League of Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
You are tasked with building a team to defend the earth from an unknown threat. You can pick 7 characters from the Avengers and DCnU JLA. You must have at least one character from each team. Here are your choices:

Superman
Zatanna
Hal Jordan
Wonder Woman
Flash
Cyborg
Batman
Green Arrow
Aquaman

Thor
Current Hulk
Current Red Hulk
Captain America
Iron man
Hawkeye
Wolverine
Sersi

JakeTheBank
Captain America
Sersi
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Superman
Hal Jordan

JakeTheBank
Or conversely:

Hawkeye.

Golgo13
Superman
Thor
Orion
Fate
Hawkeye
Batman
Hal
Flash
Sentry

Blair Wind
Originally posted by keiththegreat
You are tasked with building a team to defend the earth from an unknown threat. You can pick 7 characters from the Avengers and DCnU JLA. You must have at least one character from each team. Here are your choices:

Superman
Zatanna
Hal Jordan
Wonder Woman
Flash
Cyborg
Batman
Green Arrow
Aquaman

Thor
Current Hulk
Current Red Hulk
Captain America
Iron man
Hawkeye
Wolverine
Sersi

Out of the ones you listed here are my picks and reasons:

Iron Man - Technology + Intelligence
Hal Jordan - Energy Manipulation + Versatility + Power Output
Thor - Tank + Magic + Power Output
Superman - Tank + Speed + Power Output
Zatanna - Magic
Sersi - Versatility
Flash - Speed

tkitna
Captain America
Superman
Thor
Hal
Sersi
Zatanna
Iron Man

DarkSaint85
Cyborg
Superman
Sersi
Captain America
Flash
Thor
Zatanna

I'm going to BFR everything....

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards
Silver Surfer
Black Bolt
GL Kyle
Dr Strange
Capitain Marvel (DC)
Dr Fate

Happy Dance

aztec
I'd pick the following members, because they've proven time and time again to be the best at what they do.

1. Superman = Strength (Second to know one, not even Thor)
2. Zatanna = Mystic (Can link the minds of the members ala Martian)
3. Flash = Speed (Can lend speed to all the members)
4. Iron man = Tech Expert/Intelligence
5. Sersi = Versatility
6. Hal Jordan = Enery Manipulation
7. Wonder Woman = Extra muscle, Thor's superior.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by aztec
Wonder Woman = Extra muscle, Thor's superior.

At absolute best case scenario for her, she's his equal.

aztec
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

That's your opinion. Thor is on par with the Martian Manhunter wink

JakeTheBank
Thor's superior to him, too, per feats, not my opinion. smile

aztec
Thor's superior to him, too, per feats, not my opinion. smile

Haven't read anything where Thor has impressed me. One of his best feats of the top of my head is carrying Asgard along with BRB (Invasion). Both the Martian and Diana have better lifting feats. They helped pulled the Earth from the sun's gravitational pull. wink

JakeTheBank
Haven't read anything where Thor has impressed me. One of his best feats of the top of my head is carrying Asgard along with BRB (Invasion). Both the Martian and Diana have better lifting feats. They helped pulled the Earth from the sun's gravitational pull. wink

If you think that Thor carrying Asgard with Bill's help ranks in even the top 20 best Thor feats of all time, then yes, you really haven't read a lot of Thor.

DarkSaint85
Also, not to nitpick, but MM/Superman/WW failed to pull the Earth, if you're talking about the Obsidian Age.

aztec
If you think that Thor carrying Asgard with Bill's help ranks in even the top 20 best Thor feats of all time, then yes, you really haven't read a lot of Thor.

I'm not an avid Thor fan, the only Marvel characters I really care about are the X-men, Carol Denvers and Silver Surfer. Can you recommend good stories where Thor has impressive feats. I'm going to need them so I can prove why Diana, Supes, Billy and Black Adam are his superior. stick out tongue

As far as Thor, I have some issues here and there, but haven't been impressive by him.

JakeTheBank
I'm not an avid Thor fan, the only Marvel characters I really care about are the X-men, Carol Denvers and Silver Surfer. Can you recommend good stories where Thor has impressive feats. I'm going to need them so I can prove why Diana, Supes, Billy and Black Adam are his superior. stick out tongue

As far as Thor, I have some issues here and there, but haven't been impressive by him.

If you just want feats, I'd read Matt Fraction's Thor. Thor's basically a crazed maniac half the time, but he does some overly ridiculous crap in his ongoing such as stalemating Silver Surfer while injured, crashing through Galactus' head, killing the Demogorge, killing Surtur with the shadow of his own sword, etc. Fraction also had Thor essentially one shot kill an amped Thing and then one shot BFR Hulk out of orbit while not at full health or stamina in the event "Fear Itself".

If you want feats and good stories, I'd recommend Walt Simonson's run on Thor, Dan Jurgens' Thor, and JMS' Thor.

But, yeah, if you haven't really read a lot of Thor and only have a few issues of his like you said, then you really don't have much of an idea of what he's done or what he's capable of.

Sh3nG L0nG

this is one fight i'd like to see more than any other fight in comics. each with their standard gear fighting smart would be epic with Thor maybe edging Diana 6/10.

pym-ftw
Hank Pym (L)
Tigra
Jocasta
Sentry
Aquaman
Crazy Jane
&
Arsenal

TheLordofMurder

Superman
Zatanna
Hal Jordan
Wonder Woman
Flash
Cyborg
Batman
Green Arrow
Aquaman

Thor
Current Hulk
Current Red Hulk
Captain America
Iron man
Hawkeye
Wolverine
Sersi

1) The GODD@MN BATMAN!!!: Batman has that Prep God thing going...Cap does not; Batman for the win.
2) Thor: Most powerful character here...
3) Superman: Is very powerful and has extremely powerful Writer Armor...
4) Hal Jordan: Very powerful and has great versatility...jack of all trades character.
5) Sersi (gotta have a nice looking woman on the team): better durability than Zatanna and has matter/energy manipulation as well...
6) Current Hulk: Love the brutality and the madder/stronger/heals faster thing he's got going...
7) Wolverine (he's beating out Wonder Woman): Can tank and recover from almost anything...he is also willing to kill.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Thor: Most powerful character here...
laughing out loud

bluewaterrider

Captain America -- unparalleled team organization skills, leadership, will, authority, inspiration, and ability to bring out the very best in nearly everyone working with him. shield can deflect nearly anything and would make an awesome offensive weapons in the hands of Thor or Wonder Woman. Gets the nod over Superman despite lack of physical prowess because Thor, Wonder Woman, and Sersi have Cap covered in this area, and the DCnU version of Superman tends to be too aggressive
where diplomacy might be the best option. better maturity and judgement than just about anybody else on these rosters

Thor -- dimensional portals, distraction, retreats, electrical power on command, magic blocking ability, potentially able to recruit Asgardian help. And yes, he is a powerhouse if physical force is needed, too.

Sersi -- magic detecting, spells, etcetera. she is Zatanna with the bonus of superhuman physicality to protect her

Wonder Woman -- "god" mode potentially makes her the physically strongest and most powerful DCnU character. regularly possesses magic weapons and artifacts that have demonstrated the ability to teleport her and others at will and defeat even supernatural opponents. potentially able to recruit Greek Pantheon help

Aquaman -- telepathy. may have the ability to communicate where spoken language attempts would fail; possibly even mind read or control enemies. given that 2/3rds of the world is ocean besides, Aquaman is arguably the best patrol officer after Tony ...

Iron man -- advanced tech and communications. inventive fighter.
defacto leader if anything happens to Cap. satellite system gives information on everything happening around the globe and extensive offensive options as well.

Wolverine -- hypersenses can detect things that may be vitally important but missed by others and invisible to machines. good at stealth, infiltration and survival. demonstrated leadership skills as head of the X-Men. better tactician than most people give him credit for.
metal detectors would be his only truly obvious weakness ...

Uriel005
If you just want feats, I'd read Matt Fraction's Thor. Thor's basically a crazed maniac half the time, but he does some overly ridiculous crap in his ongoing such as stalemating Silver Surfer while injured, crashing through Galactus' head, killing the Demogorge, killing Surtur with the shadow of his own sword, etc. Fraction also had Thor essentially one shot kill an amped Thing and then one shot BFR Hulk out of orbit while not at full health or stamina in the event "Fear Itself".

If you want feats and good stories, I'd recommend Walt Simonson's run on Thor, Dan Jurgens' Thor, and JMS' Thor.

But, yeah, if you haven't really read a lot of Thor and only have a few issues of his like you said, then you really don't have much of an idea of what he's done or what he's capable of. I want a Fraction Hercules run. Raging drunk style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.