The High Herald Battle Royal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
Superman
Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Captain Atom
Firestorm
Thor
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Nova Prime
Quasar

No bfring.
Fight in a 200x200x200 unleavable, unbreakable box.
Cis/pis off
No morals
Blood lust on

juggerman
Superman

armedforbattle
HOW?! Geez freaking superfag fanboys, give a reason!

Bouboumaster
Silver Surfer is the only one with enough tools to beat everyone.

armedforbattle
Oh yeah! This use to be my brothers account but he gave it to me
He told me to tell post this, I don't know why though?

abhilegend
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Manhunter
Captain Atom
Firestorm
Nova Prime
Quasar
These peeps don't belong here. As for thread superman wins.

juggerman
HOW?! Geez freaking superfag fanboys, give a reason!

Because he's Superman

armedforbattle
Okay, I don't like super man that much. But could you give me some reason, like how he would beat some of the strong guys out in this battle?

yaadaveyaa
superman wins because of superior strength speed and durability then anyone else in the arena thor is a close 2nd but supes is to durable and can tank ne thing he has to offer and he has enough firepower to take him down id flip a coin between supes and thor tbh

juggerman
Okay, I don't like super man that much. But could you give me some reason, like how he would beat some of the strong guys out in this battle?

1 Faster than a speeding bullet

2 More powerful than a locomotive

3 Can leap tall buildings in a single bound

abhilegend
Punching everybody in the face. It works like a charm everytime.

dmills
Captain Atom.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Captain Atom.
Gets beaten by HV or a tornado superman creates. Next.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by juggerman

Nothing is faster than a bullet.
Bullets travel like 3,000 MPH Superman is not faster than that.

juggerman
Nothing is faster than a bullet.
Bullets travel like 3,000 MPH Superman is not faster than that.

confused

There's this new thing called "light". Heard it was pretty quick.....

EDIT: Also yes he is

ViolentByDesign
Originally posted by juggerman

laughing
laughing out loud
eek!
big grin
Happy Dance
laughing
You are awesome!

Bouboumaster
Superman is a superdick. One that Silver Surfer would boot, after absorbing all his energy.

ViolentByDesign
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Superman is a superdick. One that Silver Surfer would boot, after absorbing all his energy.
There are 2 or 3 people here that could manipulate any energy SS uses.
Captain Atom, Nova Prime and Quasar

abhilegend
Superman would knock him out before that happens.

Newjak
I would probably go with either Thor or Surfer do to overall versatility in powerset and physical abilities.

Of course if Thor gets serious and can't stand idly by anymore I'm backing Surfer cause that's when Thor gets KOed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Newjak
I would probably go with either Thor or Surfer do to overall versatility in powerset and physical abilities.

Of course if Thor gets serious and can't stand idly by anymore I'm backing Surfer cause that's when Thor gets KOed.
Versatility means squat when you are getting punched in the face.

carver9
Surfer wins this 10 out of got darn 10. No one here is beating him. Remove Surfer and I would go with either Superman or Gladiator. Nova Prime with CIS off is deadly as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer wins this 10 out of got darn 10. No one here is beating him. Remove Surfer and I would go with either Superman or Gladiator. Nova Prime with CIS off is deadly as well. Originally posted by abhilegend
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/facepalm.gif

Newjak
Originally posted by abhilegend
Versatility means squat when you are getting punched in the face. IF Superman can hit Surfer in the face before he does anything you may have a point.

abhilegend
IF Superman can hit Surfer in the face before he does anything you may have a point.
He obviously can since surfer is a slowpoke compared to him.

ViolentByDesign
Nova Prime with CIS off is deadly as well.
That is true, but he is lacking in feats. Just wasn't around long enough.

Newjak
He obviously can since surfer is a slowpoke compared to him. YEah going with a no one this. Superman maybe faster but I don't think he is going to be hitting Surfer before Surfer can react. Same with Thor or pretty much anyone on this list.

dmills
Gets beaten by HV or a tornado superman creates. Next.

Lawlz. Yeah, cis off a dude with control over the EM spectrum gets beaten by the heat vision of a dude powered by energy from the EM spectrum... The punching in the face quip is more likely.

JakeTheBank

Quasar doesn't belong?

JayDaDon
CIS/PIS off? That means no Jobber mcGee Thor? I guess that makes it another Surfer/Supes/Thor fight.

Digi
No one's winning 10/10. That's almost objectively false. Look at the number of combatants. Statistical inevitability alone ensures no one character would even win 5/10. We're talking about percentages and likelihoods.

No less than 2-3 months ago, Thor fought Surfer to a standstill. Both fought dumb, of course, but that's 1v1, not a multi-person cluster****

Anyway, lowest Vegas payout would be on Surfer. I'd put the next lowest odds on either Hal (pre-FP), Thor, or Superman. Supes might be the most powerful overall, but also has more exploitable weaknesses than the others.

My wild card pick would be J'onn. Intangibility + TP, and he could outlast a lot of the bigger guns before swooping in for a late victory.

Points for no Hulk in the OP.

They're close enough to provide a challenge.

carver9
Surfer is the most powerful.

JakeTheBank
Extremely debatable.

Digi
Surfer is the most powerful.

Agreed, sort of, but you said 10/10. That's untenable in a fight this large.

carver9
If someone can provide me one instance of Surfer being koed since his rebirth, I would probably change my answer. His power level is insane along with his durability.

-Pr-
If this is pre-reboot DC, Superman.

If not, Thor. He's always had Norrin's number, tbh.

Dampyre
I would go with Thor or the Surfer here. I guess Superman could win as well with his 'fanboy power'.

Philosophía
Superman wins.

YEah going with a no one this. Superman maybe faster but I don't think he is going to be hitting Surfer before Surfer can react. Same with Thor or pretty much anyone on this list. laughing out loud

Yeah, no. CIS off Superman knocks Surfer and Thor out, before they can react.

You're quite welcome to debate this with me, on actual feats. And since you seem to be quite courageous today, also back up your " or pretty much anyone on this list" part. As in, back up that, let's say, 2/3 of them are capable of reacting to Superman's speed.

With feats, as I've already mentioned.

This should be fun.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dampyre
I would go with Thor or the Surfer here. I guess Superman could win as well with his 'fanboy power'.

Superman is a contender, even if you don't like him.

carver9
A lot of people here are contenders.

D-Block
Originally posted by -Pr-

pym-ftw
Sentry wins even though he wasn't invited

carver9
If Sentry was here, he would stomp.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Sentry wins even though he wasn't invited

wanted to post this so bad well done

-Pr-
If Sentry was here, he would stomp.

lol no.

pym-ftw
Is say Sentry gets the Majority at like 4-5/10 but Thor and Supes can also take wins....Surfer aswell

Dampyre

I don't see Superman beating a Surfer with CIS/PIS off. He simply has too many ways to beat Superman in this scenario. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Superman somehow wins because, well, he's 'Super'.

-Pr-
I don't see Superman beating a Surfer with CIS/PIS off. He simply has too many ways to beat Superman in this scenario. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Superman somehow wins because, well, he's 'Super'.

Surfer still fights in character with CIS off, he's just more ruthless. In the same scenario, Superman could get some wins too.

Surfer's ways of beating Superman aren't as numerous as people would like to think, tbh.

Mindset

Surfer's ways of beating Superman aren't as numerous as people would like to think, tbh. Elaborate.

Dampyre
Surfer still fights in character with CIS off, he's just more ruthless. In the same scenario, Superman could get some wins too.

Surfer's ways of beating Superman aren't as numerous as people would like to think, tbh.

The Surfer certainly has more ways to beat Superman than vice-versa. The only way Superman can beat the Surfer is through brute force. The Surfer has raw power as well as many more exotic ways to beat Superman, not limited to just energy drain or manipulation.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Elaborate.

Kryptonite won't work. Magic is a no-go. That leaves red-sun radiation, and even that would have to be a pretty extreme example to put him down.

Now, if you want to talk black holes or something, that's fine, but it's little more than a bfr.

Wearing him down with blasts could work, obviously.

Sure, forum avatar surfer has a million ways he could do it, but this isn't forum avatar surfer. he's still bound by his own mind and personality.

The Surfer certainly has more ways to beat Superman than vice-versa. The only way Superman can beat the Surfer is through brute force. The Surfer has raw power as well as many more exotic ways to beat Superman, not limited to just energy drain or manipulation.

i know what he's capable of, but a physical confrontation is a bad idea.

Mindset
Kryptonite won't work. Magic is a no-go. That leaves red-sun radiation, and even that would have to be a pretty extreme example to put him down.

Now, if you want to talk black holes or something, that's fine, but it's little more than a bfr.

Wearing him down with blasts could work, obviously.

Sure, forum avatar surfer has a million ways he could do it, but this isn't forum avatar surfer. he's still bound by his own mind and personality.

Why wouldn't kryptonite work?

-Pr-
Why wouldn't kryptonite work?

because of the alternate universe rule. that, and that's even assuming surfer could make it.

Mindset
There is no alt universe, if they fight it's a shared universe.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Digi
No one's winning 10/10. That's almost objectively false. Look at the number of combatants. Statistical inevitability alone ensures no one character would even win 5/10. We're talking about percentages and likelihoods.

No less than 2-3 months ago, Thor fought Surfer to a standstill. Both fought dumb, of course, but that's 1v1, not a multi-person cluster****

Anyway, lowest Vegas payout would be on Surfer. I'd put the next lowest odds on either Hal (pre-FP), Thor, or Superman. Supes might be the most powerful overall, but also has more exploitable weaknesses than the others.

My wild card pick would be J'onn. Intangibility + TP, and he could outlast a lot of the bigger guns before swooping in for a late victory.

Points for no Hulk in the OP.

They're close enough to provide a challenge.

This man told the truth.

Great answer, sir.

-Pr-
There is no alt universe, if they fight it's a shared universe.

But Superman isn't from Surfer's universe. Even if they're sharing a universe now, they are technically from different ones with different Earths.

I mean, sure, you can disagree and that's fine, it's just how I see it.

Then of course there's the argument that Surfer can/would even make it at all.

Mindset
But Superman isn't from Surfer's universe. Even if they're sharing a universe now, they are technically from different ones with different Earths.

I mean, sure, you can disagree and that's fine, it's just how I see it.

Then of course there's the argument that Surfer can/would even make it at all. If SS makes kryptonite it will be kryptonite derived from their shared universe.

There isn't any other way for him to make it. Even if the fight were to take place in the MU, he would still be making kryptonite that will affect Supes, because he will be ascertaining how to make it from Superman's body.

-Pr-
If SS makes kryptonite it will be kryptonite derived from their shared universe.

There isn't any other way for him to make it. Even if the fight were to take place in the MU, he would still be making kryptonite that will affect Supes, because he will be ascertaining how to make it from Superman's body.

Which wouldn't be the universe that Superman hails from. shrug

That's assuming you believe his cosmic awareness allows him the ability (or the mindset, pun unintended) to do so.

I realise I'm being off topic; I am talking about Preboot Superman, who isn't the Superman in this thread (even though I will admit I can see Surfer getting a slight majority). I'd say Surfer would beat DCNU Superman for the majority.

Mindset
Which wouldn't be the universe that Superman hails from. shrug

That's assuming you believe his cosmic awareness allows him the ability (or the mindset, pun unintended) to do so.

I realise I'm being off topic; I am talking about Preboot Superman, who isn't the Superman in this thread (even though I will admit I can see Surfer getting a slight majority). I'd say Surfer would beat DCNU Superman for the majority. A shared universe has exactly the same properties of Superman's universe, so anything made in said universe would have exactly the same properties as Superman's own universe. Which means the kryptonite would work, because that's what was decided with the amalgam universe idea was made.

We aren't discussing if he would, but if he could. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

SS would shove kryptonite up Superman's paynuss, blast him in the butt with red sun radiation, then turn into Batman and kick him in the face.

dmills
I just can't see Norrin suddenly going, "I sense that you're vulnerable to red sunlight". Frankly I'd see Thor using Mjolnir to drain Supes before I see Norrin surmising a red sunlight weakness.

Likewise I don't buy the idea of anyone at this level of speed, where you have multiple dudes that routinely achieve speeds that exceed light many times over while reacting etc, are going to get blitzed by a dude moving faster then they can react to. Not happening imo.

Mindset
Isn't that exactly what SS did to Gladiator?

carver9
Yes but it was more of a statement/threat then an action.

dmills
Isn't that exactly what SS did to Gladiator?

Did he? I've never seen the feat before. If it's legit then that makes it more likely for sure.

Mindset
Yes but it was more of a statement/threat then an action. Axt5NktgxEc

carver9
Hahahahahahah

JakeTheBank
Likewise I don't buy the idea of anyone at this level of speed, where you have multiple dudes that routinely achieve speeds that exceed light many times over while reacting etc, are going to get blitzed by a dude moving faster then they can react to. Not happening imo.

There's a word for guys like you.

Hater.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
There's a drink for guys like you.

Hateraid.

Damborgson
lol

dmills
laughing out loud

Dampyre

i know what he's capable of, but a physical confrontation is a bad idea.

Superman is definately stronger than the Surfer. The problem is that the Surfer has the durability, blast power and strength to battle Superman at length in that sort of battle. The Surfer's board can also be used as a deadly weapon. Throw in the other powers and Superman is at a clear disadvantage.

ODG

dmills
ODG in the house. What's up man?

Mindset
dis gon b gud.

DarkSaint85
I actually think ODG is very good at debating, as is Philo. I can't wait.

Mindset
They have a tendency to flame and get threads closed or have their debates stopped.

DarkSaint85
Boys will be boys.

Mindset
What does that have to do with Phil and ODG? mmm

JakeTheBank
Phil and ODG.

Place your bets now!

DarkSaint85
They're both full of spunk.

Mindset
Phil and ODG.

Place your bets now! I can't decide, I like them both.

Hence:Originally posted by DarkSaint85
They're both full of spunk.

-Pr-
A shared universe has exactly the same properties of Superman's universe, so anything made in said universe would have exactly the same properties as Superman's own universe. Which means the kryptonite would work, because that's what was decided with the amalgam universe idea was made.

We aren't discussing if he would, but if he could. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

SS would shove kryptonite up Superman's paynuss, blast him in the butt with red sun radiation, then turn into Batman and kick him in the face.

I don't agree, but like I said, i'm not going to argue the point.

And I do. And whether he would, is still a consideration imo.

you're disgusting.

Superman is definately stronger than the Surfer. The problem is that the Surfer has the durability, blast power and strength to battle Superman at length in that sort of battle. The Surfer's board can also be used as a deadly weapon. Throw in the other powers and Superman is at a clear disadvantage.

You could say the same thing about Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter (to a lesser extent), or any number of heroes.

Superman isn't one of the top heralds for nothing; he has the feats that say he can hang with Surfer for a long enough period.

dmills
Phil and ODG.

Place your bets now!

Phile vs OGB, SETTLE IT HERE!!!

Damborgson
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Phile vs OGB, SETTLE IT HERE!!!

laughing out loud

Digi
This man told the truth.

Great answer, sir.

thumb up

Just spreading the Word, friend. I usually can't figure out why my posts don't end the thread.

Mindset
Because you're a dirty liar.

Digi
Superman
Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Captain Atom
Firestorm
Thor
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Nova Prime
Quasar

No bfring.
Fight in a 200x200x200 unleavable, unbreakable box.
Cis/pis off
No morals
Blood lust on

Actually, no, we're all ignoring the most important aspect here....the laughably small area to put 10 planet-busters (or nearly so). So imagine the fight. Instantaneous planet-busting blasts, making the 200x200x200 box just a cloud of unspeakably powerful energy (unless the unit of measurement used is something ridiculous).

Who gets the edge in that scenario? The guy whose energy absorption is one of the biggest plot devices at this tier. Thor absorbs a galaxy-busting glut of energy, shoots it back x100 at everyone, and watches as they disintegrate into nothingness.

In an open environment, I stand by my earlier comments. Surfer with the best odds, various others with a chance. But in this setting, Thor 10000/10.

Mindset
Actually, no, we're all ignoring the most important aspect here....the laughably small area to put 10 planet-busters (or nearly so). So imagine the fight. Instantaneous planet-busting blasts, making the 200x200x200 box just a cloud of unspeakably powerful energy.

Who gets the edge in that scenario? The guy whose energy absorption is one of the biggest plot devices at this tier. Thor absorbs a galaxy-busting glut of energy, shoots it back x100 at everyone, and watches as they disintegrate into nothingness.

In an open environment, I stand by my earlier comments. Surfer with the best odds, various others with a chance. But in this setting, Thor 10000/10. Norrin surfs it back into Thor's face.

JakeTheBank
Actually, no, we're all ignoring the most important aspect here....the laughably small area to put 10 planet-busters (or nearly so). So imagine the fight. Instantaneous planet-busting blasts, making the 200x200x200 box just a cloud of unspeakably powerful energy.

In an open environment, I stand by my earlier comments. Surfer with the best odds, various others with a chance. But in this setting, Thor 10000/10.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Letmethinkaboutit.gif

ViolentByDesign
There are other very powerful energy manipulators here too though especially Nova Prime! I honestly see NP as the biggest threat all around.
I was his one vote big grin

ViolentByDesign
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Letmethinkaboutit.gif
Where do you find GIFs to fit every occasion?! Hahaha laughing

-Pr-
I'm just sad that he's using a David James gif.

Digi
For the record Pr, I agree that Surfer doesn't have a ton of options against Kal (though he still has avenues of victory). I just think it's irrelevant because of my comments above. But in an open environment, either of them have a chance (though Kal less of one, because there are others who CAN exploit his weaknesses a bit more readily).

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
I'm game.

Shoot. Good.

Battlezone or here?

And which part? The Surfer/Thor one, or the "pretty much anyone on the list can react to him" one?

Bouboumaster
Surfer bring everyone's soul into the astral plan and bitchslap them.

Surfer turn intengible, and wait until the end.

Surfer help both Superman and Gladiator, and then wait at the end to destroy them while exploiting their weaknesses

Surfer open a big ass black hole right in the middle of the place, and laugh

etc, etc

ODG

DarkSaint85

Surfer help both Superman and Gladiator, and then wait at the end to destroy them while exploiting their weaknesses

etc, etc

Replace Surfer with Manhunter evil face

abhilegend
Superman just sings him out of existence, how's that for CIS off cosmic-awareness-kryptonite-red sunlight combo?

abhilegend
Actually, no, we're all ignoring the most important aspect here....the laughably small area to put 10 planet-busters (or nearly so). So imagine the fight. Instantaneous planet-busting blasts, making the 200x200x200 box just a cloud of unspeakably powerful energy (unless the unit of measurement used is something ridiculous).

Captain atom says hello.Originally posted by Bouboumaster

etc, etc
Superman T-vos everyone.

Superman turns intangible and beats surfer down.

Superman speedblitzes the phuck out of everyone.

Superman destroys everyone with his "big bang" heat vision.

JakeTheBank
lol

DarkSaint85
Hey, I thought he was just going to let Superman hold the black hole Surfer had just created, then throw it at the others.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hey, I thought he was just going to let Superman hold the black hole Surfer had just created, then throw it at the others.
That works too.

abhilegend
lol
What? Unlike the eunuch superman has done everything I said, not just statements.

-Pr-
What? Unlike the eunuch superman has done everything I said, not just statements.

big bang heat vision? really? I hope you're not talking about Zero Hour.

Digi
Captain atom says hello.

I'm sure he does. He'd probably survive the initial onslaught for similar reasons as Thor, but Thor is his superior.

D-Block
Big Bang heat vision. Is that in the respect thread?

dmills
Superman using Tvo and singing is still canon?

abhilegend
big bang heat vision? really? I hope you're not talking about Zero Hour.
Yep.Originally posted by Digi
I'm sure he does. He'd probably survive the initial onslaught for similar reasons as Thor, but Thor is his superior.
Cap has absorbed an entire universe worth of energy. Even mjolnir isn't superior to that.Originally posted by dmills
Superman using Tvo and singing is still canon?
I thought it was pre-flashpoint superman.

Juntai
As for the black hole, before it gets out of control Superman can either A) seal it with heat vision, or B) rub his hands together and seal it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Juntai
As for the black hole, before it gets out of control Superman can either A) seal it with heat vision, or B) rub his hands together and seal it.
Just like he sealed the tear in reality or the way he sealed the tear in space-time?

dmills

Nope. Current versions unless OP specifies otherwise.

PillarofOsiris
This thread is silly. Any one of these guys can win depending on who teams up with who initially, who matches up with who, etc. IMO, Superman is the most powerful herald level character, but even I don't think he's guaranteed to win here.

For instance, if Superman fights the SS and wins, he won't be in very good shape after that. It could seriously go any way, and anyone who thinks any one of these characters is guaranteed to win is a moron.

abhilegend
Nope. Current versions unless OP specifies otherwise.
You dirty motha****a.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/cursing.gif

dmills
You dirty motha****a.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/cursing.gif

LOL. Merry Christmas.

abhilegend
LOL. Merry Christmas.
Same to you. Why so early though? FYI, I'm not christian. Also making this DCnU superman is a bit unfair when everyone else in marvel have decades worth of feats. You know what, make this PC superman with everyone else in this list CIS off and see who wins.

dmills
Same to you. Why so early though? FYI, I'm not christian.

Me ruining this thread for you was my early christmas gift to you lol.

So? The vast majority of the people who celebrate christmas aren't Christians either lol. It's the sentiment that the holiday is meant to convey that counts brother. Happy winter soltice if that makes it better lmao!

abhilegend
Me ruining this thread for you was my early christmas gift to you lol.

So? The vast majority of the people who celebrate christmas aren't Christians either lol. It's the sentiment that the holiday is meant to convey that counts brother. Happy winter soltice if that makes it better lmao!
Why you little piece of.......................

Happy Christmas bro.

Digi
Cap has absorbed an entire universe worth of energy. Even mjolnir isn't superior to that.

So Cpt. Atom is an abstract level energy manipulator? I don't think you believe your own words here.

He's also had his exterior cracked by Apollo. And been overloaded or KO'd by far less. I'm not advocating low showings. Just perspective.

abhilegend
So Cpt. Atom is an abstract level energy manipulator? I don't think you believe your own words here.

He's also had his exterior cracked by Apollo. And been overloaded or KO'd by far less. I'm not advocating low showings. Just perspective.
He's obviously not, just the same way thor isn't a skyfather level being for absorbing a galaxy leveling null bomb or superman for absorbing maggedon's anti-sun or Etrigan and Orion contributing 1/5th of power to destroy a reality or such. High feats aren't exclusive to thor and surfer you know and citing a character's high end feats to promote him to number 1 here while other guys have better feats isn't beneficial for any character here.

Mjolnir shattered from channeling thor's god force, sliced in half by destroyer, perrikus, shattered upon striking bor and such. Low showings are there for any character.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
Here.

Surfer/Thor one. Let's make it count, if we're really tackling it.

We can agree on, say, 3 judges that we consider objective, and then do what we do here, only with an end game.

ODG

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
No thanks. I was inviting a discussion of it as you seemed eager to discuss it and there being no takers.

And maybe I'm wrong, but this doesn't strike me as being a very complicated issue. I was expecting a paragraph or two and a scan or two.

Disregard the peanut gallery, as amusing as they are. Just say your piece. I have limited time as it is, going back and forth with no end in sight other than 'one of us stops posting, eventually' isn't something I'm eager to partake in.

I'm tired of the same old, to put it bluntly.

You'll do the same thing. I'll do the same thing.

The only difference is that there will be judges.

What's the problem?

Golgo13
DCnU Captain Atom FTW.

ODG

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
Who said there'd be no end in sight? I similarly am tired of endless back and forths. Probably more than you as I've had to deal with it far more often. Good. Then let's have someone decide who is right.

You won't stop and say "I was wrong, you were right". The same way I won't. At that point, it won't be a matter of arguments, but a matter of 'who gets bored of having the last word'. We're not new on this forum, don't feign ignorance.

That's wasting both our time.

Limiting this discussion is the best option.
Originally posted by ODG
K, let's get Galan007, srankmissingnin and Nihilist and the only thing that'll be settled is which one of us has p1ssed them off more. You really think there aren't 3 people on this site who can make a somewhat objective argument-based decision?

Digi
He's obviously not, just the same way thor isn't a skyfather level being for absorbing a galaxy leveling null bomb or superman for absorbing maggedon's anti-sun or Etrigan and Orion contributing 1/5th of power to destroy a reality or such. High feats aren't exclusive to thor and surfer you know and citing a character's high end feats to promote him to number 1 here while other guys have better feats isn't beneficial for any character here.

Mjolnir shattered from channeling thor's god force, sliced in half by destroyer, perrikus, shattered upon striking bor and such. Low showings are there for any character.

But Thor has dozens of high-end crazy absorption feats. They aren't outliers, they're the norm. It's not cherry-picking, it's what the character is consistently portrayed as.

srug

Nibedicus
But Thor has dozens of high-end crazy absorption feats.

Head trauma absorption, you mean?

evil face

ODG

dmills
Good then it's decided then. 3 posts each. SETTLE IT HERE!

What was the bone of contention again?

vince_slice
Whether or not Superman can speed blitz and KO both Thor and Surfer before they can even react.

dmills
Originally posted by vince_slice
Whether or not Superman can speed blitz and KO both Thor and Surfer before they can even react.

Good lord.

Mindset
Originally posted by ODG
I wouldn't. Galan007 can go phuck himself up his smelly butt with Mindset's chubb. uhuh
I hope you're in the mood to be abducted and raped in a basement for the next decade.

celeyhyga17
Good then it's decided then. 3 posts each. SETTLE IT HERE!

What was the bone of contention again?
Let's see these posts!

Digi
Ok, how about this. Abhi's Superman wins. Thor wins for everyone else, based on my earlier comments. Cpt. Atom gets energy-boned so hard, he time jumps to after the universe exists and explodes into nonexistence. The rest disintegrate in Thor's incompehensibly massive absorption redirection.

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Head trauma absorption, you mean?

evil face

That too.

fdog

dmills
These far out scenarios involving galaxy busting energy redirections, spontaneous red sun radiation weakness detection and ridiculous speed blitzes etc need to stop mad

BTW. Nova Prime wins by opening stargates in everyone's head.

Dampyre

You could say the same thing about Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter (to a lesser extent), or any number of heroes.

Superman isn't one of the top heralds for nothing; he has the feats that say he can hang with Surfer for a long enough period.

That's like comparing Superman to Hyperion. Both have similar powers but Superman is clearly more powerful. I would put Superman in the top 5 most powerful herald-class beings for sure. I just think the Surfer is superior. He's not a good match-up for Supes. Thor is actually better suited to battle the Surfer due to Mjolnir, IMO.

Digi
I would put Superman in the top 5 most powerful herald-class beings for sure. I just think the Surfer is superior. He's not a good match-up for Supes. Thor is actually better suited to battle the Surfer due to Mjolnir, IMO.

^

carver9
Thor is better suited for Surfer, don't understand why anyone would disagree with this. I would still give Surfer the majority against Thor...since Surfer rebirth, Surfer has been a freaking monster.

Digi
Thor is better suited for Surfer, don't understand why anyone would disagree with this. I would still give Surfer the majority against Thor...since Surfer rebirth, Surfer has been a freaking monster.

He also got bloodied by Thor.

-Pr-
Yep.
Cap has absorbed an entire universe worth of energy. Even mjolnir isn't superior to that.

Please stop trying to portray feats like that.

That's like comparing Superman to Hyperion. Both have similar powers but Superman is clearly more powerful. I would put Superman in the top 5 most powerful herald-class beings for sure. I just think the Surfer is superior. He's not a good match-up for Supes. Thor is actually better suited to battle the Surfer due to Mjolnir, IMO.

And that's fine. I'm just saying that Superman isn't as outmatched against Surfer as some might think, and is capable of beating him.

Nobody has disagreed with it.

Dampyre
He also got bloodied by Thor.

Actually, it was the other way around. Thor bloodied himself headbutting the Surfer. The Surfer does "bleed" anyway. He leaks energy on those rare instances when his shell is damaged. The Surfer is more impervious to harm than Thor.

Damborgson
he dent on Surfer's head was impressive also. and Thor's cut stopped bleeding very quickly.

Tony Stark
SS is the undisputed winner of this match.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Tony Stark
SS is the undisputed winner of this match.
Says you.

armedforbattle
BUMP

Juntai
Superman overall, because while he is certainly beatable, he's also the most overtly powerful man on the list. Any few years of Superman feats and victories can typically match up well with nearly anything the in other characters entire histories. This is Superman's "average", versus their "maximum".

leonidas
superman more often than not.

lft4ded
Instead of using red sun radiation against Supes, wouldn't Surfer be more likely to absorb the solar radiation out of him?

Naija boy
Surfer. Most options, best all round.

-Pr-
Originally posted by lft4ded
Instead of using red sun radiation against Supes, wouldn't Surfer be more likely to absorb the solar radiation out of him?

wouldn't work.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>