Help me name this movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hickery
I saw this movie on tv in the early to middle 60's. The story was of a beautiful girl who lived in the jungle and had a full grown tiger as her pet and protector. Somehow she is discovered by white men from America. She befriends the handsome young man. Then all I remember is that a rouge elephant attacts the girl and the tiger gets stomped on and dies while protecting the girl. The big ending had the handsome man having the elephant chasing him through the jungle while he stayed just ahead of it by going from tree to tree on vines (like Tarzan). He went from vine to vine untill he reached a cliff, then swinging out over hundreds of feet of nothing.The elephant couldn't stop and you see a sort of distance shot of the man swinging out while the elephant drops to its death. I thought it was one of the Dorothy Lamour jungle pictures but the storyline doesn't fit. Maybe it was a Jungle Jim? I've read synopsis of the Tarzan movies and they don't have this one either. I saw it several times as a kid but not for over 45 years. If anyone has an idea it will be very welcome. Thanks Dan.

Nibedicus
Um, googled the things you remember, came up with "The Jungle Princess". That it?

rudester
its called no one watched it but you. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.