Grammaton Clerics versus the Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Casper Whitey
John Preston is given a kill list. He is to lead the Grammaton Clerics and the police force of his film against the Matrix. All must die. The Clerics start at the bottom of the food chain, hunting down and engaging the lesser combatants, working their way up to Neo, Smith, Morpheus, etc;

The hunt takes place in the "Nether" region outside the city (from the film Equilibrium.) The Matrix combatants can do everything they can do in the Matrix, and all the Clerics are thoroughly trained in Gun Kata. The Matrix combatants are armed with pistols, assault rifles, swords, etc. Same for the Clerics. the police force are armed with their weapons shown in Equilibrium.

Now, Neo and Smith, they cannot fly here. And Smith cannot replicate himself. For sake of the thread, let's say that the hunt takes place before Neo is "The One."

Who survives?

Lestov16
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
The Matrix combatants can do everything they can do in the Matrix

Ah, it was a good thread in theory, but with this, the Matrix character stomp here. Mook Agents, whom Neo and Smith can mow through, can do this:

34rGYXQMBp0

One Matrix Agent alone would probably curbstomp all of the clerics. Against Neo and Smith? They are phucked.

Even if we are just including their versions from the end of the first film:
qaLvcM-u4ns

They dodge bullets fired from centimeters away. Preston can dodge bullets too, but he can't tag Neo and Smith, who in turn, can tag him very well

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by Lestov16
Ah, it was a good thread in theory, but with this, the Matrix character stomp here. Mook Agents, whom Neo and Smith can mow through, can do this:

34rGYXQMBp0

One Matrix Agent alone would probably curbstomp all of the clerics. Against Neo and Smith? They are phucked.

Even if we are just including their versions from the end of the first film:
qaLvcM-u4ns

They dodge bullets fired from centimeters away. Preston can dodge bullets too, but he can't tag Neo and Smith, who in turn, can tag him very well

Dammit, I forgot to say that in this hunt, bullets will kill Smith and the other Agents. They are as vulnerable to bullet damage as a human is. My bad. embarrasment

Also, the Clerics and Police force number probably in the hundreds. And don't forget, Smith was tagged by Neo's minigun yes

Also, this is not a gang battle, the Clerics are hunting the Matrix shooters one at a time, remember? They have a Kill list, remember? Unless the Matrix shooters choose to band together and fight united (unlikely), the Clerics will be facing them one at a time, or in small groups.

This is not a curbstomp by any means. But yeah, what you said is correct without the above revisions.

Ascendancy
Well, they should be able to take all of them if they go one by one, at least on the human side. I don't see how they could take down the agents, though, as the agents can take any of the clerics and their force over that they want.

Neo, of course, is also going to be able to stomp the clerics and their support staff.

FrothByte
This depends on how many clerics we're talking about. If bullets here can kills Neo and Smith, then no matter how fast they move they can eventually be tagged if there are enough clerics.

Question though, do the clerics regenerate if they're killed by previous combatants?

Because if not, by the time the clerics reach Morpheus, they will already be severely diminished. Neo and Smith will clean house, not to mention Seraph.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by FrothByte
This depends on how many clerics we're talking about. If bullets here can kills Neo and Smith, then no matter how fast they move they can eventually be tagged if there are enough clerics.

There were many clerics, dozens, shown in the movie. And there were easily hundreds of cops.

No.

A possibility.

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Well, they should be able to take all of them if they go one by one, at least on the human side. I don't see how they could take down the agents, though, as the agents can take any of the clerics and their force over that they want.

Neo, of course, is also going to be able to stomp the clerics and their support staff. If Neo has hundreds of fully automatic assault rifles firing at him, he'll have his work cut out for him.

omgchos
Bullets wont matter against neo here. And hes been shown to take on many agents at once. So i dont see them haveing much of a chance here.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by omgchos
Bullets wont matter against neo here. And hes been shown to take on many agents at once. So i dont see them haveing much of a chance here. Neo and Smith will give them fits, yes, but the rest will be killed.

omgchos
Idk what with strength feats and morpheus managing a pretty good battle aainst stunt agent number 2 on the big rig, i dont think its so cut and dry.

Dolos
Oh, you changed the scenario, my bad.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by omgchos
Idk what with strength feats and morpheus managing a pretty good battle aainst stunt agent number 2 on the big rig, i dont think its so cut and dry. mhm. I think the Clerics have a good chance here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.