Team High Herald vs ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Team high Herald

Thor
Superman
Surfer
Orion

Vs

Super Skrull
Nova Prime
Magneto
Classic Rogue
Storm (with Cannonball shielding around her.)
Ms. Marvel
Wonderman
Vision
Ironman
War Machine
Kid Gladiator

-Pr-
The hell is "Cannonball shielding"?

armedforbattle
Uhhhh, team 2 and its not very hard.

carver9
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Uhhhh, team and its not very hard.

Which team?

armedforbattle
Bigger team
Fixed my original post

dmills
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9966/32197199.jpg

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by dmills

laughing

pym-ftw
big grin

-Pr-

think i'm going to have to profile this.

Newjak
I'm going with team Herald on this one.

Just too much power, speed, versatility and power did I mention the sheer power here.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by carver9
Team high Herald

Thor
Superman
Surfer
Orion

Vs

Super Skrull
Nova Prime
Magneto
Classic Rogue
Ms. Marvel
Wonderman
Vision
Ironman
War Machine
Kid Gladiator

Speed Blitzes aren't that much in character for any of these people that I know of, save perhaps Nova Prime, who I am not at all familiar with.

On the herald side, Silver Surfer, save for the fact that he does not seem to blitz much either, is the most unknown. Seems relatively slow to fight. I'm wondering how he fares against Magneto, Vision, and Rogue, in about that order. Kid Gladiator seems to have roughly the same abilities as his father. Rogue recently borrowed his powers for some major offensive, but, unfortunately, I can't remember against who.
Perhaps Exodus?

Gonna have to go with the 2nd team based on the fighting style of the people I know of and how previous encounters have gone.

Magneto, for instance, has gone against Thor both one-on-one and in a group. His shields shrugged off the combined strikes of Thor and She-Hulk in the X-Men versus Avengers series, and that was back in the 1980s, when being Thor meant something. Magneto has gotten more powerful since then; Thor seems to have gotten weaker.

Rogue, of course, famously made her debut against Thor, and used her power to more or less defeat the Avengers in that encounter.
Unless Team 1 is specifically geared to stopping her, or one of them is immune to her power and she goes for them first, or for some reason the people on Team 1 are minded to use their more exotic powers first, I see this as the Magneto, Rogue, and Vision show.

Again, though, I don't really know how effective Silver Surfer is in battle.
My answer would probably change if he IS in the habit of doing weird stuff as his norm ...

janus77
Surfer solos.

Without him, the "High Heralds" are actually not very high at all.

Oh and Thor dies.

The Sorrow
Unless the high heralds pull something big out of the bag right at the start of the fight they aren't winning this.

-Pr-
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer solos.

Oh and Thor dies.

Don't bait people.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Rogue ... famously made her debut against Thor, and used her power to more or less defeat the Avengers in that encounter.

Avengers Annual #10, 1981.
This is what we see after Rogue has touched Thor's face.

bluewaterrider

Magneto has gotten more powerful since then; Thor seems to have gotten weaker.

bluewaterrider

Unless Team 1 is specifically geared to stopping her, or one of them is immune to her power and she goes for them first, or for some reason the people on Team 1 are minded to use their more exotic powers first, I see this as the Magneto, Rogue, and Vision show.

-Pr-
Thor isn't weaker.

Newjak
Rogue is only helpful if she can get a hand on one of Team 1. Since they would know her base abilities that would probably be hard for her to do.

Ms. Marvel isn't adding much, neither is War Machine. Tony is only dangerous because of his mind but if any of team 1 treat him remotely serious he is going down.

Storm with Cannoball's protection might offer some help but I don't think a lot.

janus77
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor isn't weaker.
Rhino just got way stronger? confused

DarkSaint85
Based on how they fight, bluewater convinced me that when faced with powerful opponents, Thor will BFR them.

Naija boy
T1

Dampyre
Speed Blitzes aren't that much in character for any of these people that I know of, save perhaps Nova Prime, who I am not at all familiar with.

On the herald side, Silver Surfer, save for the fact that he does not seem to blitz much either, is the most unknown. Seems relatively slow to fight. I'm wondering how he fares against Magneto, Vision, and Rogue, in about that order. Kid Gladiator seems to have roughly the same abilities as his father. Rogue recently borrowed his powers for some major offensive, but, unfortunately, I can't remember against who.
Perhaps Exodus?

The Vision and Rogue are useless against the Surfer. He beat the Vision and Wonder Man at the same time in literally one panel back in the Order series. Rogue tried to absorb the Surfer's powers once and failed. Super Skrull was literally brutalized by Norrin when he got pissed off. Magneto could be a fight but he's out-classed, IMO.

Team One wins this. They simply have too much power.

Dampyre
Surfer solos.

Oh and Thor dies.

The Surfer can't solo but he could beat Wonder Man, Vision, Super Skrull and Rogue at the same time. I also think the others can take multiple opponents as well.

Newjak
Rhino just got way stronger? confused Rhino got upgraded so his horn was actually part of a tooth from Midgard Serpent.

janus77
Originally posted by Newjak
Rhino got upgraded so his horn was actually part of a tooth from Midgard Serpent.
So basically he's even more horny than usual? confused

JakeTheBank
Thor seems to have gotten weaker.

....how is a guy who kills the Demogorge, clipped the wings of the Phoenix Force, endured an assault from Glory, effected the Chaos King, stalemates Silver Surfer, physically blasts through Galactus' helmet, killed Surtur, one shot BFRd an amped Hulk while being less than at optimal health/endurance, and the like weaker than he was before?

You would literally have to ignore or be ignorant of the vast majority of Thor's feats since his rebirth to come to that conclusion.

carver9
This fight isn't easy on any side and Vision has stalemate Surfer before.

Dampyre
This fight isn't easy on any side and Vision has stalemate Surfer before.

The last time they fought the Surfer beat the Vision with a single attack, even with Wonder Man helping him. The Vision is a non-factor against the Silver Surfer.

-Pr-
The issue here, is that as strong as team 2 is, they're going up against the three guys who've been arguably top of the herald division on a consistent basis for the last what, four or five decades? And then add Orion, who's no slouch either.

Team 1 can take it, but not without showing just why they're rated so highly.

JakeTheBank
Personally, I think Team 1 would have to dip into their high end WTF level feats in order to win.

dmills
Team high Herald

Thor
Superman
Surfer
Orion

Vs

Super Skrull
Nova Prime
Magneto
Classic Rogue
Ms. Marvel
Wonderman
Vision
Ironman
War Machine
Kid Gladiator

Nova deputizes his entire team.

Magneto and Nova place mjolnir in a dual gravimetric/em bubble while Vision and Super Skrull attack Thor simultaneously with a brain bubble squeeze/phased hand into lungs combo. Thor's down.

Just as in the (according to dc fans) cannon JLA/Avengers, Supes gets phucked up by a repulsar blast, Wonder Man punch, Vision punch followed by a mass team beat down all while his teammates stare on in a weird mix of disbelief and horror combo. He's out.

Wonderman, Kid Gladiator, Ms Marvel and Rogue engage Orion in h2h, aided by potshots from War Machine and lighting from Storm. Mags comes and pins Orion down via the metal in his costume and that stupid little scooter he flies around on. Then Rider finishes him off with 52 compressed gravimetric pulses to his head.

Surfer sees all of this and promptly leaves.

Seriously though, I could honestly see the high heralds winning. I can also see the mass team winning provided they coordinate their attacks effectively, with their margin of error being less then that of the Super team.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Based on how they fight, bluewater convinced me that when faced with powerful opponents, Thor will BFR them.

Bluewaterrider called that right; it's good that you were finally persuaded by him.

Question is, however, will Thor himself think the people on Team 2 powerful enough to warrant removing from the battlefield?

Pro-team 1 supporters seemed determined to prove otherwise for a moment there ...

Dampyre
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Personally, I think Team 1 would have to dip into their high end WTF level feats in order to win.

I wouldn't say that but they cannot afford to play around here.

JayDaDon
Thor and surfer have the ability to clear a lot of feam 1 with a single attack. Superman can hand out one-shots like candy canes. Team 1 should take it.

carver9
I don't see anyone on team 2 being taken out easily.

-Pr-
You still haven't explained what Cannonball shielding is.

JayDaDon
Superman could definitely one shot classic rogue, warbird, super skrull, kid gladiator. Maybe war machine. If surfer opened up a black hole or Thor pulled something exotic out of mjolnir, some could survive, but most would be in deep. I don't know too much about Orion tho. If supes runs wild and makes himself a huge problem for team 2 it makes it easier for everyone else to get exotic.

Branlor Swift
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer1.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer3.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/X-MenUnlimited13-24.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/X-MenUnlimited13-26.jpg

That weeds out those guys since Surfer can non chalantly take them out, which leaves him, Supes and Orion to molest the others.

Thor gets taken out admidst the chaos... casually.

psycho gundam
abhi will be in here soon to try and post a mini respect thread about how superman can not only withstand that, but replicate it in some vague way

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by psycho gundam
abhi will be in here soon to try and post a mini respect thread about how superman can not only withstand that, but replicate it in some vague way Makes sense. No teammate can seem more versatile than Superman.

Surfer low showings incoming as well.

psycho gundam
low showings of the mexican day-laborer kind to be specific thumb up

dmills
abhi will be in here soon to try and post a mini respect thread about how superman can not only withstand that, but replicate it in some vague way

laughing out loud

dmills
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Makes sense. No teammate can seem more versatile than Superman.

Damn.

Well anywho, good shyt you posted nonetheless thumb up

Zack Fair
Team 1.

Too much power.

JakeTheBank

Makes sense. No teammate can seem more versatile than Superman.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer1.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer3.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/X-MenUnlimited13-24.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/X-MenUnlimited13-26.jpg

That weeds out those guys since Surfer can non chalantly take them out, which leaves him, Supes and Orion to molest the others.

Thor gets taken out admidst the chaos... casually.
Hey, that's the same comic where rogue outsped surfer?

stick out tongue

You think the silver eunuch taking vision, wonder man and warbird out is something impressive?

crylaugh

Terryc250
Team 1 with little effort

Newjak
You still haven't explained what Cannonball shielding is. I'm assuming it's Storm getting Cannonball's mutant powers.

carver9
I'm assuming it's Storm getting Cannonball's mutant powers.

Exactly.

-Pr-
I'm assuming it's Storm getting Cannonball's mutant powers.

Exactly.

Yeah, because that makes sense.

Either way, she's kind of useless here. Her offensive output isn't enough to do any real damage.

And before anyone posts Storm's lightning bolt hitting Surfer, it's SvFL and not valid.

basilisk
Team high Herald

Thor
Superman
Surfer
Orion

Vs

Super Skrull
Nova Prime
Magneto
Classic Rogue
Ms. Marvel
Wonderman
Vision
Ironman
War Machine
Kid Gladiator

I think Surfer gives this to team 1. As others have stated, last time he fought some of these guys he wasted them, Rogue can't stop him, he is above Magneto, he can manipulate WM. Surfer could wreck most of T2 himself if he isn't holding back. Then on top of that you have Superman, Thor, and Orion. Thor would at least take down Storm before his obligatory KO. Supe's speed and strength are too much for most of them. Orion will do serious damage.

Nova Prime is the only one here who makes me think T2 has a chance of taking some wins. That and T1 fighting down towards PIS/CIS level.

carver9
Magneto have fts of hanging with anyone here minus Surfer.

-Pr-
Only if they hold back.

Still wrong though.

h1a8
Boy if Rogue touches any two characters (like Superman and Surfer) then it is over.

I like team 2 chances a lot here. But if Superman and Surfer uses their top speed and fight intelligently then look out.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Boy if Rogue touches any two characters (like Superman and Surfer) then it is over.

I like team 2 chances a lot here. But if Superman and Surfer uses their top speed and fight intelligently then look out.

Everyone is fighting in character.

-Pr-

Rogue isn't one-shotting anyone.

basilisk

I like team 2 chances a lot here. But if Superman and Surfer uses their top speed and fight intelligently then look out. Rogue collapsed when she touched Surfer. She would just be removing herself from the battle.

bluewaterrider
Rogue isn't one-shotting anyone.

Rogue's one-shotting Thor.

Read Avengers Annual #10 some time, Rogue's first appearance, if you can't imagine what that looks like, or how easy it is.

At that point, Rogue, theoretically having access now to all Thor's memories and special abilities, including Mjolnir, BRF's Silver Surfer.

Note that nearly all Team 2's characters are Marvel characters.
They KNOW Thor. They KNOW the threat he represents. EVERYONE on Team 2 is going to consider him priority #1, it's just that Rogue is going to be the one taking him out. She's also going to take out Surfer, knowing better than to fool around with that guy.

Superman and Orion will be comparatively unknown to Team 2.
Orion tends to be more aggressive than Superman, likely Kid Gladiator encounters him first, owing, if nothing esle, to KG's desire to live up to his father's reputation.

Magneto's going to destroy his sled, though.

Team 2's chances look good after this point.

janus77
Surfer, using his Cosmic Awareness, realises that Thor is encased in the Fail Force, so, at the beginning of the fight he bfrs Mjolnir to some distant dimension.

Thus preventing anyone from one-shot KOing Thor (but not from KOing Thor, that cannot be prevented).

Also, Surfer cannot be bfrd.

JayDaDon

Read Avengers Annual #10 some time, Rogue's first appearance, if you can't imagine what that looks like, or how easy it is.

At that point, Rogue, theoretically having access now to all Thor's memories and special abilities, including Mjolnir, BRF's Silver Surfer.

They KNOW Thor. They KNOW the threat he represents. EVERYONE on Team 2 is going to consider him priority #1, it's just that Rogue is going to be the one taking him out. She's also going to take out Surfer, knowing better than to fool around with that guy.

Orion tends to be more aggressive than Superman, likely Kid Gladiator encounters him first, owing, if nothing esle, to KG's desire to live up to his father's reputation.

Rogue can't do Jack to Surfer.

dmills
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Rogue can't do Jack to Surfer.

But Rogue with Thor's power can. Because as we all know, no matter how much Thor gets jobbed, no matter if he gets knocked out every month by random villain of the week, one immutable truth remains. He'll always kick Norrin's naked arse. Canon.

Nibedicus
Absorbing Thor's power also doesn't equate to being "worthy", does it? Meaning she'll get his strength and not be able to use Mjolnir.

And Surfer/Supes/Thor has a MUCH better chance of one shotting her at long range as she has of getting to melee range and touch his face.

dmills
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Absorbing Thor's power also doesn't equate to being "worthy", does it? Meaning she'll get his strength and not be able to use Mjolnir.

And Surfer/Supes/Thor has a MUCH better chance of one shotting her at long range as she has of getting to melee range and touch his face.

Thor never really does much with it vs Surfer outside of using it as a bludgeon anyway. Not in their last encounter at least.

Nibedicus
Thor never really does much with it vs Surfer outside of using it as a bludgeon anyway. Not in their last encounter at least.

No Mjolnir means: no energy absorption, reduced hitting power, limited flight, loss of BFR options.

Also, irrelevant as every character in herald team can one shot her at range before she can get to melee range.

Zack Fair
http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

vince_slice
Hey dmills.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1292614-nova_13_dcp_029_super.jpg

http://www.adiumxtras.com/images/thumbs/troll_icons_2_28891_7697_thumb.png

dmills
No Mjolnir means: no energy absorption, reduced hitting power, limited flight, loss of BFR options.

Also, irrelevant as every character in herald team can one shot her at range before she can get to melee range.

She's an extremely valuable asset to her team so I'm certain Nova and/or Magneto can shield her until she can get into position to leech someone other then Surfer. Preferably Superman because the strength, speed, durability amp would be invaluable. If she can gain even a quarter of that it increases the team's chances dramatically.

JayDaDon
But Rogue with Thor's power can. Because as we all know, no matter how much Thor gets jobbed, no matter if he gets knocked out every month by random villain of the week, one immutable truth remains. He'll always kick Norrin's naked arse. Canon.

Last time they fought it was one big STALEMATE and that's it. I havent seen thor kick anyones arse in so long I can hardly picture it. Rogue does not equal Thor and does not get mjolnir either. Surfer would PC the shiiiiieeet outta her.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by vince_slice
Hey dmills.

-_-

dmills
Originally posted by vince_slice
Hey dmills.

What's the from ? whistle

psycho gundam
look how completely helpless and scared nova looks there.

-Pr-

One instance isn't an average.

Surfer, using his Cosmic Awareness, realises that Thor is encased in the Fail Force, so, at the beginning of the fight he bfrs Mjolnir to some distant dimension.

Thus preventing anyone from one-shot KOing Thor (but not from KOing Thor, that cannot be prevented).

Also, Surfer cannot be bfrd.

Stop baiting.

==

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, the "basic knowledge" clause is still in effect.

dmills
I checked my Nova comics and couldn't find that issue. All that I found was this single image for some strange reason.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2706/nova14012.jpg

I have no clue what the rest is like.

Branlor Swift
Rogue gets punched in the face really hard if she comes near any of the team.

Someone will naturally save Thor, but same thing.

She's about as big an asset as a bullseye would be to Thor's chin.

EDIT: Nice picture of Nova going balls out against Surfer and failing to damage him

dmills
Shut up.

Branlor Swift
I hope your stomach's strong enough to hold down those Fruity Pebbles you had for breakfast, because you're about to get queasy.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7435/scan0013pb5.th.jpg http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7016/scan0014hl8.th.jpg http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5113/scan0015hd2.th.jpg

dmills
I hope your stomach's strong enough to hold down those Fruity Pebbles you had for breakfast, because you're about to get queasy.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7435/scan0013pb5.th.jpg http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7016/scan0014hl8.th.jpg http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5113/scan0015hd2.th.jpg

See what had happened was... Nova had hit Norrin so hard that Norrin actually had to fold a section of time/space around himself to give himself time to heal. It only looked as though he recovered instantly, but inside of his time bubble it was really 2 full weeks...

Branlor Swift
Or Nova's got pillows for hands.

Nova might as well have just started queefing at him for all the good his full power did.

dmills
Or Nova's got pillows for hands.

Nova might as well have just started queefing at him for all the good his full power did.

Iknowrite? If only Nova were as powerful as Ironman he may have actually succeeded in KOing Norrin. Oh well.

Branlor Swift
Iknowrite? If only Nova were as powerful as Ironman he may have actually succeeded in KOing Norrin. Oh well. Iron Man (with Surfer's power) could, and Nova couldn't hurt him in the least with all his.

Good thing they got rid of Nova. Less times I have to see him treated like Michael Vick's pitbulls.

dmills
Iron Man (with Surfer's power) could, and Nova couldn't hurt him in the least with all his.

Good thing they got rid of Nova. Less times I have to see him treated like Michael Vick's pitbulls.

Good. For this thread, that's all he needs anyway. Ironman kamakaze KOing Surfer with his own power.

One down, three to go...

Branlor Swift
Good. For this thread, that's all he needs anyway. Ironman kamakaze KOing Surfer with his own power.

One down, three to go... Surfer doesn't have to worry about Iron Man since Superman will be using Iron Man and War Machine as Hulk hands.

dmills
Surfer doesn't have to worry about Iron Man since Superman will be using Iron Man and War Machine as Hulk hands.

Or maybe Supes is busy fighting off a Klr't bubble in his brain/ Vision phased hand into his lungs combo. (Que abhi)

psycho gundam
dmills, art thou vex?

Branlor Swift
Or maybe Supes is busy fighting off a Klr't bubble in his brain/ Vision phased hand into his lungs combo. (Que abhi) Surfer is too busy punching Skrull's face off, and electromolesting Vision.

Nobody bothers with Nova and he tuckers himself out trying to hurt everyone. The battles stops for a while to admire how cute he looks passed out with his thumb in his mouth.

Nibedicus
Iknowrite? If only Nova were as powerful as Ironman he may have actually succeeded in KOing Norrin. Oh well.

Yeah, looks like Nova Force < Earth Tech, isn't it? wink

Hmmm. Doesn't the Worldmind possess complete knowledge of the Worldmind of the Novaforce? I remember him saying something about how Dick compared to the good ol' Dickless. Can't remember what it wasss. Can some1 pls post it?

shifty

bluewaterrider
Rogue gets punched in the face really hard if she comes near any of the team.

Someone will naturally save Thor, but same thing.

You guys should really drop the pretense of Team 1 being this careful, circumspect group of long-range tacticians. Maybe Silver Surfer normally fights like that, but nobody else does.

Short on time, so, all I'll say for now is that classic Rogue has demonstrated the ability to take blows from some REALLY heavy hitters in the past. Perhaps none more so than the following, delivered by Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers, as Binary. It launched Rogue all the way from Xavier Mansion to ...

Well, you can see in the background where Rogue wound up ...

dmills
dmills, art thou vex?

I'm just having fun ball punching bran a lil bit.

Surfer is too busy punching Skrull's face off, and electromolesting Vision.

Nobody bothers with Nova and he tuckers himself out trying to hurt everyone. The battles stops for a while to admire how cute he looks passed out with his thumb in his mouth.

Surfers no longer a factor. As you stated, he's been knocked out with his own power by Ironman.

Oh I see now, you're confused thinking that Sam Alexander is in this thread lol. In that case I can only hope that happens soon.

dmills
You guys should really drop the pretense of Team 1 being this careful, circumspect group of long-range tacticians. Maybe Silver Surfer normally fights like that, but nobody else does.

Short on time, so, all I'll say for now is that classic Rogue has demonstrated the ability to take blows from some REALLY heavy hitters in the past. Perhaps none more so than the following, delivered by Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers, as Binary. It launched Rogue all the way from Xavier Mansion to ...

Well, you can see in the background where Rogue wound up ...

We're all just phucking around at this point mang. Team one wins. They work, but lets not kid ourselves here. The scans that bran posted earlier of Norrin going haxx on people is very plausible. With 3 members of team Nova rendered obsolete within moments the domino's start to fall into place fairly quickly. Carver should've added some heavier hitters in addition to Nova, Mags and Klr't.

Nibedicus
Supes speedblitzrapes IM and WM right after he pimpslaps Kid Glads for having such a lame copy as a dad. shifty

Branlor Swift
Surfers no longer a factor. As you stated, he's been knocked out with his own power by Ironman.

Oh I see now, you're confused thinking that Sam Alexander is in this thread lol. In that case I can only hope that happens soon. That never happens since Superman has his fist up Iron Man's ass like a glove.

That guy while weak actually managed to tackle the butt out of of Dark Phoenix.
I hope he's not in this thread, he's actually good.

Branlor Swift

Well, you can see in the background where Rogue wound up ... What does punching her in the face have to do with careful.

And Binary got rapeblasted by Gladiator. Don't impress me too much with your amazing showings.

-Pr-
Huh? Superman actually has fought groups at range before.

Branlor Swift
Huh? Superman actually has fought groups at range before.
You're missing the big picture here.

Get this, and you'd better hold on to your ascot... Rogue has taken shots from Binary. BINARY! Can you believe it? Does this not get the blood pumping to your cock?

Superman may or may not have before, but he'd better hope he does here!

dmills

That guy while weak actually managed to tackle the butt out of of Dark Phoenix.
I hope he's not in this thread, he's actually good.

Nice moment for him after apparently being in a coma for the better part of 12 issues.

Ok now you've actually managed to piss me off you naughty lil butt plug you.

Branlor Swift
Nice moment for him after apparently being in a coma for the better part of 12 issues.

Ok now you've actually managed to piss me off you naughty lil butt plug you. From surviving the full Phoenix.

Full Dick got killed by Thanos. Starlord didn't though.

Big headed Loeb Nova > Original in power. Even Loeb can make a better character than Dick, so we'll see a more likable more powerful Nova in the future. I don't see how this doesn't excite you.

dmills
From surviving the full Phoenix.

Full Dick got killed by Thanos. Starlord didn't though.

Big headed Loeb Nova > Original in power. Even Loeb can make a better character than Dick, so we'll see a more likable more powerful Nova in the future. I don't see how this doesn't excite you.

Uh huh...

All bullshit aside, has Rich being killed been confirmed? I know Starlord and Thanos are out, but since the Nova force is apparently back as well I was holding out hope.

And the Sam thing is meh to me. I'll give at least the first arc a shot just to see how they get around the Nova force suddenly being available with no apparently no Rider or Worldmind around. Anything after that depends on Loeb's effort.

carver9
You're missing the big picture here.

Get this, and you'd better hold on to your ascot... Rogue has taken shots from Binary. BINARY! Can you believe it? Does this not get the blood pumping to your cock?

Superman may or may not have before, but he'd better hope he does here!

laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
Uh huh...

All bullshit aside, has Rich being killed been confirmed? I know Starlord and Thanos are out, but since the Nova force is apparently back as well I was holding out hope.

And the Sam thing is meh to me. I'll give at least the first arc a shot just to see how they get around the Nova force suddenly being available with no apparently no Rider or Worldmind around. Anything after that depends on Loeb's effort. As official as anything in comics.

I can't wait to see you try and convince everyone that Sam is awesome and he could punch out Superman.

dmills
As official as anything in comics.

I can't wait to see you try and convince everyone that Sam is awesome and he could punch out Superman.

True.

Well you can wait until your balls turn blue with excitement. That'll never happen.

Branlor Swift
True.

Well you can wait until your balls turn blue with excitement. That'll never happen. It'll start with a

"You know, I kind of like this new Nova a little, and boys"

And then it turns into a full blown

"Sam just straight out asshammers Hulk and Thor at the same time if need be. And I'm introducing John to my parents, hope they like him"

dmills
It'll start with a

"You know, I kind of like this new Nova a little, and boys"

And then it turns into a full blown

"Sam just straight out asshammers Hulk and Thor at the same time if need be. And I'm introducing John to my parents, hope they like him"

More like; "I'm expanding my horizons a little bit and giving ladyboys a good hard look". "Here's one I met named Brana. It just flew in from up North."

Branlor Swift
More like; "I'm expanding my horizons a little bit and giving ladyboys a good hard look". "Here's one I met named Brana. It just flew in from up North." What I gathered from this is that you want me to spread my asscheeks for you.

Another day, another dollar.

dmills
What I gathered from this is that you want me to spread my asscheeks for you.

Another day, another dollar.

Now there's the sweet sight of capitulation.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/3544346_o.gif

Branlor Swift
You snake charmer you

http://www.abload.de/img/0096_tmax.gif

dmills
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/tumblr_lygzgfvrdY1qzmtlc-1.gif

Branlor Swift
http://www.abload.de/img/0436_nwua9.gif

bluewaterrider

Doesn't work like that.

Check the Mephisto versus X-Men series.

When Classic Rogue touched a person long enough to put them under for any length of time, she absorbed, in practical terms, EVERYTHING that made that person ... them. As I described in another thread (think it was the "Who Can Lift Mjolnir" one by carver9), Rogue was actually able to collect the very souls of her teammates, at least what Marvel Comics Mephisto considers the soul of a person. He was able to take the entire X-Men team by simply taking her at that point because she CONTAINED all the rest.

Rogue with Thor's power, at least if she succeeds at a knockout (like she did in her very first appearance, despite the rest of the Avengers trying to prevent her from doing that to him), for however long the effects last, essentially has Thor "in" her.

It's not all that unlike Hulk using Thor's own hand to beat him senseless with Mjolnir
(see that infamous scan that keeps appearing in the "ownage" thread).

http://comicattack.net/2011/06/yosc-mephisto-3/

Nibedicus
Doesn't work like that.

When Classic Rogue touched a person long enough to put them under for any length of time, she absorbed, in practical terms, EVERYTHING that made that person ... them. As I described in another thread (think it was the "Who Can Lift Mjolnir" one by carver9), Rogue was actually able to collect the very souls of her teammates, at least what Marvel Comics Mephisto considers the soul of a person. He was able to take the entire X-Men team by simply taking her at that point because she CONTAINED all the rest.

Rogue with Thor's power, at least if she succeeds at a knockout (like she did in her very first appearance, despite the rest of the Avengers trying to prevent her from doing that to him), for however long the effects last, essentially has Thor "in" her.

It's not all that unlike Hulk using Thor's own hand to beat him senseless with Mjolnir

I'll have to disagree.

"Worthiness" is not Thor's power. It's a limitation given to Mjolnir (not Thor, mind you) by Odin as a means to select proper wielders for the weapon to exclude those found "unworthy" based on their character. Even if Rogue's power steals everything about Thor, she'd still also be Rogue. W/c should make her unworthy.

I'll admit that I never read their first encounter prior to the scan, but since she HAS absorbed Thor before, was she able to use Mjolnir in that instance?

bluewaterrider

I'll admit that I never read their first encounter prior to the scan, but since she HAS absorbed Thor before, was she able to use Mjolnir in that instance?

She didn't try. This was Rogue JUST starting out, and the Avengers more or less blitzed her at that point. Spider-Woman used a venom blast against her that had no effect, but Vision attacked her as well and she knew his density alteration ability would be used. Rogue had the option of absorbing more power from Thor in the hopes of taking the punishment or simply using him as a shield. She chose the latter and was occupied fighting the rest of the Avengers until it was time for her to go.

DarkSaint85
The Amazing Android, when he duplicated Thor's powers, also duplicated his worthiness, right? So I think Rogue could do it.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The Amazing Android, when he duplicated Thor's powers, also duplicated his worthiness, right? So I think Rogue could do it.

When was this? Scans?

Tony Stark
Team Herald

ODG
Doesn't work like that.

http://comicattack.net/2011/06/yosc-mephisto-3/ Interesting thoughts, and kudos for referencing Mephisto Vs. storyline. But a mind-controlled Rogue absorbed a possessed Thor's power in Contest of Champions II and she couldn't lift Mjolnir.

TheGodKiller
Doesn't work like that.

Interestingly enough that happened in a What If, and Rogue became a redhead(with a streak of white) Thor in female form.
I'll have to disagree.

"Worthiness" is not Thor's power. It's a limitation given to Mjolnir (not Thor, mind you) by Odin as a means to select proper wielders for the weapon to exclude those found "unworthy" based on their character. Even if Rogue's power steals everything about Thor, she'd still also be Rogue. W/c should make her unworthy.

Iirc, Awesome Andy was able to lift Mjolnir although it might be that it was a result of him duplicating both the hammer's mystical properties and Thor's character traits since immediately afterwards he helped Thor bag the bad guy(the Mad Thinker) and Thor himself attested to Andy's worthiness after the battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.