Three Days of Anniversaries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Well, this weekend has been covered with anniversaries and birthday food and baseball games and so on...

April 12 -- My dad's 43rd birthday, which he manages to stretch to a week-long celebration. We went to a museum with him on the 12th, had his party with relatives on the 13th, and we are making his cake today! eek! The baseball game mentioned above was the LA Dodgers vs. the San Fran Giants, and lasted 4 hours. We watched it on TV...er...my relatives and my parents did anyway.

April 13 -- 1st anniversary of my grandma getting in a horrible car crash. Her car was hit by another car going 45 mph and it was amazing that not only was she alive, but she only suffered a broken hand, a rebroken knee cap, and a punctured lung. Okay, so that isn't good, but it was good compared to other car crashes of that magnitude...

April 14 -- 91st anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic. It hit an iceberg in the late night of April 14 and finished sinking at 1 AM on April 15. It had been at sea only 4 days, and the 'unsinkable' Titanic sank on its maiden voyage. The museum we went to with my dad was having an exhibit about the Titanic, so I got to see a bunch of stuff that had been sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic for 70 to 80 years. Sinks, suitcases, old American money, hats, wine bottles, and so on. They had even brought up a section of the Titanic's back end (the Titanic split in half when it sank). The approx. 23 feet long rusted wall of metal weighed 20 tons alone, and was a section of the C-deck. The portals were extremely mashed, and the whole thing was now a brownish-green color instead of black, white, or red. I've liked the story of the Titanic since 3rd grade, so it was a cool exhibit for me, as well as creepy in a way...

So, has anyone ever had three anniversaries in a row before? big grin

Dexx
actually...today..the 14th of april 2003 is EXACTLY one year since the 14th of april 2002.
2 days ago.....12 apr 2003 was (amaizingly) exactly 2 years since 12 apr 2001. i mean...WOW!
smile

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.