OWAW Superman vs The Annihilators...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
Superman specifically as portrayed in OWAW vs the Annihilators. High feats for everyone on Annihilators is allowed. The roster is the original "Cosmic Avengers" version of the Annihilators as assembled by Nova.

Note to mods: This thread is just a natural progression of some implications made in the "Imperex Probe vs Annihilators" thread. Some posters alleged that some Annihilators could solo a probe based on high end feats. Others objected, claiming essentially that Superman during that arc was in a class that no Annihilator could touch and thus no single Annihilator could destroy a probe etc. We all know where that one is going. Please allow the thread to stand.

CosmicComet
He beats everyone there.

There are a handful of speedsters, but none on his level.

And maybe Gladiator is the one person who can compete with him in strength.

Juntai
Probes were often one shotting herald level people, Superman was one shotting probes. Do the math.

dmills
Originally posted by CosmicComet
He beats everyone there.

As a team?

pym-ftw
Bill or Glads would be a tough fight, unless Superman sundips and the annis are striken with jobberitis they beat Clark to death.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by dmills
As a team?

That's what I meant, yes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Juntai
Probes were often one shotting herald level people, Superman was one shotting probes. Do the math.

and yet, other times they wrere killed by less than people on this team.. recalculate the math..

Batman-Prime
OWAW mindset Supes stomps.

PillarofOsiris
If Superman has the sundip he had in OWAW he stomps. Not sure without it.

Silent Master
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
If Superman has the sundip he had in OWAW he stomps. Not sure without it.

Weren't he and DD destroying dozens of probes before he sundipped?

PillarofOsiris
No I agree, it's close even without the dip, but there is a lot of power on the annihilators too.

Endless Mike
They could still drain him or use red sunlight/K-radiation on him (cosmic awareness would detect the weakness). BRB also has magic. Even with sundip I don't think he can beat them when being hit by all 3 of his weaknesses at once.

carver9
High end Gladiator completely annihilated him.

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9

Shut up Carver.

Golgo13
Lol.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SquallX
Shut up Carver. thumb up

dmills

He has no high end showings. He loses to people he should beat, he loses to his peers and he's never had a showing of beating someone above his paygrade either by toughness and tenacity, smart tactics or even BFR.. That bytch gets his head caved in first.

Matter of fact, I'm the OP. I'm trading his ass out for a tougher model. Substitute Gladiator with Genis.

carver9
Plot beats Gladiator. He can't lose straight up. A high end Gladiator contains solar system destroying blast off of brute strength. Moves 100 times the speed of light. Swim in gas Giants because hes pissedand destroy planets as a side affect. Gladiator kills him.

JakeTheBank
He has no high end showings. He loses to people he should beat, he loses to his peers and he's never had a showing of beating someone above his paygrade either by toughness and tenacity, smart tactics or even BFR.. That bytch gets his head caved in first.

Matter of fact, I'm the OP. I'm trading his ass out for a tougher model. Substitute Gladiator with Genis.

Dmilled

DarkSaint85

5LrHfxW4XOg

Juntai

Matter of fact, I'm the OP. I'm trading his ass out for a tougher model. Substitute Gladiator with Genis. oh snap.

JakeTheBank
Plot beats Gladiator. He can't lose straight up. A high end Gladiator contains solar system destroying blast off of brute strength. Moves 100 times the speed of light. Swim in gas Giants because hes pissedand destroy planets as a side affect. Gladiator kills him.

Lol this post is one of your best yet.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
They could still drain him or use red sunlight/K-radiation on him (cosmic awareness would detect the weakness). BRB also has magic. Even with sundip I don't think he can beat them when being hit by all 3 of his weaknesses at once.
When did this cosmic awareness was used to gain the knowledge to the weakness of other characters Don't tell me its from the gladiator scan. Also good luck trying to use weaknesses on a speedblitzing superman.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
and yet, other times they wrere killed by less than people on this team.. recalculate the math..
Like who?Originally posted by carver9
High end Gladiator completely annihilated him. crylaugh

Endless Mike
Originally posted by abhilegend
When did this cosmic awareness was used to gain the knowledge to the weakness of other characters. Don't tell me its from the gladiator scan.

Why not?

He also used it against an Elder of the Universe IIRC.

Surfer is faster than Supes, barring a few high-end feats. Gladiator should be comparable in speed. Besides, he can only attempt to "speedblitz" one enemy at a time.

psycho gundam
now you've done it. here comes abhi's next novel......

Endless Mike
I give Superman a lot of credit but I give other characters credit too. I mean with the sun amp I don't deny that he's more powerful than anyone on the team here and probably more powerful than all of them put together, but there's more than just raw power involved in winning a fight.

abhilegend
Why not?

He also used it against an Elder of the Universe IIRC.
Because he never mentioned CA as the source of his knowledge of gladiator's weakness. Issue number?

laughing out loud No, he isn't even close to superman's combat speed and considerably slower in travel speed. Hahahaha.
Not if they are slowpokes compared to him.

Damborgson
Surfer is faster than Supes

You don't know....what you've unleashed.

edit: Phuck. To slow.

WhiteWitchKing
They beat him to death 10/10. If everyone is at their best, OWAW means shit.

Endless Mike
Because he never mentioned CA as the source of his knowledge of gladiator's weakness. Issue number?

I think it's in his respect thread. I only vaguely recall it. I can look it up later if you want.

Surfer often casually travels "light-years in seconds", that around 31 million times the speed of light, and when he's not even trying. The only time I recall Superman (Post-Crisis) going faster than that was when he flew from Earth to Rao to fight Superboy Prime.

Pre-Crisis, of course, he was much faster.

Gladiator's speed might be less (I haven't really had an opportunity to examine or calc some of his more impressive speed feats) but not overwhelmingly less.

Talking about guys who can sense the future, the past, manipulate time, casually go millions of times the speed of light, have cosmic awareness, react in less than nanoseconds... sorry I just don't see it happening. Even Wally or Barry on the best day of their lives would have a hard time trying to speedblitz all of these guys at once before a single one could react.

Mindset
Silver Surfer is close to 300 billion times faster than Superman.

Damborgson
That number's authentic. H1 calculated it himself.

Mindset
SS once had a race with Superman from Earth to Mars.

He let Superman start on Mars.

SS still beat him by about 1 lightyear.

ares834
Originally posted by Mindset
SS once had a race with Superman from Earth to Mars.

He let Superman start on Mars.

SS still beat him by about 1 lightyear.

What?! What comic did you read!

It wasn't Superman, it was Doom who lost despite standing on Mars.

Endless Mike
Guys, I think you're confused. It was obviously Squirrel Girl.

abhilegend
I think it's in his respect thread. I only vaguely recall it. I can look it up later if you want. I don't recall it. Could you find it for me?

Too slow and it often requires him to enter hyperspace. Superman has crossed entire galaxies to rescue a ship.
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/maelstrom01a.jpg

Covering lightyears in seconds don't even match it.

Then you don't know much about superman.

Lets not go in that direction.

laughing out loud

Do tell me about gladiator's best speed feats.

Surfer can't react in less than a nanosecond if you're referencing MCP 1. I can give you such statements from Prometheus of all people.

How about professor zoom who speedblitzed entire flash family at once trying to speedblitz superman and being swatted away like a bug and stating that superman's reflexes are nearly a match for his? Or superman speedblitzing mandrakk's missiles which were going to blitz-sterlize an entire reality? Surfer is nowhere near that speed.

Mindset
Originally posted by ares834
What?! What comic did you read!

It wasn't Superman, it was Doom who lost despite standing on Mars. Go spread your racist agenda elsewhere, you nazi.

Juntai
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
They beat him to death 10/10. If everyone is at their best, OWAW means shit. Of course it does. In that story he was cutting swathe through waves of guys higher than heralds, one shotting them left and right. lol.

The whole story was a love letter from Loeb to Superman.

abhilegend
They beat him to death 10/10. If everyone is at their best, OWAW means shit.
Do tell me about all the times anybody on annihilators kills another high herald in one shot. As for team-busting annihilators, Lord Mar-vell already did it just fine.

ares834
Go spread your racist agenda elsewhere, you nazi.

Perhaps one day you will you will break free of racial equality. Until then, I will pray to the Batgod for you.

Mindset
Originally posted by ares834
Perhaps one day you will you will break free of racial equality. Until then, I will pray to the Batgod for you. There is no Batgod, only the Holy trinity.

Doom, Kyle, and Lord Rand.

carver9
I don't recall it. Could you find it for me?

Too slow and it often requires him to enter hyperspace. Superman has crossed entire galaxies to rescue a ship.
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/maelstrom01a.jpg

Covering lightyears in seconds don't even match it.

Then you don't know much about superman.

Lets not go in that direction.

laughing out loud

Do tell me about gladiator's best speed feats.

Surfer can't react in less than a nanosecond if you're referencing MCP 1. I can give you such statements from Prometheus of all people.

How about professor zoom who speedblitzed entire flash family at once trying to speedblitz superman and being swatted away like a bug and stating that superman's reflexes are nearly a match for his? Or superman speedblitzing mandrakk's missiles which were going to blitz-sterlize an entire reality? Surfer is nowhere near that speed.

Do you have scans of Superman flying to the edge of the Galaxy? He could have used a ship.

DarkSaint85
Do you have scans of Superman flying to the edge of the Galaxy? He could have used a ship.

Uhoh.

abhilegend
Hahaha, what?

carver9
Sigh...edit.

JakeTheBank
lol Carver's not even trying to hide his trolling, now.

Good job. thumb up Seriously, I'm impressed.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Wow Jake. I'm just asking a question.

dmills
Abhi if you even bother to answer that I'm sending you an e-slap lol.

JakeTheBank
Wow Jake. I'm just asking a question.

Keep it up, buddy. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

I am too, you're coming along nicely.

Although like Jake, I'm beginning to suspect that you've always secretly been the greatest troll of all.

carver9
Keep it up, buddy. thumb up

It's gone bro.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I am too, you're coming along nicely.

Although like Jake, I'm beginning to suspect that you've always secretly been the greatest troll of all.

Carver's been holding back all this time.

Behold, the Forumbreaker.

DarkSaint85
Scarversson, hear my cry.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Carver isn't the troll we deserve, but the one we need.

WhiteWitchKing
Of course it does. In that story he was cutting swathe through waves of guys higher than heralds, one shotting them left and right. lol.

The whole story was a love letter from Loeb to Superman.

I recall that Loeb force called Rulk kicking the crap out of a Watcher and the Grand Master. Whereas he attacks Beta Ray Bill from behind and was beaten back by Bill. The same Bill Surfer physically beat down. lol.

Do tell me about all the times anybody on annihilators kills another high herald in one shot. As for team-busting annihilators, Lord Mar-vell already did it just fine.

There you go.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35192/2028163-thanimp_6_peterwatts_cps_015.jpg

abhilegend
I recall that Loeb force called Rulk kicking the crap out of a Watcher and the Grand Master. Whereas he attacks Beta Ray Bill from behind and was beaten back by Bill. The same Bill Surfer physically beat down. lol.

There you go.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35192/2028163-thanimp_6_peterwatts_cps_015.jpg

Nice ABC logic forgetting that Rulk was absorbing the powers from Uatu and grandmaster and that ability is gone when bill and rulk tangled. Can you be more desperate?

Cancerverse fodders with no feats? Epic lulz.

Endless Mike
I don't recall it. Could you find it for me?

I'll see what I can do.

Not really, Reed's instruments were detecting him in realspace.

Yeah I've seen that but we don't have a timeframe there. Besides I think that story arc involved going through dimensions or something IIRC. And I was talking about Surfer's casual speed.

Oh yeah? What's his favorite flavor of ice cream then? I bet you don't know that mad

Crossing between an interstellar distance in a few hours (might have been between a galaxy, not sure), fighting Hyperion in nanoseconds, easily going 100 times light speed

Um yeah he can, considering his fight with BRB where they were crossing star systems in a few minutes at least and yet reacting to each other at close range.

How about Diana stating Zoom hits way harder than Superman, when Zoom was just fooling around? Two can play that selective quote game.

How about Barry leaving Clark in the dust casually?

What does that even mean no expression

His consistent speed feats outperform Clark's. Firelord who is weaker and slower than him crossed from Asgard to a planet on the far edge of the universe and back in a few minutes.

psycho gundam
Carver's been holding back all this time.

Behold, the Forumbreaker. laughing out loud

WhiteWitchKing
Nice ABC logic forgetting that Rulk was absorbing the powers from Uatu and grandmaster and that ability is gone when bill and rulk tangled. Can you be more desperate?

Where does he absorb Grandmaster's power?

That's hilarious considering you bring up Probe fodders as proof he can defeat an entire group.

abhilegend
I'll see what I can do.
Ok.

I said often, not in every instance.

Andromeda galaxy is millions of lightyears from earth. No.

This is superman's casual speed too. Did you notice that huge-ass ship he is lifting and flying?

laughing out loud

Nothing compared to superman's top feats. Crossing galaxies, overcoming time-stop set up in a fraction of nanosecond, 100 times lightspeed is nothing in travel speed.

Highest feat yet. Superman and Kal-L took prime to across universe in seconds and were reacting to his punches. Also surfer and bill weren't crossing solar systems IIRC. It took minutes to reach the planet after they left surfer behind.

That was just a statement with nothing to back it up considering under the same writer superman oneshotted diana while zoom failed to ko her. Superman stopped thwne from blitzing and that's why the statement has credit behind it.

If by casually you mean entering speed force just after that, I agree. There was nothing casual about it.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/KMCPhilosophia/blitzrealityblitzing1.jpg
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/KMCPhilosophia/blitzrealityblitzing2.jpg

No, they don't. They aren't even close to superman's top speed feats.
Weaker? The same guy who has two wins against surfer one-on-one? How did you know he is slower than surfer? Can you show me this scan because it involves dimensional travel and can't be used as a travel speed feat, Orion came from new genesis to earth in a heartbeat. BTW eradicator came from the edge of the universe in moments and he is considerably slower than superman by comparison.

abhilegend
Where does he absorb Grandmaster's power? That's the retcon. He absorbed power from every high end being which he humiliated.

Probes actually have feats.

WhiteWitchKing
That's the retcon. He absorbed power from every high end being which he humiliated.

So Loeb's ridiculous bullshit was retcon then.

Loeb's bs that haven't been retcon. And why would DC do such a thing, they love wanking Superman.

And the Revengers had feats. Your point? Thought so.

abhilegend
So Loeb's ridiculous bullshit was retcon then.
Yeah, Jeff parker retconned all that.

OWAW hasn't been retconned.

To place them at high herald status. Lulz.

-Pr-
Reposting:

Originally posted by -Pr-
no expression

Loeb wrote OWAW when he was at his best. This is Hush-era Loeb, not Rulk era Loeb.

Yes, the story is Superman centric, but the probes are legitimately powerful.

dmills
High end showings for the Annihilators are allowed just so y'all know. So whatever their best shyt is, whether it's shields against "herald my rage", the crunch, double Ka stones, blowing up a planet etc, it all counts here.

JakeTheBank
High end showings for the Annihilators are allowed just so y'all know. So whatever their best shyt is, whether it's shields against "herald my rage", the crunch, double Ka stones, blowing up a planet etc, it all counts here.

Do me a favor and remind me of some of them. No need to elaborate on Bill.

abhilegend
High end battle feats would be more suitable here than cosmic cheese.

dmills
Do me a favor and remind me of some of them. No need to elaborate on Bill.

Surfer,

Umm. The crunch! And umm... the times he's casually blown up planets as a result of his fights I.e. Morg, Ravenous etc. And uhh... that time he uh, the times he's casually owned Banner. And that one time he just slapped that one guy. And took god-cable's powers away. Skaar! Skaar! Ugh...

Nova. Uh, that one time he punched the Sphinx like 20 miles out of the city out to the ocean. Umm, oh oh! That time when he was only at 17% of his power and then flew into a neutron star with so much force that it warped! A neutron star is like, the mass of 2 suns compressed into an object the size of a large city and one large cup full of it's matter weighs like literally a billion metric tons. Oh and that one time when Galactus was REALLY pissed off and nuked like, a whole galaxy. Nova no sold it (shields). That one time he was a regular centurion and stunned Supernova with a gravimetric blast. Or that time when the Sphinx had two Ka stones and was going to rewrite the laws of physics in the universe, Nova powered through his blasts umharmed (those pesky shields again) and put him in a stargate. That one time he one shotted Ego inside of Ego! Not even Thor could do it in Journey Into Mystery. That time when the Nova force nearly drove him batshit crazy and he literally knocked Firelord all the way to the other side of a solar system. Firelord and Airwalker were all "We aren't powerful enough to beat him" and "Nobody short of galactus himself can beat him right now". Etcetera etcetera.

Gladiator erm

Ronan: a team buster in his day

BRB you already know.

Quasar you already know.

JakeTheBank
Thanks. thumb up Also:

Gladiator erm

Lmfao.

dmills
Not feeling him right now mane.

Wait, are you a Quasar guy? I didn't list his feats because I thought for some reason I remember you as a Wendell guy. Maybe that was someone else. Oh well lol.

Mindset
What impressive feats does Ronan have, he was always meh whenever I saw him?

JakeTheBank
Not feeling him right now mane.

Wait, are you a Quasar guy? I didn't list his feats because I thought for some reason I remember you as a Wendell guy. Maybe that was someone else. Oh well lol.

Not a huge fan of his, but I do have a lot of respect for his high end feats and the like. He's slept on around quite a bit around here, but really, Elvis is a tough dude.

DarkSaint85
I quite liked this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/13644_troom4.jpg

dmills
Ronan did that thing that one time.

Mshinu
Funny thread, supes gets buttraped to death.

vince_slice
I remember Ronan using transmutation and dulled Doctor Dredd's space cutting edge. He, Surfer, and Quasar merged two suns together stopping them from going supernova in Annihilators.

quanchi112
Annihilators stomp. OWAW Superman is mainly hype.

h1a8
Surfer,

Umm. The crunch!

Plot! Crunch energies just happen to be there.

Blowing up planets is good but owning Banner isn't a good feat since he did it absorbing his gamma radiation with touching him.

Boo!

Not really a feat since Nova had already built up speed from light years back to do it. It wasn't his strength force but rather his kinetic energy of motion (KE=1/2mv^2). It's not applicable here since battle distance is much closer and Superman isn't going to sit there and get hit like that.

Weak feat since the Galaxy blast wasn't concentrated just on his shields. It was an omnidirectional blast. Thus the part that hit Nova's shields was probably less than .000000001% of the total power of the blast (since the area of the shields was about that percentage or less than the entire area of the blast.

Context maybe? What issue is this? Also it's fair to say he's not batshit crazy here so what you said is moot.

dmills
Originally posted by h1a8
Plot! Crunch energies just happen to be there.

Blowing up planets is good but owning Banner isn't a good feat since he did it absorbing his gamma radiation with touching him.

Boo!

Not really a feat since Nova had already built up speed from light years back to do it. It wasn't his strength force but rather his kinetic energy of motion (KE=1/2mv^2). It's not applicable here since battle distance is much closer and Superman isn't going to sit there and get hit like that.

Weak feat since the Galaxy blast wasn't concentrated just on his shields. It was an omnidirectional blast. Thus the part that hit Nova's shields was probably less than .000000001% of the total power of the blast (since the area of the shields was about that percentage or less than the entire area of the blast.

Context maybe? What issue is this? Also it's fair to say he's not batshit crazy here so what you said is moot.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/ezhl6bjpg.gif

1) Gamma radiation, solar radiation, Electromagnetic spectrum, power cosmic. Hmmm.

2) Lightyears away?

And since you decided to be such a picky little eater and tell me what happens or doesn't happen in my thread...

Addendum- It is now stipulated that Superman starts the match frozen in place by Toaa. Nova then gets to blitz him with the same power and velocity as the neutron star feat.

3) Oh you!

4) Cliffnotes version. Supernova is chilling in the timestream that he was tricked into by Reed way back in Avengers 303. He's just looking at random stuff going on in the Marvel Universe when all of a sudden he spots this little punk named Nova. Supernova, pissed because he thought he had all of the Nova Force, is like WTF?! RRRGHH!! And Superboy prime's his way out of the timestream. Just busted out of time lol. Then he makes a beeline for Earth, yells so loud that the world hears him. "Earth, send me Nova or I'll punch this planet to dust!" Nova responds, Supernova grabs him like "give me the .00001% of Nova force you have whelp". Richard is like "NOOOO", and hits Supernova with a gravity pulse. Supernova is taken aback that this chump is actually packing that much power. He then says "You've complicated things terran. Because of all of your power, if I try to forcibly drain it from you it'll destroy the planet". "But because I'm crazy and I really want that .00001% of the nova force that you have, I'm gonna do it anyway!" Rich is like "No don't do that. Ok ok. You can have the power". He takes it, Richard "dies" then is revived by Airwalker...

Skipping ahead, Supernova thought that by absorbing Nova's power that he could then recreate/restart/reboot planet Xandar. But he didn't know that Richard had been genetically altered to be the true "spirit and might of Xandar", thus he realizes that he actually has to physically assimilate Rich into himself for the process to really work. He tries, but then the process backfired and Rich actually ended up receiving all of the Nova Force completely raw without any safeguards. He freaked out from his new power level, the energy waves he was emitting accidentally destroyed the space ship that his teammates were in on the other side of the solar system and he freaked out even more at the thought of accidentally killing his friends. Firelord and Airwalker went to try and defeat him, got their asses handed to them, then Gladiator and the Shi-ar armada joined in as reinforcements, Nova told them to stay away from him because he didn't want to kill them, they attacked anyway (mostly off panel), were ineffectual, Queen Adora told the new warriors that engaging him directly was futile, she went to go talk to him, he listened to his queen, gave all of the Nova Force back to repower the Worldmind, Xandar and all of it's population to come, then died, came back to life and was granted the rank of Nova Prime.

Lots of stuff happened since that time, and then Nova ended up receiving the whole thing again, this time in a more controlled situation.

New Warriors 40-42 "The Star Lost" saga lol.

abhilegend
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/ezhl6bjpg.gif

1) Gamma radiation, solar radiation, Electromagnetic spectrum, power cosmic. Hmmm.

2) Lightyears away?

And since you decided to be such a picky little eater and tell me what happens or doesn't happen in my thread...

Addendum- It is now stipulated that Superman starts the match frozen in place by Toaa. Nova then gets to blitz him with the same power and velocity as the neutron star feat.

3) Oh you!

4) Cliffnotes version. Supernova is chilling in the timestream that he was tricked into by Reed way back in Avengers 303. He's just looking at random stuff going on in the Marvel Universe when all of a sudden he spots this little punk named Nova. Supernova, pissed because he thought he had all of the Nova Force, is like WTF?! RRRGHH!! And Superboy prime's his way out of the timestream. Just busted out of time lol. Then he makes a beeline for Earth, yells so loud that the world hears him. "Earth, send me Nova or I'll punch this planet to dust!" Nova responds, Supernova grabs him like "give me the .00001% of Nova force you have whelp". Richard is like "NOOOO", and hits Supernova with a gravity pulse. Supernova is taken aback that this chump is actually packing that much power. He then says "You've complicated things terran. Because of all of your power, if I try to forcibly drain it from you it'll destroy the planet". "But because I'm crazy and I really want that .00001% of the nova force that you have, I'm gonna do it anyway!" Rich is like "No don't do that. Ok ok. You can have the power". He takes it, Richard "dies" then is revived by Airwalker...

Skipping ahead, Supernova thought that by absorbing Nova's power that he could then recreate/restart/reboot planet Xandar. But he didn't know that Richard had been genetically altered to be the true "spirit and might of Xandar", thus he realizes that he actually has to physically assimilate Rich into himself for the process to really work. He tries, but then the process backfired and Rich actually ended up receiving all of the Nova Force completely raw without any safeguards. He freaked out from his new power level, the energy waves he was emitting accidentally destroyed the space ship that his teammates were in on the other side of the solar system and he freaked out even more at the thought of accidentally killing his friends. Firelord and Airwalker went to try and defeat him, got their asses handed to them, then Gladiator and the Shi-ar armada joined in as reinforcements, Nova told them to stay away from him because he didn't want to kill them, they attacked anyway (mostly off panel), were ineffectual, Queen Adora told the new warriors that engaging him directly was futile, she went to go talk to him, he listened to his queen, gave all of the Nova Force back to repower the Worldmind, Xandar and all of it's population to come, then died, came back to life and was granted the rank of Nova Prime.

Lots of stuff happened since that time, and then Nova ended up receiving the whole thing again, this time in a more controlled situation.

New Warriors 40-42 "The Star Lost" saga lol.
TLDR.

CosmicComet
All this thread reconfirms for me is that Broly + Pantera playing in the background > everyone in the herald category.

JGeQ_Nh4sX0

Power. Its maximum.

dmills
Ha.

carver9
I promise you Broly is the best Villain ever created. Cosmic, when does that new movie come out?

CosmicComet
march 30 iirc

JakeTheBank
The phuck he is.

Broly is the single most overrated character in DBZ.

Starscream M
The phuck he is.

Broly is the single most overrated character in DBZ. how the phuck is he the most overrated?

he's the most threatening villain by far...every other villain had a goofy side, brolly never exhibited any hint of goofiness

he was a badass and destined to be the ultimate saiyan

dmills
CC is a young fella so he gets a pass, but carver is 30.

CosmicComet
Broly won the gene pool lottery as far as saiyans are concerned.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
how the phuck is he the most overrated?

he's the most threatening villain by far...every other villain had a goofy side, brolly never exhibited any hint of goofiness

he was a badass and destined to be the ultimate saiyan

The fact that he's practically a Gary Sue villain and has a fan base that legitimately think shit like if Broly was in the main series he would have tooled Ultimate Cell and people even stronger than he.

Broly was a roided out villain with next to no character outside of screaming "Kakarot!" because Goku's crying as a baby upset him. Seriously?

People like Cell and Frieze are infinitely more interesting as characters. Even Buu as a fat piece of shit is.

SquallX
So which version are we using here?

Is this Sun dipped Superman? Because if its is, there not touching him.

If it's kismet Superman, compare what SD Superman would do to them, now multiply it by 10.

Starscream M
The fact that he's practically a Gary Sue villain and has a fan base that legitimately think shit like if Broly was in the main series he would have tooled Ultimate Cell and people even stronger than he.

Broly was a roided out villain with next to no character outside of screaming "Kakarot!" because Goku's crying as a baby upset him. Seriously?

People like Cell and Frieze are infinitely more interesting as characters. Even Buu as a fat piece of shit is. brolli wasn't a complex character, but hes a great villain...kinda reminds me of juggernaut, who is another one of my fav villains

when you see brolli, you get scared...cuz he doesn't phuck around or clown around like other villains, he'll beat your ass and thats all the motivation he has

brolli was the most powerful saiyan, so yeah if he were in the main series, he would've owned everyone

i could see a SS3 brolli even kicking Gogeta's ass as ridiculous as that may sound

CosmicComet
I like Broly, for the same reasons that his critics do not.

I've never watched DBZ for character. He's mindless, he's fun, and he has an undeniable, evil charisma about him.

As for him being better than Super Perfect Cell, in his second movie, he WAS, to be fair. Even then, in the first movie he was greater than normal Perfect Cell, as he smacked around the same Goku that Perfect Cell was going blow for blow with, seeing as it took place just a few days before the Cell games.

JakeTheBank
brolli wasn't a complex character, but hes a great villain...kinda reminds me of juggernaut, who is another one of my fav villains

when you see brolli, you get scared...cuz he doesn't phuck around or clown around like other villains, he'll beat your ass and thats all the motivation he has

brolli was the most powerful saiyan, so yeah if he were in the main series, he would've owned everyone

i could see a SS3 brolli even kicking Gogeta's ass as ridiculous as that may sound

Goku is a simple character (both in terms of his development and his intelligence) but he's more interesting that Broly. He's a piece of shit. Juggernaut isn't a great character either. Could have been at one time.

Broly didn't scare the Z Fighters anymore than when Frieza did when he first arrived, or Cell, or Majin Buu. Seriously, man, every main baddie in the series makes the entire cast lose their shit in fear, trembling over their power level.

Don't kid yourself. If Broly was in the main series, eventually, Goku would have been like "lol, phuck genetics" and simply trained to become more powerful than he. Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Turles, etc. All these guys, via genetics, were ranked higher than Goku, who was thrown away basically. And yet, Goku simply goes above and beyond what a "low class warrior" can do simply because he can.

Yes, the idea that Super Saiyan 3 Broly ( no expression ) is beating Gogeta is ridiculous.

dmills
@squallx

Well since the controversy was over what happened with the Imperex probes the spirit of the thread was to keep it as Supes at the point where he realized the probes were basically energy shells and then commences to turning it up another notch. But not sundips and such.

Starscream M
Goku is a simple character (both in terms of his development and his intelligence) but he's more interesting that Broly. He's a piece of shit. Juggernaut isn't a great character either. Could have been at one time.

Broly didn't scare the Z Fighters anymore than when Frieza did when he first arrived, or Cell, or Majin Buu. Seriously, man, every main baddie in the series makes the entire cast lose their shit in fear, trembling over their power level.

Don't kid yourself. If Broly was in the main series, eventually, Goku would have been like "lol, phuck genetics" and simply trained to become more powerful than he. Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Turles, etc. All these guys, via genetics, were ranked higher than Goku, who was thrown away basically. And yet, Goku simply goes above and beyond what a "low class warrior" can do simply because he can.

Yes, the idea that Super Saiyan 3 Broly ( no expression ) beating Gogeta is ridiculous. gtfo you know jack squat about dbz if you mention nappa and raditz in the same vein as broli

those guys were clowns...broli was not

broli was destined to be better than goku and he was...he lost to PIS bullshit not to goku outpowering him

broli made vegeta crap in his pants

broli is the saiyan potential realized...he is the ULTIMATE saiyan. he looks down on peons like goku and vegeta, they're born to be his slaves, not equals. broli would've wrecked cell and buu.

JakeTheBank
gtfo you know jack squat about dbz if you mention nappa and raditz in the same vein as broli

those guys were clowns...broli was not

broli was destined to be better than goku and he was...he lost to PIS bullshit not to goku outpowering him

broli made vegeta crap in his pants

broli is the saiyan potential realized...he is the ULTIMATE saiyan. he looks down on peons like goku and vegeta, they're born to be his slaves, not equals. broli would've wrecked cell and buu.

baka

Point = missed.

Goku's raw genetics mark him as a low class Saiyan. Virtually every Saiyan he's battled has been ranked higher than him. And yet, Goku winds up beating them and surpassing them.

Every major villain who arrives in DBZ elicits the same intense reaction from the cast as Broly did. Don't act like Frieza didn't make the entire Z Cast flip out in terror. Or Cell. Or Buu and his forms. Broly's not unique in that sense.

Destined to be beater than Goku...who still beat him. Goku beat him via taking the energy from his comrades, sure. Doesn't make it PIS; it's an established ability of his to borrow energy from those for a ridiculously powered attack. He's just lucky that was Ascended Super Saiyan Goku and not anything beyond that.

Frieza made Vegeta crap in his pants. Cell made Vegeta crap in his pants. Buu made Vegeta crap in his pants. Every villain ever does that.

Goku must have missed that memo. Sure doesn't look good for Broly that low class vermin like Kakarot is able to wind up beating him in spite of the gross power difference, eh? Or that his sons are able to via a combined Kamehameha? Lol @ Broly wrecking Buu. Fat Buu would sodomize him.

Branlor Swift
I came into this thread expecting absolute trash.

It turns out it's just a kickass DBZ thread

Starscream M
i meant broli would wreck buu were he allowed to progress...ie I have no doubt a SSJ3 brolli would murder buu

brolli would prob merge SSJ3 and USSJ forms together to form a USSJ3 form that would be long lasting and extremly powerful, unlike the very temporary ssj3 form that goku attained

JakeTheBank
i meant broli would wreck buu were he allowed to progress...ie I have no doubt a SSJ3 brolli would murder buu

brolli would prob merge SSJ3 and USSJ forms together to form a USSJ3 form that would be long lasting and extremly powerful, unlike the very temporary ssj3 form that goku attained

Goku wouldn't allow him to progress, bro.

Branlor Swift
Goku wouldn't allow him to progress, bro. What if he just left after stomping the Z-fighters?

Or if he became all Anti-Hero?

CosmicComet
Goku and Vegeta never had a truly equal race to see who was more powerful.

He was easily more powerful than Goku when he arrived on Earth, and even after King Kai's training, Goku was still vastly behind Vegeta in base power level, and needed Kaioken just to help him even it out for him.

Then Goku had the whole 100x gravity training while heading towards Namek, while Vegeta had nothing comparable to that.

When Vegeta first turned Super Saiyan however, he was a bit stronger than Goku was during the same time period as Super Saiyan, even before the Heart Disease started kicking in.

Then Goku got a big boost after healing up from that Heart Disease since it nearly claimed his life, so he was stronger than Vegeta when they both went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to train.

And then of course Goku eventually died, and reached Super Saiyan 3 while he was in the afterlife, where he could train for basically as long as he wished, and had tons of other strong opponents to spar with, while Vegeta is stuck on Earth able to do nothing but peace time training.

In completely equal circumstances--I'd give it to Vegeta.

And on Broly, you gotta realize that he never had to train a day in his life to get as strong as he was. He was naturally growing in strength at a rate Goku could not come close to matching despite intense training and fighting all throughout in the exact same amount of time, seeing as they are the same age.

Branlor Swift
Don't forget Vegeta stomped the hell out of Ginyu in Goku's body after he took some lickens before hand. This could kind of be seen as comparable to the 100x gravity that Goku recieved on a lesser level since he kept getting the shit beat out of him on Namek.

I think it would have been interesting had Dende healed Vegeta after Frieza blasted him. Or they kept blasting through him and healing.

quanchi112
I promise you Broly is the best Villain ever created. Cosmic, when does that new movie come out? Out of what ? Has to be Dragon Ball Z because those characters are all equally terrible so there's no way you can be talking about all other mediums.

-Pr-
...Back on topic, please.

vince_slice
So based on your "math" Superman stomps the Annihilators right?

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice
So based on your "math" Superman stomps the Annihilators right?
No more than lord mar-vell did.

celeyhyga17
No more than lord mar-vell did.

It was Nova and Surfer who took him head on while the rest were either occupied by Revengers or butchering fodder cancervrese monsters. So ure kinda wrong there buddy.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
It was Nova and Surfer who took him head on while the rest were either occupied by Revengers or butchering fodder cancervrese monsters. So ure kinda wrong there buddy.
I forgot about that little blast which would've killed annihilators if it wasn't for quasar.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by -Pr-
...Back on topic, please.

To the Superman with no Sun Amp vs Silver Surfer, Nova, Beta Ray Bill, Ronin, Gladiator, and Quasar thread

dmills
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
To the Superman with no Sun Amp vs Silver Surfer, Nova, Beta Ray Bill, Ronin, Gladiator, and Quasar thread

haermm

vince_slice
Superman beat an Imperiex probe that took on 100,000 solar powered Daxamites.

Someone should make a Superman vs. 100,000 solar powered Daxamites thread. Even though its spite....for the Daxamites. He'll just sing them out of existence in a nanosecond.

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice
Superman beat an Imperiex probe that took on 100,000 solar powered Daxamites.

Someone should make a Superman vs. 100,000 solar powered Daxamites thread. Even though its spite....for the Daxamites. He'll just sing them out of existence in a nanosecond.
Now you're learning.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by quanchi112
Annihilators stomp. OWAW Superman is mainly hype.

Yuuuuup...

yes

*SQUELCH* Dead guy in blue tights with an "S" on his chest isle #42 *SQUELCH*

Not a chance in hell This team loses.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Yuuuuup...

yes

*SQUELCH* Dead guy in blue tights with an "S" on his chest isle #42 *SQUELCH*

Not a chance in hell This team loses.

Superman crushes them with his schlong alone. smile

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman crushes them with his schlong alone. smile He doesn't have one.

He's like a Ken doll.

Golgo13
He doesn't have one.

He's like a Ken doll.

Perv.

sneer

WhiteWitchKing
Superman after having sex.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bnUYzox6R8Q/Tl47uGCzhsI/AAAAAAAAAH4/R1dFGYbwcsc/s1600/CRYING_SUPERMAN.JPG

Golgo13
Superman is banging Diana now. The mere actions of that would demolish most of the Annihilators.

Mindset
Superman is getting pegged.

abhilegend
Superman after having sex.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bnUYzox6R8Q/Tl47uGCzhsI/AAAAAAAAAH4/R1dFGYbwcsc/s1600/CRYING_SUPERMAN.JPG
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14133406_eunuchsurfer.jpg

WhiteWitchKing
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14133406_eunuchsurfer.jpg

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.