Thanos vs Renegade Doctor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Go

Digi
Who's Renegade Doctor?

Golgo13
Probably this guy.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47452/1740474-29_large.jpg

DarkSaint85
Renegade.

"Id"
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47452/1740474-29_large.jpg

This guy.

guy222
what r his powers

DarkSaint85
Warp reality on a massive scale, time travel casually, essentially everything the Doctor could do, but with 0 morals.

guy222
thankies

he should win

Digi
Would lean toward the Doctor simply sue to versatility. Time travel is the kicker here, as are things like being able to create superhumans or pulling them from various dimensions (Doctor was going to bring multiple Jenny Q's to a fight, but was stopped by Jenny herself)...UNLESS Thanos can prevent that kind of thing, or the OP decides that summoning or time messing isn't allowed. If it's just pitting raw power vs. raw power, Thanos stands a much better chance, but if the Doctor goes esoteric with his power use, it's over.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Warp reality on a massive scale, time travel casually, essentially everything the Doctor could do, but with 0 morals.

Doctor's not a reality warper. He's a high-level matter manipulator (among other things). Still powerful, but a big difference. Whatever you've heard about reality warping, it's wrong.

Bentley
How does he travel through time if he is no reality warper? Timewarps?

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
How does he travel through time if he is no reality warper? Timewarps?

Time manipulation and reality manipulation are different powers. It's been portrayed as opening a gate between different times. Everything he does manipulates the universe, but still works within the rules of the (comic book) universe. For example, his powers went bye-bye when the Authority was stuck in a world like ours that didn't have comic book physics. For another example, all of his matter manipulation feats are rearrangement - so, like, changing molecular or atomic structure. Reality doesn't just pop into place...he shapes it. The Doctor doesn't have to imagine the molecular structure, like Firestorm for example, but the power works in the same way. He's also been flummoxed by matter manipulation that is more nuanced than molecular/atomic (quantum, I would assume) and claimed it would take him days to fix the process.

Reality manip. is MJJ stuff. Doctor is not at that level.

comicfan11
The Doctor

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Digi
Time manipulation and reality manipulation are different powers. It's been portrayed as opening a gate between different times. Everything he does manipulates the universe, but still works within the rules of the (comic book) universe. For example, his powers went bye-bye when the Authority was stuck in a world like ours that didn't have comic book physics. For another example, all of his matter manipulation feats are rearrangement - so, like, changing molecular or atomic structure. Reality doesn't just pop into place...he shapes it. The Doctor doesn't have to imagine the molecular structure, like Firestorm for example, but the power works in the same way. He's also been flummoxed by matter manipulation that is more nuanced than molecular/atomic (quantum, I would assume) and claimed it would take him days to fix the process.

Reality manip. is MJJ stuff. Doctor is not at that level.

I stand corrected. I just saw it as 'changing reality', but you're right, it shouldn't be termed that.

Glorificus
Did this Renegade Doctor show any TP resistance?

Digi
Originally posted by Glorificus
Did this Renegade Doctor show any TP resistance?

A moot question. This Doctor had only one story arc, but this question ignores how the Doctor's powers work. Each inherits the knowledge and experiences of past Doctors. They're different people, but with access to the same history.

Further, no Doctor has default TP resistance, but all are capable of becoming hugely powerful telepaths just by thinking it. I did a "Mythbusters" post on this one time, that accounted for all examples of the Doctor and TP, and my theory is consistent with them all.

So no, in the strictest sense, he didn't displayed this, but can counter it simply by thinking it. Just as he's vulnerable for the briefest of moments to a speedblitz (he's also human level durability until he thinks otherwise) he's potentially vulnerable to a speedblitz mind-shutdown.

So my point remains - if the Doctor uses his abilities to the fullest, he wins. Thanos isn't without methods of victory, however.

Gecko4lif
I forgot

how did they beat him?

Digi
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I forgot

how did they beat him?

Along with the Doctor's inherited powers comes a connection to the Earth, and with it an awareness of the planet's life and various conscious beings. Basically, he got hit with empathy for the human race, and disgust for his actions, and allowed himself to be killed.

The Authority had no way of stopping him otherwise, as was made very clear. And this was before Jenny Q, so no one was even in his ballpark.

Uriel005
didnt he kill a couple million then **** it up because he got super hammered or something like that.

Digi
Originally posted by Uriel005
didnt he kill a couple million then **** it up because he got super hammered or something like that.

Yes, but that's only referenced. We never see it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.