If A Person Can React To Things Happening In Femtoseconds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
The comic character flash can react to things occurring at Femtoseconds.

What exactly would the world look like to someonewho sees things in femtoseconds?

Also

The comic character has a feat of running as fast 1 Trillion Times The Speed Of light .

How long would it take him to run across the milky way galaxy?

Colossus-Big C
Also This Camera Captures 1 Trillion Frames Per Second

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2191451/The-camera-TRILLION-pictures-second--making-fast-watch-beams-light-travelling-slow-motion.html

Lestov16
If they could see faster than the speed of light, they could possibly predict quantum superpositions of events and choose the specific eigenstate they want, thus allowing proto-reality alteration.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lestov16
If they could see faster than the speed of light

This reminds me of the Atom in JLA being able to see while smaller than an electron.

Lord Lucien
Or the kids in the magic school bus who were shrunk to the size of molecules but could still breathe air.

Yurika
Cannot imagine what will happen, interesting topic

Darth Jello
The world would be very, very slow, his body would be extremely different to account for the extreme forces, he may have trouble seeing things when at a standstill, and unless he functioned by warping space, he'd have serious problems slowing down and with time travel when running at full speed.

Mindship
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
What exactly would the world look like to someonewho sees things in femtoseconds?Let's say -- with normal perception -- I see someone sneeze, which lasts about a second. You have femtosecond perception, so you can see things which happen a million billion times faster, or, ordinary things (like a sneeze) appear to be a million billion times slower. So a sneeze would appear to last to you what a million billion seconds -- or about 300 million years -- would last to me.

The comic character has a feat of running as fast 1 Trillion Times The Speed Of light. How long would it take him to run across the milky way galaxy? This can be easily calculated. I'll get ya started...
- The galaxy is 100,000 lightyears across. It takes light 100,000 years to cross it, or about 32 trillion seconds. That's lightspeed.
- At a trillion times lightspeed...well, you can take it from here...

I did this fast before breakfast. Hopefully my numbers are accurate. smokin'

Mindship
Originally posted by Mindship
- The galaxy is 100,000 lightyears across. It takes light 100,000 years to cross it, or about 3.2 trillion seconds. Post-breakfast correction.

Oliver North
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This reminds me of the Atom in JLA being able to see while smaller than an electron.

I was going to bring up this "non-photonic-vision" issue

TheGodKiller
If they could see faster than the speed of light, they could possibly predict quantum superpositions of events and choose the specific eigenstate they want, thus allowing proto-reality alteration.
That'd just make them oracles or seers. Reality alteration(of any kind) doesn't seem a feasible by-product at all.

TheGodKiller
What exactly would the world look like to someonewho sees things in femtoseconds?
Very slow.

How long would it take him to run across the milky way galaxy?
Edit: Around ten-millionth of a year. Or 3.15 seconds approximately.
Also This Camera Captures 1 Trillion Frames Per Second

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2191451/The-camera-TRILLION-pictures-second--making-fast-watch-beams-light-travelling-slow-motion.html
That's still a thousand times slower than what a femtosecond processing vision could achieve.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Oliver North
I was going to bring up this "non-photonic-vision" issue

He saw with the Priesthood. pained

Astner
facepalm

You have to had taken a dive into the shallow end of the pool. Because this has to be one of the most stupid things I've ever read.

Lord Lucien
You must not read very much.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Astner
facepalm

You have to had taken a dive into the shallow end of the pool. Because this has to be one of the most stupid things I've ever read.

Quantum, Astner, it works because of quantum 313

Astner
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You must not read very much.
More than most I'd think.

Quantum, Astner, it works because of quantum 313
Yeah, no, that's not quite how it works.

TheGodKiller
He was referring to the pseudo-scientific quantum voodoo in Lestov's post. Sarcasm is clearly not your cup of tea.

Oliver North
or: he is just really good at it

Omega Vision
Physics is serious business, guys.

I actually somewhat agree with Astner though (eww).

Symmetric Chaos

You don't understand the Zen of the quantum universe.

*waves arms wildly*

Mindset
More than most I'd think.

Yeah, no, that's not quite how it works. That's exactly how it works.

Read a book, noob.

Mindship
I sense impending decoherence.

Oliver North
poor Astner...

he really steps in it sometimes though...

Astner
Originally posted by Oliver North
poor Astner...

he really steps in it sometimes though...
Pardon me for not thinking stupidity is funny.

Oliver North

just as a re-cap, other people are mocking you for failing to appreciate the sarcasm of a poster who agreed with you, I'm actually expressing sympathy for the fact that it was a fairly moronic thing to say in the first place and that there are people who would have said what Sym did in a serious way.

however, damn, that must suck, stupidity is one of the greatest comedic forces in the universe, imho

Symmetric Chaos

Since you've given me the power to decide . . . no. I declare you guilty on one count of not thinking stupidity is funny and sentence you to five years hard labor in a federal humor refinery (you see, puns are one of the world's vital humors and thus can't be mined like traditional one liners).

Mindship
I declare you guilty on one count of not thinking stupidity is funny and sentence you to five years hard labor in a federal humor refinery... Wow. I would've thought three years KMC community service.

Lord Lucien
Pardon me for not thinking stupidity is funny. Wow. You are one uptight un-fun wad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.