Odin vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Odin

vs

Pre Reboot Superman with Wonder Woman's bracers, white, green and blue power rings, Magneto's helmet, DC Thor's hammer.

Fight is under a blue sun, and superman had sunipped in a yellow sun for 5 minutes before the fight.

Blue sun cannot be destroyed.

Superman can practice with gear for 1 year before the fight.

JakeTheBank
Odin.

Silent Master
Odin

Branlor Swift
Ugh

Also, Magneto's helmet is the deciding factor

h1a8
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Odin

vs

Pre Reboot Superman with Wonder Woman's bracers, white, green and blue power rings, Magneto's helmet, DC Thor's hammer.

Fight is under a blue sun, and superman had sunipped in a yellow sun for 5 minutes before the fight.

Blue sun cannot be destroyed.

Superman can practice with gear for 1 year before the fight.

Superman accidentally kills Odin.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman accidentally kills Odin.

LOL!!!!

JakeTheBank
Good ol' h1

Golgo13
Magnetos helmet? Superman stomps.

ozz81
Odin will just stop time and win if allowed in ths battle and etc..

h1a8
Odin doesn't fight that way. I never seen Odin stop time in battle.

Silent Master

Aren't you the guy that's only read around 50 issues of Thor?

JakeTheBank

Odd argument to make considering Odin's stopped and reversed time more than once and we've never seen Superman with these amps and weapons before to even hazard a guess how he'd fight.

tkitna
Odin

armedforbattle
Smh...

Glorificus
Odin stomps.

JayDaDon
Still Odin

armedforbattle
Judging off what everybody else is saying, I'll say superman wins easily.http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png

Sin I AM
multiple rings dont really add power, and dc thors hammer? what are u talking about

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Sin I AM
multiple rings dont really add power

yes it does..it has been shown multiple time in comic..Mongul, Guy, Hal..more rings equal more power..it's that simple..unless maybe if it's an opposing rings like blue and yellow..they don't really match..

Juntai
multiple rings dont really add power Of course they do. Sinestro even said as much in Emerald Twilight.

DarkSaint85
Blue charges Green.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Odd argument to make considering Odin's stopped and reversed time more than once and we've never seen Superman with these amps and weapons before to even hazard a guess how he'd fight.

I said Odin doesn't USUALLY fight that way.
He has fought countless times in comics and I never saw him stop time or reverse time in mid battle.

JakeTheBank
He has fought countless times in comics and I never saw him stop time or reverse time in mid battle.

He's stopped time to prevent the Destroyer Armor from killing Thor and others.

You would literally have to make up a fantastic scenario in how Superman could possibly win this if Odin is anywhere close to his best.

Bouboumaster
OH NO! Not Magneto's helmet!?
I guess Superman win!

Just kidding. Odin would fist**** his face

Silent Master

Aren't you the guy that's only read around 50 Thor comics?

psycho gundam
making a thread should cost $20

dmills
Originally posted by psycho gundam
making a thread should cost $20

laughing out loud

h1a8
He's stopped time to prevent the Destroyer Armor from killing Thor and others.

You would literally have to make up a fantastic scenario in how Superman could possibly win this if Odin is anywhere close to his best.
which issue is this?

Also why would doing something 1 out of hundreds of appearances constitutes as doing it automatic 10/10 in a forum? Especially when I'm being constantly told by many others that Superman isn't going to use his best speed as shown in comics?

Others (like you) can have characters do things they do less than 1% of the time but I can't have a character do something that does it with a much higher percentage. That's not fair.

TheHulk
Superman accidentally kills Odin. You gotta be ****ING kidding me H1! Your speed logic is that strong! what's next Superman beats Galactus by punching through his head with 17x FLT!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Slaanesh
yes it does..it has been shown multiple time in comic..Mongul, Guy, Hal..more rings equal more power..it's that simple..unless maybe if it's an opposing rings like blue and yellow..they don't really match.. Originally posted by Juntai
Of course they do. Sinestro even said as much in Emerald Twilight.

yall gotta issue number or somethin for this?

carver9
Superman slits Odin throat with Magneto helmet.

Slaanesh

no..to lazy to browse through my comic collection..

The Merchant
I know Odins a powerhouse, but he can control time, space, reality, mind, and soul? I've never seen him use anything like that, lol.

DarkSaint85

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/9/92/Blue_Lantern_Page_Spread.JPG

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/9/92/Blue_Lantern_Page_Spread.JPG

It didn't make it more powerful, just gave it a full charge. That's not what I asked for

DarkSaint85
Power levels, 210%.

That makes it 2.1 times more powerful than normal.

DarkSaint85
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/0/0e/Saint_Walker_and_Hal_Jordan.JPG

Mshinu
Sish-ke-Kal on Odin`s spear.

Sin I AM
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/0/0e/Saint_Walker_and_Hal_Jordan.JPG

No. It extended the rings battery life, nothing there indicated a boost in power

DarkSaint85
Wait, what?

So when Iron Man was hit by Thor's lightning in the Avengers film, and Jarvis said power levels 400%....it just meant he had a longer battery life??

Supposing you're right - what's to stop GLs from discharging that 200% all at once?

That would make them....more powerful, no? Unless you have a scan somewhere of the rate of discharge being a limiting factor?

If I had two batteries, one had a longer life than the other...and I emptied them in one burst, lasting the same amount of time...

Surely I would be outputting more power if I emptied the larger battery, especially if I did it in the same amount of time as the small battery?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by The Merchant
I know Odins a powerhouse, but he can control time, space, reality, mind, and soul? I've never seen him use anything like that, lol.

Odin's obviously not on par with the Infinity Gauntlet if that's what you're asking, but he has displayed time manipulation (has stopped and reversed time several times), spatial manipulation (has teleported the entire Asgard realm from its normal location to another dimension), has warped universal scale destructive energy, has displayed high end telepathy, and has manipulated souls and spiritual energy many times.

DarkSaint85
Plus, he can absorb fairly significant sources of energy. Could he do the same with the rings? Maybe, right? Jake, you know better than I.

JakeTheBank
Plus, he can absorb fairly significant sources of energy. Could he do the same with the rings? Maybe, right? Jake, you know better than I.

With the Odin Force, I see no reason why he couldn't absorb the energy from the rings (though the white ring might be more dicey considering what it represents and the like).

Endless Mike
Odin

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he could absorb Surtur he can absorb the power rings.

h1a8
How did he absorb Surtur? What was the context?
And assuming you are right then the fundamental flaw is Superman sitting there and letting it happen. Do you realize how powerful a sun dipped Superman is? Frak the rings, the Sundip here would be very significant

Silent Master
And assuming you are right then the fundamental flaw is Superman sitting there and letting it happen. Do you realize how powerful a sun dipped Superman is? Frak the rings, the Sundip here would be very significant

I guess stories about Odin weren't in any of the 50 Thor issues that you've read.

PillarofOsiris
How powerful of a telepathic attack can magneto's helmet block?

the Darkone

He absorbed Surtur after defeating Seth, he absorbed Surtur into himself, show's you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Sun-dipped Superman at best with rings mid/high trans level, still why below Odin who can literally de-power Superman with a gesture and send him back to small-ville on a gurney, Odin will own Superman so fast it wouldn't be funny.

Now go read some comics troll!!

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by the Darkone

Sun-dipped Superman at best with rings mid/high trans level

With no rings he's EASILY a high trans.

the Darkone
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
With no rings he's EASILY a high trans.

He still be trans level, Odin is too far up the food chain, Odin never really uses the full power of the OF, and he pimp slaps High heralds they can barely get of the ground. Odin can amp himself, and literally school Superman to the point, Superman start busting snot bubbles just by staring at Odin.

PillarofOsiris
I think Odin probably wins, but I don't see him beating this Superman any easier than he beat Thanos. In fact, this Superman would annihilate Thanos. The bracers with Superman's speed would be brutal. Add in the sundip, the rings, and the blue sun and this is no walk in the park for Odin.

the Darkone
I think Odin probably wins, but I don't see him beating this Superman any easier than he beat Thanos. In fact, this Superman would annihilate Thanos. The bracers with Superman's speed would be brutal. Add in the sundip, the rings, and the blue sun and this is no walk in the park for Odin.

Odin will beat the living crap Superman, Odin didn't have a problem with Thanos because, Odin wasn't trying to kill Thanos, he wanted Thanos to submit. When Odin battled Forsung the Enchanter, their fight cause planets to blow up and suns go supernova, Odin with Seth caused shock waves through the Multiverse and Odin had amnesia. Odin has too many tricks up his sleeves, Odin has his spear, specter, and the armor, Superman would be lucky to walk away with a concussion.

Mindset
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/0/0e/Saint_Walker_and_Hal_Jordan.JPG Was the anal penetration necessary?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
Was the anal penetration necessary?

Reported for asking silly questions.

Mindset
Don't make me forcefully give you a power up.

JakeTheBank
How powerful of a telepathic attack can magneto's helmet block?

At least Xavier level.

But really, the helmet, while a nice touch, is likely to be obliterated in the fight.

kevdude
laughing out loud

Igniz

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/MISCELLANEOUS/DevilOdin/Thor400-32.jpg

Does this answer your question?

As for this thread, Odin wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This ranges from a good fight to Odin brutalizing Superman's anus by stuffing Galaxies into them while pounding Ma Kent.

Unfortunately, if Superman survives, he's probably going to ask for seconds.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/floydthinking.png

h1a8
He absorbed Surtur after defeating Seth, he absorbed Surtur into himself, show's you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Sun-dipped Superman at best with rings mid/high trans level, still why below Odin who can literally de-power Superman with a gesture and send him back to small-ville on a gurney, Odin will own Superman so fast it wouldn't be funny.

Now go read some comics troll!!

LOL Superman beats Odin here with ease.
You don't even know how powerful a sun dip Superman is. Why even post in this thread?

The rings are able to absorb energy too. Trust me this fight will have nothing to do with someone absorbing someone's power.

Superman will probably accidentally killing or seriously hurting Odin.

Fight should be Superman with rings against Odin and not a sun dipped.

JakeTheBank
LOL Superman beats Odin here with ease.
You don't even know how powerful a sun dip Superman is. Why even post in this thread?

The rings are able to absorb energy too. Trust me this fight will have nothing to do with someone absorbing someone's power.

Superman will probably accidentally killing or seriously hurting Odin.

Fight should be Superman with rings against Odin and not a sun dipped.

Says the guy who admits he's only read 50 or so Thor comics.

Mjolnir's energy absorbing is superior to the rings. And Odin >>>> Mjolnir. So, no, I don't really trust you that energy absorbiing won't be a factor here, especially considering the rings have, under Johns, consistently been shown to have finite charges and power levels.

That's less likely than Odin accidentally effecting every plane of existence fighting Superman.

Odin would beat the crap out of that less powerful Superman than the one here whom he'd also beat.

h1a8
Originally posted by Igniz
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/MISCELLANEOUS/DevilOdin/Thor400-32.jpg

Does this answer your question?

As for this thread, Odin wins.

I read that before. Didn't make nothing out of it since Surtur was already defeated. It wasn't like Odin did it against Surtur's will.
See that is what I mean. People just say feats of Thor and Odin out of context. That's why I trust nothing any Thor fan says. They are serious con artists.

Superman wins 10/10

JakeTheBank
I read that before. Didn't make nothing out of it since Surtur was already defeated. It wasn't like Odin did it against Surtur's will.
See that is what I mean. People just say feats of Thor and Odin out of context. That's why I trust nothing any Thor fan says. They are serious con artists.

Superman wins 10/10

Odin just recently (as in a month or two ago) causally warped the energy Surtur gave off which was described as universal scale in destructive power. This is a guy who's been consistently portrayed as being a galaxy buster when he goes all out and has feats even higher than that.

erm

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This ranges from a good fight to Odin brutalizing Superman's anus by stuffing Galaxies into them while pounding Ma Kent.

Unfortunately, if Superman survives, he's probably going to ask for seconds.
laughing out loud

Anyway superman with less time of sundip overpowered Imperiex powered engines of warworld and was beyond the capability of Brainiac 13 with imperiex power to harm him. He beats this old puny god to death.

carver9
This isn't an easy fight for Odin. Undecided on who would win. Doesn't a sun amp gives Superman resistance against Magic?

abhilegend
Odin just recently (as in a month or two ago) causally warped the energy Surtur gave off which was described as universal scale in destructive power. This is a guy who's been consistently portrayed as being a galaxy buster when he goes all out and has feats even higher than that.

erm
So beneath the power level of Imperiex powered Brainiac 13 even at his highest feats? The same brainiac 13 couldn't even budge superman from throwing his entire planets while exerting all energy at his disposal.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
So beneath the power level of Imperiex powered Brainiac 13 even at his highest feats? The same brainiac 13 couldn't even budge superman from throwing his entire planets while exerting all energy at his disposal.

Odin at his best was effecting shit on a multiversal scale if you want to go that route. And that was him basically just punching and shooting blasts, not attempting to mind rape, stop time, or warp energy blasts, soul rape/manipulate, etc.

h1a8
Says the guy who admits he's only read 50 or so Thor comics.

Mjolnir's energy absorbing is superior to the rings. And Odin >>>> Mjolnir. So, no, I don't really trust you that energy absorbiing won't be a factor here, especially considering the rings have, under Johns, consistently been shown to have finite charges and power levels.

That's less likely than Odin accidentally effecting every plane of existence fighting Superman.

Odin would beat the crap out of that less powerful Superman than the one here whom he'd also beat.

Yes to Mjolnir absorbing better than the rings. But that doesn't say mean Odin can absorb the power of the rings against the ring wielder's will. Even if he can then it certainly doesn't mean it would happen right away. It could take hours to fight away the energy.

A few things:

1. Odin doesn't USUALLY (key word) fight like that, absorbing peoples power while fighting them. Otherwise he would have been shown absorbing Thanos, and mostly everyone else he's ever fought. If Odin does something 1 out of 1000 times in comics then he will do it 1 out of 1000 in a forum. Isn't this how you guys argue against me?

2. Superman is not going to sit there and allow him to do such things. Superman is faster and will have Odin on the defensive, assuming Odin can even respond to his actions.

3. People hear are underestimating a Superman supdip. Probably many here are saying Odin wins without having read the issues where Superman was sundipped. IMO Superman is already has a greater physicality than Odin. A sundip would be unfair IMO.

4. If Mjolnir has a superior feat in a particular category than Odin has then Odin can only be said to have at least equal that power and not much greater (until proven otherwise). We based things off feats and what comics show. In other words, Odin must show being vastly superior to Mjolnir in a particular category in order for it to be accepted.

h1a8

erm

More con artist talk I see.
Surtur is not consistently seen as a galaxy buster, not even close. Not even 5% of his appearances.
Feats>>>>>>>statements and opinions, otherwise Sentry would have the power of a million exploding suns and stalemated Galactus.

Warping energy is not pulling it from someone who's fighting to keep it or trying to pull from you.

h1a8
Odin at his best was effecting shit on a multiversal scale if you want to go that route. And that was him basically just punching and shooting blasts, not attempting to mind rape, stop time, or warp energy blasts, soul rape/manipulate, etc.

Effecting shit on a multiversal scale doesn't prove offensive power or durability.
Superman can simply pimp slap Odin into a coma before Odin can even act.
I'm exaggerating but stop thinking Superman won't be the first to act or that Superman will sit there and allow Odin to do what he wishes. You are arguing from bias and you don't see it.

abhilegend
Imperiex powered brainiac 13 at best was an omniversal threat as per Young Justice:OWAW. Yep, hypertime and shit.

JakeTheBank
Yes to Mjolnir absorbing better than the rings. But that doesn't say mean Odin can absorb the power of the rings against the ring wielder's will. Even if he can then it certainly doesn't mean it would happen right away. It could take hours to fight away the energy.

A few things:

1. Odin doesn't USUALLY (key word) fight like that, absorbing peoples power while fighting them. Otherwise he would have been shown absorbing Thanos, and mostly everyone else he's ever fought. If Odin does something 1 out of 1000 times in comics then he will do it 1 out of 1000 in a forum. Isn't this how you guys argue against me?

2. Superman is not going to sit there and allow him to do such things. Superman is faster and will have Odin on the defensive, assuming Odin can even respond to his actions.

3. People hear are underestimating a Superman supdip. Probably many here are saying Odin wins without having read the issues where Superman was sundipped. IMO Superman is already has a greater physicality than Odin. A sundip would be unfair IMO.

4. If Mjolnir has a superior feat in a particular category than Odin has then Odin can only be said to have at least equal that power and not much greater (until proven otherwise). We based things off feats and what comics show. In other words, Odin must show being vastly superior to Mjolnir in a particular category in order for it to be accepted.

Um, yes, yes it does mean that. Considering what Mjolnir has absorbed on panel, it certainly does mean that it could absorb the energy of the rings against the will of the user. Said user could defend against such a method with various degree of success, but Mjolnir's ultimately going to win such a contest. Every time Mjolnir's been actively used to absorb energy, it happens pretty much as soon as the ability is invoked, not hours, so not sure where you go that idea from.

1. Okay, concerning Thanos, I'm going to do a forum a favor here and now and completely dispel the myth that fight is indicative of Odin fighting at his absolute best or going all out or is anywhere close to being the "best fight he's had in eons" just because he said so in that comic. Thanos didn't once threaten Odin's life or cause him grievous energy. Not once. On the other hand we have many fights where Odin was going all out (both in abilities used and collateral damage) where his well being was threatened. Surtur, Ymir, Mangog, the Enchanters, Dark Gods, World Eaters, etc. All these people actually threatened Odin on some level. Thanos? He freakishly endured a lot of punishment from Odin who hadn't even begun to tap into the higher levels of his powers. You can call it Starlin being Starlin and trying to make Thanos look good or a random statement which has no merit when you actually look at feats and prior examples or whatever. But at the end of the day, Thanos was hardly a threat or danger to Odin.

Anyway, Odin's used absorbing when pressed against the likes of Surtur, and has done more exotic methods of victory such as against Mangog and the Enchanters and the Dark Gods, notably people who have actually threatened Odin more so than Thanos. So, as far as I'm concerned Thanos' fight with Odin isn't even in the top five for the All-Father. So, ultimately, moot point.

2. Odin possesses heightened awareness akin to a form of clairvoyence/low level omniscience and can perceive events happening across the universe (as well as literally fight across the universe). So, no, I don't see Superman being "omgz too fast/speed blitz" for Odin to handle.

3. So the majority here who've voted for Odin haven't read OWAW, yet the guy claiming Superman wins here admittedly hasn't read a whole lot of Thor comics (and has also admitted to reading Thor solely to argue Superman against him as it's primary goal/topic in debating) has room to talk? And then you say that Thor fans take shit out of context and "can't be trusted"? That's hypocrisy. And it's plain to see.

4. Odin enchanted Mjolnir and the Odin Force is undoubtedly significantly superior to it. This can't even be debated or argued against. And it's been shown and stated in comics god knows how many times. facepalm

JakeTheBank
Surtur is not consistently seen as a galaxy buster, not even close. Not even 5% of his appearances.
Feats>>>>>>>statements and opinions, otherwise Sentry would have the power of a million exploding suns and stalemated Galactus.

Warping energy is not pulling it from someone who's fighting to keep it or trying to pull from you.

Surtur has on panel busted a galaxy and has on panel manifested energy to bust a galaxy without Twilight, which is a universal scale weapon. Odin's numerous feats speak for themselves.

Sentry doesn't have on panel feats of being possessed of a million exploding suns nor on panel stalemated Galactus, so fail analogy.

JakeTheBank
Effecting shit on a multiversal scale doesn't prove offensive power or durability.
Superman can simply pimp slap Odin into a coma before Odin can even act.
I'm exaggerating but stop thinking Superman won't be the first to act or that Superman will sit there and allow Odin to do what he wishes. You are arguing from bias and you don't see it.

If the energy you're out putting and being assailed with is being felt on every plane of reality and threatening the safety of said multiverse, yes, it does. no expression

You're exaggerating? Good to know.

Glass houses, pot meet kettle, etc.

Igniz

Surtur destroying a Galaxy to create the infamous Twilight Sword.From Thor#337

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/PowerLvl/DGalaxy/Thor_V1337_p01.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/PowerLvl/DGalaxy/Thor_V1337_p02.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/PowerLvl/DGalaxy/Thor_V1337_p03.jpg

This scene shows Surtur finally completing the Twilight Sword.From Thor#345

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/PowerLvl/DGalaxy/Thor_345-21.jpg

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Surtur accumulated enough power to destroy all the Nine Realms of Yggdrasil and then the rest of the multiverse via Otherworld :
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/13621575/Thor-Zone-007.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/13621576/Thor-Zone-008.jpg.html

Scans courtesy of Rage.Of.Olympus
Surtur Vs Thor(w/ Twilight Shadow Sword).From Thor Vol 4 #21

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/Fights/VsThorF4/ThorV4-21-13.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/Fights/VsThorF4/ThorV4-21-14.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/Fights/VsThorF4/ThorV4-21-15.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/Fights/VsThorF4/ThorV4-21-16.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/Fights/VsThorF4/ThorV4-21-17.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/Fights/VsThorF4/ThorV4-21-18.jpg

whistle

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Imperiex powered brainiac 13 at best was an omniversal threat as per Young Justice:OWAW. Yep, hypertime and shit.

K.

Odin's battle was felt across every plane of existence while basically just brawling.

h1a8
whistle

You didn't invalidate my argument.
I said Surtur is not even seen 5% of the time as a Galaxy buster.
Then you going to post 3 scenes (lol at scans of Surtur creating the Twilight Sword) like that is suppose to help. So you posted 3 scenes out of how many appearances does Surtur have? Do the math!

Also feats>>>>>>>>statements. Otherwise Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns and stalemated Galactus. The only true Galaxy busting feat we have is Surtur making the twilight sword.

h1a8
K.

Odin's battle was felt across every plane of existence while basically just brawling.

LOL he wasn't just brawling but shooting blasts and shit. Read the words again Jake, I think you misinterpret the scene.

Lastly, a battle felt across the multiverse doesn't imply offensive power or more importantly DURABILITY. Magic allows one to meddle with dimensions without even causing harm.

JakeTheBank
Just because Surtur doesn't bust galaxies in every appearance doesn't detract from his power level, especially considering we've seen him do it before on panel as well as his primary foe, Odin, who's done it even more times than he. We know plenty of heralds can bust planets, either with physical force or energy projection, but they don't have to do so numerous times to know they pack that kind of power.

Igniz
Then you going to post 3 scenes (lol at scans of Surtur creating the Twilight Sword) like that is suppose to help. So you posted 3 scenes out of how many appearances does Surtur have? Do the math!

Also feats>>>>>>>>statements. Otherwise Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns and stalemated Galactus. The only true Galaxy busting feat we have is Surtur making the twilight sword.

You are arguing from bias and you don't see it.

DarkSaint85

So...he DOES have feat(s), right? So the Sentry statement is not really that good an analogy, as he hasn't shown any feats to back it up, not even one, which Surture at least has under his belt - even if its just one.

And if Surtur has at least one, what is stopping him from being able to back it up (like a Tonka truck) all those other times there have been statements?

So for example, Wally has IMP'ed....once (I'm not counting the white dwarf example, but OK, let's count it too). Its not like he has any level blockers preventing him from accessing this same speed the next time he fights, so why do we suddenly assume he can't do it anymore?

h1a8
If the energy you're out putting and being assailed with is being felt on every plane of reality and threatening the safety of said multiverse, yes, it does. no expression

You're exaggerating? Good to know.

Glass houses, pot meet kettle, etc.

I admit to it though. I never con anyone. What I say I believe and not because I'm trying to trick people.

I disagree. Odin couldn't do jack to the multiverse (damage wise) let alone a single universe, let alone a Galaxy with a single blast (yes it took multiple blasts from both to destroy a galaxy). Having energy to do one thing doesn't imply damage output. Surfer being able to transmute matter or affect time and space doesn't translate into how much power he can blast with.

JakeTheBank
LOL he wasn't just brawling but shooting blasts and shit. Read the words again Jake, I think you misinterpret the scene.

Lastly, a battle felt across the multiverse doesn't imply offensive power or more importantly DURABILITY. Magic allows one to meddle with dimensions without even causing harm.

It was described as a simple slugfest, but one with impossible implications. And I already mentioned that fight had Odin brawling and shooting blasts.

So, I'd suggest you actually read and comprehend my posts before trying to deconstruct them.

And that would be nice and all, your point about that fight not causing harm if people like Spider-Man (whose spider-sense went apeshit while he was in New York City), Silver Surfer (whose cosmic awareness went bonkers while in another galaxy), or Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange didn't sense the untold danger and peril said fight possessed.

Between the multitude of statements from various characters and the narration, we know exactly what level that fight was being portrayed at.

abhilegend
K.

Superman did that too against Kal-L. He broke all time and space while doing that.

K.

Mindset
I don't believe you.

h1a8
So...he DOES have feat(s), right? So the Sentry statement is not really that good an analogy, as he hasn't shown any feats to back it up, not even one, which Surture at least has under his belt - even if its just one.

And if Surtur has at least one, what is stopping him from being able to back it up (like a Tonka truck) all those other times there have been statements?

So for example, Wally has IMP'ed....once (I'm not counting the white dwarf example, but OK, let's count it too). Its not like he has any level blockers preventing him from accessing this same speed the next time he fights, so why do we suddenly assume he can't do it anymore?

Yes but comic characters aren't seen at their highest power levels everytime you see them in a comic. I was told countless times to use averages. Otherwise Glads will always hit with planet destroying force in any forum fight.

And ABC logic is faulty. It's not who you beat but HOW YOU BEAT THEM.
Offensive power doesn't imply durability.
Superman is not just going to sit there and allow Odin to operate.
Superman would most likely act first and beat Odin to the punch.

Igniz
Yes but comic characters aren't seen at their highest power levels everytime you see them in a comic. I was told countless times to use averages. Otherwise Glads will always hit with planet destroying force in any forum fight.

And ABC logic is faulty. It's not who you beat but HOW YOU BEAT THEM.
Offensive power doesn't imply durability.
Superman is not just going to sit there and allow Odin to operate.
Superman would most likely act first and beat Odin to the punch.

You are arguing from bias and you don't see it.

h1a8
It was described as a simple slugfest, but one with impossible implications. And I already mentioned that fight had Odin brawling and shooting blasts.

So, I'd suggest you actually read and comprehend my posts before trying to deconstruct them.

And that would be nice and all, your point about that fight not causing harm if people like Spider-Man (whose spider-sense went apeshit while he was in New York City), Silver Surfer (whose cosmic awareness went bonkers while in another galaxy), or Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange didn't sense the untold danger and peril said fight possessed.

Between the multitude of statements from various characters and the narration, we know exactly what level that fight was being portrayed at.

I understand Jake, but the universe wasn't being destroyed and neither was the multiverse. The only thing being destroyed was galaxies.
So again, affecting the multiverse doesn't prove damage output.

h1a8

But I'm right. Superman isn't just going to sit there is he?
Odin is not fast at all. You think Superman (knowing who Odin is) is just not going to try to beat Odin from the get go?

JakeTheBank
I understand Jake, but the universe wasn't being destroyed and neither was the multiverse. The only thing being destroyed was galaxies.
So again, affecting the multiverse doesn't proof damage output.

The fight was being felt on every plane of reality. Multiple characters of various sensory ability were frightened of what could happen. Narration tells us the multiverse was being effected by their fight.

How is that not a display of damage being dealt? If reality is being effected in such an adverse way, it's most assuredly a display of offensive power.

JakeTheBank
But I'm right. Superman isn't just going to sit there is he?
Odin is not fast at all. You think Superman (knowing who Odin is) is just not going to try to beat Odin from the get go?

Superman knows who Odin as much as Odin knows who Superman is. erm

And Odin, knowing he's going to be in a fight of some kind isn't going to try and beat Superman? This isn't a scenario where Superman arrives to Asgard and winds up pissing off Odin who merely wants to teach him a lesson in respect or something. It's a fight.

h1a8
Just because Surtur doesn't bust galaxies in every appearance doesn't detract from his power level, especially considering we've seen him do it before on panel as well as his primary foe, Odin, who's done it even more times than he. We know plenty of heralds can bust planets, either with physical force or energy projection, but they don't have to do so numerous times to know they pack that kind of power.

yes but that's saying a character comes to a forum fight with the maximum power they ever shown. I want this, trust me I do. But I'm constantly being shut down about it. So I feel I have to fight for fairness.

h1a8
Superman knows who Odin as much as Odin knows who Superman is. erm

And Odin, knowing he's going to be in a fight of some kind isn't going to try and beat Superman? This isn't a scenario where Superman arrives to Asgard and winds up pissing off Odin who merely wants to teach him a lesson in respect or something. It's a fight.

I understand. That's why it's best to look at the fight from both sides. It's faulty to ignore the other character and pretend they will do nothing and just sit there the entire time.

Assuming both will fight and not sit there then speed is on Superman's side. That's why I worship speed because it's phucking powerful. Equalizing speed is a different story though. Odin has a great chance against Supes then.

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes but that's saying a character comes to a forum fight with the maximum power they ever shown. I want this, trust me I do. But I'm constantly being shut down about it. So I feel I have to fight for fairness.

Hahaha, I hope someone breaks your hands.

All this bullshit about characters fighting at their best, the repetitive crap you spew all the time about how Gladiator will blitz at light speed and hit with planet shattering blows and this is what you post?

You flip flop more than a man with his pants on fire.

JakeTheBank
I understand. That's why it's best to look at the fight from both sides. It's faulty to ignore the other character and pretend they will do nothing and just sit there the entire time.

Assuming both will fight and not sit there then speed is on Superman's side. That's why I worship speed because it's phucking powerful. Equalizing speed is a different story though. Odin has a great chance against Supes then.

Speed is a factor, but the comics themselves repeatedly show us that speed, while useful isn't the be all and end all to fights. And unless you want to throw out every comic where someone didn't use their speed effectively in your opinion - good luck with that, btw - there's no reason that it becomes a ridiculous overly wanked power in a fight with said characters. If a character has displayed the speed to effectively solo hundreds of herald type beings in a fight on panel, by all means, let's use it. Until then, it shouldn't get a free pass for rampant speculative extrapolation we've never actually seen in comics while every other power doesn't.

And this is without factoring in Odin's own reaction/perception abilities as well as his ability to stop/control time.

Mindset

I'll pm you a price.

h1a8

All this bullshit about characters fighting at their best, the repetitive crap you spew all the time about how Gladiator will blitz at light speed and hit with planet shattering blows and this is what you post?

You flip flop more than a man with his pants on fire.

Damnit! mad
For the hundredth time stop reading my posts out of context. If you are going to quote me then at least read the other posts.

I said, I wish I could argue that way (maximum power shown). But everytime I do I get shut down. I'm pursuing fairness (If I can't do it then neither can anyone else).

The fight was being felt on every plane of reality. Multiple characters of various sensory ability were frightened of what could happen. Narration tells us the multiverse was being effected by their fight.

How is that not a display of damage being dealt? If reality is being effected in such an adverse way, it's most assuredly a display of offensive power.

Not really since it could imply with just screwing with the dimensions (such as time and space). Just look at what was being destroyed. We can't assume higher damage than what was being shown. Think about it. If the best the two can do after fighting for a long time is destroy some galaxies then that's all we can give that feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Damnit! mad
For the hundredth time stop reading my posts out of context. If you are going to quote me then at least read the other posts.

I said, I wish I could argue that way (maximum power shown). But everytime I do I get shut down. I'm pursuing fairness (If I can't do it then neither can anyone else)

You mean what you've been posting consistently for the last 5 years I've been here isn't what you've really meant all along? Silly me.

But you do, and you do it all the time except in a rare case like this when it doesn't suit you. Because Odin at his best would rape Superman so hard that your anus would start bleeding.

h1a8
Speed is a factor, but the comics themselves repeatedly show us that speed, while useful isn't the be all and end all to fights. And unless you want to throw out every comic where someone didn't use their speed effectively in your opinion - good luck with that, btw - there's no reason that it becomes a ridiculous overly wanked power in a fight with said characters. If a character has displayed the speed to effectively solo hundreds of herald type beings in a fight on panel, by all means, let's use it. Until then, it shouldn't get a free pass for rampant speculative extrapolation we've never actually seen in comics while every other power doesn't.

And this is without factoring in Odin's own reaction/perception abilities as well as his ability to stop/control time.

I'm not saying how fast a character will be in a forum fight. I'm just saying that he will be a lot faster than his adversary. Again, I don't give speed the automatic win but it's a huge plus in my book.

How long does it Odin to stop time? 5 seconds, 10 seconds? Certainly not faster than Superman can act. I'm not even sure Odin will even try to stop time in mid battle since I never seen him do it.

And perceptions is not speed or reflexes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll pm you a price.

Can I just give you Jake for a night or two?

JakeTheBank
Can I just give you Jake for a night or two?

A night or two with me is worth far more than mere broken hands.

Jerk.

sad

h1a8
You mean what you've been posting consistently for the last 5 years I've been here isn't what you've really meant all along? Silly me.

But you, and you do it all the time except in a rare case like this when it doesn't suit you. Because Odin at his best would rape Superman so hard that your anus would start bleeding.

Huh?
Yes I do it all the time, but you are not here when I'm getting shut down about it.
I'm not going to sit here and let someone else do it (and not get shut down) when I can't. Either we both do it or we both don't do it. I'm fine with either way.

Now do you understand?

Mindset
Can I just give you Jake for a night or two? If I wanted Jake I would take him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A night or two with me is worth far more than mere broken hands.

Jerk.

sad

I've had my way with you and now I'm bored.

It's how the All-Father rolls. Now open that pretty mouth one last time...

http://c0181321.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/PHAITFCFikVEEI_2_m.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Huh?
Yes I do it all the time, but you are not here when I'm getting shut down about it.
I'm not going to sit here and let someone else do it (and not get shut down) when I can't. Either we both do it or we both don't do it. I'm fine with either way.

Now do you understand?

Except next week in a few hours you'll be doing exactly the same shit you're arguing against in this thread.

Spout all the bullshit you want but at least have the common curtsey to keep it consistent bullshit.

JakeTheBank
I've had my way with you and now I'm bored.

It's how the All-Father rolls. Now open that pretty mouth one last time...

http://c0181321.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/PHAITFCFikVEEI_2_m.jpg

Maybe DC's shitty ass Odin.

No true defender of the Nine Realms would proudly parade around with Banner's face. It's disgusting. We're going to have our KMC version of Blood and Thunder when I, the real All-Father, alter your warped ass mind in an attempt to purge you from the Church of Gamma's influence.

I feel bad for the people you'll inevitably stomp in your mad rampage including before Quanchi halts your progress and brings you before me. Then I'll beat the shit out of him without trying too much and then fix your mind.

h1a8
o

h1a8
Except next week in a few hours you'll be doing exactly the same shit you're arguing against in this thread.

Spout all the bullshit you want but at least have the common curtsey to keep it consistent bullshit.

Not really! You haven't been here in a while. You should read many of my posts. You would hardly see me arguing that way. Even when you do see it, I'm being shut down about it.

Don't get mad because I'm trying to be fair.
Again, we can argue either way. But let's be fair.

P.S. I haven't used the speedblitz from the get go argument for a mighty long time. You are outdated my friend.

the Darkone
This is anot a fair fight, Odin by all accounts at his best is near Abstract levels if we take into account his feats which surpasses some cosmic abstracts. Odin would overpower Superman to the point he would have ulcers fighting Odin, Odin is not Darkseid, he doesn't play down to other beings levels, he is the All Father his record speaks for itself, when Odin fights he fights too the death, and he will bring the pain, his track record with against Sky Father level beings and above with the exception of the Celestials, Galactus and Classic Mangog, Odin reign Supreme. No trans level or Herald level being can withstand Odin powers unless he wants them too.

Superman messing around with Odin, will have himself in ICU for a long time!!!

pym-ftw
Odin builds a new destroyer armor out of superman's flesh

quanchi112
Not really! You haven't been here in a while. You should read many of my posts. You would hardly see me arguing that way. Even when you do see it, I'm being shut down about it.

Don't get mad because I'm trying to be fair.
Again, we can argue either way. But let's be fair.

P.S. I haven't used the speedblitz from the get go argument for a mighty long time. You are outdated my friend. You now apparently switch up your arguments admitting you weren't being fair in the first place. Odin wins. Better feats, more powerful, more durable,nore experience with his power level than Superman, and being able to control himself unlike Superman here.

h1a8
This is anot a fair fight, Odin by all accounts at his best is near Abstract levels if we take into account his feats which surpasses some cosmic abstracts. Odin would overpower Superman to the point he would have ulcers fighting Odin, Odin is not Darkseid, he doesn't play down to other beings levels, he is the All Father his record speaks for itself, when Odin fights he fights too the death, and he will bring the pain, his track record with against Sky Father level beings and above with the exception of the Celestials, Galactus and Classic Mangog, Odin reign Supreme. No trans level or Herald level being can withstand Odin powers unless he wants them too.

Superman messing around with Odin, will have himself in ICU for a long time!!! Sure and Superman can possibly one shot him with this type of amp. Read the OWAW when Superman sun dips and you know what you are debating against. Did he want Thanos to withstand his powers? What about the countless of other fools he blasted and fought against?

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
You now apparently switch up your arguments admitting you weren't being fair in the first place. Odin wins. Better feats, more powerful, more durable,nore experience with his power level than Superman, and being able to control himself unlike Superman here.

How am I switching up my arguments when I asking for consistency?
I want to argue best feats. That's my style. But I'm not going to allow others to do the same when I'm the one being shut down about it.

You are one of the biggest flip flopper. You argue Thanos highest feats, never once mentioning his lowest feats. Yet you mention another characters lowest feats and say it counts.

Let me see if you know both characters well. How powerful was sundipped Superman was? What was his feats?

quanchi112
Sure and Superman can possibly one shot him with this type of amp. Read the OWAW when Superman sun dips and you know what you are debating against. Did he want Thanos to withstand his powers? Based on Superman oneshotting who with this amp ?

Thanos has withstood an attack meant to kill from Galactuc and would also beat this Superman into the ground.

h1a8
Based on Superman oneshotting who with this amp ?

Thanos has withstood an attack meant to kill from Galactuc and would also beat this Superman into the ground.
See how you mention Thanos highest feats (although he was only subject to Galactus blast for a short moment after his shields crumbled).
And Superman withstood black holes without damage.
This Superman would vaporize Thanos by accident.
You never answered my question though.

quanchi112
How am I switching up my arguments when I asking for consistency?
I want to argue best feats. That's my style. But I'm not going to allow others to do the same when I'm the one being shut down about it.

You are one of the biggest flip flopper. You argue Thanos highest feats, never once mentioning his lowest feats. Yet you mention another characters lowest feats and say it counts.

Let me see if you know both characters well. How powerful was sundipped Superman was? What was his feats? Best feats versus best feats means Odin stops time. Of course in this thread you ignore it since speed loses. That's called picking and choosing. You don't know enough about either character to know really anything about a battle between the two.

See how you mention Thanos highest feats (although he was only subject to Galactus blast for a short moment after his shields crumbled).
And Superman withstood black holes without damage.
This Superman would vaporize Thanos by accident.
You never answered my question though. I'd mention him surviving Omega whose power level was far above Galactus if I went highest feats. Black holes are just fluff they don't matter when Konvikt punches Superman. It's like you're completely lost. Wait not like you are lost.

You don't know enough about Thanos to be in this thread or probably even Superman for that matter.

the Darkone
Sure and Superman can possibly one shot him with this type of amp. Read the OWAW when Superman sun dips and you know what you are debating against. Did he want Thanos to withstand his powers? What about the countless of other fools he blasted and fought against?

Superman will not one shot Odin regardless of the amp , are you that much a fanboy? Odin will one shot Superman as quick as a fart in the wind, Superman doesn't have power to beat High-end Sky Father who can amp at will and put the Asgardian Destroyer on if whats to be prick, he has done it before to teach someone a lesson on humility. If anyone would think that Superman seriously had a chance they will support your argument with evidence, but they don't only a fanboy would think like you. Unless you have panel proof, your theory falls falt on it's face and makes you look more pathetic than before, you claim to have 50 Thor issues then that makes you an expert on Odin, Thor etc, your just a fraud and a troll.

Sometime I wonder do you act stupid on purpose, Odin wanted Thanos to submit and Odin really wasn't even trying, Odin on numerous occasion have one shot herald beings without killing them Thor, Ulik, Silver Surfer, Annilihus, Lok, Materson Thori etc.

dmills
Best feats versus best feats means Odin stops time. Of course in this thread you ignore it since speed loses. That's called picking and choosing. You don't know enough about either character to know really anything about a battle between the two.

I'd mention him surviving Omega whose power level was far above Galactus if I went highest feats. Black holes are just fluff they don't matter when Konvikt punches Superman. It's like you're completely lost. Wait not like you are lost.

You don't know enough about Thanos to be in this thread or probably even Superman for that matter.

Ouch

PillarofOsiris
I think the Bracers are being ignored big time here. They survived blasts from far more powerful entities than Odin, multiple skyfathers at once. And with Superman's speed, odin is going to have a hard time getting blasts through.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Odin builds a new destroyer armor out of superman's flesh

That would be a downgrade. I don't think Odin would go for that.
smokin'

the Darkone
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That would be a downgrade. I don't think Odin would go for that.
smokin'

He probably send Superman to Surtur or Hela for kicks and giggles.

h1a8
Superman wins this

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Ugh

Also, Magneto's helmet is the deciding factor

yep. also, THIS is why i took a sabbatical.....

TheGodKiller
At least Xavier level.
And as we saw from Odin's duel with Galactus, he's far and above Xavier in terms of tp capabilities.

the Darkone
Superman wins this

No one cares what you think, ur claims are baseless troll!

Silent Master
Superman wins this

Wrong.

JakeTheBank
I think the Bracers are being ignored big time here. They survived blasts from far more powerful entities than Odin, multiple skyfathers at once. And with Superman's speed, odin is going to have a hard time getting blasts through.

They survived, yes - the bracers - but that instance you're thinking about nearly proved to be too much for Diana. She's blocked potent attacks before with the bracers, and the sheer force/power of them have still effected her adversely. They're a powerful defense, but by no means insumountable. And those skyfathers weren't trying to destroy Diana, either, but merely invoke a ritual for Mount Olympus.

Raptor22
Because Odin at his best would rape Superman so hard that your anus would start bleeding. will he give him the old spear of Odin?

Juntai
yall gotta issue number or somethin for this? Yes, Emerald Twilight, the final battle between Hal and Sinestro. Hal encounters Sinestro, who is wearing a green ring, and Hal is carrying two fist-fulls of them, and Sinestro remarks that with all those rings that his defeat is already a forgone conclusion. So Hal drops them all but one, and they fight evenly until Hal snaps his neck. But that's multiple greens, here he's wearing a few different colors, which have a few different purposes and abilities.

In both cases though, more rings, more power.

PillarofOsiris
They survived, yes - the bracers - but that instance you're thinking about nearly proved to be too much for Diana. She's blocked potent attacks before with the bracers, and the sheer force/power of them have still effected her adversely. They're a powerful defense, but by no means insumountable. And those skyfathers weren't trying to destroy Diana, either, but merely invoke a ritual for Mount Olympus.

Granted but this Superman's durability is FAR beyond Diana's. I'm honestly undecided on this fight still.

the Darkone
Odin will shove those rings up Superman a$$ without no Vaseline

the Darkone
Granted but this Superman's durability is FAR beyond Diana's. I'm honestly undecided on this fight still.

Wow really erm u really think Superman has a shot against elite Sky Father in Odin at his best, wow!! Superman doesn't have a chance at all, this isn't bias it's base on feats and facts, Odin is way above Superman pay grade, this Superman is powerful but Odin vastly more powerful and too damn versatile, if ur undecided u need to burn your comics because ur unbelief.

h1a8
Odin will shove those rings up Superman a$$ without no Vaseline Not before Superman makes Odin eat them along with his own teeth.

Silent Master
Not before Superman makes Odin eat them along with his own teeth.

LOL!!!!

SquallX
Both sides is downplaying the other.

the Darkone
Not before Superman makes Odin eat them along with his own teeth.

STFU no one was talking to you troll!

h1a8
STFU no one was talking to you troll!

You are the troll constantly making insults and such.
Trolls derail the thread to insult people

If I said something you disagree with then argue against it or simply ignore me. But don't insult.

Just debate and stop trolling.
For real!

Mindset
STFU no one was talking to you troll! Don't you dare talk to him like that!

h1a8, are you ok, buddy?

armedforbattle
http://www.troll.me/images/45g/modz-y-u-no-close-this-thread.jpg

the Darkone
Don't you dare talk to him like that!

h1a8, are you ok, buddy?

what your going to do about it big grin

the Darkone
You are the troll constantly making insults and such.
Trolls derail the thread to insult people

If I said something you disagree with then argue against it or simply ignore me. But don't insult.

Just debate and stop trolling.
For real!

Your the troll, let's not get this twisted. You dont debate you argue for the sake of arguing and you are wrong 99.8% of the time, kick your pride to the curb and you will see that. You cant even back up your statements, you do this all the time and consistently low balling characters especially when they go against against Superman, you have no credence at all. We all disagree yes, but you impose what you are thinking and saying is correct, where panel feats, statements says otherwise. You only have so called 50 issues of Thor and that makes you an expert on Thor and Odin, it doesn't I have over 200 but clearly Jake, Rage, and others have have more and know the history of Odin better than me.

SquallX
Don't you dare talk to him like that!

h1a8, are you ok, buddy?

That's so sweet.

bbrem123
omg to the superman wanking...its absurd

Odin destroys superman

Sin I AM
Why do u guys take h1 so serious

gogogadgetgo

hmm...coz he's like that one little piece of poop that just wont flush down even after 100 flushes. Its nothing really, but it drives you mad! stick out tongue

bbrem123
haha I definitely saw a few other wankers out there in this thread.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by SquallX
Both sides is downplaying the other.

thumb up

-Pr-
Originally posted by armedforbattle
http://www.troll.me/images/45g/modz-y-u-no-close-this-thread.jpg

Because.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>