
I dunno. Never been.

Mindset
Originally posted by Silent Master
Are there many rivers in the Sahara Desert? Originally posted by KingD19
I dunno. Never been. laughing out loud

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Silent Master
Are there many rivers in the Sahara Desert?
http://theframedworld.com/sites/default/files/Nile-River-and-Sahara-Deser.jpg

the ninjak
Wasn't the Nile near the pyramids in the film?

TheGodKiller
I don't recall it being that way.

the ninjak
Wasn't there a boat voyage scene? When they were on there way there?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by the ninjak
As far as I recall, Imhotep's party were travelling via a train and O Connell's group through a hot-air balloon when the river manipulation scene took place.

FrothByte
Dump him in an oasis?

Mindset
What makes people think Imhotep has more control over Sandman's body than Sandman does?

Sandman should be able to reconstitute his body if he is pushed into the water. The sand to water ratio in the Sahara is pretty large.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
What makes people think Imhotep has more control over Sandman's body than Sandman does?

1) Magic

2) He's controlled more sand than Sandman has

Mindset
1) Magic

2) He's controlled more sand than Sandman has 1) So?

2) So?

He has never controlled sentient sand.

steverules_2
1) So?

2) So?

He can control water...'nuff said

Mindset
Originally posted by steverules_2
He can control water...'nuff said Enough water to engulf all the sand that Sandman could use in the Sahara...?

Robtard
1) So?

2) So?

Magic

Shows he has greater control, which is what you asked.

Like every little grain is sentient? Ha, no.

Mindset
Magic

Shows he has greater control, which is what you asked.

Like every little grain is sentient? Ha, no. Doesn't mean anything.

No, I didn't ask if he had greater control over sand. I asked what proves he would have greater control over Sandman's body than Sandman does. Him creating a sandstorm does not prove he could control Sandman. The sand is a part of Sandman, like your arm is a part of you; so no, not every grain of sand is sentient, but it is under the control of a sentient being composed of sand.

Silent Master

After they had to abandon the boat, they had to ride camels for an undisclosed amount of time before getting to the city.

Seeing as the river is one of the country's main methods of travel, I doubt a city that has been lost for so many centuries that it is considered a myth would be located near-by.

Robtard
Doesn't mean anything.

No, I didn't ask if he had greater control over sand. I asked what proves he would have greater control over Sandman's body than Sandman does. Him creating a sandstorm does not prove he could control Sandman. The sand is a part of Sandman, like your arm is a part of you; so no, not every grain of sand is sentient, but it is under the control of a sentient being composed of sand.

Good point, just like Xavier wasn't able to control people cos their arms, legs and dicks are part of their own body and under their own control. Wait.

Mindset
Good point, just like Xavier wasn't able to control people cos their arms, legs and dicks are part of their own body and under their own control. Wait. He controlled their minds, they were no longer sentient.

Robtard
He controlled their minds, they were no longer sentient.

LoL, could be argued that there were still sentient, they just lacked the willpower to surpass his control.

But okay, Magneto controlled Wolverine's body cos he has more control over metal than Wolverine's mind and muscles have over his body.

Imhotep is the master of sand compared to Sandman.

ersxqFwDkWA

Lestov16
E8tZAah4ZDM

marwash22
i agree with you, Rob, but i don't think the Wolverine comparison is a good one considering the metal isn't really apart of his body; it simply coats skeleton and he has zero actual control over it.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
i agree with you, Rob, but i don't think the Wolverine comparison is a good one considering the metal isn't really apart of his body; it simply coats skeleton and he has zero actual control over it.

Fair enough.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
E8tZAah4ZDM

A truck load of sand is less sand than the massive sandstorm and sand-face Imhotep controlled/made.

Mindset
If they were still sentient they would still have control.

Could Magneto control Superman wearing a metal suit? Doubtful. Magneto showed he had the ability to overpower Wolverine's near human strength, based on direct confrontation and other feats. I don't see the same for Imhotep and Sandman.

Now send me your nudes.

Robtard
Point is they both control sand and Imhotep has shown far greater control.

Mindset
You just got the marwash seal of approval, looks like I win.

Robtard
You just got the marwash seal of approval, looks like I win.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7312/asdfg1.jpg

marwash22
You just got the marwash seal of approval, looks like I win. http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/spyknow/seal-of-approval.jpg

TheGodKiller
Enough water to engulf all the sand that Sandman could use in the Sahara...?
The same sand that can be used by Imhotep as well.

FrothByte
If they were still sentient they would still have control.

Could Magneto control Superman wearing a metal suit? Doubtful. Magneto showed he had the ability to overpower Wolverine's near human strength, based on direct confrontation and other feats. I don't see the same for Imhotep and Sandman.

Now send me your nudes.

The Magneto/Superman is a bad comparison I think. Superman in a metal suit may just be physically strong and fast enough to go against Magneto's magnetic control.

Sandman on the other hand has never displayed the kind of strength to match Imhotep's feat of controlling/carrying tons of sand in that sandstorm.

I agree that Sandman has more control over his body than Imhotep does. But considering what we saw Imhotep do, he can possibly just overwhelm Sandman's control by sheer raw power.

But even if he's not able to control Sandman, I still don't see how Sandman can beat Imhotep. Sandman is pretty much stuck to one form of attack, while Imhotep has dozens of powers under his sleeve that he can utilize.

omgchos
Are we talking pre book of amun rah? Cuz before evelyn cast that spell imotep was immortal. He did get his arm chopped off tho so i guess that sandmans only chance would be to completely dismember him. Yet he would almost certainly still have controll of sand no matter how beat up he was.

BlackZero30x
Sandmans biggest feat was becoming that giant sand monster. Harry and Peter turned his arm to glass and shattered it. He regrew it iirc.

My question is when he made the sand storm was it actual control over the sand or did he just summon a storm magically? I don't really remember the scene its been so long..

the ninjak
He did make a big face through the sandstorm.

omgchos
Since he was able to create a sandstorm that transported him, benny, and evey across the desert without harming them we can assume he has a huge amount of control over the sand.

the ninjak
He seems to be able to absorb people and himself into the sand as well.

I doubt he was just throwing them around.

Why can't he just absorb Sandman into the storm? Kinda like a self-absorption BFR?

BlackZero30x
I forgot all about that stuff but then again I only bearly remembered the storm as it was. I don't think I have seen that movie since it was released.

omgchos
He seems to be able to absorb people and himself into the sand as well.

I doubt he was just throwing them around.

Why can't he just absorb Sandman into the storm? Kinda like a self-absorption BFR?
It was never clearly defined as to whether he just carried them on a some sand or absorbed them, but either way its quite a feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.