Mystic Gohan Vs. SSJ 3 Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kajuboi707
So im sure that this topic has been covered, probably under numerous occasions, but i would like to ask nevertheless.... Who do you guys believe is stronger? ssj3 Goku or mystic gohan? Many people say mystic gohan because of the fact that ssj3 goku tires so quickly. What do you guys think?

Q99
I personally go on the Mystic Gohan side, yea. Power about equal but not as tiring.

Villelater
Mystic Gohan beat Super buu gotenks...need i say more?

Astner
Gohan is stronger. It's pretty much confirmed in the manga.

Originally posted by Villelater
Mystic Gohan beat Super buu gotenks...need i say more?
No he didn't.

Bentley
Gohan is stronger

BloodRain
Manga confirms it. I believe Akira even stated that Gohan was the strongest non-fused character? Only Vegito, Buuhan and Buutenks are stronger.

Also, some guide says that SS1 Gotenks = SS3 Goku.

KAIKAGE
Originally posted by Villelater
Mystic Gohan beat Super buu gotenks...need i say more? What are you talking about, mystic gohan beat super buu but not super buu with gotenks and piccolo absorbed that's where super buu turned it around and started picking mystic gohan apart.

KAIKAGE
Originally posted by BloodRain
Manga confirms it. I believe Akira even stated that Gohan was the strongest non-fused character? Only Vegito, Buuhan and Buutenks are stronger.

Also, some guide says that SS1 Gotenks = SS3 Goku. I am not sure about super saiyan gotenks equalling super saiyan 3 goku because we all know super saiyan 3 goku would put up a far better fight against super buu than super saiyan gotenks, I mean look at the fight super saiyan 3 goku put up against the super buu that absorbed super saiyan 3 gotenks and piccolo and kid buu.

KAIKAGE
In my opinion Mystic Gohan may be 4 to 10 times stronger than super saiyan 3 goku but goku's skill and experience is alot greater than gohan's, plus goku has on numerous occasions beaten enemies stronger than himself. Mystic Gohan's power difference might still make up for it but I think if Goku gave it the same effort he puts in against his enemies then the ball could be just as much in his court as Gohan's.

BloodRain
I dont think(?) Goku fought SuperBuu in the manga, and fighting KidBuu doesn't mean much.

Jurmey
Originally posted by KAIKAGE
In my opinion Mystic Gohan may be 4 to 10 times stronger than super saiyan 3 goku but goku's skill and experience is alot greater than gohan's, plus goku has on numerous occasions beaten enemies stronger than himself. Mystic Gohan's power difference might still make up for it but I think if Goku gave it the same effort he puts in against his enemies then the ball could be just as much in his court as Gohan's.

Well said, I was going to say something like this as well. when a topic like this comes up, where it would be impossible to actually declare a winner, short of Akira Toriyama reopening the dragonball series and incorporating this fantasy fight. To find the victor though means of involving the fans to cast their votes wouldn't be fair and neither would simply stating "Gohan is stronger", no matter the validity of the claim, would do this series justice, as it is not who is stronger, it is who would win in a fight. Gohan has been my favorite DBZ character since his fight against Nappa, but in all fairness, Goku would be the obvious winner. Gohan might be the strongest person in the entire DBZ universe, but he lacks that drive Goku and Vegeta have, or rather he does have that same passion, just not towards combat. I am sure there are people that may disagree with my thoughts on the matter, but it is important to remember that , although it may look like these warriors are just kicking, punching and blowing stuff up with energy blasts, they are all martial artists, without the discipline and skills to utilize their superior strength, it would be like Future Trunks VS Cell, when his power lever was far greater than Cell's, but was unable to work with it well.

clickm3
Gohan is Stronger

Galan007
This is a relatively easy question to answer, because Super Buu can be used as the 'control' to which Goku/Gohan/Gotenks can all be gauged...

Mystic Gohan trounced Super Buu like he was a weak feeb. Buu was literally nothing in comparison:

Furthermore, after Buu absorbed Gohan he flat-out stated that his power was "a lot" greater than it was after he absorbed Gotenks:

---
SSJ3 Gotenks was able to put up one hell of a fight against Super Buu, and Piccolo even confirmed that his power was "close to" that of Buu's(8th scan.) However, Gohan was CLEARLY above Buu, whereas Gotenks was roughly equal(ie. Mystic Gohan>Super Buu=/>SSJ3 Gotenks):

---
Goku, on the other hand, flat-out stated that he wasn't nearly strong enough to contend with Super Buu(ie. Mystic Gohan>Super Buu=/>SSJ3 Gotenks>SSJ3 Goku):

So to sum it up: Mystic Gohan>SSJ3 Gotenks>SSJ3 Goku.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Galan007

This we have to agree.

Mystic Gohan is contended to be the strongest non-fused character in Dragonball (excluding the crap that is GT).

Strongest fused character is SSJ1 Vegetto, hands down.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Galan007

This we have to agree with.

Mystic Gohan is contended to be the strongest non-fused character in Dragonball (excluding the crap that is GT).
For fused characters, it is arguably SSJ1 Vegetto, hands down.

Galan007
I don't see how that can even be argued, tbh. As far as non-fused characters go, SSJ3 Goku and Mystic Gohan were far and away the most powerful beings in Z. However, Goku flat-out stated that he wouldn't stand a chance against the same character that Gohan effortlessly trounced (Super Buu.) ie. Mystic Gohan>>Super Buu>>SSJ3 Goku.

As far as fusions go, Super Buu(/w/Gotenks/Piccolo) stomped Mystic Gohan with a fair amount of ease. After absorbing Gohan, Buu stated that he had powered up "a lot". ie. Buu(/w/ Gohan)>>Buu(/w/ Gotenks)>>Mystic Gohan>>Super Buu>>SSJ3 Goku. Despite Buu possessing THAT level of power, SSJ Vegito still dominated him like he was less than nothing. That's why Vegito is the most powerful being ever seen in DBZ proper... By a HUGE margin.

CosmicComet
I wonder how strong Goku will be compared to Mystic Gohan in the new movie?

Always left a bitter taste in my mouth that Goku's poncy son ended up being the most powerful. What a Sue ass character.

Too bad its going to have the shitty japanese voice actors. that's right, shitty. japanese. voice actors.

Ridley_Prime
With how Mystic Gohan got the short end of the stick in Wrath of the Dragon, I'm gonna guess they'll make SS3 Goku look better again. If we're going by just the movies that is.

stargun
The new movie is going to be canon though unlike the others.

Ridley_Prime
That I did not know. Guess it could go either way then far as Goku coming off as stronger than Gohan, but hopefully they'll still give the Mystic form a big moment of triumph like against Super Buu.

Kento
Wasn't the last movie made also by Akira and suppose to have said to be canon?

Ridley_Prime
What was the last movie again?

Kento
Well the special. With Vegeta having a brother named Table coming to earth and bringing Freeza level villains.

Bentley
Actually the last one was Bardak's? But I guess Tarble's could be canon and nobody would care

Galan007
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That I did not know. Guess it could go either way then far as Goku coming off as stronger than Gohan, but hopefully they'll still give the Mystic form a big moment of triumph like against Super Buu. Apparently it was revealed in the December issue of V-Jump that the power of Bills(the Mewtwo-looking creature Goku is set to fight in the movie) vastly surpasses that of Majin Buu. It was also stated that Bills can "stop a charge from Super Saiyan 3 Goku with only one finger." Hence this image:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/14541546_FingerpokeOfDoomBoG.png

From what I gather Bills will easily trounce Goku, then travel to earth in search of a more worthy opponent. Considering MSSJ Gohan was vastly more powerful than SSJ3 Goku as of the Buu saga, he'd be the only other being I could think of who'd pose a "more worthy" challenge to Bills than Goku did. However, it has also been revealed that Bills will steamroll through all of the Z fighters, before confronting Goku for a second time in space--- which means Gohan will be beaten by him. Regardless, the movie is supposed to take place several years after the Buu affair, so at the very least I hope they don't neuter Gohan's power in this film like they did in between the Cell and Buu sagas. That shit would be ridic.

NemeBro
That is the most terrible thing I've ever heard of. How vulgar.

carver9
@Galan...

Where did you hear this from? Also, seem like Bills can travel FTL going by your statement. It also appears as if Goku can breath in space or at least hold his breath. Did you YouTube this?

Villelater
Canon? this? i once heard someone trying to prove DBZ filler was canon just because they saw a video of the creator talking about things he may or not of fully understood...what is the purpose of this “new” movie...to train goku into being SSJ 4? or is it about Gohan? or maybe its about Uub...SSJ 5? okay...now im starting to sound weird...anyway a Pink Rabbit is what i am seeing...what is pink there favorite color now?...ah anyway just show me a link or two...

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
@Galan...

Where did you hear this from? Also, seem like Bills can travel FTL going by your statement. It also appears as if Goku can breath in space or at least hold his breath. Did you YouTube this? I found all of this info on the Dragonball Wiki... Which is usually very reliable.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Battle_of_Gods
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Bills

Based
Goku can't even beat a SSJ Gotenks who is obviously weaker than SSJ3 Gotenks who is weaker than Gohan. Total rape.

BloodRain
So that makes the strongest villains in the universe..

An effeminate alien.

An arrogant dna mashup.

A pink childlike blob.

An Egyptian pink kitty cat.

Truly a fearsome verse mhmm

Q99
Say what you will about GT, but at least it's villains are 'an evil humanoid dragon,' 'a super android,' and 'an alien possessing Vegeta'.

Though I will say the DBZ arrogant DNA mashup was pretty awesome.

---

Hm, I notice how on the movie poster Gohan is SSJ, not Mystic.

BloodRain
Actually the idea of the black star dragons is one of my favorite villain ideas in DB.... not excecuted akk that well but still, there was good potential for it to be great even by GT standards.

Q99
Originally posted by BloodRain
Actually the idea of the black star dragons is one of my favorite villain ideas in DB.... not excecuted akk that well but still, there was good potential for it to be great even by GT standards.

I'll mention my introduction to GT was largely fansubbed tapes (yes, tape-tapes) of some of the climactic fights, most of which were pretty nice, hence my opinion of GT being higher than most, I didn't watch most of the filler-y stuff and silly minor villains in between.

Ridley_Prime
I unfortunately did which further lowered my thoughts of GT.

And since you mentioned tapes, I still have a collection of most of the DBZ sagas (uncut versions) on VHS somewhere along with half or so of GT, before DVDs became more popular and distributed. haermm GT episodes was the only thing I had buyer's remorse on at the time, but yeah.

Zack Fair
Meh.

I will murder Akira. if Goku wins via spirit bomb.

juggerman
Goku will win by "Super Punch Thru The Gut" mark my words....

Kento
He's not fighting Broli.

juggerman
Or 13
Or King Piccolo

Galan007
Goku also used the Dragon Fist to bust a hole through Hirudegarn's midsection. Oh, and Gohan killed Bojack with a fist through the gut as well... Apparently that 'technique' runs in the family.

And if GT counts, Super 17 also received a 'gut buster' from Goku.

Zack Fair
I want Goku ripping someone's head off woot

Kento
Why'd ChiChi have to train Goten. He'll never learn the secret fist thru stomach technique.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I want Goku ripping someone's head off woot Edward-style, baby.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.