Marvel Amped Superman vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DTM
OK, this is Superman at the end of JLA/Avengers, equipped with Cap's Shield and Thor's Hammer, against standard Thanos (not co-hort to Death, just standard non IG/HOTU enhanced, Mad Titan).

Who wins?

janus77
Thanos shoves the hammer up Superman's arse and slices his head off with the shield.

DTM
Personally, Im going with Superman here to win more than not in the end. Hes basically the top of the food chain of his ilk, and adding in Thors hammer (for even more damage from each and every one of his hits), and Caps shield (which is strong enough to block Thanos' punches and blasts), add in Supes speed, experience, willpower and overall determination, and yeah I think Kal takes Thanos more than not.

Philosophía
Superman puts the hammer and shield down and then beats the utter shit out of Thanos.

Nihilist
Superman would need aids such as this if he ever were to come close to beating Thanos

Philosophía
Originally posted by Nihilist
Superman would need aids such as this I didn't know you had AIDS, nor do I think Superman would need it to beat Thanos, since he wouldn't bleed in the first place.

abhilegend

Nihilist
Wow Superfags tugging each other off that's something new....

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM
OK, this is Superman at the end of JLA/Avengers, equipped with Cap's Shield and Thor's Hammer, against standard Thanos (not co-hort to Death, just standard non IG/HOTU enhanced, Mad Titan).

Who wins?

Normal standard Superman can beat Thanos

TheHulk
Superman 8/10

Juntai

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud @ the exchange above

DTM
SUPERMAN (Marvel Amped) - 5 votes

THANOS - 1 vote

zopzop
Thanos. Solid High Trans Tier being backed by his tech >>>>>> Elite High Herald with powerful artifact and useless shield.

DTM
I would hardly call Caps shield useless, even against what Thanos can bring.

zopzop
Originally posted by DTM
I would hardly call Caps shield useless, even against what Thanos can bring.
Force Block..........game over.

DTM
I dont even know what that means. stick out tongue

zopzop
Originally posted by DTM
I dont even know what that means. stick out tongue
Thanos used a force block attack vs an insane Power Gem enhanced Thor and took him out of the fight instantly. This version of Thor was wiping the floor with teams of heralds and laughing off Adam Warlock and Classic Dr. Strange's mystic attacks.

DTM
So Thanos blasted WM Thor for a KO? Why would Superman not either be able to block that with Caps shield or use his superspeed to dodge it?

zopzop
Originally posted by DTM
So Thanos blasted WM Thor for a KO? Why would Superman not either be able to block that with Caps shield or use his superspeed to dodge it?
The force block encased insane Power Gem enhanced Thor and he couldn't break out of it (it was stated that EVENTUALLY he'd gain enough energy from the Power Gem to break free but that shit held him long enough for him to be transported to Asgard AND while Thanos was fighting Odin).

If Thanos whips out the force block trick, the fight is over instantly.

Silent Master
Originally posted by DTM

No, Thanos ran away from the fight and came back with a weapon which he used to incase Thor in a block of energy.

DTM
OK, so first off, why couldnt Superman (who is much faster than Thor) dodge the attack, and secondly, that course of action is hardly in character for how Thanos fights (I wouldnt be surprised if that was the only time Thanos has ever used it).

DTM
Originally posted by Silent Master
No, Thanos ran away from the fight and came back with a weapon which he used to incase Thor in a block of energy.

Ah, so that was a specially retrieved weapon, and not a standard Thanos ability? If so, clearly he wouldnt be able to do so here, obviously.

zopzop
Originally posted by DTM
Ah, so that was a specially retrieved weapon, and not a standard Thanos ability? If so, clearly he wouldnt be able to do so here, obviously.
Yes and No.

Thanos tech is a part of him. Later when he fought Odin, he whipped out the same attack with no gun in sight.

EDIT, the proof :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35192/2382780-warlock_25_27.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Force Block..........game over.
I didn't know he gets his plot device gun in this fight. That's not a standard equipment for thanos.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
I didn't know he gets his plot device gun in this fight. That's not a standard equipment for thanos.
Check the link in my previous post. Force Block in action.........gun nowhere to be found.

Juntai
Check the link in my previous post. Force Block in action.........gun nowhere to be found. What do you think the likelihood that he'd use this ability is?
Has he used it once in the past 25 years? Noting that Blood and Thunder was 1987.
And has only used it once seemingly without the gun, in 50 years and only twice if we include it?
And both times in the same story?

DarkSaint85
Abhi is just twitching to use the singing him out of existence feat...I know it.

zopzop
Originally posted by Juntai
What do you think the likelihood that he'd use this ability is?
Has he used it once in the past 25 years? Noting that Blood and Thunder was 1987.
And has only used it once seemingly without the gun, in 50 years and only twice if we include it?
And both times in the same story?
My point is, Thanos has lots of tricks up his sleeve via his tech. His tech is basically a part of him and he can call up on his devices at whim. That was proven in that Blood and Thunder arc where he used the force block effect without needing his gun.

And this is ignoring the fact that he's a respectable High Trans being.

Also the B&T arc took place in 1993-1994 big grin

DarkOdin
Assuming Superamn knows how to weild mjolnit he could just use mjolnir top abosrb the force block, Thor more then likley could do it to but hey he was freaking crazy at the time

h1a8
My point is, Thanos has lots of tricks up his sleeve via his tech. His tech is basically a part of him and he can call up on his devices at whim. That was proven in that Blood and Thunder arc where he used the force block effect without needing his gun.

And this is ignoring the fact that he's a respectable High Trans being.

Also the B&T arc took place in 1993-1994 big grin

Several things that defeat your argument

1. thanos doesn't have tech anymore since Imperative.
2. Thanos rarely uses the force block, if he's allowed then Superman is allowed to become intangible and phase through it, or better yet sing Thanos out of existence.
Also Superman will dodge a force block more times than Thanos will use it.
3. Superman doesn't need this amps to beat Thanos, he's fast and strong enough to just beat the tar out of him.

You must defeat all of those points to destroy me. Defeating only 1 or 2 of them still net me the win (Superman over Thanos).

Odekahn
Superman wins

zeel
the shield will hamper supermans fighting skills the hammer will help though.

sorry supes still loses =(.

Thanos is stronger and at least as durable, theses people saying standard supes will beat thanos are just plain idiots and not worth listening to.

vince_slice
Thanos.

quanchi112

abhilegend
Check the link in my previous post. Force Block in action.........gun nowhere to be found.
So, he should have just used the same tactic against thor without the gun. Are we arguing with one time technology feats as standard abilities for thanos here?

zopzop
So, he should have just used the same tactic against thor without the gun. Are we arguing with one time technology feats as standard abilities for thanos here?
Right after he used it on THor, he made mention to Warlock or Surfer that it was an experimental weapon and he wasn't sure it would have worked until he tried it.

As soon as it was deemed a success, he used the technique (sans weapon) against Odin.

abhilegend
Right after he used it on THor, he made mention to Warlock or Surfer that it was an experimental weapon and he wasn't sure it would have worked until he tried it.

As soon as it was deemed a success, he used the technique (sans weapon) against Odin.
And never used it again.

My question still stands. There is no suggestion that the force block is a standard tech feat to be used in forum fights.

zopzop
And never used it again.

My question still stands. There is no suggestion that the force block is a standard tech feat to be used in forum fights.
When did he need to use it again? It was already proven a success vs Trans level beings (PG B&T Thor) but a failure vs Skyfathers and above. What other fight after that arc would fall into that category that he would see a need to use the power?

abhilegend
When did he need to use it again? It was already proven a success vs Trans level beings (PG B&T Thor) but a failure vs Skyfathers and above. What other fight after that arc would fall into that category that he would see a need to use the power?
Characters using a plot device weapon in a single arc doesn't make them a standard equipment for those characters. If that's the case then wonder woman uses godwave in every fight and majestic uses creation blades in every fight, but they don't. Same for thanos here.

DarkSaint85
What about Superman? Are there any arc specific techniques and attacks he may have used once, to great success, and have never been seen from again, abhi?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What about Superman? Are there any arc specific techniques and attacks he may have used once, to great success, and have never been seen from again, abhi?

Let the games begin!

DarkSaint85
And may the odds be ever in your favour!

Juntai
People don't even like Superman using Torquasm Vo and Torquasm Rao on the forum, which were fairly consistently part of his comics and even other appearances for nearly 6 years or so, simply because he doesn't use it after that span. But you want to use a tech piece that showed up in one story 20 years ago as standard? lol.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lets just say that thanos fans wouldn't want superman using fortress tech here which he has used consistently for many years.Originally posted by Juntai
People don't even like Superman using Torquasm Vo and Torquasm Rao on the forum, which were fairly consistently part of his comics and even other appearances for nearly 6 years or so, simply because he doesn't use it after that span. But you want to use a tech piece that showed up in one story 20 years ago as standard? lol.
It was even referenced just before the reboot.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13905373_T-vo.jpg

But obviously he can't use it here.

leonidas
force block is countered by vibrating intangible or simple superspeed dodge anyway. lots of talk about the block. can it be that it is the only way thanos has a chance here.....? shifty

Batman-Prime

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos wins... and pretty easily at that. Who are the jokers saying Superman wins, and what's worse, without the weapons given to him? Hopefully they were trying to be funny this morning and failing miserably

zopzop
@KuRuPT
Yeah, I'm not a Superman hater (I used to kid around with some forum members that were Supers fans but that's about it), but he's not winning this.

He'll put up a good fight with his natural abilities + Mjolnir but he's not beating Thanos.

cdtm
Thanos. erm

abhilegend
@KuRuPT
Yeah, I'm not a Superman hater (I used to kid around with some forum members that were Supers fans but that's about it), but he's not winning this.

He'll put up a good fight with his natural abilities + Mjolnir but he's not beating Thanos.
So, nothing but "He wins, I say so"?

quanchi112
So, nothing but "He wins, I say so"? His fight against Odin, his intelligence, his fight against a power gem Thor, his fight against Tyrant, the Surfer all ram home the point he's on another level than Superman is consistently portrayed at. I think we both know that to be the case.

DTM
Well, Thanos did OK against Odin or Tyrant, but the victor in those fights was never really in question (and it wasnt Thanos). While I support Superman with weapons here to beat Thanos, narrowly, him beating Thanos without such gear, I definately dont see happening. As for the Force Block weapon, I dont see that being what I would call standard equipment or powers for him, not even close.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Well, Thanos did OK against Odin or Tyrant, but the victor in those fights was never really in question (and it wasnt Thanos). While I support Superman with weapons here to beat Thanos, narrowly, him beating Thanos without such gear, I definately dont see happening. As for the Force Block weapon, I dont see that being what I would call standard equipment or powers for him, not even close. Odin never defeated Thanos though his power did easily oneshot the Surfer and Drax. TRhe same blast didn't make Thanos' hot body even twitch. Those fights proved Thanos is on another level entirely. Based on what does Superman win with this gear ?

DTM
I just feel all that Superman brings to the table (mentally and physically), adding in an indestructible shield and a hammer to add to his already earth shattering strikes, would be enough to take down Thanos slightly more than not. Superman is not like Thanos' usual foes, that I think will help Kal emerge the victor in the end. And for the record, I do like Thanos quite a bit, on the same level, or more, than I do Superman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
I just feel all that Superman brings to the table (mentally and physically), adding in an indestructible shield and a hammer to add to his already earth shattering strikes, would be enough to take down Thanos slightly more than not. Superman is not like Thanos' usual foes, that I think will help Kal emerge the victor in the end. And for the record, I do like Thanos quite a bit, on the same level, or more, than I do Superman. Thor is more skilled and has more experience with the hammer and it hasn't aided him in beating Thanos by himself. Thanos has fought foes easily capable of planetary destroying power ala the Surfer and doesn't even really notice him. Thanos is also far more cunning than Superman and more powerful as well. We also have seen characters far more powerful than Superman attack Thanos one on one.

DTM
Superman isnt Thor, they are similiar to a degree, but definately different overall, especially in the superspeed/agility/reaction time arena, adding in Thor never fought normal Thanos with Caps Shield on him. I agree Thanos is a Powerhouse, I just feel Superman with 2 Major League amps is a tad moreso.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Superman isnt Thor, they are similiar to a degree, but definately different overall, especially in the superspeed/agility/reaction time arena, adding in Thor never fought normal Thanos with Caps Shield on him. I agree Thanos is a Powerhouse, I just feel Superman with 2 Major League amps is a tad moreso. You're right he isn't as skilled nor does he have as much experience with the war hammer. He also isn't that experienced with the shield either. I also believe Thor especially with the power gem is far more powerful than Superman so while his speed is better his overall power,skill, and experience with said weapons pales in comparison imo.

DTM
Experience using a hammer and shield for their basic affects is hardly needed. No one is saying Superman is going to be twirling the hammer to make a shield, or summoning lightning, nor to use the shield to bounce around and hit Thanos from behind, BUT anyone (especially someone as Experienced, Skilled and Smart as Superman, not to mention as FAST, which is a big factor here) can use a big shield to block attacks, and a hammer to add to his own hitting power.

DTM
SUPERMAN (Marvel Amped) - 8 votes

THANOS - 7 votes

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Experience using a hammer and shield for their basic affects is hardly needed. No one is saying Superman is going to be twirling the hammer to make a shield, or summoning lightning, nor to use the shield to bounce around and hit Thanos from behind, BUT anyone (especially someone as Experienced, Skilled and Smart as Superman, not to mention as FAST, which is a big factor here) can use a big shield to block attacks, and a hammer to add to his own hitting power. Shields. Superman can swing his hammer all day while Thanos sits down and watches a football game. The guy has durability to laugh off attacks from Odin that can one shot top tiers. That's with his shields off. Originally posted by DTM
SUPERMAN (Marvel Amped) - 8 votes

THANOS - 7 votes So the majority is wrong here. Hardly the first time.

DTM
Considering weve seen Thanos admit he was cautious in battling the Hulk, and needing to trick Champion in order to beat him, I dont think Superman with these bonuses winning here is out of line.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Considering weve seen Thanos admit he was cautious in battling the Hulk, and needing to trick Champion in order to beat him, I dont think Superman with these bonuses winning here is out of line. Champion had the power gem. You can pretend he didn't but we both or I know better. Thanos overpowered the Hulk and the Thing before.

How much more powerful is Odin than Superman with his toys here ?

DTM
Originally posted by quanchi112
So the majority is wrong here. Hardly the first time.

Wrong is a relative term in such instances, you say its wrong, I and others think otherwise. That is the very basis for these Vs. Battle threads, hearing others opinions and seeing what the majority of us feel to be the more likely victor in the end. Wrong or right, its all a matter of opinion here.

DTM
Champion had the power gem. You can pretend he didn't but we both or I know better. Thanos overpowered the Hulk and the Thing before.

How much more powerful is Odin than Superman with his toys here ?

Yes, Champion had the gem, I never said otherwise. And Thanos fought Professor Hulk and Thing, which doesnt undermine he himself admitting he was hesitant to fight Classic Hulk.

Unknown how much stronger Odin is than this Superman, I would say by a degree yes, but considering that Thanos also lost to Odin (and it wasnt an overly close match), I dont see that as a strong proof for Thanos' victory here.

abhilegend
Arguing with quan in a thanos thread? El oh El.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Wrong is a relative term in such instances, you say its wrong, I and others think otherwise. That is the very basis for these Vs. Battle threads, hearing others opinions and seeing what the majority of us feel to be the more likely victor in the end. Wrong or right, its all a matter of opinion here. So using a majority which is slight at best at the moment has no relevance so don't do it again. Originally posted by DTM
Yes, Champion had the gem, I never said otherwise. And Thanos fought Professor Hulk and Thing, which doesnt undermine he himself admitting he was hesitant to fight Classic Hulk.

Unknown how much stronger Odin is than this Superman, I would say by a degree yes, but considering that Thanos also lost to Odin (and it wasnt an overly close match), I dont see that as a strong proof for Thanos' victory here. Prof. Hulk is still Hulk. He bossed the savage hulk around in Thanos the end. Thanos has fought him before with allies and also ordered him around. Thanos never lost to Odin and tanked many attacks while all it took was one to ko Norrin and Drax. That's minus shields as well. Thanos tricked the Champion into giving him back his gem after he schooled him in fighting. Thanos is very cunning. Thanks for bringing up an event which inadvertently backed my claims.

DTM
Arguing with quan in a thanos thread? El oh El.

Yeah, Im beginning to see that. smile

quanchi112
Arguing with quan in a thanos thread? El oh El. Sitting on the sidelines as usual. Some people just don't have the stomach for this.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DTM
Yeah, Im beginning to see that. smile
Its best to just ignore him. He's totally harmless.

abhilegend
Nah, its much more fun to see him trying to get my attention.

quanchi112
Arguing with quan in a thanos thread? El oh El. Originally posted by abhilegend
I responded to another poster you chimed in citing my name. Yeah, it's not you following me into this thread. LOL.

abhilegend
His fight against Odin, his intelligence, his fight against a power gem Thor, his fight against Tyrant, the Surfer all ram home the point he's on another level than Superman is consistently portrayed at. I think we both know that to be the case.
I wonder where did I addressed you to quote my post to another poster?

quanchi112
I wonder where did I addressed you to quote my post to another poster? Yes, I argue for Thanos. You didn't respond so why you responded to another posters debate with me isn't ignoring me. If you want to do so feel free to do so but I won't ignore anyone. Ever.

abhilegend
That's why you are a laughing stock on any forum you post. Don't give up yet though, grampa.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos, and still easily

quanchi112
That's why you are a laughing stock on any forum you post. Don't give up yet though, grampa. Says the guy who is also routinely mocked but on herochat you just take it when they call you stupid. That's called being submissive. I am younger than pre reboot Superman so quit mocking his age. You want to make this personal because you can't outdebate me. As soon as you lost your first battlezone you pulled out and won't face anyone since.

abhilegend
laughing out loud
Nah, its much more fun to see him trying to get my attention.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Thanos wins. If you want to debate and overcome your fear of me do so. You already pulled out of our battlezone so let me know when you can stomach this.

abhilegend
laughing out loud again. Let it go quan, I'm not interested in this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.