Super Saiyan Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Goku Super Saiyan form during the time he fought Perfect Cell vs...

Final Form Frieza
Super Saiyan Vegeta (Vegeta during his first appearance as a SS)
Piccolo (the one that fought first form Cell)
Android 18
Android 17
Cell first form
Trunks (when he first arrived to fight Frieza)

Can Goku win?

Galan007
Goku should win pretty easily, me thinks.

Damborgson
spite against team really

Galan007
Totally agree.

Lets start with the power levels we know:
Final form Frieza @ 100%=120,000,000.
Trunks when he first arrived on earth=150,000,000.
Vegeta when he first appeared as a SSJ=200,000,000.
Goku during the Cell Games=3,000,000,000.

Now for some logical power approximations:
We know 18 was vastly stronger than SSJ Vegeta-- I think a safe estimate is that she was 2x more powerful. We know 17 was more powerful than 18, but not by much. We know the Piccolo/Kami amalgam had a PL equal to 17. We know that Imperfect Cell became vastly superior to 17-- once again, I think a safe estimate is that he was 2x more powerful.

Based on those estimations:
18=400,000,000.
17=450,000,000.
Piccolo=450,000,000.
Imperfect Cell=900,000,000.

If you add the PL of EVERYONE on the team together, you get a sum of roughly 2.6 billion--- which is still quite a bit inferior to Goku's PL of 3 billion. Food for thought.

Kento
Numbers mean nothing compared to power. Goku at the end of the Cell Saga was on par with Perfect Cell who was vastly superior to any of the people on the list.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kento
Numbers mean nothing compared to power. In the DBZ-verse, numbers ARE power. That's why I like using power levels in DBZ threads if/when I can. smile

Either way, we both agree that Goku dominates. thumb up

Kento
Originally posted by Galan007
In the DBZ-verse, numbers ARE power. That's why I like using power levels in DBZ threads if/when I can. smile

Either way, we both agree that Goku dominates. thumb up You know what I meant about numbers. laughing

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by carver9
This is Goku Super Saiyan form during the time he fought Perfect Cell vs...

Final Form Frieza
Android 18
Android 17
Cell first form

Can Goku win?

Yes. As can the team. vin

AuraAngel
Team wins obviously.

Astner
Goku would murder them.

Consider the following. Cell in his first form after he absorbed all those humans walked through Kami-Piccolo's full-powered blast unfazed. He then snapped Piccolo's neck with a punch, blew a hole in his chest, and threw to the side.

http://i46.tinypic.com/333dhmc_th.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/30cy6wi_th.jpghttp://i49.tinypic.com/16j08rc_th.jpghttp://i45.tinypic.com/wji682_th.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/2wnb7n5_th.jpghttp://i49.tinypic.com/25fje4o_th.jpghttp://i48.tinypic.com/vxycn9_th.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/29m7vpw_th.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2chthqt_th.jpg
Dragon Ball chapter 370, pages 6 - 14 of 15.

There's no one in this team that could hurt Cell post human absorption, yet alone Goku.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
There's no one in this team that could hurt Cell post human absorption, yet alone Goku. Great point. thumb up

Astner
Great point. thumb up
Small gaps in power levels result in huge rifts in power. I think that a lot of people are conditioned from other manga to believe that if you line up just enough heroes you can take on the big bad you can win, regardless of how powerful he is.

Galan007
thumb up

Say 'character A' has a PL of 1,000,000, and 'character B' has a PL of 1,018,000. Despite their PLs appearing to be similar at first glance, the difference between said PLs is actually proportionate to the difference between Saiyan Saga Vegeta and an average human being... Which, as you said, results in a considerable difference between powers in the end. Granted, with fighting style and various high-level attacks thrown in the mix, 'character A' could certainly make 'character B' work for the win-- however, that doesn't change the fact that 'character B' is still quite a bit more powerful overall.

The difference in PLs in this match is actually much more significant, though--- as Goku's PL is several billion higher than the next strongest character (ie. Imperfect Cell.)

Astner
Small gaps in power levels result in huge rifts in power. I think that a lot of people are conditioned from other manga to believe that if you line up just enough heroes then you can take on the big bad, regardless of how powerful he is.
Fixed. I really need to proof read my replies.

thumb up

Say 'character A' has a PL of 1,000,000, and 'character B' has a PL of 1,018,000. Despite their PLs appearing to be similar at first glance, the difference between said PLs is actually proportionate to the difference between Saiyan Saga Vegeta and an average human being... Which, as you said, results in a considerable difference between powers in the end.

Granted, with fighting style and various high-level attacks thrown in the mix, 'character A' could certainly make 'character B' work for the win-- however, that doesn't change the fact that 'character B' is still quite a bit more powerful overall.
I'm not sure of the exact scaling method, so I wouldn't necessarily say that they're proportionate to the difference between Vegeta and a human. But I'll agree on that they can be deceiving.

Galan007
I'm not sure of the exact scaling method, so I wouldn't necessarily say that they're proportionate to the difference between Vegeta and a human. But I'll agree on that they can be deceiving. Yeah, I dunno either. Just a guess.

Goku wins, doh.

AuraAngel
Team still wins lol.

Astner
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Team still wins lol.
Could you elaborate on your reasoning as to why the team would win? Evidence of similar occurrences in the manga would also be appreciated.

AuraAngel
Be more observant. I didn't see it at first either(not that I read the OP) until DP's post.

Galan007
I'm honestly not seeing what you're seeing. Care to fill me in?

Astner
Be more observant. I didn't see it at first either(not that I read the OP) until DP's post.
That's an informal fallacy, particularly the argument from silence fallacy. You have to provide concrete evidence if you expect to convince someone that you're right. And if you're not intending to convince someone that you're right you have nothing to do in a debate.

AuraAngel
Kay.

Look closely at Goku's opponents and figure out why he loses.

Galan007
Kay.

Look closely at Goku's opponents and figure out why he loses. Final Form Frieza
Android 18
Android 17
Cell first form

Still not seeing why/how he looses.

AuraAngel
Cell absorbs the Androids on his team and kills him.

Galan007
I doubt that the thread starter intended absorption to be an option, or else he simply would have made a "Perfect Cell vs. Goku" thread. Furthermore, that opinion assumes Goku would give Cell the chance to absorb 2 different androids before attacking/destroying him.

But IF absorption is a valid tactic in this match, and IF Goku allows Cell to absorb the androids, the "team"(ie. Cell) does win, obviously.

AuraAngel
Too late to change it now. And of course Goku is going to allow him. He'd be in the mood to fight someone strong and there is no harm in allowing it to happen. 131

Astner

Galan007
So even though the thread specifies that this is Cell Games Goku(meaning he already knows that Perfect Cell is more powerful than him), your contention is that he would still just kick back and let Imperfect Cell absorb both androids? Srsly? If Vegeta would have known in advance that Perfect Cell was vastly more powerful than himself, do you think he still would have let 2nd form Cell absorb 18? Hell no.

When did Goku devolve into an idiot fighter/tactician?

AuraAngel
In that case(where we're using a character's story knowledge in a scenario that can't possibly be fit anywhere into the story) why would Trunks and Piccolo fight him at all?

The fight is a hypothetical and if we take into account characteristics, Goku likes to fight strong guys and is known to abandon logic when there are things at stake(holding back against Kid Buu, Majin Vegeta, and not doing the Fusion again) so here, in a hypothetical where there are no stakes at all, then he wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Based
Goku can clear the entire list at once.

Galan007
In that case(where we're using a character's story knowledge in a scenario that can't possibly be fit anywhere into the story) why would Trunks and Piccolo fight him at all?

The fight is a hypothetical and if we take into account characteristics, Goku likes to fight strong guys and is known to abandon logic when there are things at stake(holding back against Kid Buu, Majin Vegeta, and not doing the Fusion again) so here, in a hypothetical where there are no stakes at all, then he wouldn't have much of a problem with it. ...Except for the fact that as of the Cell Games(heck, even before then) Goku already knew that Perfect Cell was more powerful than himself.

And if he already knows there is no possible way for him to win if he lets Cell absorb the androids, then he simply would not allow said absorption to happen. I never took Goku as the suicidal type. wink

Astner

Demonic Phoenix
Cell absorbs the Androids on his team and kills him.

You saw it. thumb up
Seriously though, if Goku realizes what Cell's up to, I don't think Cell will be able to pull it off, and that's assuming the Androids are even around to be absorbed.

~ Or, Cell absorbs one Android and self-destructs. Either it'll be a stalemate, or Goku will do what he did in the manga. awesome

AuraAngel
What can I say DP, great minds think alike. Not that I'm sure you and I qualify as those but hey.

And really the only thing to argue in this thread is if Goku would allow Cell to become complete. If you're giving him story knowledge then of course he wouldn't but that comes at the cost of making some weird ideas exist. So I've been assuming the fight has no stakes and that Goku really doesn't care so long as he can have a fun fight.

But bored now.

Demonic Phoenix
What can I say DP, great minds think alike. Not that I'm sure you and I qualify as those but hey.

And really the only thing to argue in this thread is if Goku would allow Cell to become complete. If you're giving him story knowledge then of course he wouldn't but that comes at the cost of making some weird ideas exist. So I've been assuming the fight has no stakes and that Goku really doesn't care so long as he can have a fun fight.

But bored now.

Others would say fools seldom differ. stick out tongue

Assuming CIS isn't off, I don't know if he would allow Cell to become Perfect, but my knowledge of the Cell Games is a little fuzzy. Cell would definitely aim to absorb the two Androids though, but that is assuming Goku hasn't destroyed them completely.

Get a girlfriend, or two. stick out tongue

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Others would say fools seldom differ. stick out tongue

Assuming CIS isn't off, I don't know if he would allow Cell to become Perfect, but my knowledge of the Cell Games is a little fuzzy. Cell would definitely aim to absorb the two Androids though, but that is assuming Goku hasn't destroyed them completely.

Get a girlfriend, or two. stick out tongue

Others suck though.

Eh, I assume it is. And he probably would since he'd want to fight Vegeta first as he seems to enjoy fighting teh guy.

But I is shy and full of self hate.

juggerman

Galan007
Originally posted by juggerman
He did hold back against Kid Buu.... Not intentionally.

It was stated that if Goku powered up as a SSJ3 he'd be able to destroy Kid Buu "in an instant." However, when he tried powering up in his SSJ3 state he swiftly realized the physical stressors of maintaining that form were too much for his mortal body to handle, thus he unwillingly powered down to his base-level state.

He did hold back against Fat Buu on purpose, though--- as he wanted the kids(Goten/Trunks) to "have something to do." That much was stated.

juggerman
Not intentionally.

It was stated that if Goku powered up as a SSJ3 he'd be able to destroy Kid Buu "in an instant." However, when he tried powering up in his SSJ3 state he swiftly realized the physical stressors of maintaining that form were too much for his mortal body to handle, thus he unwillingly powered down to his base-level state.

He did hold back against Fat Buu on purpose, though--- as he wanted the kids(Goten/Trunks) to "have something to do." That much was stated.

I remember Goku saying something about drawing out the fight with Kid Buu so Vegeta could have a turn, but then after using SSJ3 for so long it completely wore him out

Galan007
Goku had been trying to power up during his battle with Kid Buu, but due to the intensity at which they were fighting, he never got the minute he needed to fully power up as a SSJ3:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14411286/420813.gif.html

By the time Vegeta attempted to buy Goku that minute he needed to power up, his body could not handle the strain of SSJ3:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14411328/421010.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14411329/421011.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14411330/421101.gif.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.