Compulsive Collector?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Are you a compulsive collector of all things star wars?
Last night I bought 2 star wars action figures ....it was a spur of the moment thing...do you save up for bigger toys or go for the dollar deals and flea market prizes?

GordonSkywalker
I spend way too much on Star Wars comics.

Julie
That is one area I haven't spent too much money.....I'm more into the figures and lightsabers and novels

GordonSkywalker
No action figures for me...not for a long time. Lightsabers are fun to play with in the stores. Great way to impress people! The books are what I spend the most on now days however.

Julie
that's cool.....

GordonSkywalker
Reading books or playing with lightsaber toys at Kmart?

Julie
both actually.

GordonSkywalker
Have to remember that tomorrow. I think I'm going there again.

Volundro Ramm
A frend of mine whos grandad was head of construction on the original star wars trilogy gave me a nice gift a while back. Cause his grandad was the boss of his department, he had to give his staff crew badges, you know, the ones that get sown on production crew bomber jackets. Well he gave me ones from A New Hope, Empire and Jedi. Except the one from jedi has the original title, "Revenge of the Jedi" on it. Im wondering how mush they'd be worth.

GordonSkywalker
That's awesome man!

Julie
that's cool....who knows....it all depends on the demand for the product...you know the old supply and demand thing

GordonSkywalker
Well I never made it to Kmart. Too much to do, people to see...that sort of thing.... wink

Julie
well there's always tomorrow......or the next day.....one day you'll get there

GordonSkywalker
Maybe tomorrow....yippeee!!

Julie
nice....I don't have any plans for buying star wars toys, but it's usually a capricious thing...at least lately.

GordonSkywalker
I am getting tired of playing with the lightsabers though....Must find magazines.... big grin

Julie
ah mix it up a little...then you'll have lots of stuff to play and read

GordonSkywalker
Sometimes I think I am in my second childhood!

GordonSkywalker
Not right now though. laughing out loud

Julie
second childhood....I'm still working on the first:-)

Corran
Me too.

GordonSkywalker
Trust me second is better because you get to know things you were unaware of the first time around! laughing out loud

Julie
I see...well....I don't wanna grow up

GordonSkywalker
I want to get a small statuette of both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon from the local thrift store but they cost $50 each. They have been in that place for a year or more,so maybe one day......

Julie
SALE....yes sale would be good

GordonSkywalker
I am so glad you approve so vigorously!

Julie
sales are good...esp when it comes to star wars stuff...my most recent additions to the collection were 2 action figures for $3.00 each

GordonSkywalker
Awesome! Which action figures?

Julie
uh...I think it was Qui gon and ...uh..... embarrasment I forget...oh some strange looking creature big grin

GordonSkywalker
Oh that describes about half of the creatures in the Senate then!

Julie
uh true.....I honestly forget...how awful is that

GordonSkywalker
Oh I bought some new SW stuff Julie! I got a Clone Wars comic, a Mace Windu comic and the paperback version of Attack of the Clones. How cool is that?

Julie
nice and nice...

GordonSkywalker
Yes I get paid next week so another trip to the bookstore is coming soon.....

Julie
cool....where do you work,??

GordonSkywalker
I do a lot of stuff with my father basically.

Julie
cool...do you get to pick your own hours?

GordonSkywalker
I have now obtained a hardback copy of The Phantom Menace in excellent shape. Its jacket sleeve has Queen Amidala on the front and the annoying Jar Jar on the back. Found it at the paperback store I frequent. Someone actually got rid of the thing, so I am now the owner of it.

Julie
cool.....uh you bought a hardback at a paperback store( confused)

GordonSkywalker
Yes that is what was so weird. They do sell hardbacks at a current $5 discount, but mainly they sell paperbacks. There it was on a nearby shelf, calling out to me to buy it...so I did. wink

Volundro Ramm
Check the "Shatterpoint" preview at the back of the "EP2" paperback.

GordonSkywalker
Seen it. Looks great.

Julie
I'll wait for the real thing.....I guess

GordonSkywalker
Collection Update: I now have the first two books in the popular X-Wing paperback series. I started Rogue Squadron last night. smile

Julie
I haven't read that one...what was the other one you got?

GordonSkywalker
Wedge's Gamble.(?)

hayden's minx
Oh man I'm a sucker for this~
I buy sabers, novels, film related books, magazines, comics, figures, micromachines, lego and misc stuff

Julie
hey join the club.,....I know I buy lots of this stuff!
and I have read Wedge's Gamble..I think....I remember that it was pretty good too

GordonSkywalker
I collect lots of stuff.

Julie
have you read your x wing books yet?

GordonSkywalker
I am reading Rogue Squardon this afternoon.

Julie
cool......have fun....I'll get to read later this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!wahoo

GordonSkywalker
UPDATE: I bought the Episode I DVD based on a recommendation from my good friend yerssot. It is well worth the dough I blew to get it. The features are amazing! I also read Shadows of the Empire recently.

yerssot
the EpII DVD isn't that good, so if you have too much money, buy it, otherwise don't

GordonSkywalker
Nah money is always tight around here so I'll just stick with this one. Thanks.

yerssot
no problemo, you don't miss much

duffy
what about the wee r2 bit about his fame!! thats sum funny stuff!

yerssot
but you can find it on the sw.c too

duffy
didnt no that

GordonSkywalker
Nor did I. Still I am quite content with the one I got.

Julie
I'm lost...but hey I did catch the part where Yerssot dissed the EpII dvd......ok....I kind of agreee...I bought it anyway...and the audio comentary is good, but not too spectacular overall

GordonSkywalker
I might get that one next. Nice to see you again by the way Julie! Oh and keeping with the topic I also got a special Darth Vader action figure from my father a while back. It is the one that comes with a Flashback photo of Anakin Skywalker as a boy(Jake Lloyd).

yerssot
I didn't said it was bad, just the TPM DVD was much bettersmile

GordonSkywalker
Yeh but dvds are expensive so I had to choose one over the other and I went with the one u recommended yerss. Does the Clones one have any special features at all?

yerssot
special special? not really
the basics + some extra documentaries, not much really

GordonSkywalker
Nothing like the search for Anakin that was on the first one then? Or any docus like The Beginning or music videos? Any thing with Natalie Portman?

yerssot
only one music video, no beginning, no search, ...

GordonSkywalker
{Perhaps I would be better off to look elsewhere to spend my hard earned cash. Wonder if anyone's got any new lightsabers for sale?......}

yerssot
new? well, try to get the signed masterreplica's wink

GordonSkywalker
{Hmmm...must find lightsabers...}

yerssot
the masterreplicas? good luck stick out tongue

Julie
yeah they're expensive,...though they are very pretty...I wouldn't minda adding a few to my collection, but this summer I spent $500 on school classes......so no lightsaber....oh well...my $3.00 one works fine big grin

GordonSkywalker
I like any kind of lightsaber as long as it comes with cool pictures of Jedi Knights on the box!

Julie
do you dave the boxes? Do you even open them at all?

GordonSkywalker
Of course I open them! How can I play with them if they are still in the box? And yes I saved my big Qui Gon box and it is in the garage as we speak. Where it has been for three or four years.

Julie
cool...I have mines till in the box...I play with one and the others are tucked away inthe bright spots of my room

GordonSkywalker
Do you have any of the Episode I Flashback action figures?

Julie
I don't think so....I have a whole lot of EpI figures, but I don't recall getting too many of the flash back ones...I might have one or two though

GordonSkywalker
I have the Flashback Anakin/Darth Vader one.

GordonSkywalker
In addition to that I now have a blue lightsaber and the brand new issue of Star Wars:Insider. Carrie Fisher is on the cover again but this is a photo from the original Star Wars as opposed to Return of the Jedi.

yerssot
lucky americans sad

GordonSkywalker
Would you feel better if I told you we don't get Belgium waffles over here?

yerssot
fairly smile

GordonSkywalker
Hey I now am the proud owner of the Star Wars II DVD!!!...Pass me some waffles good buddy...

yerssot
sure, you don't have to enjoy this one to get them though

Julie
yeah EpII DVD....how's the new lightsaber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.