Gandalf the White vs Michael

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
Gandalf the White, from the third part of The Lord Of The Rings

VS

The Archangel Michael, from the film Legion

They are fighting in the Colosseum. They are fighting to the death, or something to similar effect. They know nothing of each other prior to the fight. Neither of them is held back by any wizard or angel rules, they are both going all-out. There will be no outside interference. Gandalf is in White-mode, obviously, and is armed with his staff and Glamdring, and Michael has his wings and is armed with his own sword.

SSJVegeta
I hope enough people have seen Legion to comment on this, but for those who haven't seen the film here are a couple of clips showing what Michael can do:

y7eK90BOdI4

Sv5sfLaFVBw

SSJVegeta
And here's Michael with his own wings:

0TurtBj24DA

-kV-
I'd say Gandalf wins.

Supra
Hello it's Michael the archangel the warrior of heaven who defeated Satan, he cannot die.

-kV-
^

Well that's convenient, isn't it?

Supra
Originally posted by -kV-
^

Well that's convenient, isn't it?

Lol..Being an archangel has its perks my friendwink

the ninjak
What a silly fight.

Supra
Originally posted by the ninjak
What a silly fight.

Agreed

NemeBro
You are aware that Gandalf is the Tolkien equivelant of an archangel, right?

And similarly, can't die.

Supra
Originally posted by NemeBro

And similarly, can't die.

Michaels cuts his head off with his sword and I'm sure he dies.

NemeBro
Gandalf is physically much stronger and he is more powerful though.

Similarly, I say that Gandalf cuts off Michael's head, and I am sure he dies.

Supra
Gandalf is physically much stronger and he is more powerful though.

Similarly, I say that Gandalf cuts off Michael's head, and I am sure he dies.

Michaels wings are like shields though, he could block that attack, secondly he can fly would be tough between those two. But let's say he does cut michaels head off if that's even possible. The sword might just bounce off. His spirit returns to heaven and he just comes right back. He's a supernatural being, he can't be killed. Michael also has the power of God on his side. Making him much more powerful then Gandolf.

-kV-
How about we don't factor in immortality, for both sides. No resurrections. If one of these dudes lops off the other's head, the battle is over.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Supra
Michaels wings are like shields though, he could block that attack, secondly he can fly would be tough between those two. But let's say he does cut michaels head off if that's even possible. The sword might just bounce off. His spirit returns to heaven and he just comes right back. He's a supernatural being, he can't be killed. Michael also has the power of God on his side. Making him much more powerful then Gandolf. Gandalf's killed a Baelrog.

He would lol @ Michael and effortlessly beat his ass.

On KMC, you don't need to kill someone to win a fight; KO works as well.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Supra
Michaels wings are like shields though, he could block that attack, secondly he can fly would be tough between those two. But let's say he does cut michaels head off if that's even possible. The sword might just bounce off. His spirit returns to heaven and he just comes right back. He's a supernatural being, he can't be killed. Michael also has the power of God on his side. Making him much more powerful then Gandolf. Gandalf has a shield too. His destroyed a sword of flame wielded by a thirty foot tall demigod. Mike's?

Flying is negated by Gandalf's telekinesis.

The sword might just bounce off, or it could sever his neck and kill him.

Gandalf is a supernatural being. He can't be killed. Gandalf also has the power of Eru Illuvitar on his side. Making him much more powerful than Michael.

-kV-
I'm assuming this is Gandalf unleashed. Gandalf has shown, in both the LOTR and The Hobbit that he can:

* Completely blind an entity
* Spontaneously cause steel to catch on fire
* Shatter Dwarven throwing axes with his staff

* Teleport
* Use telekinesis
* Blast the ground/boulders with his staff
* Create fire from his staff
* Conjure magical shields
* Create thunderstorms and call upon lightning

He is also shown to have incredible physical endurance. He landed upon a fiery Balrog and wasn't burned. He smashed into rocks while in free-fall, and survived a 1000+ foot drop into water. He battled the Balrog for days, climbing from the "lowest dungeon to the highest peak" . And that was as Gandalf the Grey, btw.

Gandalf, if unleashed, has way too many weapons to defeat the Michael from Legion.

Supra
Gandalf has a shield too. His destroyed a sword of flame wielded by a thirty foot tall demigod. Mike's?

Flying is negated by Gandalf's telekinesis.

The sword might just bounce off, or it could sever his neck and kill him.

Gandalf is a supernatural being. He can't be killed. Gandalf also has the power of Eru Illuvitar on his side. Making him much more powerful than Michael.

Ok so like I said if it does kill him his spirit returns to heaven just like it did in the movie and he comes right back. The power of Eru Illuvitar from the Tolkin universe is and seems like the same power of God from the Legion Universe. Meaning, the both are the creators and supreme beings of that universe.

But with the powers you have listed that Gandolf has vs. Michael from the movie I will fold to you as him being more powerful. As for Michael dying well you know my point on that. He would just keep dying and coming back and eventually just stop.

But back to one persons point stupid fight, they both would be on the same side. But Gandolf would win as you say.

Good debate thoughsmile

quanchi112

And similarly, can't die. Did you miss the part in the movie when he died ? Or that part where he awaited to die ? This can't die on both ends is childish and fanboyish.

juggerman
Originally posted by quanchi112
Did you miss the part in the movie when he died ? Or that part where he awaited to die ? This can't die on both ends is childish and fanboyish.

laughing

thumb up

Robtard
Gandalf > Michael

Robtard
Did you miss the part in the movie when he died ? Or that part where he awaited to die ? This can't die on both ends is childish and fanboyish.

Neither of them can truly die, as shown in the films. They come back.

But dying first counts as a forum loss.

the ninjak

Yeah Gandalf died. And returned as a White Wizard.

Who we use in terms of this fight. An evolution.

And when was this scene when he awaited death?

During the attack on the main city where he fought tooth and nail whilst the city was overwhelmed by thousands of Orcs and other beasts?

Heck Michael stood worried wih his crew against a hundred zombies at a roadside diner....with assualt weapons!

Gandalf the White when in front of elite fighters of the realm utterly put them down. Forced projectiles out of the way, set weapons alight with kinetic fire.
He suppressed the fellowship with absolute ease.
Michael is one being. With guns and experience. If that's all he has then Gandalf halts him in his path.

Heck Gandalf the Grey had Telekinetic force push feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.