Solomon Grundy vs Colossus (pre-colossonaut)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Fight! Let's rumble.

-Pr-
In most incarnations, Grundy.

Flyattractor
Grundy recycle Silly Commie Tin man!

tkitna
grundy

joesha28
What's the Odd.. I think Pete puts some good shots in and could KO grundy.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by -Pr-
In most incarnations, Grundy.

DarkSaint85
Current Grundy would utterly destroy him.

Other preboot incarnations would still win.

StiltmanFTW
Batman... Wildcat...

Bentley
Grundy destroys Piotr, he ain't no Ben Grimm

KingD19
Ben's "heart" only goes so far. Grundy would take him out too.

Golgo13
Grundy.

carver9
Colossus can put up a good fight and I can see him pulling some wins.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I imagine he punches harder than Wayne or Wildcat.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Did Colossus ever get hurt by a street level or a Spiderman level character with their fist? It usually take high class opponents damaging him or knocking him out.

StiltmanFTW
He got hurt recently by a kick from Storm.

But that's nothing compared to Grundy who's been ko'd multiple times...

KingD19
He got hurt recently by a kick from Storm.

But that's nothing compared to Grundy who's been ko'd multiple times...

And that is obviously PIS. Because Colossalnaut being hurt by a kick from Storm of all people.

It's like Batman hurting Darkseid.

StiltmanFTW
Was he in Juggernaut mode?

Wasn't Batman ethereal or something when he did that? BTW Bruce challenged Darkseid in one episode of Brave&Bold and owned him laughing

KingD19
Was he in Juggernaut mode?

Wasn't Batman ethereal or something when he did that? BTW Bruce challenged Darkseid in one episode of Brave&Bold and owned him laughing

I remember that episode. Batman was pretty much unstoppable in every episode. Giant Man-Bat Mystic Kung Fu Monster, turns into Captain Marvel, etc... lol

And no, he was in Colossus mode, but even that mode seemed to have an upgrade in strength and durability. But all that was thrown out the window to make Storm look good I suppose. A 55k(10 miles roughly) fall hurts him, despite falling from near orbit on Breakworld and not even passing out.

A kick from Ororo Munroe hurts and gets a response from him...Storm. The lady.

And then when she strikes the jet with lightning, he's like, "Aaaaugh, that hurt." Yet years ago when he was much weaker he tanked her lightning for like 3 minutes while she was trying to charge Cyclops.

StiltmanFTW
I loved it when he was fighting Superman and they basically copied the panels from Dark Knight Returns when 55 years old Bruce put Clark in his place. It was awesome.

Was it confirmed? Didn't Gillen say he's at normal Colossus levels w/o transforming?

Anyway yeah, it was a low showing, I only mentioned that because carv asked.

Golgo13
Grundy's power level fluctuates depending on the situation, but a high end Grundy would own Colossus.

SevenShackles

Curious but is it really fare to compare batman/wildcat to Grundy vs someone like colossus? Batman and the like (from my memory) usually use skill/hit and run/plot devices to defeat a bruiser like Grundy but colossus will attack him head on and engage in a slug fest. In that I think Grundy will gain the upper hand and lay him out more times than not.

KingD19
I loved it when he was fighting Superman and they basically copied the panels from Dark Knight Returns when 55 years old Bruce put Clark in his place. It was awesome.

Was it confirmed? Didn't Gillen say he's at normal Colossus levels w/o transforming?

Anyway yeah, it was a low showing, I only mentioned that because carv asked.

He's at normal levels yeah, but that seemed to have amped up a bit. Like when the celestial bomb blew a hole in his chest, or when he was knocking around War Machine.

And Shackles, when Wildcat and Batman beat down Grundy, I believe they were both slugfests.

StiltmanFTW
I like to think of those just as really decent feats for Colossus. That way they're still usable in versus threads. But then there is Juggernaut who had two depowered modes, so it's within the realm of possibility that so did Colossus.

Fun fact: When things are getting real bad in Metropolis, Superman borrows the Bat-Signal from Gordon.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by KingD19

And Shackles, when Wildcat and Batman beat down Grundy, I believe they were both slugfests.

Oh was it a reference to a praticular fight? I thought it was a general statement referring to Solomon Grundy being taken down by normal/peak human characters. who usually defeat him threw not so direct means when compared to the usual approach of fighters like colossus.

KingD19
Batman has beaten Grundy in fist fights before, and once Wildcat beat the white off him.

StiltmanFTW
Batman took a surprise attack from Grundy and started punching him until he passed out...

In their other fight, Bruce hit him in solar plexus (something Colossus can do as well, he's not a dumb fighter) and kicked him in the jaw for the knockout.

KingD19
Pretty recently, Bruce also hit Wonder Woman in the solar plexus and took her down.

SevenShackles
Ah I see. Ok. I have seen Grundy taken down but often it just seemed like a low showing and given how he fluctuates I just assumed that version was weaker (and allowing him to be taken out) when compared to stronger showings where he steamrolls ppl.

-Pr-
In his average incarnations, Grundy is well above Colossus. It's really his match to lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.