Death Stars Vs The Dyson Sphere

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
Both Galactic Death Stars (ANH, ROTJ) encounter and are in confrontation with the Dyson Sphere (from Star Trek TNG: 'Relics').

They are caught in its gravity well and are now within the range of the sphere's tractor beams. It has Death Star sized portals.

The Death Stars are fully equipped with Star Destroyers, TIE fighters, AT-ATs, AT STs etc and have the crews to use them.

Which side will emerge victor in the clash, and who will be left as burnt smashed debris and spacepoop..?

The captain isn't Vader, so lets have none of that 'force' shit. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
I remember the star trek tng ep very well.. being that one one aboard the death stars is all that bright they get trapped inside

stick out tongue big grin

jmoul
2 questions before my response:
1. Never seen that Star Trek episode, does the Dyson Sphere have any major weapons, armor, or weak points?

2. Do both Death Stars have shields or not?

Also don't forget, Death Stars both have lasers with the strength to destroy a planet. If there are no major weapons on the Dyson sphere, I'd say that the Death Stars take it, assuming no fighter pilots from the sphere can hit a hole the size of a womp-rat or can manuever their ships through the passage o the second Death Star.

Lord Lucien
Just how big was the sphere?

Sadako of Girth

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Both Galactic Death Stars (ANH, ROTJ) encounter and are in confrontation with the Dyson Sphere (from Star Trek TNG: 'Relics').

They are caught in its gravity well and are now within the range of the sphere's tractor beams. It has Death Star sized portals.

The Death Stars are fully equipped with Star Destroyers, TIE fighters, AT-ATs, AT STs etc and have the crews to use them.

Which side will emerge victor in the clash, and who will be left as burnt smashed debris and spacepoop..?

The captain isn't Vader, so lets have none of that 'force' shit. stick out tongue

I did not think you were referring to this obscure and little known episode of TNG. I enjoyed that episode and that DS was eerily interesting. There was something quite creepy about that thing...couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was as if the Sphere was alive/sentient.

Anyway, I say the Death Stars emerge victorious and blow large chunks into the sphere from a distance before the DS can activate the tractor beams to pull the Death Stars to their destruction.

Impediment
If the Death Stars can pump out enough ultra lasers, I say the Empire will win 7/10.

Sadako of Girth
Its resistant to energy weapons. But the other side of that coin says: "That some level of energy though"

Maybe they could try Kamikazeing it..?

Newjak
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Its resistant to energy weapons. But the other side of that coin says: "That some level of energy though"

Maybe they could try Kamikazeing it..? How resistant is it exactly.

ScreamPaste
To be honest, this thing is large enough to encapsulate a star, the Death star's lasers are going to at best poke needleholes in it. :/

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I remember the star trek tng ep very well.. being that one one aboard the death stars is all that bright they get trapped inside

stick out tongue big grin

Pretty much this. It took Scotty's and La Forge's brains to escape. Death Star crew eventually dies of radiation poisoning.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Newjak
How resistant is it exactly.

Enough to handle Enterprise D's Phasers and torpedos.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
If the Death Stars can pump out enough ultra lasers, I say the Empire will win 7/10.

all that will do is waste their lasers.. no one abroad the death star is smart enough to figure out how exactly to escape the dyson sphere

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.