Spock (2009 Star Trek) Vs Bourne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
Let's transport Bourne into Spock's time and dimension - and have him as an assassin under a captain for a renegade Star Fleet vessel.

Of course Kirk's Enterprise attempts to stop the renegade Captain. Bourne is beamed aboard their ship to assassinate Kirk (after learning to use the laser weaponry of course), but is intercepted by Spock, who manages to disarm Bourne by surprise, and is already disarmed himself.

The rest of the crew is too busy to assist Spock in the ensuing melee.

rudester
^gay. This looks like a good spot to shit post.

KingD19
Vulcan's are somewhere between 2-3 times stronger than a human. All he has to do is land a few hits for a win.

omgchos
Will he be able to is the question. He seemed a bit of a brawler. And it was 2009 iirc.

KingD19
Yeah, it was 2009.

And I think if Spock actually fought and wasn't giving in to his anger, he'd do a lot better. But still, even glancing hits at 2 to 3 times stronger than a human will have Bourne on the ropes.

Dolos
Originally posted by rudester
^gay. This looks like a good spot to shit post.

Do you mean troll?

wink

rudester
Originally posted by Dolos
Do you mean troll?

wink

Nice name Dolos is it now?

Dolos
Nice name Dolos is it now?

"Dolos (sometimes pronounced "Dolus"wink is the spirit of trickery and guile. He is also a master at cunning deception, craftiness, and treachery. He is apprentice of the Titan Prometheus, and Pseudologi."

BACK ON TOPIC: Vulcans are stated to be three times stronger than an average human.

rudester
"Dolos (sometimes pronounced "Dolus"wink is the spirit of trickery and guile. He is also a master at cunning deception, craftiness, and treachery. He is apprentice of the Titan Prometheus, and Pseudologi."

BACK ON TOPIC: Vulcans are stated to be three times stronger than an average human.

U know you are so cute when you want to be. Wat a nerd.

But back on topic...

Vulcans have the mind meld, pretty much are masters of the mind and are apparently faster then humans and a lot stronger so that being said Bourne wouldn't stand a chance.

Dolos
U know you are so cute when you want to be. Wat a nerd.

Well then I must fit in just perfectly on "internet forums". You're no outcast here either Mr/Mrs "Senior Member". stick out tongue

Darth Martin
So just because he shit on an average brawler in Kirk we're supposed to assume he'd do the same to one of our premier, if not the top, H2H combatants in this forum?

Bourne's no ordinary human anyway. Dude freefalls in vehicles, drops down several stories, punks multiple operatives regularly, and does all this while being shot, stabbed, etc.

omgchos
I was pointing out that he was just swinging wildly. Both instances we get are him being pissed so that could be the reason he didnt seem to skilled as he was throwing a tantrum both times. We dont have enough info on spock to be able to say one way or the other.

Dolos
Originally posted by omgchos
I was pointing out that he was just swinging wildly. Both instances we get are him being pissed so that could be the reason he didnt seem to skilled as he was throwing a tantrum both times. We dont have enough info on spock to be able to say one way or the other.

Everything Spock did both times resulted in a victory.

Remember the other VULCAN he attacked as a child was on the "clear-headed" defensive mode of fight or flight...yet he didn't have the technical skill to match Spock in hand to hand.

When Spock decimated Kirk's defense he displayed a very technical offensive style, employing a three stage set up. Hammerfist gets Kirk's arms high in an x block, which opens up the throat for an attack, throat punch completely immobilizes Kirk, then that killer instinct told Spock to finish him by cutting off his air-supply with a one-handed choke against his helpless enemy.

Some people fight more clearly when they're angry than not, emotions play a big role in our performance. Anger releases the fight or flight stress-hormone cortisol, and being in that zone can enhance perceptions, just like with Bourne.

Robtard
Spock wrecks Bourne. Far superior in strength and durability.

If by some chance Bourne makes it through Spock, Kirk wt**** stomps him.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard

exactly

Dolos

Kirk is a highly trained and experienced combatant but....???

What exactly puts him above Spock?

Impediment
If I recall, Spock was ready to strangle Kirk after a hefty ass whipping. Only because Spock's dad intervened did Kirk live.

Bourne, while highly trained, can't hold a candle to a Vulcan.

Robtard
Kirk is a highly trained and experienced combatant but....???

What exactly puts him above Spock?

1) Kirk > Khan. Khan >Spock

2) A severely weakened Kirk handled his own for a good 6 mins against Spock while Spock was in kill-all mode and Kirk wasn't trying to harm Spock. "Amok Time" Season 2 Episode 1.

Dolos
1) Kirk > Khan. Khan >Spock

2) A severely weakened Kirk handled his own for a good 6 mins against Spock while Spock was in kill-all mode and Kirk wasn't trying to harm Spock. "Amok Time" Season 2 Episode 1.

Kahn is 5 times stronger than Kirk.

Kirk didn't win ANY of those fights. He survived, he's a survivor, not a killer...comparably.

Kirk did kill Kahn, but he very much lost the physical battle. That's like saying Obi-wan is better than Anakin because his unbreakable defensive form allowed him to immobilize Anakin because he 'ended' up having a terrain-advantage (high ground)...when it was literally stated by the film-makers that Anakin was a higher level Jedi than Obi-wan after beating Dooku.

Robtard
Kahn is 5 times stronger than Kirk.

Kirk didn't win ANY of those fights. He survived, he's a survivor, not a killer...comparably.

Kirk did kill Kahn, but he very much lost the physical battle. That's like saying Obi-wan is better than Anakin because his unbreakable defensive form allowed him to immobilize Anakin because he 'ended' up having a terrain-advantage (high ground)...when it was literally stated by the film-makers that Anakin was a higher level Jedi than Obi-wan after beating Dooku.

Khan is about X5 stronger than a normal man.

Wrong. Kirk beat Khan in a fight, at the end of Space Seed. Granted it was a narrow win, but at the end of the fight Kirk was bloody and standing; Khan was on the floor unconscious. That's a win.

B_c1Odol9xw

PS, using your terrain to your advantage is part of one's prowess in battle.

Dolos
So then what makes you think Kirk could ever beat Spock???

He's only ever survived their fights, 2 losses and one stalemate. Statistically, Spock is the better fighter.

Off-topic, Obi-wan is limited by his terrain. Yes he's better at utilizing it because of his defensive style, but that never saved him against Dooku...Anakin's abilities did save Obi-Wan, and then Anakin's skill completely dominated Qui-Gon's master.

This discussion was resolved with Spock as the victor for the majority of the comments, this has turned into a cock-comparison battle of Star Trek and Star Wars knowledge between Rob and myself.

Robtard
So then what makes you think Kirk could ever beat Spock???

He's only ever survived their fights, 2 losses and one stalemate. Statistically, Spock is the better fighter.

Off-topic, Obi-wan is limited by his terrain. Yes he's better at utilizing it because of his defensive style, but that never saved him against Dooku...Anakin's abilities did save Obi-Wan, and then Anakin's skill completely dominated Qui-Gon's master.

Because Kirk has more fights overall under his belt; against opponents that are toughrr than Spock. Khan, the Gorn.. Because while weakened be did a good job lasting against Spock.

Look at Kirk's fight with the Orian/Andorian Thelev. Kirk takes a knife to the kidney and keeps on fighting. Kirk is like a force of nature.

I wasn't arguing that Obi is better than Vader. Just pointing out that "Obi won cos of terrain" is a faulty premise to bring him down. Usage of terrain is a battle skill.

Dolos
Because he has more fights overall under his belt. Because while weakened be did a good job lasting against Spock.

Look at Kirk's fight with the Orian/Andorian Thelev. Kirk takes a knife to the kidney and keeps on fighting. Kirk is like a force of nature.

I wasn't arguing that Obi is better than Vader. Just pointing out that "Obi won cos of terrain" is a faulty premise to bring him down. Usage of terrain is a battle skill.

Yes, Kirk is like the Rocky Balboa of Star Trek, but Spock is still superior physically and martially. The only thing Spock lacks is Kirk's courage and cunning.

The context of my original statement on the matter was to the effect of the winner isn't always the better fighter...and winning against a better fighter is possible given ideal conditions but the better fighter should always be picked to win a versus debate in a scenario like the OP for obvious reasons.

Robtard
Spock is, but as noted, Kirk has no problem besting opponents who are physically and martially his superior. Kirk simply wins most of the time, it's just what he does. Ignoring this of Kirk is like ignoring Spock has pointy ears and a chest full of manly man hairs.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Vulcan's are somewhere between 2-3 times stronger than a human. All he has to do is land a few hits for a win. How strong is a half Vulcan half human like Spock is?

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
How strong is a half Vulcan half human like Spock is?

Despite being one-half whiteboy, Spock is comparable to a full Vulcan.

The Silent Hero
I'm leaning towards Bourne. I didn't see anything from Spock that was more skillful or better than what Bourne's adversaries could do.

He'd probably beat Kirk too.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
I'm leaning towards Bourne. I didn't see anything from Spock that was more skillful or better than what Bourne's adversaries could do.

He'd probably beat Kirk too.

Superior strength by a magnitude of x3. Vulcan nerve pinch.

LoL, no.

KingD19
Rob's right. Kirk despite being outclassed is just one of those guys. Who just wins because he wins. Despite how ridiculous and outlandish it is.

And no, Bourne for all his skill can't hold out against a non-fodder opponent who has upwards of 3 times the strength, speed, and durability of a human.

Robtard
Vulcan durability is about the same as a humans. Spock still wins.

Mindset
What happens if Bourne rips Spock's ears off?

I assume that's where all his powers originate from.

Robtard

I assume that's where all his powers originate from.

That's actually a misconception.

A Vulcan derives his/her powers from their hairy chests:

http://www.wolfgnards.com/media/blogs/photos/celebrities/kirk-and-spock-shirtless.jpg

Mindset
http://worldofwonder.net/2010/06/23/26c8e5c5_sidebyside.jpg

Robtard
http://worldofwonder.net/2010/06/23/26c8e5c5_sidebyside.jpg

Kirk derives his powers from his clean-as-an-Asian-boy's hairless chest. As you can see, Kirk is class 100 in those regards.

rudester
hairy chesties is rather nicey... I have a hairy chest like a monkey and I prefer it to smooth kirks chest like women...lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.