Andrew & Magneto vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Andrew(Chronicle)
Magneto(composite)

vs.

Thor
Iron Man
Hulk

Fight takes place in Manhattan
Only restriction is lasers and Magneto direct control of Iron Man

Mindset
Avengers.

I don't remember Mags ever using shields, or it would be closer.

Darth Martin
Iron Man and Thor are ****ed methinks. Doubt they could stop Hulk though.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Iron Man and Thor are ****ed methinks. Doubt they could stop Hulk though. How are IM and Thor phucked?

IM would probably knock Magneto the phuck out in seconds.

Then they will attack Andrew who will eventually fall.

omgchos
Well IM is made of metal. Queue the soda can metaphor.

Kazenji
Originally posted by omgchos
Well IM is made of metal. Queue the soda can metaphor.

Did Stark even say it was made of metal?

i know he said something at the end of Iron Man 1 forgot what it was.

omgchos
I dont remember specifically. But even if the actual chassis wasnt metal it has to have conductive materials suck as copper or gold as part of the circuitry. So either hes crushed or inoperable.

Newjak
I think the opening post has stated that Magneto can not directly control IMs armor.

omgchos
No just not directly control him. Turning him into scrap real quick isnt controling him. And that doesnt exclude the removal of all the solders and wires that make up his circuitry.

Casper Whitey
Andrew crushes IM like a tin can.

Newjak
Originally posted by omgchos
No just not directly control him. Turning him into scrap real quick isnt controling him. And that doesnt exclude the removal of all the solders and wires that make up his circuitry. I took it to mean Magneto can not directly interfere with IM's suit in anyway.

omgchos
If you are right
This thread is pure spite
With thor and hulk still to deal with.

In any case IM is fodder to Andrew. And should be to Magneto regardless of ambiguous restrictions. And movie mags has no way of fighting thor or hulk. So both IM and Mags dont really belong here anyway.

BlackZero30x
I sadly have never seen chronicle. I only have seen the trailers. could I get a feat listing?

The Silent Hero
Iron Man fires everything he has at Andrew and he'll die. He has like a dozen of those dart-bullets on this shoulders, the ring of missiles around his arm, the more powerful rockets, etc. Andrew hasn't shown he can block them all. One of the dozens of cops could have killed him with a shot but it's because of the plot that they didn't.

Hulk engages Magneto.

If they're not dead yet, then Thors calls lightning down on both of them. They can't block that.

Utrigita
Iron man will be ripped apart in seconds by Magneto, so he is a non factor atleast imo. I guess it basically boils down to whether or not Magneto can control thors amor if Thor has his combat gear on, if it's the same cloths as when he fought the Hulk it doesn't matter. But I still see this as close. And can imo go either way. Good fight.

Silent Master
Can movie Magneto really rip apart Iron-man's armor that fast? I thought all his major feats took a noticable amount of time.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Silent Master
Can movie Magneto really rip apart Iron-man's armor that fast? I thought all his major feats took a noticable amount of time.

Ironman is a human sized man in a suit of armor. Magneto in the movies opened a train like a tin can, and turned the entire convoy guarding Mystique into scrap without breaking a sweat and ripped his way into a sub without difficulty. There was some things that required alot of time and concentration, getting into Cerebro and lifting the Golden Gate bridge, but even turning that Antenna didn't require alot of focus from Magneto when he found his state of mind, and old Magneto is well alot more experienced then his younger self.

Silent Master
Neither the train, the vehicles or a 60's era sub are anywhere near Iron-man's level of duability.

Now, I'm not saying that he can't damage Iron-man's armor, just that I don't recall any feats to suggest he'd be able to render it useless in seconds.

Robtard
In X2, he ripped apart what looked like a bank vault door. Iron Man would get crushed as if he were a tin can. Do we need to bring in his bridge feat?

marwash22
Neither the train, the vehicles or a 60's era sub are anywhere near Iron-man's level of duability.

Now, I'm not saying that he can't damage Iron-man's armor, just that I don't recall any feats to suggest he'd be able to render it useless in seconds. bermm

Silent Master
Originally posted by Robtard
In X2, he ripped apart what looked like a bank vault door. Iron Man would get crushed as if he were a tin can. Do we need to bring in his bridge feat?

Again, I'm not saying that he can't damage Iron-man's armor, just that I haven't seen anything to suggest he could render it useless in a matter of seconds.

And for the record, I believe Iron-man's armor is more durable than a bank vault door, unles such doors are able to take tank shells without damage.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Mindset
Avengers.

I don't remember Mags ever using shields, or it would be closer.

Didn't he use his magnetic shield in first class? I think he did, cause when Moira was shooting at him one the bullets bounced off his 'shield' and hit Xavier

marwash22
Again, I'm not saying that he can't damage Iron-man's armor, just that I haven't seen anything to suggest he could render it useless in a matter of seconds.

And for the record, I believe Iron-man's armor is more durable than a bank vault door, unles such doors are able to take tank shells without damage. what does durability have to do with Iron Man, a man in a metal suit, being ripped apart by a man who controls metal?

Utrigita

Now, I'm not saying that he can't damage Iron-man's armor, just that I don't recall any feats to suggest he'd be able to render it useless in seconds.

The thing is though that Magneto doesn't really seem to distinguish between how durable the metal is. He manipulates it just the same, whether it be Adamantium or Iron he doesn't really seem to care. The thing that seems to matter most is the scope of the object he wishes to control.

I might have overhyped it abit by saying seconds, let me modify it to maybe 5-10 seconds before Iron Man is done, I don't think it has a huge importance because Iron Man will still not be able to contribute to the fight.

Silent Master
Originally posted by marwash22
what does durability have to do with Iron Man, a man in a metal suit, being ripped apart by a man who controls metal?

Which would be easier to rip, tin or adamantium?

Robtard

And for the record, I believe Iron-man's armor is more durable than a bank vault door, unles such doors are able to take tank shells without damage.

Tony's head being crushed under helmet would take Magneto about a second and it would render him and his suit useless. Considering Magneto could apply part of the force he used to rip/lift/carry the GGB just to the small area of his helmet.

The door was a few feet thick of what was probably high grade steel. It actually was probably a blast door, considering it was in a secret government underground bunker.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Utrigita
The thing is though that Magneto doesn't really seem to distinguish between how durable the metal is. He manipulates it just the same, whether it be Adamantium or Iron he doesn't really seem to care. The thing that seems to matter most is the scope of the object he wishes to control.

I might have overhyped it abit by saying seconds, let me modify it to maybe 5-10 seconds before Iron Man is done, I don't think it has a huge importance because Iron Man will still not be able to contribute to the fight.

Movie Magneto has never bent or broke adamantium, all he did to Wolverine's claws was pull them in different directions to inflict pain.

Silent Master
Tony's head being crushed under helmet would take Magneto about a second and it would render him and his suit useless. Considering Magneto could apply part of the force he used to rip/lift/carry the GGB just to the small area of his helmet.

The door was a few feet thick of what was probably high grade steel. It actually was probably a blast door, considering it was in a secret government underground bunker.

Can you show me any feats where Magneto actually crushes something that durable in a second?

Robtard
Can you show me any feats where Magneto actually crushes something that durable in a second?

His greater feats allow him to do something which would be minor by comparison.

Thor was able to crush the suit's braces and then rip off the face-plate with utter ease, are you suggesting that Thor's strength in his hands surpasses Magneto's output when using metal as a medium?

the ninjak
Why are people arguing Magneto's abilities?

He twisted Adamantium. And "smelled it from a mile away"

He WILL bend Tony into a twisted pretzel and "arguably" send Mjorlnir through the other combatant's heads. As fast as he controlled the mercury balls when escaping the installation in X2.

Maybe Thor's control over Mjolnir overrides Magneto's influences but I would like to see anyone argue otherwise.

The OP regulates that Magneto can't control Ironman's armor so WHAT THE F!

He gets blasted in a few seconds.....kind of sad really.

So it's the Avengers versus Chronicle Kid. And they win eventually.

Silent Master
I'm suggesting that Magneto has zero feats of using that amount of power within a couple of seconds

Silent Master
Originally posted by the ninjak
Why are people arguing Magneto's abilities?

He twisted Adamantium. And "smelled it from a mile away"

He WILL bend Tony into a twisted pretzel and "arguably" send Mjorlnir through the other combatant's heads. As fast as he controlled the mercury balls when escaping the installation in X2.

Maybe Thor's control over Mjolnir overrides Magneto's influences but I would like to see anyone argue otherwise.

The OP regulates that Magneto can't control Ironman's armor so WHAT THE F!

He gets blasted in a few seconds.....kind of sad really.

So it's the Avengers versus Chronicle Kid. And they win eventually.

When did Magneto twist adamantium?

Robtard

I would say Magento can't, I don't see controlling Mjolnir as a matter of "x amount of strength", you're simply worthy or you're not, as noted and seen.

Utrigita
Movie Magneto has never bent or broke adamantium, all he did to Wolverine's claws was pull them in different directions to inflict pain.

Wouldn't that also be bending the Adamantium? Also recall what Magneto said to Wolverine "... That remarkable metal doesn't run through you entire body..." again he doesn't distingish between metal. For him one kinda Alloy is just the same as another kind, it's metal. That could also be seen with the Nuclear Sub, he tore the side of it to gain a entry as casually as he wiped out the convoy in their armored SUV's. It's metal all the same. The only thing that seems to matter is the size of the object he wishes to manipulate.

the ninjak
I'm suggesting that Magneto has zero feats of using that amount of power within a couple of seconds

-He bent Adamantium within a few seconds.
-He unleashed mercury influenced balls around a military installation and destroyed it within no time.
-His control of the truck and crew in X3 was pretty simple in regards to his ability to crush Ironman on a whim.
-His capturing of the entire X-men squad inside the Statue of Liberty showed insane strategical ability to capture multiple foes with metal and hold them in place in X1.

The fight takes place in Manhattan he's soaked in metal.

And I remember him twisting Wolverine's claws.

Robtard
He flexed the claws slightly, it's a matter of opinion whether he flexed the blades or he merely manipulated the joints.

IMO, he flexed the blades, as what he said about adamantium implies that he was testing just how "remarkeble" it was.

the ninjak
He bent the claws ......he bent Adamantium. I need to see the scene again.

But such a feat is through the roof, if he just bent the claws within the ligaments in Logan's fists then that shows he can't do it though I thought he twisted the tips of the claws.

Silent Master
He flexed the claws slightly, it's a matter of opinion whether he flexed the blades or he merely manipulated the joints.

IMO, he flexed the blades, as what he said about adamantium implies that he was testing just how "remarkeble" it was.

I don't recall the metal being damaged afterwards.

Robtard
I don't recall the metal being damaged afterwards.

I didn't say Magneto damaged the claws, I said he 'flexed them slighty'. You can flex a knife slightly and not damage it.

Robtard
Here's the scene:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mrnm_x-men-magneto-takes-rouge_shortfilms#.UL-qBOTBGm4

It does appear to be more of the joint manipulation actually.

Silent Master
I didn't say Magneto damaged the claws, I said he 'flexed them slighty'. You can flex a knife slightly and not damage it.

I was adding that to support your theory that he was just moving the claws and not twisting them which would imply damage.

Robtard
I was adding that to support your theory that he was just moving the claws and not twisting them which would imply damage.

Seems I was wrong though, it appears to be the joint. Which is still impressive, as those joints would also be made of adamantium and durable enough not to flex and cause him pain (as Magneto did) while Wolverine is cutting through a foot thick door of steel etc.

At least I don't recall Wolverine wincing in pain when he hits/cuts tough objects.

the ninjak
Couldn't watch the vid sad
I'll watch the film scene again soon eventually.
But I remember twisting.....I'll be back! big grin

Robtard
Couldn't watch the vid sad
I'll watch the film scene again soon eventually.
But I remember twisting.....I'll be back! big grin

Google "X-Men Magneto takes Rogue", you might get a link your backwards Aussie ass can watch.

There's no twisting.

Silent Master
Right, but there was no mention or evidence that he actually damaged the joints either, so IMO the durability of metal does matter. Again, I'm not saying that Magneto can't damage Iron-man's armor....I just don't think he's rendering it useless in a few seconds.

Nor in my opinion would he attack Iron-man first, as Thor and the Hulk are much bigger threats

juggerman
Right, but there was no mention or evidence that he actually damaged the joints either, so IMO the durability of metal does matter. Again, I'm not saying that Magneto can't damage Iron-man's armor....I just don't think he's rendering it useless in a few seconds.

Nor in my opinion would he attack Iron-man first, as Thor and the Hulk are much bigger threats

If there are 3 opponents and one has metal he'll get them 1st. Watch the scene when he traps the X-Men in the Statue of Liberty. Wolverine was the 1st to go even tho the rest were more of a danger to him

the ninjak
He would Attack Ironman first due to the fact he's an armored opponent.

And he would crush him as easily as the cars he destroyed in X3 during the convoy takeover.

Utrigita

I upped and gave Iron Man 5-10 seconds.

I actually see Magneto going to Iron Man first, simply because it's the guy he will have the easiest time with of them all. Just like Magneto takes out Wolverine first, even though he isn't the biggest threat, it's smply because it's easy and one less opponent to worry about. I would think the same applies here but that is just imo.

Silent Master
Originally posted by juggerman
If there are 3 opponents and one has metal he'll get them 1st. Watch the scene when he traps the X-Men in the Statue of Liberty. Wolverine was the 1st to go even tho the rest were more of a danger to him

Attacking Iron-man first would be a mistake, because even if it only took a couple of seconds, by the time he was done he'd either be eating a hammer or a lightning bolt.

juggerman
Attacking Iron-man first would be a mistake, because even if it only took a couple of seconds, by the time he was done he'd either be eating a hammer or a lightning bolt.

Probably. If Andrew didn't protect him or keep the other two busy that is.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Utrigita
I upped and gave Iron Man 5-10 seconds.

I actually see Magneto going to Iron Man first, simply because it's the guy he will have the easiest time with of them all. Just like Magneto takes out Wolverine first, even though he isn't the biggest threat, it's smply because it's easy and one less opponent to worry about. I would think the same applies here but that is just imo.

I could agree with 5-10 seconds. heck I'd probably agree to the 5.

However attacking Iron-man first is a bad idea, becasue that gives Thor more than enough time to send an attack at Magneto.

the ninjak
Google "X-Men Magneto takes Rogue", you might get a link your backwards Aussie ass can watch.

There's no twisting.

Lol. Mind showing a link. I can't find find anything in this backwards country.

Utrigita
I could agree with 5-10 seconds. heck I'd probably agree to the 5.

However attacking Iron-man first is a bad idea, becasue that gives Thor more than enough time to send an attack at Magneto.

Cool, I upped to five because I wasn't quite sure how Magneto would handle a Iron body that could go Supersonic. He stopped a falling plane but I don't know how fast that is.

That however is the disadvantage of being 2 vs 3, if Magneto focus on Thor, it opens for Iron Man to get of his shots with the Repulsor beams (which Magneto has no counter to that I can think of), and if he focus on Iron Man he might get Mjolner in the face. I actually think that the best option team one has, is to take flight because then they don't have to "worry" that much about Hulk, and it'll be kinda a 2v2 with Thor vs Andrew and Magneto vs Iron Man. The thing is though that the Avengers is used to working together have voice com, so... I don't think it'll be easy there either. Hence the best way I see team one lasting long is to dispose of Iron Man as quickly as possible.

omgchos
Derp
Besides the mental capacity to stop a bulet midflight? Thats fast as hell. And im nt talking bout his shield. Im talking about when he shot the guard and then stopped the bullet before it turned his brain to mush. Thats pretty goddamn fast lol.

omgchos
Also with jsut eh motion of raising his arms he lifted 2 cop cars off of the gorund into the air. No hesitation. The same for facerolling the convoy in X3.

Silent Master
So?

omgchos
Derp
So derp instantaneous magnetic feats by magneto. With one thought IM would go down. If the thread starter hadnt left that ambiguous restrict. Tho he doesnt have to control him if he pancakes him.

Silent Master
I don't know what point you're trying to make, as I never said Magneto was unable to damage Iron-man's armor.

omgchos
Derp

You did make it out to be a time issue. Therefore........

Mindset
Are people still saying Magneto beats anyone here?

He can't manipulate IM's armor per the OP.

He gets oneshot.

the ninjak

There's no twisting.

Watched Xmen again and Magneto bent the Adamantium claws.

The scene where Logan's about to destroy the device on the Statue of Liberty of Mags is trying to stop him.

Robtard
FFW: 1:25:30 onward

Good call, totally forgot about that.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/843/bendy.png

FFW: 1:25:30 onward

http://www.ovguide.com/x-men-9202a8c04000641f8000000000062413

Silent Master
The funny thing is, the claws are back to normal after that scene.

Also wasn't that the machine made to mutate people, if so it might not have been strictly magnetic power doing it.

Robtard
It's a very odd scene no doubt and I was tempted to say "It was just a visual distortion", but there's nothing to suggest it was for sure and that a machine that mutants organics (humans) also affects metal. Unless I'm forgetting something else in the X-Men?

Kudos to Ninjak for remembering that scene.

I'm now lolling harder at the several Thor wankers in the 'Magneto Vs Thor' thread. "Magneto can't crush Thor's armor!" "Thor could rip out and carry the Golden Gate Bridge!" as adamantium and Magneto not being able to affect it was brought up in there. Oh well.

Nibedicus
Also, bear in mind, that's a weakened Magneto.

But remembering Chronicle, Andrew really wasn't that powerful and focusing his powers tooo much seemed to cause him pain or at least required a great effort from him or at the least was enhanced due to his rage (not really sure w/c is true tho). And his "showings" in the movie don't really match up to Hulk, Thor or IM.

He murders the 3 Dudvengers, tho (Cap, Hawkeye and BW).

It'll come down to IM, Thor and Hulk and since Magneto can't affect IM's armor in any way. I'll have to admit that he gets shot by Repulsor and dies. That is unless he's given an excess of things to manipulate.

Silent Master
It's a very odd scene no doubt and I was tempted to say "It was just a visual distortion", but there's nothing to suggest it was for sure and that a machine that mutants organics (humans) also affects metal. Unless I'm forgetting something else in the X-Men?

Kudos to Ninjak for remembering that scene.

I'm now lolling harder at the several Thor wankers in the 'Magneto Vs Thor' thread. "Magneto can't crush Thor's armor!" "Thor could rip out and carry the Golden Gate Bridge!" as adamantium and Magneto not being able to affect it was brought up in there. Oh well.

Well, couldn't the claws being back to normal after that scene point to it being a visual distortion?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mindset
How are IM and Thor phucked?

IM would probably knock Magneto the phuck out in seconds.

Then they will attack Andrew who will eventually fall. This isn't the comic books. Iron Man is a goner. He has no tricks up his sleeve to counteract Erik's manipulation of magnetism. As far as I'm concerned, Mjolnir is metal. Let's be honest, Thor is pretty weak without his hammer. He won't be able to fly, summon lightning, etc. He's essentially a brute without it(one who obviously isn't on Hulk's tier). As soon as the fight starts, Thor will throw his hammer and either opponent will take it out of the fight.

Again, I don't really see how these telekinetics can **** with Hulk with maybe the exception of hitting him extremely hard with Mjolnir. I don't know, seems unlikely.

I seem to recall Magneto slightly bending Adamantium in the first film. That should tell you how powerful he is. Iron Man is a weak link as far as I'm concerned.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Martin
This isn't the comic books. Iron Man is a goner. He has no tricks up his sleeve to counteract Erik's manipulation of magnetism. Well it's a good thing Mags can't do anything to his suit in this thread.

Silent Master
I don't see anyone taking Mjolnir out of the fight, the second they try and move it, Odin's enchantment would kick in and it hits the ground.

The enchantment also stopped people from moving the hammer, remember the truck scene?

Also, Thor can summon the hammer.

Newjak
I forgot about that scene in X-Men one.

Thor would still beat Magneto stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.