Aang vs. Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
Sidious lands with a squadron of stormtroopers on the world of the Avatar during the time of Aang. Both are at their peak of power. Aang sees Sids torturing people for information about the most powerful among them. Aang goes to stop Sidious from killing more people. This is in the courtyard where Zuko and Azula had their final battle. Sidious has his lightsaber.

There are two rounds:
1. Aang is not in the Avatar State
2. Aang is in the Avatar State

Who wins each round and why?

MooCowofJustice
Seems like a squadron of laser rifle fire might be a tad too much for Aang to handle while simultaneously fighting Darth Sidious.

Though I suppose you could argue that Aang's peak is superior to that of avatars like Kyoshi and Roku, or at least on par with it, which technically makes Aang an extremely dangerous foe. I'd say that kind of Aang could take Sidious. But probably not with all the laser rifle fire going on, too.

jmoul
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Seems like a squadron of laser rifle fire might be a tad too much for Aang to handle while simultaneously fighting Darth Sidious.

Though I suppose you could argue that Aang's peak is superior to that of avatars like Kyoshi and Roku, or at least on par with it, which technically makes Aang an extremely dangerous foe. I'd say that kind of Aang could take Sidious. But probably not with all the laser rifle fire going on, too.

Stormtroopers are not in the battle itself, they are busy finding prisoners elsewhere, and plus it wouldn't make ANY difference if they were there, it's not like they ever actually HIT anything with their guns.

This is just Aang and Sids.

ares834
Though I suppose you could argue that Aang's peak is superior to that of avatars like Kyoshi and Roku, or at least on par with it, which technically makes Aang an extremely dangerous foe. I'd say that kind of Aang could take Sidious.

Eh, don't see how. Aang may be able to redirect Palpatine's lightning but against his other force powers Aang is pretty much defenseless.

jmoul
Originally posted by ares834
Eh, don't see how. Aang may be able to redirect Palpatine's lightning but against his other force powers Aang is pretty much defenseless.

Except for bending and stopping Sids from using the Force and, thus getting the upper hand.

MooCowofJustice
Aang can never really be defenseless. He's an Avatar, and some of the best benders of each element do astounding things. One Earth bender in particular was capable of earth bending using the muscles in his face. Firebenders are capable of breathing fire, and Aang even learned from one of the few people known to have perfected that technique.

Aang's original element being air also would seem to lend itself to never really being defenseless. Perhaps the most abundant element that wasn't produced by the method of bending itself.

BruceSkywalker
pretty sure Palpatine can handle rocks and fire being thrown at him,, he can also handle air as well.. Aang loses here either by lightsaber or gets burned to a crisp via lightning

MooCowofJustice
You might be, but I am not. Try the first three minutes of this to see various things that Aang's predecessor, Avatar Roku, was able to do. Only one of which was done using the Avatar State, which increases the Avatar's power.

Utrigita
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
pretty sure Palpatine can handle rocks and fire being thrown at him,, he can also handle air as well.. Aang loses here either by lightsaber or gets burned to a crisp via lightning

I personally very much doubt that Palpatine (I assume we are using Movie version?) can in any way withstand the Avatar State Aang that absolutely molested Firelord Ozai.

NemeBro
I am under the assumption that this is EU Sidious myself.

Which means that he would crush Aang with no effort at all.

ares834
Yeah, "peak of power" seems to imply EU Palpatine.

BruceSkywalker
You might be, but I am not. Try the first three minutes of this to see various things that Aang's predecessor, Avatar Roku, was able to do. Only one of which was done using the Avatar State, which increases the Avatar's power.

not judging from what Aang actually did.. he was getting his ass handed to him by the Phoenix King.. it was only after he hit the rock and became Avatar Aang that got him the victory.. Palpatine certainly will see Aang's moves and act accordingly

Originally posted by Utrigita
I personally very much doubt that Palpatine (I assume we are using Movie version?) can in any way withstand the Avatar State Aang that absolutely molested Firelord Ozai.

I can as their are no rocks for Aang to hit and become the Avatar

Originally posted by NemeBro
I am under the assumption that this is EU Sidious myself.

Which means that he would crush Aang with no effort at all.

agreed

jmoul
There are also two rounds. The first, like I said, is without Avatar State and the second is Aang already in the Avatar State. Also this is Aang at his peak, so he won't need a rock to hit his scar to go into the Avatar State, he can do so at will.

Utrigita
I can as their are no rocks for Aang to hit and become the Avatar

There are two fights, one places him in the avatar state from the beginning, so he doesn't have to hit a rock.

Robtard
EU Sidious stomps both rounds.

BruceSkywalker
There are two fights, one places him in the avatar state from the beginning, so he doesn't have to hit a rock.

no matter though stick out tongue

Utrigita
no matter though stick out tongue

If it isn't EU Sidious then it kinda does stick out tongue

jmoul
It is Sidious at his peak as well, so if that is EU, then it is EU Sidious.

BruceSkywalker
If it isn't EU Sidious then it kinda does stick out tongue

I'm assuming its EU Palpy, but if it isn't Aang'll win

Casper Whitey
pretty sure Palpatine can handle rocks and fire being thrown at him,, he can also handle air as well.. Aang loses here either by lightsaber or gets burned to a crisp via lightning Yeah, probably. Been a while since I saw Aang in action, from what I remember it takes him longer to throw elemental attacks than it does Sidious to cast Force lightning.

jmoul
That isn't actually true, Aang could bend at a twitch of his finger if he wanted to. But the thing is, he didn't want to use his bending unless in combat.

Casper Whitey
Re-viewing his fight scenes as we speak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.