The "Herald...MY RAGE!!" Challenge...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
An angry Galactus unleashes his "Herald...MY RAGE" blast on the following individuals at point blank range; no shielding allowed (Classic Juggs is the only exception here)...what is the result to the following characters?

1) Classic Thanos...
2) Primary Adamantium Ultron...
3) Classic Juggernaut...
4) The Asgardian Destroyer (normal size/power level)...
5) Surtur...
6) Demogorge...
7) The 2000ft Asgardian Destroyer...
8) Arishem the Judge...

StiltmanFTW
Only Iron Fist survives.

Nihilist
They all survive

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Nihilist
They all survive

Utrigita
They all survive

The wire etc. within Ultron might be toast, but his physical shell should withstand it.

TheLordofMurder
@Nihilist

They all survive!??

That blast destroyed 3 solar systems (including a Watcher) and wasnt stopping...

The Destroyer was beheaded by a single charged hammer throw from Odinforce Thor; surely this attack was superior to that...

TheLordofMurder
I think you guys are underestimating Galactus's attack...

Primary Adamantium Ultron was damaged by the Hulk during the original Secret War (the Hulk didnt punch through his shell, but made his head tilt to one side)...

No way in hell is Galactus's attack inferior to that...

dmills
Maybe the celestial survives, but that's about it. That blast ultimately ended up encompassing an entire galaxy iirc.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Utrigita
The wire etc. within Ultron might be toast, but his physical shell should withstand it.

Why do you believe this?

You really think Primary Adamantium can withstand solar system busting attacks?

pym-ftw
^yes, not to mentioned Ultron can heal his shell

Zack Fair
Originally posted by dmills
Maybe the celestial survives, but that's about it. That blast ultimately ended up encompassing an entire galaxy iirc. Thats what I was thinking.

TheGodKiller
Most of them die.

Colossus-Big C
They all survive

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Based on?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Most of them die.

Who do you think lives?

Who do you think dies?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by pym-ftw
^yes, not to mentioned Ultron can heal his shell

It didnt in the original Secret War...

carver9
None of them have the fts to suggest they could withstand that blast. If I had to choose one, it would be Ultron.

Tar-Antado
Only Arishem makes it.

janus77
All bar Arishem die.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@Nihilist

They all survive!??

That blast destroyed 3 solar systems (including a Watcher) and wasnt stopping...

The Destroyer was beheaded by a single charged hammer throw from Odinforce Thor; surely this attack was superior to that... Annihilus survived the blast at ground zero and he is weaker than all of that list barring maybe Ultron

TheLordofMurder
Annihilus survived the blast at ground zero and he is weaker than all of that list barring maybe Ultron

Didnt Annihilus only survive because of the Quantum Bands?

And of course, even then, I'll argue Annhilus surviving was PIS (just like Thor surviving multiple Celestial attacks; both were wearing Writer Armor at the time) as that blast killed a Watcher and destroyed multiple solar systems...

Even with the Quantum Bands, no way does Annihilus durability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a Watcher and multiple solar systems combined.

Nihilist
Didnt Annihilus only survive because of the Quantum Bands?

And of course, even then, I'll argue Annhilus surviving was PIS (just like Thor surviving multiple Celestial attacks; both were wearing Writer Armor at the time) as that blast killed a Watcher and destroyed multiple solar systems...

Even with the Quantum Bands, no way does Annihilus durability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a Watcher and multiple solar systems combined. the Qbands did protect him but they don't put him above any of people on the list and the blast only weakened him.

Call it what you want IT happened deal with it

AlmightyKfish
I'd argue that without having the chance to apply shielding, a few here would die.

I mean, the only two beings who survived the blast were those who put a huge amount of energy into their shields- Annihilus used up most of his own power and still required the Q-bands to pull through, and Nova was shielding himself, Peter and Phyla with the Nova Force...

So I mean, once the Q-bands got taken away from him by Phyla, Nova broke through Annihilus' defences and tore him open, despite the fact Nova was weakened from both the blast and the beating he had just taken from Q-band wielding Annihilus.

I'd say it's not too hard to believe that Annihilus using the CCR and the Q-bands is more durable than some of the people here completely unshielded...

Nihilist
Nova never took the blast though.....

zopzop
They all survive

AlmightyKfish
Nova never took the blast though.....

Huh, I thought he did, but I might be remembering incorrectly. Didn't Peter say there wasn't enough time to phase jump then the light from the blast wave is basically in their faces?

celeyhyga17
He took the bast wih shields on.

Nihilist
Yeah but it was made clear they wouldn't survive the blast and they were further away than Annihilus too. It was meant to give the impression they perished in the blast but the writers confirmed the ported out in time

pym-ftw
It didnt in the original Secret War...
Superman didn't fly in his first appearance, what's your point?

celeyhyga17
Yeah but it was made clear they wouldn't survive the blast and they were further away than Annihilus too. It was meant to give the impression they perished in the blast but the writers confirmed the ported out in time

Wait. If they ported out of the blast, why would he have shields on the next panel he shows up with Peter and Phyla? Nova himself said it would take about 5 min to charge up as the blast was about to devour them. Annihilus even went on to give Nova props for "surviving the devourer's rage"...

Nihilist
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wait. If they ported out of the blast, why would he have shields on the next panel he shows up with Peter and Phyla? Nova himself said it would take about 5 min to charge up as the blast was about to devour them. Annihilus even went on to give Nova props for "surviving the devourer's rage"... go ask the writers to clear it up. Annihilus only presumed Nova should of perished due to the proximity of the blast he didn't actually know if he tanked the planet.

IMO its pretty clear he didn't as the effect it had on Annihilus compared to Nova was far worse and Annihilus was shown to be clearly more powerful than Nova before he even got the Qbands

celeyhyga17
go ask the writers to clear it up. Annihilus only presumed Nova should of perished due to the proximity of the blast he didn't actually know if he tanked the planet.maybe. I'm on the side Nova's shields tanked it. It's plausible he could tank it since he has another high showing of upper level shielding.

IMO its pretty clear he didn't as the effect it had on Annihilus compared to Nova was far worse and Annihilus was shown to be clearly more powerful than Nova before he even got the Qbands
Richie has also shown the ability to draw upon even more from the vast well that is the Nova force. He has the ability to go beyond his normal levels simply because the nature of his power source. A completely unleashed Nova force is easily trans level as it's history has clearly shown.

TheGodKiller
Who do you think lives?

Who do you think dies?
Thanos, Ultron and Arishem live. The rest die.

Edit: I am not sure about Ultron either.

Newjak
I think most people would survive on the list. The only person I think may not be able to survive is Ultron.

bluewaterrider

blast destroyed 3 solar systems (including a Watcher) and wasnt stopping...

confused

That's some serious rage, alright.

What was Galactus so mad about?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
confused

That's some serious rage, alright.

What was Galactus so mad about?
Actually it was more of a temper tantrum.

Bouboumaster
Only the Celestials survive that shit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.