Cell absorbs #16

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

john allerdyce
If Cell went on to absorb Android 16 immediately after absorbing 17 & 18, what type power do you think he would have gained? Would he have been more powerful than SS2 Gohan? Roughly where would you place him?

This thread is hypothetical, so we are obviously assuming that Cell would be capable of absorbing 16.

dadudemon
Originally posted by john allerdyce
If Cell went on to absorb Android 16 immediately after absorbing 17 & 18, what type power do you think he would have gained? Would he have been more powerful than SS2 Gohan? Roughly where would you place him?

This thread is hypothetical, so we are obviously assuming that Cell would be capable of absorbing 16.

I think that 17 was only 20% stronger than 18. That's just a guess.

17 and 18 are both much stronger than SSJs. Maybe double?

So then I'd say that imperfect cell is slightly more than SSJ but less than 17. Piccolo was equal to 17 so that puts him above Cell.

ASSJ is significantly more powerful than either 17 or 18. No idea how much more powerful but it is to an absurd degree. 16 is obviously stronger than 17 and 18...but by how much, we don't know...but definitely not as strong as Semi-Perfect Cell and nowhere near as powerful as an ASSJ.

So, somewhere around the jump from 17's power to ASSJ, we have no idea what that gap contains. It was said that the SSJ2 form is twice as strong as SSJ. But that has to mean the FPSSJ, not plain SSJ. There's just now way.

So, what I'm saiyan (lol) is that there is no real way to gauge how much stronger Cell could have gotten as each jump was just the power of the android being added to his body. Also, Cell's body was not designed to absorb 16: only 17 and 18. So it would not have worked.

I assume Cell would jump up to around SSJ2 if he absorbed 16. That's baseless speculation.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by john allerdyce

The power to cut off his head and troll Gohan. No. Dunno.

Galan007
Perfect Cell's PL(post-Jesus resurrection)=4 billion. SSJ1 Goku's PL during the Cell Games=3 billion. SSJ1 Gohan's PL during the Cell Games=2.5 billion. So if a SSJ's power doubles when they transform into a SSJ2, then that'd put SSJ2 Gohan at 5 billion-- which would explain why he embarrassed Cell so severely.

Anyway, SSJ Vegeta's PL when he first confronted the androids=200,000,000, and he was less than nothing compared to them. However, I'm unconvinced that the androids' powers just stack on top of Cell's existing PL after he absorbs them... Here's why:

Even if we assume that 17/18 each possessed a PL of 400,000,000(double that of SSJ Vegeta), then that only gives them a PL of 800,000,000 collectively. If we assume that Imperfect Cell's base PL was 800,000,000 (double that of either android), then that means his Perfect form would only have a PL of 1.6 billion, if the powers of 17/18 merely stacked on top of his own. However, we know the PL of his Perfect form was 4 billion, so his power must not have increased in a linear fashion upon absorbing the androids-- as the finished product was far greater than the sum of its parts.

Based on that, I think it'd be feasible for Cell's PL to jump well beyond SSJ2 Gohan's if he absorbed Android 16... Especially given the fact that he was able to reach that level without absorbing an additional android (referring to his Jesus resurrection.)

Btw, my entire opinion regarding power levels hinges on this PL guide:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14298395/All_Characters.jpg.html
If those PLs aren't accurate (never seen a legit reason to question them), then my opinion holds no water.

Q99
Considering he didn't try, I'm going to say little or none, and he really was 'complete' with 17 and 18, as far as absorbing android power cores could go.

16 could likely be subbed for one or the other of them, and if base-Cell had absorbed 16 then Imperfect Cell would've been greater, but I think Perfect Cell was pretty much it and further improvements had to be biological.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Considering he didn't try, I'm going to say little or none, and he really was 'complete' with 17 and 18, as far as absorbing android power cores could go.

16 could likely be subbed for one or the other of them, and if base-Cell had absorbed 16 then Imperfect Cell would've been greater, but I think Perfect Cell was pretty much it and further improvements had to be biological. Cell didn't attempt to absorb 16 because he wrote him off as an "older model" that he could simply ignore (this was obviously before they fought.)

Regardless, the thread starter is just posing a hypothetical question.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
Cell didn't attempt to absorb 16 because he wrote him off as an "older model" that he could simply ignore (this was obviously before they fought.)

Yea, and when he fought he could've absorbed 16 if he wanted to.

Indeed. Still, my answer is 'probably nothing special.'

Astner

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, and when he fought he could've absorbed 16 if he wanted to. Cell hadn't been programmed to target 16 for absorption-- heck, he didn't even know who 16 was at first. 17&18 are who were needed for Cell's transformations to take place, so that is who he absorbed... And once Cell became powerful enough to solo 17&18, nobody else aside from them (no matter how powerful) mattered.

Originally posted by Q99
Indeed. Still, my answer is 'probably nothing special.' It is certainly possible that nothing special would happen. However, I personally think we would see the same type of exponential increase in Cell's power that we saw after he absorbed the other androids-- 2*2=20, if you will.

Originally posted by Astner
#16, unlike #17 and #18, wasn't a cyborg. So I don't see how Cell could make use of him. 17&18 being cyborgs isn't why Cell was programmed to absorb them. He absorbed them in order to gain their infinite energy generators(as you mentioned). Because 16 was far more powerful than either of them, he either had a better power source, or he had the same power source, but was programmed to tap into more of it.

...I'd think. /shrug

Galan007
Sorry, just missed my editing window. sad

Anyway, 18 deduced that 16 was likely an "eternal power source type" android as well:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14300116/db30_012.gif.html
...Even more reason why Cell would logically get a large boost in power if he were to absorb 16.

---

Sidenote: Astner's copy of the manga is worded differently than mine...

His:Originally posted by Astner
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/14300146_infiniteenergy.jpg
(converted to a thumbnail for convenience.)

Mine:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14300129/db29_181.gif.html

Same point(s), different verbiage. Strange.

Q99

It is certainly possible that nothing special would happen. However, I personally think we would see the same type of exponential increase in Cell's power that we saw after he absorbed the other androids-- 2*2=20, if you will.

I figure more on the diminishing returns side. He was *designed* to take two, after all.

And a lot of power-ups decrease effectiveness past a certain point.

Galan007
^ True. Although considering 16 likely had the same type of power source as 17&18, it's hard to imagine Cell's PL decreasing upon absorbing him.

Lek Kuen
Judging by the words used, I assume your scans are from a rougher more direct translation. Hence the differences.

Galan007
What threw me off is that they both look official (ie. the text doesn't look like some kid translated it on MS Paint)... Never ran into that before.

Astner
Sorry, just missed my editing window. sad

Anyway, 18 deduced that 16 was likely an "eternal power source type" android as well:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14300116/db30_012.gif.html
...Even more reason why Cell would logically get a large boost in power if he were to absorb 16.
Keep in mind that Cell is from a time-line where #16 didn't exist. Anyway, it's obviously a possibility that Cell could get stronger.

Sidenote: Astner's copy of the manga is worded differently than mine...
It's a scan from the Viz manga release, as opposed to yours which are poorly saturation-processed scans (which is why they're look so pixilated).

Galan007
Keep in mind that Cell is from a time-line where #16 didn't exist. Anyway, it's obviously a possibility that Cell could get stronger.True, but given that 16 likely had the same type of "eternal" power source as 17&18, it's obviously a possibility that Cell may have been able to get stronger as well.

It's a scan from the Viz manga release, as opposed to yours which are poorly saturation-processed scans (which is why they're look so pixilated). Viz manga? That means nothing to me. I could care less about the pixelation-- I'm referring exclusively to the differences in verbiage. The same points are made using different words.

Astner
True, but given that 16 likely had the same type of "eternal" power source as 17&18, it's obviously a possibility that Cell may have been able to get stronger as well.
That's what i said.

Viz manga?
Viz is the publishing company.

That means nothing to me. I could care less about the pixelation-- I'm referring exclusively to the differences in verbiage. The same points are made using different words.
Different translations.

Galan007
That's what i said. Lulz, I initially read your post as "couldn't get stronger." My bad.

Glad we agree, though. thumb up

Viz is the publishing company.

Different translations. Cool beans.

Do you get your scans online, or do you already have them downloaded? Mine are downloaded on my hard drive, and they're fair quality for the most part, until the Buu Saga... Then the quality goes to shit.

Astner
No. I got this particular panel from a site dedicated to #17 and #18.

http://www.lovelycyborg.com/rumors.php

Galan007
I like that site. Very informative. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.