Pick A Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1. Have Telepathic Powers ( you can read peoples minds only)

2. Being able to have sex with any woman on the planet, at any giving time.
,Your immune to stds, and cannot pass it to people. You can bang all the models celebrities, milfs , babes you see in real life or on tv, internet any time you want/ as many times you want (you do not get desensitized to sex, if thats possible)

3. You become the smartest person on the planet in all sciences (Physics, Quantum Physics, Biology)

Omega Vision
None of these are really that appealing on a long term basis, except maybe the third one--though I can imagine that becoming very troublesome since society's expectations would be incredibly high.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
None of these are really that appealing on a long term basis, except maybe the third one--though I can imagine that becoming very troublesome since society's expectations would be incredibly high. so you would rather have none?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
so you would rather have none?
Most likely. Since I aspire to make great art, and none of these options would help that, I don't desire any of them.

Colossus-Big C
Most likely. Since I aspire to make great art, and none of these options would help that, I don't desire any of them. not even 2?

Are you a homosexual?

Omega Vision
not even 2?

Are you a homosexual?
facepalm

Colossus-Big C
facepalm How come you arent addicted to having sex with women then?

Omega Vision
How come you arent addicted to having sex with women then?
Is that a serious question?

Colossus-Big C
Its a very serious question.

Oliver North
your life must be really empty CBC...

dadudemon
not even 2?

Are you a homosexual?

laughing

,Your immune to stds, and cannot pass it to people. You can bang all the models celebrities, milfs , babes you see in real life or on tv, internet any time you want/ as many times you want (you do not get desensitized to sex, if thats possible)

3. You become the smartest person on the planet in all sciences (Physics, Quantum Physics, Biology)

I choose 3 because then I can create 1 and accomplish 2 by a combination of 1 and 3. YIPPEE!!!!

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Oliver North
your life must be really empty CBC... how so?

Omega Vision
your life must be really empty CBC...
So long as his car doesn't blow up or get stolen he's got a lot going for him: his car, his assault rifles in his car, his money in his car...

Colossus-Big C
I sold the assault rifles by the way

Casper Whitey

Oliver North
how so?

let me try an analogy:

when I first started selling weed, I was the only person in my circle of friends/customers/competitors who was dealing kush or other very high end varieties (this being before kush totally took over the scene and destroyed the high end market). One day, I'm with a group of friends talking about the quality and prices, and essentially being like "yes, it is totally worth it to spend the extra", and generally demonstrating some type of discriminating taste.

So, just as we are talking about the price of an ounce and such, this other guy decides to pull out an ounce of the most normal, shwag weed. Basic fish weed. Looks at us all seriously and is like "I got this for $150" (or something like that, I don't exactly remember the price).

Basically, that is you.

Tzeentch._
#2 is the best choice. #1 and #3 are basically curses.

#1 sucks for obvious reasons. Most people's thoughts are pretty shitty.

#3 sucks because it doesn't really mean a whole lot. As the scenario is outlined, you're only the smartest man on the world in the context that you're a master of every scientific field. That's cool, but having lots of knowledge about science won't help you an awful lot if you lack the wisdom to apply it in real life, and the charisma and social skills to make people listen to you. On a global scale, you'd be the guy with the master's degree woring at Wal-Mart.

imo

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
#2 is the best choice. #1 and #3 are basically curses.

#1 sucks for obvious reasons. Most people's thoughts are pretty shitty.

#3 sucks because it doesn't really mean a whole lot. As the scenario is outlined, you're only the smartest man on the world in the context that you're a master of every scientific field. That's cool, but having lots of knowledge about science won't help you an awful lot if you lack the wisdom to apply it in real life, and the charisma and social skills to make people listen to you. On a global scale, you'd be the guy with the master's degree woring at Wal-Mart.

imo
#2 is an immature male power fantasy. I wouldn't choose any of them, but #2 has the least appeal for me.

Tzeentch._
Immature =\= least beneficial though.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Immature =\= least beneficial though. I would say so. The negatives you've given for the other two options are pessimistic, while even being optimistic about the long term benefits of option #2 doesn't amount to much.

#2 wouldn't make anyone grow as a person and it certainly wouldn't change the world.

Tzeentch._
I agree that #3 has the most potential for benefiting the world. Realistically though, what's more likely to happen is that you'll just be the super smart guy working at Wal-Mart.

Lord Lucien
I'll take #1.

The only being in the world capable of mind reading. I can use that to probe the minds of all the lovely ladies, learn what turns them on, what they like. Then I can probe them for real.

And I can use my telepathy to weasel/bullshit my way through everything else. I'd want to retain the fun of learning about things the old fashioned ways (STEM stuff), and mind-read my way to success and glory.

Tzeentch._
#1 would be cool if you could turn it off. Otherwise I would never take it.

Colossus-Big C
I would say so. The negatives you've given for the other two options are pessimistic, while even being optimistic about the long term benefits of option #2 doesn't amount to much.

#2 wouldn't make anyone grow as a person and it certainly wouldn't change the world. Id bet if there was a poll and you had to be honest, A large majority of american guys would choose #2.

Colossus-Big C
let me try an analogy:

when I first started selling weed, I was the only person in my circle of friends/customers/competitors who was dealing kush or other very high end varieties (this being before kush totally took over the scene and destroyed the high end market). One day, I'm with a group of friends talking about the quality and prices, and essentially being like "yes, it is totally worth it to spend the extra", and generally demonstrating some type of discriminating taste.

So, just as we are talking about the price of an ounce and such, this other guy decides to pull out an ounce of the most normal, shwag weed. Basic fish weed. Looks at us all seriously and is like "I got this for $150" (or something like that, I don't exactly remember the price).

Basically, that is you. laughing out loud , thats not me

Omega Vision
Id bet if there was a poll and you had to be honest, A large majority of american guys would choose #2.
That's of no concern to me.

Oliver North

so, like the only answer that isn't straight out immoral is 3

1 is a clear invasion of privacy

2, well, 2 can be best summed up by this guy:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/109624-141926-purple-man_super.JPG

or: it is rape

3 isn't perfect by any means, but unless you are ok with entirely forgoing the rights of anyone you use your powers on, it seems like the only real choice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.