HIGHLANDER Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Ryan Reynolds cast as Highlander

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/highlander.jpg

Esau Cairn
I can taste vomit in my mouth.

Kazenji
How is that even new news?

i remember hearing about this last year.

Esau Cairn
It was a rumour last year...prior to Reynolds actually signing the contract.

Kazenji
I see

i'm knocking down the movie just yet, going to see how Ryan Reynolds does his scottish accent first.

the ninjak
Bout time. Not sure about Van Wilder though. He better not try to be funny.

Darth Vicious
The end of days are truly coming!

BruceSkywalker
like the first highlander film.. love the tv series..

ryan reynolds is a joke.. this will flop

Casper Whitey
Movies were stupid, series were even more stupid.

Robtard
I liked the first film, it's cheesy retarded, but it's one of those guilty pleasures from my childhood.

Connery playing an Egyptian, dressed as a Spaniard; wielding a Katana while speaking in a Scottish accent. Pure lolz.

Casper Whitey
OK yeah the first movie was OK.

Dolos
Originally posted by Kazenji
I see

i'm knocking down the movie just yet, going to see how Ryan Reynolds does his scottish accent first.

Should be funny to watch him try.

He already looks like an alcoholic, now he'll sound like one (beats his typical gay androgynous metro voice).

rudester
Here we are born to be kings of the....lol

I use to have a crush on Highlander when I was a kid. Think it's because he was always showing his bum naked on tv and having sex with everyone....lol (hairy ass monkey)

Ryan Reynolds as Highlander No way Jose! He does this weird thing with his voice where he starts talking all serious then pauses as if he's asking a Q. Has anyone noticed this weird trait?

rudester
Highlander II: The Quickening was probably the worst movie in the history of movies.

And on another note I'm more of a Duncan Macleod fan then Connor MacLeod.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rudester
Highlander II: The Quickening was probably the worst movie in the history of movies.

And on another note I'm more of a Duncan Macleod fan then Connor MacLeod.

thumb up

Kazenji

If your referring about them being aliens in that sequel, Go and watch the director's cut.

rudester
Haven't watched it. Will do. I'm sorry but highlander being from the planet zeist, I mean the planet itself sounds like a yeast infection; if it wasn't for the original actors I wouldn't have taken the movie seriously. The bad alien robots just looked silly but then again it was the 90's and there was a lot of fake sets and customs going around. It was a low budget movie you could tell. Worst Sequels of All Time, i'd just skip to Highlander 3, which was really good. The aliens stole the flying skateboards from back-to-the-future...lol

Kazenji
And also why is there sequels to it in the first place, When the whole point of the Quickening is so there can only be one immortal left.

steverules_2
Not sure if this is worse or less worse than him being rumored as the next batman...I guess less since it's batman

the ninjak
I would prefer an accomplished swordsman/actor playing the part of Connor.

Like the guy who played D'Artagnan in The Musketeer...Justin Chambers.

An accomplished swordsman. The role doesn't require someone like Reynolds.

rudester
He probably got the role because he played deadpool

Robtard
He probably got the role because he played deadpool

No. He got the role cos he'll draw crowds of closeted sausage-jockeys when he takes off his shirt, which he undoubtedly will at least once, if not more.

Jedi Sheriff
Is The Kurrgan going to be in it?

If so.

Who play?

They're probably lining up Gerard Butler thinking about it. Or Kane.

steverules_2
Yes he is, I heard a few actors listed but the only one I remember them thinking of using was Vinnie Jones...there were others but I can't remember them

I watched Highlander last night for the first time...meh

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2

I watched Highlander last night for the first time...meh

I'm just saying it's easy to judge a classic movie by today's standards & think it's meh.

But when you see it for the first time back in '86...this movie stays with you as part of your childhood growing up.

Sadako of Girth
Highlander 1 rules.

The movies got subsequently dumber with every movie. (3 was dumb and whilst arguably better than 2 in most ways sucked hard as a photocopy of the 1st) but the downward curve was clear to see.

They cannot find a band as good as the Freddy fronted Queen to do the soundtrack, sadly. And there will probably be repeats of this:
nr4F7Jmafj0

I say give things a chance, usually, but IMO they should leave this alone.

FrothByte
I won't bash Reynolds in just yet. He's usually bad when he tries to put comic relief into action roles (Blade Trinity, Green Lantern, etc.) but if they could somehow convince him to play Highlander without interjecting any of his romcom qualities... well, maybe it will come out not so bad?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm just saying it's easy to judge a classic movie by today's standards & think it's meh.

But when you see it for the first time back in '86...this movie stays with you as part of your childhood growing up.

I was born in 1990 so I never got to do that sad

Esau Cairn

At least you have Harry Potter.....& Twilight. wink

steverules_2
Oh crap

the ninjak

HaHa you poor bastard. big grin

But being born 10 yrs after us is no excuse for hating on good stuff.

steverules_2
Being born 10 years later doesn't make me hate on good stuff...like Star Wars for example, I love it...but highlander isn't a movie I thought was amazing, it was ok but not a classic in my opinion but if other people think so think so then thats fine

Nemesis X
Another Highlander? THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

the ninjak
Being born 10 years later doesn't make me hate on good stuff...like Star Wars for example, I love it...but highlander isn't a movie I thought was amazing, it was ok but not a classic in my opinion but if other people think so think so then thats fine

Yeah I getcha, I don't think anybody considers Highlander to be a cinematic classic. It's just a guilty pleasure with a great soundtrack, cheeseball characters and a brilliant premise.
The movie doesn't take itself too seriously either. It's a very schizophrenic series like the Howling films.

It's just that alot of younger friends have been telling me lately that they saw it as well and said it sucked. It just makes me scratch my head.

rudester
Originally posted by the ninjak

It's just that alot of younger friends have been telling me lately that they saw it as well and said it sucked. It just makes me scratch my head.

Well its a different generation so old movies just aren't as fulfilling because there is no CGI and no real 3d light show.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Another Highlander? THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

don't say that.. that line prolly won;t be even used laughing out loud

steverules_2
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah I getcha, I don't think anybody considers Highlander to be a cinematic classic. It's just a guilty pleasure with a great soundtrack, cheeseball characters and a brilliant premise.
The movie doesn't take itself too seriously either. It's a very schizophrenic series like the Howling films.

Thats what I thought, the acting is bad but it's like it's done on purpose like they were having fun with it and I liked that, I loved Sean in it I thought he was a real highlight smile

Kazenji
Dave Bautista Will Play 'The Kurgan' In HIGHLANDER Reboot

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=115165

Esau Cairn
Tom Cruise as Ramirez...oh sweet Jesus no.
Just walk away Tom....stay the F away.

Actually I'm calling this BS.
Pay Cruise millions to star in a remake...don't think so.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Tom Cruise as Ramirez...oh sweet Jesus no.
Just walk away Tom....stay the F away.

They really need to get a Egyption actor for that role

otherwise it'll be exactly like the original with its stupid logic.

queeq
Ah Highlander... the good old days.

Yeah, even the first movie is a tad flawed. But... it certainly wasn't at the time. It had a great irony about itself (like that scene where Lambert shoots the nazi and ends it with that cheesy 'master race' line).

I remember it with great fondness! And the blu ray is nice.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by queeq
Ah Highlander... the good old days.

f (like that scene where Lambert shoots the nazi and ends it with that cheesy 'master race' line).

Nah it was never that cheesy to me.

Juz Lambert saying, "You're the master race...? Well I'm an immortal Highlander!"

Star428
I loved all these films and the tv series so much until I had seen'em all so many times that they started to get boring. The original Highlander is a classic but I liked Endgame the best.

I really hope Tom Cruise won't be playing Ramirez in the remake. He doesn't fit the role at all. The guy who is going to be playing the Kurgan is not bad but doubt he'll be as good as Clancy Brown was. His performance is going to be a tough one to follow.

BruceSkywalker
hopefully the person playing Connor is somebody good

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hopefully the person playing Connor is somebody good

If Cruise has his way, he'll play the entire cast!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.