If Thanos hits the following with his Big G blast..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
what happens to each of them.. Nothing..Stunned, KO'd, Killed

1. Spiderman
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Ronan
5. Glads
6. Thor
7. Superman
8. Surfer
9. Prime
10. Seid

yaadaveyaa
1.dead 2.double dead 3. stunned hurt but regenerates 4. ko'd not dead but hurting 5. stunned pretty hurt 6. not exacty nothing but i dont think it stuns him all that much either 7. same thing as thor 8. stunns but not for long 9. nothing 10. nothing

carver9
That blast did nothing but push Galactus back...not seeing what's so impressive about it. Not like he damaged him or anything.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by carver9
That blast did nothing but push Galactus back...not seeing what's so impressive about it. Not like he damaged him or anything.

Pushed him back... you jest... It sent him flying through his ship and bouncing hundreds of feet on the local moon.. That is a far cry from "merely pushed back" . Thor's God blasts FROM BEHIND.. to a STARVING Galactus didn't even move him much at all. He's taken blasts from surfer, celestials, in betweener and too many to name that didn't send him flying like that. So clearly, it must've been kinda strong don't you think. Especially considering it was a WELL FED Galactus.

Nihilist
That blast did nothing but push Galactus back...not seeing what's so impressive about it. Not like he damaged him or anything. lowball ftw

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Pushed him back... you jest... It sent him flying through his ship and bouncing hundreds of feet on the local moon.. That is a far cry from "merely pushed back" . Thor's God blasts FROM BEHIND.. to a STARVING Galactus didn't even move him much at all. He's taken blasts from surfer, celestials, in betweener and too many to name that didn't send him flying like that. So clearly, it must've been kinda strong don't you think. Especially considering it was a WELL FED Galactus.

I find it funny that you're getting on him for lowballing Thanos' attack, and yet you're doing the same to Thor's GB.

Or did you forget that the GB had Galactus running away while in fear of his life?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I didn't low ball anything... We're talking about moving big G and and carver was saying it barely moved him and thus not impressive. I was correcting that aspect of his post.. and pointing out other attacks that moved him even less. How is that lowballing? Trust me I didn't forget that.. did you forget that Galactus was already starving and barely just survived his fight with EGO?

Silent Master
I didn't low ball anything... We're talking about moving big G and and carver was saying it barely moved him and thus not impressive. I was correcting that aspect of his post.. and pointing out other attacks that moved him even less. How is that lowballing? Trust me I didn't forget that.. did you forget that Galactus was already starving and barely just survived his fight with EGO?

Don't even try it, you were upset because you feel that Carver was downplaying the power of Thanos' attack and then you go and do the same thing to Thor's GB.

ODG
I didn't low ball anything... We're talking about moving big G and and carver was saying it barely moved him and thus not impressive. I was correcting that aspect of his post.. and pointing out other attacks that moved him even less. How is that lowballing? Trust me I didn't forget that.. did you forget that Galactus was already starving and barely just survived his fight with EGO? Are... are you seriously trying to backhandedly suggest that Thanos' blast is more powerful than Thor's godblast??????

Silent Master
Originally posted by ODG
Are... are you seriously trying to backhandedly suggest that Thanos' blast is more powerful than Thor's godblast??????

That is exactly what he tried to do.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Are... are you seriously trying to backhandedly suggest that Thanos' blast is more powerful than Thor's godblast??????

Well... I don't remember saying that but it brings up a good point... What are the feats of the God Blast.. I'm actually kinda curious... I know it was fired at Juggs.. and stopped his momentum and even pushed him backwards slightly before he started moving slightly forward/down lol. Obviously you know the instances where Juggs has been stopped.. War Hulk.. Shit Onslaught send him flying and Ko'd him. I know the instance with Big G.. but again.. do you think there is no comparision between the God Blasts and Thanos strongest blast? Are they worlds apart.. If so, why did Thor's god blast to a starving Galactus from behind not even move him really.. yet Thanos with Big G looking right at him and well fed sent him flying out of his ship and bouncing on a moon. I know of the one aganist a Celestial.. but again.. that had added circumstances and not a normal God Blast.. What other instances are there ODG. I'm really curious.

The God Blast is probably more powerful than an average Thanos attack. I'm fine with that. Shit, it might even be more powerful than Thanos' most powerful blast.. though I'm not sure we have or haven't seen that. Where do you stand on the difference in power.. and also.. how do the above fair against the blast in question. I'm curious how you see them doing?

zopzop
The beauty of Thanos' "Galactus blast" was that it was a "legit" attack. He didn't sucker punch him, attack him when he was down, or when Galactus was starving.

Before trolls and stalkers jump in and annoy me, I realize Galactus wasn't hurt by the attack.

EDIT -
One through eight die. Nine survives. Don't know enough about Ten to comment.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by zopzop
The beauty of Thanos' "Galactus blast" was that it was a "legit" attack. He didn't sucker punch him, attack him when he was down, or when Galactus was starving.

Before trolls and stalkers jump in and annoy me, I realize Galactus wasn't hurt by the attack.

That's the thing... Define hurt??? Thor's God Blasts and other people blasting Big G.. did no noticeable damage either. Does that mean he wasn't hurt. I'm sure Galactus didn't think it tickled. Just cause he wasn't KO'd or Killed.. doesn't mean it didn't hurt him.. just like many characters... he can heal and regenerate... but just cause he wasn't KO'd doesn't mean he wasn't hurt.

Silent Master
If by "no noticeable damage" you mean, have Galactus basically state that he's leaving so the blast doesn't kill him.

Damborgson
Well... I don't remember saying that but it brings up a good point... What are the feats of the God Blast.. I'm actually kinda curious... I

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir52-Godblast161.jpg
nearly kills galactus. makes him go running for the hills.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55519/2546313-thor30016ie7.jpg

Busts the dome of Exitar which is tougher than his armor, which is tougher than Arishem's armor that no sold the concentrated blast of Zeus Odin and Vishnu

a weakened godblast (it was indeed weakened seeing as how it depends on Thor's life force and Thor was having seizures of weakness. He was actually so weak he had troubles lifting a house.) pushes back the juggernaut.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir159-Godblast425.jpg

rips the fabric of reality.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir181-Godblastv212.jpg

cripples Zelia who running a very large amount of Odin Force added onto her own already considerable powers.

So anyways, no that attack that caught Galactus off guard and took of his helm isn't stronger than a godblast.

edit: and if you weren't saying that well I am lol stick out tongue

Silent Master
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir52-Godblast161.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg

Busts the dome of Exitar which is tougher than his armor, which is tougher than Arishem's armor that no sold the concentrated blast of Zeus Odin and Vishnu

a weakened godblast (it was indeed weakened seeing as how it depends on Thor's life force and Thor was having seizures of weakness. He was actually so weak he had troubles lifting a house.) pushes back the juggernaut.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir159-Godblast425.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir181-Godblastv212.jpg

cripples Zelia who running a very large amount of Odin Force added onto her own already considerable powers.

So anyways, no that attack that caught Galactus off guard and took of his helm isn't stronger than a godblast.

But it pushed Galactus back further, surely that is more impressive than an attack that causes Galactus to fear for his life, right?

embarrasment

ODG
Well... I don't remember saying that Good. Then don't. Seriously. Just don't. That would be retarded. Originally posted by zopzop

EDIT -
One through eight die. Nine survives. Don't know enough about Ten to comment. Saved the only relevant part.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Silent Master
But it pushed Galactus back further, surely that is more impressive than an attack that causes Galactus to fear for his life, right?

embarrasment

Surely.

KuRuPT Thanosi

edit: and if you weren't saying that well I am lol stick out tongue

Context is your friend... The blast only almost killed Galactus because he was starving and very weak from JUST fighting ego. Did you forget that part in your almost killed Galactus. If Thanos fired his blasts against a galactus in that state.. what would it have done

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Good. Then don't. Seriously. Just don't. That would be retarded. Saved the only relevant part.

Come on buddy.. you can give a few answers... What do you think the disparity between Thanos' most powerful blast and Thor's God blast?

You keep referencing he wasn't hurt by it... but does not being KO'd or Killed mean you were uneffected? Surely you don't believe he wasn't hurt even slightly? Nobody is claiming it crippled him or really hurt him. But surely a blast that sends him that far and bouncing all over the place didn't tickle. If it just tickled.. he would've no sold it like he's done other blasts and not moved. That is tickled. This surely did more than that no?

Damborgson
Context is your friend... The blast only almost killed Galactus because he was starving and very weak from JUST fighting ego. Did you forget that part in your almost killed Galactus. If Thanos fired his blasts against a galactus in that state.. what would it have done

Did i say he was peaked or something? I assumed you knew so no point in saying it again. But don't act like he was on the verge of death or something. He was so weak he could kill a high herald by simply tossing him like a used napkin.

Nice of you to ignore the other scans though thumb up which are also superior to Thanos' blast.

It would have blown off his helmet. Just like it did before.

ODG
Come on buddy.. you can give a few answers... What do you think the disparity between Thanos' most powerful blast and Thor's God blast?

You keep referencing he wasn't hurt by it... but does not being KO'd or Killed mean you were uneffected? Surely you don't believe he wasn't hurt even slightly? Nobody is claiming it crippled him or really hurt him. But surely a blast that sends him that far and bouncing all over the place didn't tickle. If it just tickled.. he would've no sold it like he's done other blasts and not moved. That is tickled. This surely did more than that no? I haven't seen Thanos' strongest blast. All I know is that the one that hit Galactus is not stronger than Thor's godblast. Besides, it's an unfair comparison. The godblast is a self-amplified attack channeled via Mjolnir. Not exactly fair to compare a stand-alone Thanos blast to it.

Unless you're somehow trying to backhandedly suggest that the blast he used on Galactus was stronger than Thor's godblast, you aren't actually saying anything. You're just begging meaningless questions. Needless to say, not interested.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you see no difference between a weakened Galactus and a Starving one? You see those Galactus as being able to take the same amount of damage? Surely you jest.

Actually that is EXACTLY what I'm saying. That IS how weak he was indeed.

Your scans prove very little do they.. Juggs has been dealt with much worse.. Are you saying War Hulk's arms are as strong as Thor's God blast? That also stopped Juggs. Onslaught KO"D and sent Juggs across states. So where this is going? Doesn't seem quite as impressive does it?

The exitar incident again you left out context and the reinforcement that took place just to make that happen. That is neither typical nor a normal God blast. I won't even bother referencing what ended up doing even more damage to Exitar huh?

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Saved the only relevant part.

Right on cue! thumb up

ODG
^ Dress up your trolling anyway you like. You backhandedly trying to save your comment from its bare asininity with an actual grain of truth didn't transform it into a golden nugget of truth. Get over it.

Silent Master
So you see no difference between a weakened Galactus and a Starving one? You see those Galactus as being able to take the same amount of damage? Surely you jest.

Your scans prove very little do they.. Juggs has been dealt with much worse.. Are you saying War Hulk's arms are as strong as Thor's God blast? That also stopped Juggs. Onslaught KO"D and sent Juggs across states. So where this is going? Doesn't seem quite as impressive does it?

The exitar incident again you left out context and the reinforcement that took place just to make that happen. That is neither typical nor a normal God blast. I won't even bother referencing what ended up doing even more damage to Exitar huh?

Are you now trying to claim that the blast Thanos hit Galactus with was more powerful than Thor's GB?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
I haven't seen Thanos' strongest blast. All I know is that the one that hit Galactus is not stronger than Thor's godblast. Besides, it's an unfair comparison. The godblast is a self-amplified attack channeled via Mjolnir. Not exactly fair to compare a stand-alone Thanos blast to it.

Unless you're somehow trying to backhandedly suggest that the blast he used on Galactus was stronger than Thor's godblast, you aren't actually saying anything. You're just begging meaningless questions. Needless to say, not interested.

So not being KO'd or killed by a blast means you're not hurt. I'm just asking was he not hurt at all? Why did Thor's God Blast not even move a starving dying galactus when he wasn't even looking... Yet thanos.. to a well fed Galactus.. while facing him sends him flying hundreds of yards.. Why is that?

ODG
So not being KO'd or killed by a blast means you're not hurt. I'm just asking was he not hurt at all? Why did Thor's God Blast not even move a starving dying galactus when he wasn't even looking... Yet thanos.. to a well fed Galactus.. while facing him sends him flying hundreds of yards.. Why is that? Originally posted by ODG

dmills

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/iGZ8XadfrCBZC-1.gif

Damborgson

Go ahead and quote me where I said that. Otherwise not sure where you got that from...

Oh well that's....not smart lol.

http://mattpagedotcom.com/galactus/files/2011/11/GalactusFight_0002-1024x851.jpg

^ that is a near death galactus. The other one was weakened that much is undeniably true. But he was still capable of killing Thor just by throwing him against a planet. The near death galactus scan I posted was unable to even defend against a fodder army. Who he killed with a gesture after getting one planet's strength.

Those are different juggernauts. The one thor fought had his shields on. Thor couldn't just take the tip of a blade and pop off his helmet like War did. Compare it to when his shields came off and Thor blew his helm off with one hit. "BUT WAR DIDN'T EVEN DO THAT!!!11!!1! DOES THAT MEAN THOR HIT'S WAY HARDER?!?!?!" No.

I didn't leave anything out lol. Stop pretending you've caught me with my pants down, since this is all common knowledge.

Take HALF of that power and it is still on a different league than Thanos' blast.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ Dress up your trolling anyway you like. You backhandedly trying to save your comment from its bare asininity with an actual grain of truth didn't transform it into a golden nugget of truth. Get over it.
Keep proving me right! thumb up

ODG
^ Happy to keep doing what I'm doing. I imagine you must be enjoying it too. kinda

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ Happy to keep doing what I'm doing. I imagine you must be enjoying it too. kinda
I'm loving it. Cort used to stalk me in any Shuma related threads but he doesn't post here as often anymore. sad

ODG
^ Then keep doing what you're doing, flopflop. The fake stalker act this time around is a nice touch. Still, it's better than crying out e-victimization.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ Then keep doing what you're doing, flopflop. The fake stalker act this time around is a nice touch. Still, it's better than crying out e-victimization.
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/3/26/b7815bff-dad2-44b5-b304-8c7f6499de40.jpg
thumb up

ODG
^ The bird you ought to be invoking is a parrot, not an owl. Considering you're doing nothing but repeating yourself helplessly.

Not surprised though. Typical occurrence when someone's act is completely deconstructed. And let's not kid ourselves that that didn't happen.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ The bird you ought to be invoking is a parrot, not an owl. Considering you're doing nothing but repeating yourself helplessly.

Not surprised though. Typical occurrence when someone's act is completely deconstructed. And let's not kid ourselves that that didn't happen.
You just can't help yourself can you? laughing

ODG
^ Says the guy who can't make a graceful exit out of an unflattering conversation.

TheLordofMurder

1. Spiderman
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Ronan
5. Glads
6. Thor
7. Superman
8. Surfer
9. Prime
10. Seid

Excellent thread idea! thumb up

1) Nothing remains...
2) His atoms are dispersed...
3) Not sure; I need to see Wolvies best feat of regen before I can answer...
4) Dead...
5) Dead...
6) Hurt really bad, unconscious, but alive...
7) Same as Thor...
8) Dead; given that Thanos took him out with 7 punches...
9) Injuried, but alive and conscious...
10) Which version of Darkseid?

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ Says the guy who can't make a graceful exit out of an unflattering conversation.
Says the guy that proved my original post in this thread right! thumb up

@TheLordofMurder
I'm glad someone in this thread remembered what happened to SS when Thanos played Street Fighter with him. thumb up

ODG
Says the guy that proved my original post in this thread right! thumb up Says the guy that made you argue with yourself for pages across two threads on the same topic you flopflop'ed on. You managed to exceed the splendid imbecility of a quanchiwaffle.

But let's face it, I can't really take a bow for that one. You deserve all credit in the world for that one.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Says the guy that made you argue with yourself for pages across two threads on the same topic you flopflop'ed on. You managed to exceed the splendid imbecility of a quanchiwaffle.

But let's face it, I can't really take a bow for that one. You deserve all credit in the world for that one.
Too bad the recent issues of Secret Avengers proved Whitewitchking right. Abyss WAS NOT Set. roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://marvel.wikia.com/Secret_Avengers_Vol_1_31

And it's official now I guess. I got my very own forum stalkier.

ODG
Too bad the recent issues of Secret Avengers proved Whitewitchking right. Abyss WAS NOT Set. roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://marvel.wikia.com/Secret_Avengers_Vol_1_31 Originally posted by zopzop
Easy, originally the story was the Demiurge created the Elder Gods on Earth billions of years ago.

According to Chaos War this isn't the case anymore with Gaea.

Hence the retconn smile Hilarious. Instead of making a graceful exit. You manage to flopflop into arguing with yourself again. On the same exact topic, in a third thread... months removed. Amazing. Some wounds never heal??? Sorta???Originally posted by zopzop
And it's official now I guess. I got my very own forum stalkier. I like how you blame arguing with yourself in an unparalleled display of absent-minded hypocrisy on imaginary stalkers though.

When in doubt, cry wolf??? I guess??? Never thought that would somehow excuse flopflop'ing. laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Hilarious. Instead of making a graceful exit. You manage to flopflop into arguing with yourself again. On the same exact topic, in a third thread... months removed. Amazing. I like how you blame arguing with yourself in an unparalleled display of absent-minded hypocrisy on imaginary stalkers though.
Even more hilarious, according to Thor Annual 1, Mikoboshi wasn't a mere Earth god but an aspect of Oblivion himself AND Abyss and the Crowns in the Secret Avengers arc have nothing to do with Set.

This leaves only the Chaos War incident with Gaea not mentioning the Demiurge.

Are you trying to prove my original post in this topic true beyond all doubt? Because you doing a bang up job.

ODG
Even more hilarious, according to Thor Annual 1, Mikoboshi wasn't a mere Earth god but an aspect of Oblivion himself AND Abyss and the Crowns in the Secret Avengers arc have nothing to do with Set.

This leaves only the Chaos War incident with Gaea not mentioning the Demiurge. Originally posted by zopzop
Easy, originally the story was the Demiurge created the Elder Gods on Earth billions of years ago.

According to Chaos War this isn't the case anymore And, of course, neither does Gaea have a connection to a Demiurge that's retconned out of existence with Chaos War. And more than arguably, neither does Set with the information from Chaos War even if the Secret Avengers retcon never happened.

Real smart. Trying to act like the Gaea retcon was just incidental. It upturned everything, making your appeal to Secret Avengers completely irrelevant. But yea, even an idiot would understand that... well... most idiots.Originally posted by zopzop
Are you trying to prove my original post in this topic true beyond all doubt? Because you doing a bang up job. And here I thought this was about people stalking you... or graceful exits... or you managing to argue with yourself in a third thread about a topic completely beaten to death by your stupidity???????

You'd think with all these random and disparate ideas being tossed around, that this isn't just about you being annoyed with having your own trollish comment thrown back in your face when the only thing that was pointed out was the single relevant fact that even you backhandedly wanted to remind everyone of.

Who knew?

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
And, of course, neither does Gaea have a connection to a Demiurge that's retconned out of existence with Chaos War. And more than arguably, neither does Set with the information from Chaos War even if the Secret Avengers retcon never happened.

Real smart. Trying to act like the Gaea retcon was just incidental. It upturned everything, making your appeal to Secret Avengers completely irrelevant. But yea, even an idiot would understand that... well... most idiots. And here I thought this was about people stalking you... or graceful exits... or you managing to argue with yourself in a third thread about a topic completely beaten to death by your stupidity???????
The Gaea retcon is vague at best. The Demiurge and the other Elder Gods aren't mentioned in the story at all. Yet later we see Demogorge pop up in a Thor story. How is he there if the Demiurge has been retconned out of the picture? Gaea fathered him with Demiurge.

So not only isn't Chaos King a mere Earth god but an aspect of a universal abstract, Abyss IS NOT SET and the Crowns in the Secret Avengers Arc have nothing to do with Set either.

So using those as an example against the biospheric origin of the Gods isn't valid.

Keep on truckin'. You only proving me right with each post.

abhilegend
1 to 5 dead, wolverine regenerates however. 6 to 10 hurt to variable degrees.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
1 to 5 dead, wolverine regenerates however. 6 to 10 hurt to variable degrees.
Dude, he's already killed the Surfer with less.

ODG
The Gaea retcon is vague at best. hysterical Originally posted by zopzop
The Demiurge and the other Elder Gods aren't mentioned in the story at all. Demiurge not showing up at all since the 1980s and being written out completely on-panel... that tends to happen with retcons. As you argued against other people in other threads. Originally posted by zopzop
Yet later we see Demogorge pop up in a Thor story. How is he there if the Demiurge has been retconned out of the picture? Gaea fathered him with Demiurge. Not anymore. And you knew that since you reminded everyone of it other arguments in older threads. Originally posted by zopzop
So not only isn't Chaos King a mere Earth god but an aspect of a universal abstract, Abyss IS NOT SET and the Crowns in the Secret Avengers Arc have nothing to do with Set either. Which has sh1t to do with Gaea and Demiurge' origin being completely retconned. Which is, again, something you reminded people of in arguments in older threads. Originally posted by zopzop
So using those as an example against the biospheric origin of the Gods isn't valid. Other than the actual on-panel retcon in Chaos War. Which you recognized and argued fervently against other posters in older threads. Until you didn't want to anymore in different threads, to the point where you decided to argue against yourself for pages across two three different threads. Smart. Really smart. Originally posted by zopzop
Keep on truckin'. You only proving me right with each post. Revisiting the single stupidest act in KMC history -- you arguing with yourself consciously for pages across threads -- proves you're right? This ain't Bizarro-world, son. You're doin your darnedest to make a molehill into a mountain of poo. Everyone has a talent, I suppose.

h1a8

1. Spiderman
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Ronan
5. Glads
6. Thor
7. Superman
8. Surfer
9. Prime
10. Seid
1-3 die but 3 comes back to life.
4. Koed
5-8 hurt but ok
9-10 irritated

h1a8
Dude, he's already killed the Surfer with less. No he didn't. Low showing for Surfer plus punches aren't energy blasts

abhilegend
Dude, he's already killed the Surfer with less.
You mean a complete suckershot with energy blast intent to kill him and 7 to 9 punches?

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
hysterical Demiurge not showing up at all since the 1980s and being written out completely on-panel... that tends to happen with retcons. As you argued against other people in other threads. Not anymore. And you knew that since you reminded everyone of it other arguments in older threads. Which has sh1t to do with Gaea and Demiurge' origin being completely retconned. Which is, again, something you reminded people of in arguments in older threads. Other than the actual on-panel retcon in Chaos War. Which you recognized and argued fervently against other posters in older threads. Until you didn't want to anymore in different threads, to the point where you decided to argue against yourself for pages across two three different threads. Smart. Really smart. Revisiting the single stupidest act in KMC history -- you arguing with yourself consciously for pages across threads -- proves you're right? This ain't Bizarro-world, son. You're doin your darnedest to make a molehill into a mountain of poo. Everyone has a talent, I suppose.
Yup vague. It was a retelling of the Creation story from a Greek perspective (seeing as how Chaos War revolved around Herc).

The only reason I used it as "evidence" was because I thought the Elder Gods origin was retconned. I (and others) thought Set's origin was retconned in Secret Avengers (Serpent Crown and all). But this proved to be false. Whitewitchking was right all along. Abyss is not and Elder God and is not Set. So using that against the Biospheric origins of the Gods is out.

It also turned out Mikoboshi wasn't a mere Earth god but an aspect of Oblivion. So using him as an example against the biospheric origin of the Gods is out.

The only thing left is one page retelling the Creation Event from a Greek point of view going against 30+ years of continuity. Like I said vague.

Also the fact that you jumped in this thread and the first thing you did was troll/stalk me kinda proves my point no? Especially when I predicted it before you even posted.

You mean a complete suckershot with energy blast intent to kill him and 7 to 9 punches?
So you telling me, Thanos punching Galactus 7 times would achieve the same effect that his big ol' blast did?

ODG
Yup vague. It was a retelling of the Creation story from a Greek perspective (seeing as how Chaos War revolved around Herc).

The only reason I used it as "evidence" was because I thought the Elder Gods origin was retconned. I (and others) thought Set's origin was retconned in Secret Avengers (Serpent Crown and all). But this proved to be false. Whitewitchking was right all along. Abyss is not and Elder God and is not Set. So using that against the Biospheric origins of the Gods is out.

It also turned out Mikoboshi wasn't a mere Earth god but an aspect of Oblivion. So using him as an example against the biospheric origin of the Gods is out.

The only thing left is one page retelling the Creation Event from a Greek point of view going against 30+ years of continuity. Like I said vague. Are you really going to argue with yourself again over the same exact issue? Seriously? Like it wasn't completely humiliating the first two times? Chaos War happened, get over it. No more Demiurge. He went bye-bye. Not since early 80s even. Cry more that you ended up trying to peddle a retarded theory relying on Demiurge staying in-continuity when you fervently argued (rightly so) he was already retconned out previously. You don't have to convince anybody else any further that you deserve your moniker, flopflop. Originally posted by zopzop
Also the fact that you jumped in this thread and the first thing you did was troll/stalk me kinda proves my point no? Especially when I predicted it before you even posted. Someone picks out the only relevant fact in your original comment -- that even you weren't so careless enough to not mention -- and all of a sudden, we've got conspiracy theories, imaginary vendettas and revisits of KMC hall-of-fame moments of stupidity.

I like how this is all about everything else except having part of your own trollish comment ironically thrown back at you.

abhilegend

The only thing left is one page retelling the Creation Event from a Greek point of view going against 30+ years of continuity. Like I said vague.

Also the fact that you jumped in this thread and the first thing you did was troll/stalk me kinda proves my point no? Especially when I predicted it before you even posted.

So you telling me, Thanos punching Galactus 7 times would achieve the same effect that his big ol' blast did?
What's your point here?

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Are you really going to argue with yourself again over the same exact issue? Seriously? Like it wasn't completely humiliating the first two times? Chaos War happened, get over it. No more Demiurge. He went bye-bye. Not since early 80s even. Cry more that you ended up trying to peddle a retarded theory relying on Demiurge staying in-continuity when you fervently argued (rightly so) he was already retconned out previously. You don't have to convince anybody else any further that you deserve your moniker, flopflop.
Nope, it's vague as hell. Told from the Greek point of view :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_%28mythology%29

Sound familiar?

It's literally ONE PANEL :
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9242/15732271442310darknesss.th.jpg

Throwing away 30+ years of continuity for one panel told from the point of view of a single pantheon? As we've already seen, Abyss IS NOT Set, the Crowns in the Secret Avengers arcs have nothing to do with Set, Abyss is in no way related to the Elder Gods.

Chaos King wasn't a mere Earth god but an aspect of Oblivion, so using him as proof of anything regarding the origin of Earth's gods is wrong.

Not really. You just couldn't help yourself and proved my point without me having to type a word. That was literally the first thing you posted in this thread too.

What's your point here?
That the blast Thanos hit Galactus with was more powerful than the 7 punches he used to kill Surfer.

ODG

Sound familiar?

Throwing away 30+ years of continuity for one panel told from the point of view of a single pantheon? As we've already seen, Abyss IS NOT Set, the Crowns in the Secret Avengers arcs have nothing to do with Set, Abyss is in no way related to the Elder Gods.

Chaos King wasn't a mere Earth god but an aspect of Oblivion, so using him as proof of anything regarding the origin of Earth's gods is wrong. Nobody gives a sh1t about you re-arguing against yourself in another thread over the completely irrelevant Demiurge. Seriously. You astounded all by arguing against yourself consciously for pages. But the humor and novelty has worn itself out. You're just coming off as pathetically sad at this point.

Is this intentional? Are you trying to wrap yourself in the utter stupidity of you arguing against yourself and hoping it will somehow morph into a security blanket for you? Not how it works, flopflop. When you do something incredibly stupid, you don't remind others continually about it to save face. Originally posted by zopzop
Not really. You just couldn't help yourself and proved my point without me having to type a word. That was literally the first thing you posted in this thread too. I did, in fact, find myself driven to throw a part of your own trollish comment ironically back in your face. That you managed to pout, scream rape and uncontrollably sh1t yourself so much you ended up trying to revisit your flopflop'ing over Demiurge being retconned by Chaos War is just you e-combusting spectacularly.

I guess I had a hand in that though. My bads.

abhilegend

Sound familiar?

Chaos King wasn't a mere Earth god but an aspect of Oblivion, so using him as proof of anything regarding the origin of Earth's gods is wrong.

Not really. You just couldn't help yourself and proved my point without me having to type a word. That was literally the first thing you posted in this thread too.

That the blast Thanos hit Galactus with was more powerful than the 7 punches he used to kill Surfer.
That's a very funny logic you apply there. Also thanos didn't kill surfer in 7 punches, it was after a massive suckershot from thanos

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_21_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_22_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_23_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_24_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_25_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_26_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_27_Image_0001.jpg

So you're arbitary declaring thanos blasting galactus and doing absolutely nothing to him save launching him away>Thanos nearly killing surfer with an energy attack and a series of punches? Based upon what? Because its galactus?

quanchi112
Originally posted by ODG
Says the guy that made you argue with yourself for pages across two threads on the same topic you flopflop'ed on. You managed to exceed the splendid imbecility of a quanchiwaffle.

But let's face it, I can't really take a bow for that one. You deserve all credit in the world for that one. You have me on ignore yet to continue to take shots at me. That's probably because I ate your soul.

Thanos hurled a well nourished Galactus. Thor nearly mortally wounded a weakened distracted Galactus. Thanos' blast is more powerful.

Now if you want to finally face me do so like a man.

Damborgson
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3258/toystory3popcorn.gif

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Nobody gives a sh1t about you re-arguing against yourself in another thread over the completely irrelevant Demiurge. Seriously. You astounded all by arguing against yourself consciously for pages. But the humor and novelty has worn itself out. You're just coming off as pathetically sad at this point.

Is this intentional? Are you trying to wrap yourself in the utter stupidity of you arguing against yourself and hoping it will somehow morph into a security blanket for you? Not how it works, flopflop. When you do something incredibly stupid, you don't remind others continually about it to save face. I did, in fact, find myself driven to throw a part of your own trollish comment ironically back in your face. That you managed to pout, scream rape and uncontrollably sh1t yourself so much you ended up trying to revisit your flopflop'ing over Demiurge being retconned by Chaos War is just you e-combusting spectacularly.

I guess I had a hand in that though. My bads.
And we start with the cursing. Pretty predictable coming from you.

Anyway, the entire "retcon" is ONE PANEL told from the Greek point of view. Which doesn't even mean much since we SAW Demiurge and Gaea's son, Atum, show up later in a Thor comic (complete with his "Devourer of Outdated/Dead Gods" job).

Nothing else from Abyss to Chaos King can be used against the Demiurge origin because they have NOTHING to do with it.

Amazingly you KNEW that post was a reference to you (stalker) and you still couldn't help yourself could you? Proving me right all along. Shooting off your mouth and firing off multiple posts attacking posters is your thing anyway.
That's a very funny logic you apply there. Also thanos didn't kill surfer in 7 punches, it was after a massive suckershot from thanos

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_21_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_22_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_23_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_24_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_25_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_26_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowersUnlimited01-SilverSurfer_Page_27_Image_0001.jpg

So you're arbitary declaring thanos blasting galactus and doing absolutely nothing to him save launching him away>Thanos nearly killing surfer with an energy attack and a series of punches? Based upon what? Because its galactus?
Surfer wasn't even KOed from Thanos "massive blast" and actually engaged Thanos in a fight till Thanos killed him with mere punches. You think if Thanos started punching Galactus from the get-go like that would achieve the same effect as blasting him clear out of his ship, sending him flying for hundreds of feet, smoldering and his armor broken?

@ quanchi112
Don't bother with him. He's looking to get people into flamewars and have the mods jump in. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Silent Master

beer

abhilegend

Anyway, the entire "retcon" is ONE PANEL told from the Greek point of view. Which doesn't even mean much since we SAW Demiurge and Gaea's son, Atum, show up later in a Thor comic (complete with his "Devourer of Outdated/Dead Gods" job).

Nothing else from Abyss to Chaos King can be used against the Demiurge origin because they have NOTHING to do with it.

Amazingly you KNEW that post was a reference to you (stalker) and you still couldn't help yourself could you? Proving me right all along. Shooting off your mouth and firing off multiple posts attacking posters is your thing anyway.

Surfer wasn't even KOed from Thanos "massive blast" and actually engaged Thanos in a fight till Thanos killed him with mere punches. You think if Thanos started punching Galactus from the get-go like that would achieve the same effect as blasting him clear out of his ship, sending him flying for hundreds of feet, smoldering and his armor broken?

@ quanchi112
Don't bother with him. He's looking to get people into flamewars and have the mods jump in. Don't give him the satisfaction.
Rhetorics ftw. You're channeling snake-eyes pretty well. BTW the same galactus was nearly killed by two planets colliding with some nukes on them. Meaning two planets with nukes>anything galactus has survived without getting nearly killed. Nice ABC logic.

zopzop
Rhetorics ftw. You're channeling snake-eyes pretty well. BTW the same galactus was nearly killed by two planets colliding with some nukes on them. Meaning two planets with nukes>anything galactus has survived without getting nearly killed. Nice ABC logic.
Uhm didnt' that take place AFTER he depleted himself fighting with the Hunger?

quanchi112

@ quanchi112
Don't bother with him. He's looking to get people into flamewars and have the mods jump in. Don't give him the satisfaction. I get that but he's asked me to not respond to him but then he flames me behind my back. It's just so childish. He won't face me and that gives me great satisfaction. I destroyed his will.

JakeTheBank
no expression

quanchi112
Uhm didnt' that take place AFTER he depleted himself fighting with the Hunger? Exactly. Comics vary and it's just a plot device anyways. He'd be very upset if I used the same tactics with his precious Superman.

ODG

Nothing else from Abyss to Chaos King can be used against the Demiurge origin because they have NOTHING to do with it. Seriously? You're reduced to calling me out on profanity? Wow. Talk about grasping at straws.

You're sh1tting your e-pants uncontrollably at this point over Demiurge. Nobody cares about that retcon anymore. Especially not when you argued for the retcon, then tried arguing against it, then had your past pro-retcon arguments thrown back at you, and even then, tried to muster some semblance of dignity over how you flopflop'ed. It's one thing for me to troll you with your flopflop'ing... but at this point... it's like you're trolling yourself with your flopflop'ing. In case it isn't clear, I don't want to reanimate the single stupidest act in KMC history. Drop it. Originally posted by zopzop
Amazingly you KNEW that post was a reference to you (stalker) and you still couldn't help yourself could you? Proving me right all along. Shooting off your mouth and firing off multiple posts attacking posters is your thing anyway. Wait. You were actually baiting me? laughing out loud

http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gif

abhilegend
Uhm didnt' that take place AFTER he depleted himself fighting with the Hunger?
Yeah, he was but thanos said the probability of him dying in his regular state was 60% by that attack but since he was depleted he was nearly killed. Starlin's omniscient thanos wouldn't make wrong calculations, would he?

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
You have me on ignore yet to continue to take shots at me. That's probably because I ate your soul.

Thanos hurled a well nourished Galactus. Thor nearly mortally wounded a weakened distracted Galactus. Thanos' blast is more powerful.

Now if you want to finally face me do so like a man.

Hurling a being that weighs less than 20 tons is a shitty feat.
Galactus didn't even brace since it was a cheatshot. Thus it was just deadweight Thanos hurled. It would have been a better feat if Thanos hurled a tank away.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Seriously? You're reduced to calling me out on profanity? Wow. Talk about grasping at straws.

You're sh1tting your e-pants uncontrollably at this point over Demiurge. Nobody cares about that retcon anymore. Especially not when you argued for the retcon, then tried arguing against it, then had your past pro-retcon arguments thrown back at you, and even then, tried to muster some semblance of dignity over how you flopflop'ed. It's one thing for me to troll you with your flopflop'ing... but at this point... it's like you're trolling yourself with your flopflop'ing. In case it isn't clear, I don't want to reanimate the single stupidest act in KMC history. Drop it.
Drop what? I admitted I was wrong about Abyss being Set and the Elder Gods retcon. The only reason I assumed the Chaos War PANEL involving Gaea was a legitimate retcon was because I (and others) thought that Abyss was really Set and that Chaos King was "just" a stupid powerful Earth god. BOTH of those turned out to be wrong.

To add more fuel to the fire, we SAW Demogorge, complete with his role as Devourer of Gods, in an issue of Thor that took place AFTER the supposed ONE PANEL "retcon" in Chaos War. And since Demogorge is Gaea's son with the DEMIURGE..............

\
Nope, merely pointing out the inevitable trolling/stalking you'd conduct as soon as you saw my post (regarding Thanos sending Galactus flying). Yet you still couldn't help it could you? What would you be without the endless flame wars you start.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Galactus didn't even brace since it was a cheatshot. Thus it was just deadweight Thanos hurled. It would have been a better feat if Thanos hurled a tank away. Galactus stared right at him after he declared war on Thanos. Galactus' power and durability are the stuff of legend. Thanos doing so to a well nourished Galactus shows just how powerful he is.

zopzop
Galactus didn't even brace since it was a cheatshot. Thus it was just deadweight Thanos hurled. It would have been a better feat if Thanos hurled a tank away.
This is false. It was NOT a cheapshot. Galactus was staring right at Thanos and Galactus was the one about to attack him!

abhilegend
Also

ODG
Drop what? I admitted I was wrong about Abyss being Set and the Elder Gods retcon. The only reason I assumed the Chaos War PANEL involving Gaea was a legitimate retcon was because I (and others) thought that Abyss was really Set and that Chaos King was "just" a stupid powerful Earth god. BOTH of those turned out to be wrong.

To add more fuel to the fire, we SAW Demogorge, complete with his role as Devourer of Gods, in an issue of Thor that took place AFTER the supposed ONE PANEL "retcon" in Chaos War. And since Demogorge is Gaea's son with the DEMIURGE..............You already argued that Chaos War was all that was needed as you had those very arguments thrown at you in the past. Don't lie about what you "professed to believe in the past."

People brought up Demogorge's appearance in Incredible Hercules. You already argued that it was just a simple matter of Demogorge's full origin not being revealed yet. Are you seriously trying to revive your flopflop'ing over Demiurge's retcon? Every single one of these points you're making, you flopfop'ed over already. You're not saying ANYTHING new. You're just re-flopfop'ing over old points. Again. Nobody cares anymore about the sh1tty Demiurge. Drop it.

Had I known you would troll yourself with your flopflop'ing this much I never would have mentioned it. Originally posted by zopzop
Nope, merely pointing out the inevitable trolling/stalking you'd conduct as soon as you saw my post (regarding Thanos sending Galactus flying). Yet you still couldn't help it could you? What would you be without the endless flame wars you start. You actually just admitted to baiting me. I didn't even realize it. All I did find your trollish comment dumb enough to throw back in your face in an ironic way. Hard for a stalker-faker like you to believe, but I would have done it to anybody posting that comment. I basically already was with KuRuPT Thanosi.

Talk about delusions of self-importance. You act like you're the only poster I get into disagreements with. I do find it quite rich that you're trying to hold the moral high ground after admitting to baiting me with preemptive insults. Talk about reaping what you sow (even if I did fail to realize it at first). Originally posted by zopzop
This is false. It was NOT a cheapshot. Galactus was staring right at Thanos and Galactus was the one about to attack him! Odin was staring at Thor too when Thor cheapshotted him in Fear Itself #1. But much like Galactus with Thanos, Odin couldn't fathom that Thor would have the actual temerity to assault him. It was unexpected. Hence, cheapshot.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
You already argued that Chaos War was all that was needed as you had those very arguments thrown at you in the past. Don't lie about what you "professed to believe in the past."

People brought up Demogorge's appearance in Incredible Hercules. You already argued that it was just a simple matter of Demogorge's full origin not being revealed yet. Are you seriously trying to revive your flopflop'ing over Demiurge's retcon? Every single one of these points you're making, you flopfop'ed over already. You're not saying ANYTHING new. You're just re-flopfop'ing over old points. Again. Nobody cares anymore about the sh1tty Demiurge. Drop it.
I admitted I was wrong. All this was before it was confirmed that Abyss is NOT Set so that can't be used as proof of any retcon. And now we also know that Chaos King is an aspect of Oblivion himself, so there goes that.

The only thing left is that ONE panel and it was contradicted by the fact that we saw Gaea and Demiurge's son on panel after the "retcon" supposedly took place.

No, like my very first post stated, I knew you'd start your garbage like you usually do and I preempted it. That fact that you couldn't help yourself and proved me right is just icing on the cake. The fact that you keep this crap going on is further proof I was right that you start crap with posters to the point where Mods are called in. You didn't learn your lesson last time did you?

And you somehow found a way to drag Quan into this.

Thanos went there to reason with Galactus. Galactus was the one that was about to attack Thanos and declared so on panel. It wasn't a cheap shot at all.

ODG
I admitted I was wrong. Good. Now shut up about it. Really. Nobody cares about the irrelevant Demiurge you flopflop'ed into e-oblivion. Originally posted by zopzop
No, like my very first post stated, I knew you'd start your garbage like you usually do and I preempted it. So you're accusing me of following you around like a stalker and doing nothing but get into flame wars... when, here in this thread, you ended up following me into this topic, then insulted me without any sort of provocation at all.

Not for nothing... but your attitude is so ass backwards on this that your shitting out your mouth and swallowing with your anus. Originally posted by zopzop
Thanos went there to reason with Galactus. Galactus was the one that was about to attack Thanos and declared so on panel. It wasn't a cheap shot at all. Galactus told Thanos to phuck off lest he be destroyed. He didn't have the conception that Thanos would actually risk his life by staying, much less attacking him outright. Are you really trying to argue that there was no way Galactus wasn't expecting to be attacked?

But then again, you're desperately trying to make this out to be something it's not. So make Thor knocking Odin to the ground with a Mjolnir shot to be something it's not also. Guess since there was no way Odin wasn't expecting to be attacked, Thor knocking Odin flat on his butt was impressive.

Heck, more impressive than Thanos blasting and attacking Odin multiple times and never budging him. Go figure. Single Mjolnir swing > all of Thanos' attacks. Who knew?

h1a8
This is false. It was NOT a cheapshot. Galactus was staring right at Thanos and Galactus was the one about to attack him!

Then you don't know what a cheatshot is. Galactus had no phucking clue he was about to be attacked. He didn't get a chance to brace at all. If someone is talking to you about a girl then suddenly punched you hard in the face then you can't say that's not a cheatshot.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Good. Now shut up about it. Really. Nobody cares about the irrelevant Demiurge you flopflop'ed into e-oblivion.
Changing your opinion once new information is presented isn't flipflopping. The fact that Chaos King is/was an aspect of Oblivion and the fact that Abyss is NOT Set came out only recently.

All that's left is one panel of "evidence" presented from the Greek Creation story point of view that was vague as hell seeing as how Demiurge's SON WAS SHOWN ON PANEL AFTER the events of Chaos War took place.

Any other poster would have called for a Mod right now but I'll just continue letting you make a fool of yourself.

Go back and read my original post in this thread. No one is making more of this than it should be. I outright stated Galactus wasn't hurt by it as Thanos himself recognized this.

zopzop
Then you don't know what a cheatshot is. Galactus had no phucking clue he was about to be attacked. He didn't get a chance to brace at all. If someone is talking to you about a girl then suddenly punched you hard in the face then you can't say that's not a cheatshot.
Galactus was the one who INITIATED hostilities and was about to attack Thanos. WTH did he think was gonna happen?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Surtur85/Thanos1.jpg
"Titan, I should have eliminated you earlier. An error I shall now rectify"

Galactus was in no way cheapshotted.

ODG
Changing your opinion once new information is presented isn't flipflopping. The fact that Chaos King is/was an aspect of Oblivion and the fact that Abyss is NOT Set came out only recently. There was no new information when you flopflop'ed over it. Chaos War took place. You argued Demiurge was retconned. Nothing new happened that changed Gaea's retcon. Then you tried to argue Demiurge was still in-continuity. Oblivion and Abyss has nothing to do with Gaea's retcon in Chaos War. Stop trying to justify your flopflop'ing.

You already flat out admitted you were wrong. Christ, have some dignity.Originally posted by zopzop
Any other poster would have called for a Mod right now but I'll just continue letting you make a fool of yourself. So you followed me into this thread, started flaming me in a bait post without any sort of provocation... and I'm the stalker and degenerate flamer? Yeah, I'm sure a mod will bestow the moral high ground flag onto you.

All this has shown, is that you are directly and incontrovertibly guilty of the very things you tried to peg on me. You followed me here, you insulted me out of the blue. Granted, I didn't even realize it at first (had I done so, I would have been far more snippier in my original retort) but stop projecting your pitiful angst onto me. You're just being an ugly little child. Originally posted by zopzop
Go back and read my original post in this thread. No one is making more of this than it should be. I outright stated Galactus wasn't hurt by it as Thanos himself recognized this. We already went over your original bait post where you flamed me. Y'know, the original reason I picked on it was because you stated that "Thanos didn't sucker punch him." And that's exactly what we're talking about now. You're trying to make the sucker punch into something it's not (a "legit attack" in your parlance). Somehow, because Galactus could never have not expected that attack. So by your logic, admit that Thor smacking Odin to his butt is "a legit attack" because, somehow, Odin could never have not been expecting to be attacked.

Guess a single Mjolnir swing > all of Thanos' blasts/attacks.

h1a8
Galactus was the one who INITIATED hostilities and was about to attack Thanos. WTH did he think was gonna happen?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Surtur85/Thanos1.jpg
"Titan, I should have eliminated you earlier. An error I shall now rectify"

Galactus was in no way cheapshotted.

That has nothing to do with him expecting an attack from Thanos.
I was speaking of cheatshot in the sense of not defending, not trying to attack.

DarkSaint85
So Galactus initiates a fight, and is surprised when *gasp* his target (whom he'd just announced he was going to take care of) hits the first blow?

ODG
^ He didn't even attack Thanos. He told him to get the phuck out lest Thanos be killed. Both Galactus and Thanos knew it would be suicidal for Thanos to stay, much less attack. If you were Galactus, would you think Thanos would actually attack you?

Startling how this goes over peoples' heads. Imagine you at 3 years old and your mom is standing over you and glaring at you telling you she's going to spank you if you don't go to your room. You slap her face out of the blue catching her off-guard. You're going to argue that your mom should have expected something like that and blocked your slap? That because she initiated hostilities, you slapping her was a "legit attack" as if you'd both been in an actual fight???

DarkSaint85
Its not just anyone though. Its Thanos. Someone who has threatened the universe several times....

ODG
^ We both know Thanos is nothing next to Galactus. Moreover, Galactus knew it. Moreover, Thanos knew it. Galactus did not know why Thanos was so intent on staying there and he didn't want to hear it. He was stubbornly oblivious to any reason why Thanos would throw away his life by risking his ire. If it hadn't been for Hunger about to devour that universe, Thanos would never have stayed.

That's what was in Galactus' mind. Had Thanos the IG or CC or THOTU, yeah, maybe he would be expecting a serious fight on his hands with a Thanos who is a "threat to the universe." At that point in time, normal Thanos was anything but.

Granted, as a Thor fan I should love this idea that as long as you're looking at someone who you jawed at and threatened, you are obviously bracing for any incoming attack. But that's really a narrow-minded argument built for trying to make something out of nothing, i.e., a "legit attack" out of an unconventional suckerpunch.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
There was no new information when you flopflop'ed over it. Chaos War took place. You argued Demiurge was retconned. Nothing new happened that changed Gaea's retcon. Then you tried to argue Demiurge was still in-continuity. Oblivion and Abyss has nothing to do with Gaea's retcon in Chaos War. Stop trying to justify your flopflop'ing.

You already flat out admitted you were wrong.
Actually yes there was. The Appendix to the Marvel Universe never stated or connected Abyss to Set and they are extremely accurate with their info. They also never connected the Martian Crown to Set.

That's why I admitted WhiteWitchKing could be right. Then the recent Secret Avengers issues confirmed it.

So all we have is ONE panel that is later contradicted by Demogorge showing up and resuming his God Eater role exactly as it was 30+ years ago when Gaea mated with Demiurge to produce Atum to expunge the corrupt Elder Gods.

The fact that I didn't even reply to you proves you are a liar. I was "speaking" Kurupt and I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself and pull your usual shenanigans. The fact that you proved me right and you continue to do so speaks volumes.

And the fact remains, with the scan provided, that Thanos did not sucker punch Galactus.

Damborgson

ODG
Actually yes there was. The Appendix to the Marvel Universe never stated or connected Abyss to Set and they are extremely accurate with their info. They also never connected the Martian Crown to Set.

That's why I admitted WhiteWitchKing could be right. Then the recent Secret Avengers issues confirmed it.

So all we have is ONE panel that is later contradicted by Demogorge showing up and resuming his God Eater role exactly as it was 30+ years ago when Gaea mated with Demiurge to produce Atum to expunge the corrupt Elder Gods. What in the hell are you blabbering about? The hell does a handbook have anything to do with Chaos War? Will you shut up about it already? You already argued against Demogorge's missing origin when you flopflop'ed over it originally. You keep acting like this is something you haven't flopflop'ed over already. Stop being such a selective amnesiac. You're not rewriting history over that terrible episode of incompetent hypocrisy. You already admitted you were wrong. Drop it. Originally posted by zopzop
The fact that I didn't even reply to you proves you are a liar. I was "speaking" Kurupt and I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself and pull your usual shenanigans. The fact that you proved me right and you continue to do so speaks volumes. What the hell? You already admitted you were referring to me when you posted your original post about trolls and stalkers.

So how is it exactly, that you didn't follow me into this thread and insulted me out of the blue? You're just being a little pissant trying every which way to blame your behavior on me. I ain't no helpless victim, but I'm not about to countenance you trying to lay this irrational sh1tfest on me that 1) you tried to bait out of me unprovoked, 2) prolonged over several pages, and 3) are trying to blame on me as if I started it.

You stalked me here. You flamed me here. You baited me here. What's more: I didn't even notice it at first. So much for your stalker theory. This is just your sh1tty personality shining through. Unsightly it is, my fault it is not.Originally posted by zopzop
And the fact remains, with the scan provided, that Thanos did not sucker punch Galactus. With the scan provided, it's obviously clear that Galactus was threatening Thanos with death. That Thanos had the temerity to attack him clearly did not enter Galactus' mind (as he kept ignoring Thanos' warnings of universal danger).

But, of course, keep avoiding how your narrow-minded logic dictates that Thor never could have suckershotted Odin when he laid him flat on his ass in Fear Itself #1. Guess since Odin must have expected it unfailingly, he was bracing for attack and was simply overpowered by a single Mjolnir shot... that apparently surpasses the force of all of Thanos' blasts/attacks who failed to budge him in Blood and Thunder.

Smart. Really smart. I'm sure this is exactly the kind of result you wanted with your arguments. Now you know the reason why I threw your original comment back in your face. Not because you flamed me without provocation, but because of how stupid that "not a cheapshot, was a legit attack" comment was.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
What in the hell are you blabbering about? The hell does a handbook have anything to do with Chaos War? Will you shut up about it already? You already argued against Demogorge's missing origin when you flopflop'ed over it originally. You keep acting like this is something you haven't flopflop'ed over already. Stop being such a selective amnesiac. You're not rewriting history over that terrible episode of incompetent hypocrisy. You already admitted you were wrong. Drop it.
Drop what? The Marvel Appendix isn't a handbook entry. It's a website that catalogs info about obscure Marvel characters/events/stories and they reference their stuff meticulously.

The only "flipflop" was new information coming into play that caused me to doubt the retcon (the Marvel Appendix info) and then finally reject it (Thor Annual 1 and Secret Avengers 31-33).

The only "evidence" of a retcon is ONE PANEL's worth of dialogue from a member of the Greek pantheon (which AMAZINGLY matches up with the Greek version of the Creation Event. Something tells me this wouldn't be the case if it was Odin telling the story). This "evidence" is later contradicted by Demogorge showing up after Chaos War took place. Demogorge is Gaea's son with the Demiurge. This has NEVER been retconed anywhere.

I wasn't even REPLYING to you in my original post. I was replying to Kurupt but I knew you wouldn't be able help yourself and start your garbage. The fact that you proved me RIGHT is evading you. I'm done here though.

I bet my life, the next thread I post on, you'll start this up all over again. You've already proven me right once.

Thanos went there to reason with Galactus. This was shown on panel. Galactus was the one to initiate hostilities and then got his put on his ass by Thanos. Galactus wasn't cheap shotted, the scan makes it clear. Galactus was staring right at Thanos and was about to, according to Galactus, kill him.

h1a8
Thanos only pushed back 18 tons of dead mass miles back, nothing more. Impressive but not anything that can ko a high herald being.

Nihilist
Thanos only pushed back 18 tons of dead mass miles back, nothing more. Impressive but not anything that can ko a high herald being. Galactus is far more durable than any high herald so that blast would far more damage to a herald so your science crap fails hard

The Sorrow
1. Dies
2. Dies
3. KO'd
4. Dies
5-9. Badly stunned but still conscious
10. Hurt but quickly recovers.

basilisk
1. Spiderman - nothing. Spidey-sense kicks off and he dodges it.
2. Beast - dead
3. Wolverine - stunned then regenerates and stabs Thanos
4. Ronan - KO'd
5. Glads - blasted into orbit, hurt but basically OK.
6. Thor - these days? Probably KO'd.
7. Superman - roughly the same as Glads
8. Surfer - bounces away, stunned and hurt then manages to get back up
9. Prime - might get blasted back a little if he's not ready for it. Then says something like "Ha ha, Thanos-blasts tickle! Now I'm going to kill you --- I'm going to kill you dead!"
10. Seid - maybe gets blasted back.

All that blast really did was knock the big G back and bounce him along in low gravity. Galactus wrecked Thanos, and Thanos admitted he was "lilliputian" in comparison to him. A good feat and a moment of fun but I wouldn't really compare it to the god blast which back in the day was quite a serious feat.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
Galactus is far more durable than any high herald so that blast would far more damage to a herald so your science crap fails hard

No it wouldn't, not if the herald braced. It didn't even do any damage to Galactus, only his uniform. But I agree it would do damage to a high herald but no where near ko them.

Nihilist
No it wouldn't, not if the herald braced. It didn't even do any damage to Galactus, only his uniform. But I agree it would do damage to a high herald but no where near ko them. stop talking rubbish Galactus durability is far beyond any high herald you can name.

Lol of course they get kod, a far weaker Thanos killed Adam Warlock with a weaker single blast and AW had the soul gem and that very same weaker Thanos hurt Thor with a weaker blast.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by basilisk
1. Spiderman - nothing. Spidey-sense kicks off and he dodges it. As if he would need to dodge...

Estacado
The blast knocks all their hats off their head.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
stop talking rubbish Galactus durability is far beyond any high herald you can name.

Lol of course they get kod, a far weaker Thanos killed Adam Warlock with a weaker single blast and AW had the soul gem and that very same weaker Thanos hurt Thor with a weaker blast.

Galactus wasn't damaged though. His uniform was. His uniform has been damaged multiple times by heralds though.

I never said Thanos wouldn't hurt a herald with that blast. How do you know the blast against Thor was weaker?

You mean Thanos koed Warlock, not killed him. You should be warned for purposely lying. Characters have variable showings of durability from time to time. Feats against characters must be taken with a grain of salt and compared to other instances. Otherwise everytime someone survives a Glads punch meant they survived a planet destroying punch. Or Thanos wouldn't have failed to ko or kill other heralds.

Mindset
Originally posted by Estacado
The blast knocks all their hats off their head. thumb up

ODG
Drop what? The Marvel Appendix isn't a handbook entry. It's a website that catalogs info about obscure Marvel characters/events/stories and they reference their stuff meticulously.

The only "flipflop" was new information coming into play that caused me to doubt the retcon (the Marvel Appendix info) and then finally reject it (Thor Annual 1 and Secret Avengers 31-33).

The only "evidence" of a retcon is ONE PANEL's worth of dialogue from a member of the Greek pantheon (which AMAZINGLY matches up with the Greek version of the Creation Event. Something tells me this wouldn't be the case if it was Odin telling the story). This "evidence" is later contradicted by Demogorge showing up after Chaos War took place. Demogorge is Gaea's son with the Demiurge. This has NEVER been retconed anywhere. Marvel Appendix? The website? LOL. Originally posted by zopzop
I wasn't even REPLYING to you in my original post. I was replying to Kurupt but I knew you wouldn't be able help yourself and start your garbage. The fact that you proved me RIGHT is evading you. I'm done here though.

I bet my life, the next thread I post on, you'll start this up all over again. You've already proven me right once.

Thanos went there to reason with Galactus. This was shown on panel. Galactus was the one to initiate hostilities and then got his put on his ass by Thanos. Galactus wasn't cheap shotted, the scan makes it clear. Galactus was staring right at Thanos and was about to, according to Galactus, kill him. You already admitted to following me into this thread and insulting me. I hadn't even talked or referenced you in the slightest. Using KuRuPT Thanosi as a cover to take potshots at me doesn't somehow transform your stalking and trolling into an innocent act.

You bet your life? I suppose you've posted in other threads since this post before Thanksgiving. Feel free to kill yourself, ya grubby lil e-stalker, you.

Odin assaulted Thor in Fear Itself #1 first. So Odin who was staring at Thor, then got toppled by a single Mjolnir shot and by your retarded logic, just because Odin was looking at him we have to assume he was completely bracing and defending against Thor's hit? That Odin, All-Father of Asgard, could not help but be so arrogant as to not expect to be attacked by his own son? Smart. Guess Thor is so much more impressive than Thanos who couldn't budge Odin with multiple shots. Really smart.

In any case, aside from the actual substantive argument at hand, which really... is closed now as you haven't actually mustered a single response or rebuttal to your own double-standards and infantile logic, let's deal with your rampant insecurity in the open. Now, you may feel threatened whenever you post in a thread that I am already in (even going so far as defensively flaming me to preemptively??? dissuade me from engaging you, lolz), but that's just a product of your own sh1tty self. I literally did nothing in this thread to warrant that. I didn't even notice it, frankly, until you yourself pointed it out. Moreover, I don't really much care; not like I haven't been trolled and flamed. I simply chuckle at your attempts to justify and rationalize your trolling and flaming and paint yourself as the victim.

But you can do one of two things. 1) You can take your own advice and kill yourself since you haven't been followed in other threads that you haven't insulted me in. 2) Or you can take my advice: put me on ignore.

I have little patience with posters who cry wolf and try to wear white hats over etiquette when it's just their sh1tty arguments that are being deconstructed. It is easy to reveal your facade and your act, but frankly, too many of you act like little snubby brats over it all. This is the internet. Toughen up, cupcake. Or don't... and leave yourself and me in peace.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The fact remains you can't conclude Galactus wasn't expecting Thanos to attack him more than he was expecting thanos to do something. Heralds have fired blasts at Big G that didn't even move him or register. Shit abstracts or cosmic being have fired at Galactus and it didn't move him. Surely, one might conclude, just by the way Galactus was sent flying.. that the writer/artist was trying to convey the point that it was a powerful blast NOT that it was nothing and it only messed his gear up. ANY blast that sends you flying like that hurts and does damage. How significant or how lasting the damage is depends on the person. In this case.. it didn't hurt Galactus in any significant way, but it surely hurt him a little. I'm not sure how people are arguing this point.

ODG
The fact remains you can't conclude Galactus wasn't expecting Thanos to attack him more than he was expecting thanos to do something. Heralds have fired blasts at Big G that didn't even move him or register. Shit abstracts or cosmic being have fired at Galactus and it didn't move him. Surely, one might conclude, just by the way Galactus was sent flying.. that the writer/artist was trying to convey the point that it was a powerful blast NOT that it was nothing and it only messed his gear up. ANY blast that sends you flying like that hurts and does damage. How significant or how lasting the damage is depends on the person. In this case.. it didn't hurt Galactus in any significant way, but it surely hurt him a little. I'm not sure how people are arguing this point. You can dress up your opinion as fact, but it isn't. Especially when it's accompanied by a double standard. See below. But I can infer it based on how Galactus was sent flying off his feet (and he is unhurt) whereas other equally powerful/more powerful attacks haven't sent him flying (but he's been hurt). And that inference is rather obvious, as it isn't unprecedented in comics... or real life, frankly.

I don't care what equivocations are made over the amount of damage that Galactus took. I just find it hypocritical that so many of you criticize others for seeing it as an obvious suckershot as "eet iz not conclusive he was caught offguardz," in the same breath y'all so readily conclude Galactus must have been completely expecting and bracing for it.

But whatever. It makes you feel better, so be it. I am more than happy to leave you to your conclusion -- "WHICH ISN'T FACT, CUZ YOU CAN'T BE SUUURE?!!11" In which case, by your standard, Thor must hit harder than Thanos. So obvious, really.

Branlor Swift
In a non hungry state

Thanos
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Thanos/galactus14jn.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Thanos/galactus27ey.jpg

Thor:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Scrier%20and%20Other/ThorAnnual037.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Scrier%20and%20Other/ThorAnnual038.jpg

shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.