Captain America vs. Nolan's Batman trilogy team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Steve Rogers (First Avenger and Avengers film):
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Copy-of-Marvels-The-Avengers.jpg

vs.

Nolan's trilogy team:

- Bane
- Batman
- Catwoman
- Joker
- Ra's al Ghul
- Scarecrow.

Rules/Notes:

- Everyone is in character

- The fight takes place in Gotham at night.

Who wins and why?

steverules_2
Is he taking them all on at once? Or is he taking them on in order of Bane to Scarecrow or the other way around? Does Cap have his shield?

Mini Bennett
Yes, he takes them all on at the same time and he has his shield.

KingD19
He beats all of them with almost no issues. He stumbles a little when Bane starts to talk.

Newjak
Yeah Cap beats them all.

Robtard
Team probably wins due to the Joker shooting Captain America in the back and anyone else on the team that happens to be in the way.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100503202855/batman/images/c/c3/001MovieTheJoker%27sGun_01.jpg

Other than that, Ra's with his sword is about the only other guy with a chance if Roger's is distracted enough.

KingD19
If it took an alien invasion and being surrounded for several minutes for him to finally get shot, Joker's not the one to do it.

BruceSkywalker
bane solos..

cap swings, bane blocks, ko's cap with punch .. for good measure crane sprays cap with fear toxin

Silent Master
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
bane solos..

cap swings, bane blocks, ko's cap with punch .. for good measure crane sprays cap with fear toxin

LOL!!!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL!!!

im having fun..

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
If it took an alien invasion and being surrounded for several minutes for him to finally get shot, Joker's not the one to do it.

Unlike the Chitauri, a few of these guy aren't idiots who don't use tactics.

Now if Cap takes out the Joker first before he starts mowing his ass down, he likely mops up the rest rarely easily. Ra's with a sword would be the second biggest threat. Scarecrow is too, but only if he has someone distracting Cap, otherwise he gets his nancy ass crushed in one hit.

FrothByte
Does the team get weapons? If it's purely melee, then Cap can crawl through a win. But if the team has weapons, heck, Batman should have enough firepower on his own to give Cap trouble. Adding the rest of the team would be a bit too much.

BruceSkywalker
LOL!!!

in all honesty if this were Cap vs them each one on on, he shouldn't have a problem, but since Cap has to take them all at once then he'll lose... Cap has to somehow take them out before he gets taken out.. Crane's fear toxin if it does get indeed sprayed in Cap's face, his fate is sealed.. Cap also I think has to take out Bane quickly..

Originally posted by FrothByte
Does the team get weapons? If it's purely melee, then Cap can crawl through a win. But if the team has weapons, heck, Batman should have enough firepower on his own to give Cap trouble. Adding the rest of the team would be a bit too much.

there's no reason not to think the team has their weapons

Silent Master
Cap took out way more than 6 aliens and they had superhuman stats and laser rifles.

I don't see him having much of a problem.

Mindset
Cap ko's all of them with one shield throw.

FrothByte
Cap took out way more than 6 aliens and they had superhuman stats and laser rifles.

I don't see him having much of a problem.

Superhuman stats? I'm not sure where you got that. I'm thinking they're above the average human, but not even anywhere near Cap's stats, and Cap is one of the lowest level superhumans we've seen. BW and Hawkeye were beating up those aliens h2h, and they weren't superhumans.

Cap had trouble with one guy and a rifle while in the hellicarrier. Plus Batman doesn't only come with guns.

If we're talking about 6 random fodder, then yes, Cap takes them out easily. But these 6 aren't exactly your standard thugs. Even Catwoman alone took out multiple thugs barehanded.

Like I said, if this fight was without weapons, then yes, Cap could definitely win it, but not as easily as some would think.

With weapons, Cap gets killed. He's good, but not that good.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
Cap ko's all of them with one shield throw.

Get over it.

Silent Master
Superhuman stats? I'm not sure where you got that. I'm thinking they're above the average human, but not even anywhere near Cap's stats, and Cap is one of the lowest level superhumans we've seen. BW and Hawkeye were beating up those aliens h2h, and they weren't superhumans.

Cap had trouble with one guy and a rifle while in the hellicarrier. Plus Batman doesn't only come with guns.

If we're talking about 6 random fodder, then yes, Cap takes them out easily. But these 6 aren't exactly your standard thugs. Even Catwoman alone took out multiple thugs barehanded.

Like I said, if this fight was without weapons, then yes, Cap could definitely win it, but not as easily as some would think.

With weapons, Cap gets killed. He's good, but not that good.

I got it from the jumping out of their flying craft and smashing cars when they land, unless you've got feats of people with normal human stats doing the same?

marwash22
With weapons what weapons? Joker's standard gear was knives and lint.

these people don't have guns.

FrothByte
Originally posted by marwash22
what weapons? Joker's standard gear was knives and lint.

these people don't have guns.

Joker used guns about as often as he used his knives. He even carried a missile launcher at one point. But even if he didn't carry guns:

Scarecrow has his toxins. Batman has his batarangs and pellets and all the other stuff he didn't use on Bane.

Bane has his... well forget him.

Ra's usually has a sword.

Granted it's not much, but considering how skilled these people are, ganging up on Cap with weapons is not going to be easy on Cap.

FrothByte
I got it from the jumping out of their flying craft and smashing cars when they land, unless you've got feats of people with normal human stats doing the same?

And yet BW's normal kicks and punches were enough to put them down...

marwash22
Joker used guns about as often as he used his knives. He even carried a missile launcher at one point. But even if he didn't carry guns nah, bruh. OP doesn't say anything about guns and guns are not apart of Joker's standard equipment in the movie.

Cap used guns more often than Joker did, so if Joker gets guns so does Cap; and if Cap gets a gun the Nolan characters are even more screwed.

Scarecrow has his toxins. Batman has his batarangs and pellets and all the other stuff he didn't use on Bane.he would never get the opportunity to use it.

Ra's usually has a sword. lol. He may as well have Joker's pencil.

Granted it's not much, but considering how skilled these people are, ganging up on Cap with weapons is not going to be easy on Cap. Ras, Bruce and Bane are very skilled, but they have human level stats. Cap is too fast and too strong.

Mindset
And yet BW's normal kicks and punches were enough to put them down... Nope.

The Silent Hero
All at the same time is kind of silly. If Ra's, Bane, Batman, and Catwoman all ran at him from all sides he would go down.

In a gauntlet he would own though.

marwash22
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
All at the same time is kind of silly. If Ra's, Bane, Batman, and Catwoman all ran at him from all sides he would go down.

lol no.

He can easily outrun them.

He can easily jump over them.

They aren't boxing him in.

wallman77
lol no.

He can easily outrun them.

He can easily jump over them.

They aren't boxing him in.

ths. cap rapes. crane has to get up close and personal to use his toxins and getting close to cap would be...ill advised. and if crane tries to spray from a distance he risks spraying the others. he would most likely let the others charge cap and hope to sneak in while they hold him down. but cap will deal with everybody's case fairly easily. ra's is the biggest threat among the rest tho. but not really saying much. cap swats catwoman away like a fly. she literally goes flying. joker shoots, cap rolls, blocks, throws shield, knocks out joker. pimp slaps batman into next yr. tanks a couple punches from bane before an uppercut brakes his jaw or just messes up his mask. all the while dodging ra's till his shield returns and finishes him off.

Silent Master
People need to watch the Captain America and Avengers movies again, there is no way 6 basically normal humans are beating Cap.

Newjak
And yet BW's normal kicks and punches were enough to put them down... I might have to rewatch the movie but I'm pretty sure BW and Hawkeye never took out an alien without some form of weapon. Even still Natasha was bad@$$ who would beat any single Nolan-verse character in one on one combat. She could probably beat Batman and Ras at the same time.

Nolan-verse characters were more grounded in reality, while Natasha was allowed to go full blown comic book style fighting which means her combat prowess basically serves as a super power.

Cap wins this. He's far stronger than Bane, far faster than Catwoman, and a very good fighter in his own right.

He is going to mop the floor with these guys.

NotAllThatEvil
I think what most of y'all are forgetting is that two of those people are part of the league of shadows and ones a cat burglar. They're not gonna run out in front of cap and say "HERE I AM! COME AND GET IT!", especialy if they're on their own turf. While joker or scarecrow are causing a distraction Ra's will just sneek up behind him and stabby stab stab.

Nibedicus
What's the fear toxin gonna do to Cap anyway? Aside from making him want to shield smash (in the face!) the freaky looking images rushing towards him. stick out tongue

And didn't poppa stark design Cap's suit to be resistant to small arms fire? Joker shooting him won't be that much of an issue.

marwash22
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I think what most of y'all are forgetting is that two of those people are part of the league of shadows and ones a cat burglar. They're not gonna run out in front of cap and say "HERE I AM! COME AND GET IT!", especialy if they're on their own turf. While joker or scarecrow are causing a distraction Ra's will just sneek up behind him and stabby stab stab.

Where in the OP does it say that everyone is hidden when the fight starts?

Stop it.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Newjak
I might have to rewatch the movie but I'm pretty sure BW and Hawkeye never took out an alien without some form of weapon.

Hawkeye KOed one off a building with his bow.

nah, bruh. OP doesn't say anything about guns and guns are not apart of Joker's standard equipment in the movie.

Cap used guns more often than Joker did, so if Joker gets guns so does Cap; and if Cap gets a gun the Nolan characters are even more screwed.

thumb up
Originally posted by Nibedicus
What's the fear toxin gonna do to Cap anyway? Aside from making him want to shield smash (in the face!) the freaky looking images rushing towards him. stick out tongue

And didn't poppa stark design Cap's suit to be resistant to small arms fire? Joker shooting him won't be that much of an issue.

What does Cap fear anyways??smile He'll just see goons and he'll smash em good.

~
Once Cap realizes none of these goons have guns he dashes towards the first opponent. If any strafe him he jumps. He is too strong for this gang...maybe.
Batman is the only challenge with his flurry of Bats tech and smoke bombs and possibly the ability to turn out the lights....the fight takes place in Gotham so Batman can blind Cap easily.

Batman can still win this for the team. Though the location is huge and Cap can just jump.

Cap 9/10.

KingD19
Cap gets at least 3 rebounds off of Skulls with his shield. And since people usually get some basic knowledge beforehand. He'll know that in an actual fight, Batman, Ra's, Bane, and Catty are the would be threats. They get taken down first.

the ninjak
Cap gets at least 3 rebounds off of Skulls with his shield. And since people usually get some basic knowledge beforehand. He'll know that in an actual fight, Batman, Ra's, Bane, and Catty are the would be threats. They get taken down first.

Basic knowledge of characters only goes so far in regards to the Nolan characters. Especially since almost all of their feats aren't captured on camera or known by the populace.

But Captain America....Everybody would know who he is and how he fights considering the Avengers film. People would've been filming his feats with every I-phone in the adjacent area, plus his past historical feats.

KingD19
Knowledge on Cap doesn't help them. But basic vs forum rules is that they have basic knowledge on each other. At least enough to give them a fighting chance. That helps Cap tremendously, but a bunch of normal people knowing about a super soldier doesn't make them any more capable of not dying.

the ninjak
Knowledge on Cap doesn't help them. But basic vs forum rules is that they have basic knowledge on each other. At least enough to give them a fighting chance. That helps Cap tremendously, but a bunch of normal people knowing about a super soldier doesn't make them any more capable of not dying.

True, hence my giving Cap the easy win.

Newjak
I think what most of y'all are forgetting is that two of those people are part of the league of shadows and ones a cat burglar. They're not gonna run out in front of cap and say "HERE I AM! COME AND GET IT!", especialy if they're on their own turf. While joker or scarecrow are causing a distraction Ra's will just sneek up behind him and stabby stab stab. Cap was able to hear/spot/sense a sniper in a tree that bunch of highly trained soldiers didn't even know was there.

I don't think anyone is going to easily sneak up on Cap.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by The Silent Hero

In a gauntlet he would own though.

Cap would more then likely one shot them all. even if they all charged him from all sides. None of them are anywhere near his level.

honestly he will more then likely be one hit koing them all. At best joker gets a stab in the back but I doubt he will even be able to do that. Captain America isn't going to just stand there and let them all come at him. Hes going to do a shield throw at one person then run up to the next with a punch. Thats 2 KO's right there in less then a few seconds. More if he banks his shield throw off of banes mask to hit someone else.

NotAllThatEvil
Where in the OP does it say that everyone is hidden when the fight starts?

Stop it.
they put them in gotham. Bane ruled that city for threeish months, ras has been working the underground there since bruce was at least 8, it's batman's city. I'm pretty sure one of them would notice they were out classed(world's greates detective) and try to retreat and/or regroup. If batman can get to his cave he gots a tank, assault helicopter thing, and a legion a furry flying fiends to back him up. What's cap gonna do? Throw his sheild at them?

marwash22
they put them in gotham. Bane ruled that city for threeish months, ras has been working the underground there since bruce was at least 8, it's batman's city. I'm pretty sure one of them would notice they were out classed(world's greates detective) and try to retreat and/or regroup. If batman can get to his cave he gots a tank, assault helicopter thing, and a legion a furry flying fiends to back him up. bermm

What's cap gonna do? Throw his sheild at them? errrm, yes.

did you watch Captain America? He's easily fast enough to catch them all even if they all tried running in different directions.

Anyhow, that's irrelevant because none of these people are the type to run away from a fight.

Silent Master
LOL!!!

wallman77
they put them in gotham. Bane ruled that city for threeish months, ras has been working the underground there since bruce was at least 8, it's batman's city. I'm pretty sure one of them would notice they were out classed(world's greates detective) and try to retreat and/or regroup. If batman can get to his cave he gots a tank, assault helicopter thing, and a legion a furry flying fiends to back him up. What's cap gonna do? Throw his sheild at them?

lamo

NotAllThatEvil
I concede that Cap is stronger than any of them maybe even stronger than a few of them combined, but he is NOT that fast. He's fast but nowhere near superhuman. Him and bats probably clock out about the same.

marwash22
I concede that Cap is stronger than any of them maybe even stronger than a few of them combined, but he is NOT that fast. He's fast but nowhere near superhuman. Him and bats probably clock out about the same. Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL!!! Originally posted by wallman77
lamo

Robtard
Fighting speed, I'm trying to recall Captain America being superhuman, I can't. Anyone have a scene in mind that supports this?

Running though, he could outrun any of these fools.

marwash22
fighting speed isn't what was being questioned... the guy thinks Steve and Bruce run at the same speed.

lulzy.

Robtard
fighting speed isn't what was being questioned... the guy thinks Steve and Bruce run at the same speed.

lulzy.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/iliveinpa/Gifs/9271.gif

NotAllThatEvil
No. Rogers is probably faster than any olympic athlete in a sprint. But reaction time and fighting speed, you have to admit they're pretty close.

marwash22
There's no probably about it. Usain Bolt is the fastest man irl and he only runs like 25 mph... Steve chased down a car that was going at least 30 mph.

But yeah, Steve's faster than Bruce in reaction speed as well. Check the end of Avengers when those cops asked why they should take orders from him. Bruce ain't replicating that.

But anyhow, why are you even making that an issue? You said Steve couldn't outrun them, which is false. Whether they have similar reaction speed is irrelevant due to Steve being waaaaay stronger than Bruce. A Shield throw would shatter the bones of any of these people.

NotAllThatEvil
Well how about the fact steve is human. A super steroided human but still human. Meaning that if ban gets a solid punch in, Cap might back off. If Ras gets a stab in, Caps gonna bleed. If batman runs him over with a sportstank, he ain't getting back up.
Also, I saw the end of avengers and his speed and reaction was good but nothing super about it. Any one with a decent amount of traing coild pull it off(likely with less force, but speedwise pull it off). Now if only any of the nolan characters had any sort of training in different figjting styles or taking out someone bigger than you, or perhaps some hightech weaponry, or maybe some sort of toxin that could slow him down or make him not think straight...Oh wait.

Robtard
Well how about the fact steve is human. A super steroided human but still human.

lol

Silent Master
Loki's hits weren't making Cap back off, what chance does Bane have of even slowing Cap down?

NotAllThatEvil
Loki hit the sheild.

Robtard
Loki hit the sheild.

Do you think any "super roided human" could take a blast from one of those Chitauri rifles and live, let alone shrug it off in seconds?

marwash22
Well how about the fact steve is human. A super steroided human but still human. Meaning that if ban gets a solid punch in, Cap might back off. If Ras gets a stab in, Caps gonna bleed. If batman runs him over with a sportstank, he ain't getting back up. That's a whole lotta ifs and none of them are remotely likely to occur.

Now if only any of the nolan characters had any sort of training in different figjting styles or taking out someone bigger than you, none of them have training in fighting someone who can lift a goddamn motorcycle with 3 women sitting on it clear above his head. Again, Cap is waaaaay too strong and fast for any of their martial arts to matter.

or perhaps some hightech weaponry, irrelevant.

they will be dead before they can get to it.

or maybe some sort of toxin that could slow him down or make him not think straight...Oh wait. see above.

But also, what's that fear toxin gonna do? It makes you see weird shit. You think making Steve lose control of his senses is a good thing? The guy will likely break their bones with restrained punches, if the gas were to get to him and he started seeing them as monsters or whatever, he'd stop holding back and likely kill them.

NotAllThatEvil
Considering the sheild is made from vibranium which defuses kinetict energy like a sponge, and that the same crestures could be taken down with a bow and freaking arrow and a were abled to be ridden like a pony when a tiny knife went in there back...yeah

Silent Master
Loki hit the sheild.

Wrong, Loki hit Cap twice...one of the times being after he disarmed Cap.

You should really have watched the movie before trying to debate it.

Robtard
Considering the sheild is made from vibranium which defuses kinetict energy like a sponge, and that the same crestures could be taken down with a bow and freaking arrow and a were abled to be ridden like a pony when a tiny knife went in there back...yeah

Is this to me? Cos it's crazy if so.

KingD19
Yet the Chitauri were durable enough to fall several stories and demolish cars by landing on them.

BlackZero30x

first of all batman wasn't "the worlds greatest detective" in the nolan verse. Next it doesn't matter if they tried to run or not. One shield throw would equal at least 2 KO's if not more and he could very easily catch the others.

This isn't Cap wanking either but The only way cap loses is if you give them all guns and let the surround him from the start. The nolan verse is by no means realistic but based a lot more in realism then any of the marvel movies.

NotAllThatEvil
Yet the Chitauri were durable enough to fall several stories and demolish cars by landing on them.
Wow. You're right. If only another super hero was on their team whou could do that while holding his screaming ex-girlfriend in his second movie.

Newjak
Wow. You're right. If only another super hero was on their team whou could do that while holding his screaming ex-girlfriend in his second movie. Batman was using one of his arm gliders to slow their decent and he was still hurt after the fall. The aliens just dropped down like nothing was bothering them.

marwash22
lol, hardly the same thing.

Silent Master
Wow. You're right. If only another super hero was on their team whou could do that while holding his screaming ex-girlfriend in his second movie.

So, Loki never hit Cap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u5iAmk6CCs

marwash22
that scene also proves that Cap fights faster than Bruce ever showed capable.

NotAllThatEvil
Not with an energy blast. And when he did cap dude went flying. This kinda proves my point of technique>raw power. Having three members of the league of shadows can probably give Cap a decent fight without any of their gear. With it cap will be outmached.

What do you mean faster? I don't know how to post video but watch batman begins training montage.

Robtard
He was hit by a Chitauri energy blast though, right on the ribs/abdomen.

Newjak
Not with an energy blast. And when he did cap dude went flying. This kinda proves my point of technique>raw power. Having three members of the league of shadows can probably give Cap a decent fight without any of their gear. With it cap will be outmached. Um

Loki's raw power >>>>>>>>>>>> Cap

Silent Master
Not with an energy blast. And when he did cap dude went flying. This kinda proves my point of technique>raw power. Having three members of the league of shadows can probably give Cap a decent fight without any of their gear. With it cap will be outmached.

Loki is stronger than everyone on the DC team combined and his hits barely slowed Cap down.

How exactly does that prove your point?

BlackZero30x

I hope your just trolling.....

marwash22
i'm starting to get that vibe. Either trolling, or a huge DC fanboy.

NotAllThatEvil
Um

Loki's raw power >>>>>>>>>>>> Cap
i meant even though loki was was way stronger, cap was able to slow him down a little bit. Obviously he can't take him down being human.

Other humans at close power should give him a good fight (bruce kicked right through concrete with a bad leg)

Newjak
Loki is stronger than everyone on the DC team combined and his hits barely slowed Cap down.

How exactly does that prove your point? His hits hurt Cap, plus Loki was trying to get captured.

So he wasn't going all out. Loki going all out would have probably destroyed Cap.

Robtard

If it's the later, he can have the comfort of knowing that this film Batman would wreck Captain America.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/batman-robin-running.gif

BlackZero30x
Yea it really feels that way.

i meant even though loki was was way stronger, cap was able to slow him down a little bit. Obviously he can't take him down being human.

Other humans at close power should give him a good fight (bruce kicked right through concrete with a bad leg)

Cap far exceeds a kick through concrete.

Silent Master
His hits hurt Cap, plus Loki was trying to get captured.

So he wasn't going all out. Loki going all out would have probably destroyed Cap.

Oh I know Loki wasn't going all out, but even holding back massively, he's still stronger than the entire DC team.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Robtard
If it's the later, he can have the comfort of knowing that this film Batman would wreck Captain America.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/batman-robin-running.gif

lol with his anti captain america spray!

Silent Master

Cap only slowed him down because Loki wanted to be caught.

Newjak
Oh I know Loki wasn't going all out, but even holding back massively, he's still stronger than the entire DC team. Oh definitely.

Loki could sit lay down and take a nap while the Batman team tried to beat on him.

NotAllThatEvil
Adam west batman could one shot hulk.

I have no doupt in my mind that Cap would beat Bats, or Bane, or Ras. But all of them at once, in gotham, with scarecrow gas floating around(the stuff those guys trained with to get better control of themselves). You guys have to admit even if Cap does win, it would be pretty close.

KingD19
No, not it wouldn't.

None of them are strong enough to hurt him. All of them get one shotted. The only real threat is Ra's and his sword, but he dies all the same.

Newjak
I don't know how close it would really be.

Cap is just so much stronger and faster and more agile than any of them.

I can't picture any scenario where most of them aren't on the ground from one or two Cap punch/kick combos.

BlackZero30x
No.

As someone mentioned before fear gas is only a death sentence for the team. None of them even have the power to temporarily disable him. Honestly this is a stomp in Caps favor.

Robtard

I have no doupt in my mind that Cap would beat Bats, or Bane, or Ras. But all of them at once, in gotham, with scarecrow gas floating around(the stuff those guys trained with to get better control of themselves). You guys have to admit even if Cap does win, it would be pretty close.

Joker without a gun = Cap one shots all of them while shrugging off any damage they inflict.

Ra's sword might pose a problem, but it likely gets broken and Ra's hand gets shattered.

KingD19
Remember when Cap backhanded that guy completely over that APC?

/thread

NotAllThatEvil
How about batman's wearing bullet proof armor, or use their ninja art of distraction, OR RUN HIM OVER WITH THE BATMOBILE.
also, dudes not very good with women. Have selena seduce him then stab him in the back.

I don't know where you guys are getting that he's super durable. When him and thor were fighting the aliens, he got knocked down and had to take a breather. He's still human. He's not just diet hulk.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Robtard
Joker without a gun = Cap one shots all of them while shrugging off any damage they inflict.

Ra's sword might pose a problem, but it likely gets broken and Ra's hand gets shattered.

even joker with a gun might not stop him unless its a behind the back surprise attack.

KingD19
How about batman's wearing bullet proof armor, or use their ninja art of distraction, OR RUN HIM OVER WITH THE BATMOBILE.
also, dudes not very good with women. Have selena seduce him then stab him in the back.

I don't know where you guys are getting that he's super durable. When him and thor were fighting the aliens, he got knocked down and had to take a breather. He's still human. He's not just diet hulk.

He got shot in the stomach by the same energy blasts that had Hulk on the ropes.

And bulletproof armor doesn't stop punches of Cap's caliber.

Newjak

I don't know where you guys are getting that he's super durable. When him and thor were fighting the aliens, he got knocked down and had to take a breather. He's still human. He's not just diet hulk. After getting shot with an Alien weapon that could knock down Ironman.

Robtard

I don't know where you guys are getting that he's super durable.

The movies. He is.

Silent Master

Not really, Cap sends armored soldiers flying 10-20 feet with punches and kicks during his movie and can take hits from people far stronger than anyone of the DC team.

If they're lucky, it might take him 2 hits each to put them down.

Silent Master

He was knocked down by an energy blast, blasts that were blowing up cars and knocking Iron-man around.

BlackZero30x

You are underestimating Cap greatly and over estimating the nolan verse greatly.

Cap is super human not just human. Dude I get you love the nolan verse batman crew and thats fine...heck you could truly believe they are superior but the fact is not even an entire team of them could take him down.

No one is saying he is "diet hulk" if he were this would be even easier for him.

NotAllThatEvil
... What the bull. When was Cap shot anywhere but his sheild? Dude is still human. He IS NOT BULLET PROOF. the only time he showed any incredible durability was when loki hit him in the stomach, which you guys pointed out he was holding back. And he never fought armored baddies in his movie(except that one guy who killed bucky, but he didn't go flying.)
also i actually do like marvel more than dc (movies anyway. The last batman was stupid) but just cause the movie was better doesn't mean they're a better fighter.

Silent Master
... What the bull. When was Cap shot anywhere but his sheild? Dude is still human. He IS NOT BULLET PROOF. the only time he showed any incredible durability was when loki hit him in the stomach, which you guys pointed out he was holding back. And he never fought armored baddies in his movie(except that one guy who killed bucky, but he didn't go flying.)

Cap was shot by an energy rifle while fighting next to Thor and yes several of the soldiers did go flying when he hit/kicked them during his solo movie.

Newjak
... What the bull. When was Cap shot anywhere but his sheild? Dude is still human. He IS NOT BULLET PROOF. the only time he showed any incredible durability was when loki hit him in the stomach, which you guys pointed out he was holding back. And he never fought armored baddies in his movie(except that one guy who killed bucky, but he didn't go flying.) He was shot by the nergy blast that could destroy cars and knock Iron-man around, also his body armor is bulelt proof.

He took punches from Red Skull, the same Red Skull who could dent solid metal with his punches. All it did was give Cap a bloody lip.

All of the soldiers he fought wore body armor. That's what their suits were.

BlackZero30x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpUIlV95Qwc

KingD19
So you didn't see Avengers?

When he got blasted in the stomach and it destroyed his suit, but aside from knocking him down, he was okay.

He showed durability when he fought Loki, when he fought Red Skull, during the Chitauri fight, etc.. He hit an armored soldier with a shield backhand and he went flying over an APC.

You've gotta be trolling.

NotAllThatEvil
I punched a locker once. Totally left a dent. I bet i could take on redskull too.

I'm not saying he's not durable, just if you shot him in the head(or ran him over with the batmobile. Why has no one adressed that) he'd go down. Five vary capable fighters should give him a good fight. At least till Bats comes back with tank.

KingD19
I punched a locker once. Totally left a dent. I bet i could take on redskull too.

I'm not saying he's not durable, just if you shot him in the head(or ran him over with the batmobile. Why has no one adressed that) he'd go down. Five vary capable fighters should give him a good fight. At least till Bats comes back with tank.

A locker is a thin sheet of metal. Cap's shield was an actual shield that stood up to bullets. Try and punch one and see if your hand isn't broken.

And for Batman to run and go get the Batmobile would probably be considered a BFR.

BlackZero30x
...sigh

what does punching and denting a locker have to do with the red skull?

HE IS SUPERIOR TO ALL OF THEM. None of them not even together is on his level. He is not just human like you keep saying.

NotAllThatEvil
... Please don't think i'm an idiot, but what does BFR mean?

marwash22
battlefield removal.

Silent Master

Metal shield >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a locker.

NotAllThatEvil
battlefield removal.
oh. Thanks.

And it is not. They fight in gotham. Gotham is where batman keeps his stuff.

marwash22
Since the OP just says Gotham, i would agree that batman could go wherever he wanted to as long as he stays within Gotham City's borders.

but he'd get ko'd or killed before he could make it to his cave. lol

KingD19
But as he doesn't start in the Batmobile, the time it would take for him to hoof it allllll the way to Wayne Manor, then go through the Batcave, then drive through that secret tunnel that leads all the way out of town, then drive back into town would count as BFR in my opnion.

If it doesn't though, I agree with Mar.

Cap would know to take Bruce down first as he's the only one with gear.

NotAllThatEvil
Thats what the toxin is for. If something that scares you silly is running away, your first instinct isn't stop it.
Also bats keeps his bike and bat in the city making it easier to get to.

KingD19
Do you know what the Super Soldier Serum did to Steve? It enhanced all his natural aspects to superhuman levels. His bravery was already through the roof, as he stood up to a guy who would have put him in the hospital for being disrespectful. Jumped on a grenade, and risked imprisonment just because he wanted to fight for his country. It boosted that just as much as it boosted his muscles and skills. If it would even work on him, all it would do is piss him off.

NotAllThatEvil
And he'd take his anger out on two punching bags named jocker and scarecrow. Steve is in unfamiliar territory that batman seems to know backwards and forwards. Also grapple plus glider cape means he doesn't have to "hoof it".

Silent Master
So now the fight takes place on a roof so that Batman has an easier time running away?

KingD19
He sure is making Batman out to look like a sissy who can't fight without his car.

NotAllThatEvil
No but you're forgetting batman's main training was disappearing like a ninja. His main thing he does is now you see him. Now you don't. With smoke bombs, a team of distractions, and toxin that messes with your brain, batman should have no problem sneaking off to his toys.

Newjak
No but you're forgetting batman's main training was disappearing like a ninja. His main thing he does is now you see him. Now you don't. With smoke bombs, a team of distractions, and toxin that messes with your brain, batman should have no problem sneaking off to his toys. Yeah and Cap was able to sense a trained sniper in a tree no one else knew was there, and knocked him out before he could do anything.

I don't Batman is going to be sneaking away from Cap as easily as you think.

KingD19
They aren't distractions. More like minor annoyances who might take up a few seconds of Cap's time at most. And so what if Batman goes and gets the Batmobile? Cap jumps on top, smashes his way in, and drives off with a new toy for the Avengers.

Silent Master
No but you're forgetting batman's main training was disappearing like a ninja. His main thing he does is now you see him. Now you don't. With smoke bombs, a team of distractions, and toxin that messes with your brain, batman should have no problem sneaking off to his toys.

You're forgetting that Cap has a ranged weapon and is faster than Batman.

NotAllThatEvil
The batmobile is a tank. That can jump, roll over, play dead, and launch missiles. If cap can jump on it, and hold on to it, AND bash it with his sheild, bats will just ram it through a few walls before Cap does any real damage.

BlackZero30x
I wanna ask a question. What makes batman such a great fighter in these movies? What has he done that quantifies him as a great fighter?

Silent Master
The batmobile is a tank. That can jump, roll over, play dead, and launch missiles. If cap can jump on it, and hold on to it, AND bash it with his sheild, bats will just ram it through a few walls before Cap does any real damage.

So basically, your argument is that Batman is going to run away like a coward?

KingD19
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I wanna ask a question. What makes batman such a great fighter in these movies? What has he done that quantifies him as a great fighter?

Oooo, Ooo, I know!! There was that time he uh...no.

What about when...no, that doesn't work either.

'Member...'member when those dogs bit him?

eek!

NotAllThatEvil
I don't know. The only fight they actually show was the bane and ras fights. Mostly you just see the carnage. I said i liked marvel movies better didn't I.

NotAllThatEvil
I don't know. The only fight they actually show was the bane and ras fights. Mostly you just see the carnage. I said i liked marvel movies better didn't I.
He kind of is a coward. To many cops. RUN TO THE CHOPPA. bane winning. Through smoke bombs and try to crawl away. Need to get out of a pit. Use safety rope. Man that movie was over rated.

Silent Master
Good to know that movie Batman is a coward then, he still won't be able to get away since Cap is faster and has a ranged weapon.

KingD19
Good to know that movie Batman is a coward then, he still won't be able to get away since Cap is faster and has a ranged weapon.

Batman runs away, and while Cap is beating the rest of them like naughty step children, he chucks his shield and it hits him in the back of the head.

NotAllThatEvil
And that boys and girls is why batman wears a helmet. The cowl is seriously pretty tough.

KingD19
That shield has cut through bone and broken skulls through armored helmets before.

NotAllThatEvil
The guys in his movie were whearing hazmat suits(pretty sure i spelled that wrong) because they werr using a foreign energy source and didn't know the side effects, not armor. And again snipers hide, league of shadows become completely invisible.

KingD19
No, you spelled Hazmat right. And he hit people in the face and cracked the armored helmets. They were wearing armor because that's what Red Skull's soldiers wore. Heavily armored suits. All of them.

And as pointed out earlier, Cap picked out a sniper in camouflage that wasn't even moving, when none of his teammates did.

Silent Master
And that boys and girls is why batman wears a helmet. The cowl is seriously pretty tough.

Show me a vid of Batman tanking a basebat to the head and I'll admit that he won't be ko'd by a shield strike.

BlackZero30x
Oooo, Ooo, I know!! There was that time he uh...no.

What about when...no, that doesn't work either.

'Member...'member when those dogs bit him?

eek!

lol indeed.

The point is even if they all had great fighting ability it wouldn't make up for caps abilities. He's far to super powered. None of them even together have fathomed a threat like this.

The films weren't bad but in terms of being a super hero film they don't even scratch the surface of what marvel is. This batman or the rest are nothing compared to there comic book self's. While the marvel's are not as powerful they are a lot closer to there comic book self's.

BlackZero30x
Show me a vid of Batman tanking a basebat to the head and I'll admit that he won't be ko'd by a shield strike.

I wouldn't as cap showed he could punch through a sub under water. This far exceeds anything batmans armor can protect him from

NotAllThatEvil
And in batman begins Ras and Bruce walked right pas three guys, whom no one saw, then told bruce he'd teach him to do that. And what was sniper going to do? Run? Get out of the way? Batman still has the ability to dodge it get behind something. Without that sheild, Rogers is now vulnerable to Ras' swords, joker's knives, and selena's stilletos(I know i spelt that wrong)

BlackZero30x
right because caps going to ignore the rest of the group to find someone hiding in a tree....

no while batman is hidden the rest would be put down. and bruce would not only be found but would be put down also. he has nothing to offer to even put down cap.

NotAllThatEvil
How about the fact they're in a city not a forrest. Cap won't be able to jear a twig snap or smell his cologne with all the distractions of city life.

And even if they met in the middle of main street and stared eachother down western style, team nolan isn't just going to rush him(bane might). These people aren't soldiers. They hide, hit when it's not expected, then hide.

Robtard
Not sure if "Batman runs away" is in character and a valid way to win a fight.

BlackZero30x
yea so it only makes it harder for batman to hide. His grappling gun is gas powered and takes time to hook up and attach to his belt. he can't just shoot it and be gone. Whats he going to do hide under a car....maybe behind a trash can?

NotAllThatEvil
When batman feels overwhelmed, he runs(DKR he does anyway) I hate to admit it, but thats the kind of chatacter nolan made him.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
yea so it only makes it harder for batman to hide. His grappling gun is gas powered and takes time to hook up and attach to his belt. he can't just shoot it and be gone. Whats he going to do hide under a car....maybe behind a trash can?
Gotham is pretty infamous for it's dark alleys and multi layeredness. Batman would probably try hanging upside down somewhere(he seems quite fond of doing that).

BlackZero30x
Ok lets fallow your theory and assume cap wont find him. How will that help? None of batmans gadgets have the bang to put cap down and even if they could he wouldn't kill him anyways. Nothing any of them can do will even hurt him.

Silent Master
1. Fight starts
2. Batman starts to run away
3. Gets ko'd by shield throw

NotAllThatEvil
So...Diet Hulk then. Well fine. If it is no way possible for any one ever to hurt Cap, I concede defeat. It is now clear to me that Rogers could probably box Thor and Hulk into submission if he really wanted to. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. good day.

BlackZero30x
what? you don't make sense.

BlackZero30x
Bats and his crew are nothing but human level beings. Not even street levelers. Cap is super human.

Silent Master
So...Diet Hulk then. Well fine. If it is no way possible for any one ever to hurt Cap, I concede defeat. It is now clear to me that Rogers could probably box Thor and Hulk into submission if he really wanted to. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. good day.

Yes, because being able to beat 6 human level charcaters = boxing Thor and Hulk into submission. roll eyes (sarcastic)

NotAllThatEvil
Wstch the dang movie. I'll give he has super strength and is a little more durable than a normal human, but nothing he does in either movie shows him as anything more than a REALLY good soldier. He doesn't have super speed but he's been ducking plows his whole life. He isn't invulnerable but he takes what he can and dodges/sheilds what he can't. He hasn't got super soldier sense that tingles but he pays attention. He is no where near block busting either.

KingD19
Dude. No reason to be mad. Batman and the Nolan crew are painfully human in comparison to the Marvel verse. It's logical that they loose.

KingD19
Wstch the dang movie. I'll give he has super strength and is a little more durable than a normal human, but nothing he does in either movie shows him as anything more than a REALLY good soldier. He doesn't have super speed but he's been ducking plows his whole life. He isn't invulnerable but he takes what he can and dodges/sheilds what he can't. He hasn't got super soldier sense that tingles but he pays attention. He is no where near block busting either.

He's fast enough to keep up with a car, he took an energy blast to the gut and kept fighting. He's knocked people 20 feet through the air over a 10+ft tall APC. Cap's clearly superhuman and one hit will ko or severely injure everyone on the team.

Silent Master

A little more durable?

Which member of the DC team can take an energy blast to the stomach and get back up?

NotAllThatEvil
If they were fighting thor or tony or hulk. But you guys are telling me that having a tank, a flying tank, a motorcycle with big guns, four martial artists, home field advantage, a toxin that messes with your brain, a mad genieus, and grappling ropes shuriken gas pellets, and out numbering him won't do any good...y'all best be trolling.

BlackZero30x

What are you talking about? Almost everything he has done is far beyond what even Olympic level or even strong men could do. Cap is well above humans. No ones trying to be mean here but you need to understand there are levels of power just like in the books. Cap is far above anything a human could ever be.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>