Mumm-Ra v. Skeletor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drawingblood88
I'm more or less certain Mumm-Ra bitchslaps him. Wondering if anyone can argue on behalf of Skeletor. Does he even stand a chance? What if he were given prep and/or all his witnessed weapons?

cdtm
Old toon, new toon, or comics?

Skeletor should win in all of them. stick out tongue

In most media, Mumm Ra comes across as more menacing, but doesn't have a very good win/loss record, while Skeletor fans can point to him beating Hordak a few times.

Lion-O was fighting Mumm Ra bare handed in the comics, and doing pretty well. And Hachiman beat him outright.

SquallX
Mum-Ra more bad ass than Skeletor.

Mum-Ra wins more than he loses.

pym-ftw
Skeletor Stomps, not sure the argument against this...

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm

In most media, Mumm Ra comes across as more menacing, but doesn't have a very good win/loss record, while Skeletor fans can point to him beating Hordak a few times.
Old toon Hordak just had a better press agent then Skeletor.

New toon (that is 10 years old now) Skeletor would beat New Toon Mumm-Ra. That version was a total looser.

BruceSkywalker
mumm-ra ftw

umU8vKRNnRw

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Old toon Hordak just had a better press agent then Skeletor.

New toon (that is 10 years old now) Skeletor would beat New Toon Mumm-Ra. That version was a total looser.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, the new toon was going to have Skeletor depose Hordak in the next season. Too bad we never got to see that.

It's also a shame the Thundercats reboot ended so soon, when things were just getting interesting..

Golgo13
Toss up.

JakeTheBank
Skeletor decisively.

Villelater
Mumm-ra the ever-living!!!...i just wanted to say that line

SamZED
Old school Mumm-Ra used to scare the sh1t out of me.

cdtm
Originally posted by SamZED
Old school Mumm-Ra used to scare the sh1t out of me.

As a kid, me too. big grin

Got to love that voice actor.

SamZED
Originally posted by cdtm
As a kid, me too. big grin

Got to love that voice actor. WTF just watched the video he still scares me a little. I liked the new show as well (sadly it got cancelled) but Mumm-Ra in it was meh.

cdtm
Originally posted by SamZED
WTF just watched the video he still scares me a little. I liked the new show as well (sadly it got cancelled) but Mumm-Ra in it was meh.

He came across like he was trying too hard at being a baddass, while original Mumm Ra was genuinely creepy.

Also, they only had two seasons, but new toon Mumm Ra was already showing signs of villain decay.. He went from single handedly defeating the cats including Lion O, to running away with his tail between his legs at the end of that two parter where Lion O dies and has to complete some trials to resurrect himself..

cdtm
KyiHozl3Hc0

Yeah, the new toon VA overacted, and confused scary with loud shouting.

NsfbuKC4dd4

Watched the show all the time in syndication, and don't remember this transformation. O_o

Drawingblood88
Should have specified. 80's versions of both.

Drawingblood88
Maybe I'm just not educated on Skeletor enough... I saw Mumm-ra taking majority here. I should really watch more He-Man.... No more oppinions?

JakeTheBank
Skeletor fights a routinely far more powerful foe than Mumm-Ra does. He-Man would beat the crap out of both Lion-O and Mumm-Ra and Skeletor can hold his own with him.

KingD19
Yeah. Skeletor isn't on Adam's level strength/durability wise, but everyone in that Universe is superhuman at some level, and Skeletor is strong in his own right. Plus his magic, his staff, and his sword skills are pretty high up there.

And his voice actor in the 2000's version was pretty ba.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

SasuOna
Mumm-ra is great deal stronger than Skeletor with the sword of plundarr. At full power he was causing earthquales all over the planet by just unleashing it.

Drawingblood88
Oh, and wherever evil exists...Mumm..Ra....LIVES!! GYAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHA.

Eternal Idol
Mumm-Ra shits himself in front of the mirror, fer****sake.

Skeletor ftw.

ColossusGrundy
Skeletor had some of the most fearful rogues under his command by sheer fear.

Mumm-ra's lackeys were mostly idiots.

Skeletor wins handily.

Drawingblood88
Skeletor once showed a weakness to the christmas-spirit, and robo-puppy kisses.... And this isn't a matchup between respective troops or opponents of each. After spending the past few days watching approximately two ass-loads worth of He-Man, I'll admit that I hadn't given Skeletor the credit he was due when I made this thread. Dude is pretty killer. That being said, I'm still a bit surprised by the almost complete lack of faith or love for Mumm-ra whatsoever. In all fairness, I'm a much bigger Thundercats fan though so maybe I'm just biased. Still...

cdtm
Originally posted by Drawingblood88
That being said, I'm still a bit surprised by the almost complete lack of faith or love for Mumm-ra whatsoever. In all fairness, I'm a much bigger Thundercats fan though so maybe I'm just biased. Still...

The thing is, in both old and new cartoons, Mumm Ra's had problems with rank and file characters.. That intergalactic bounty hunter in the original beat him, for one. Panthro and Tigra were giving him a hard time in another episode.. Even Vultureman and Monkey Man got the better of him, although the latter was using Mumm Ra's own relic against him..

And In the new toon, even after he got two of the power stones he was chasing after, a gathering of Lion-O's old friends knocked him around and drove him off. Skeletor faces down He Man's friends all the time, and maintains the upper hand. Heck, even Evil Lynn is too much for any gathering of Masters. It's why they need He Man!

Adam_PoE
vOsHoqhbUIU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.