Gandalf the White vs. Yoda vs. Dumbledore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
The three most well-known oldies of their respective movie series. All are at their peak of power. Who is the winner in one all-out battle and why?

quanchi112
Dumbledore. Clearly.

NemeBro
There is a movie versus forum.

AuraAngel
Well Yoda could probably react to lasers like the other Jedi. So him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is a movie versus forum. Dumbledore wins no matter which part of the board this goes.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Well Yoda could probably react to lasers like the other Jedi. So him. Blasters=/=Lasers, but Yoda should still win if this is movie only.

quanchi112
Well Yoda could probably react to lasers like the other Jedi. So him. So Dumbledore's attacks are reduced to simply lasers ? Educate yourself.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Blasters=/=Lasers, but Yoda should still win if this is movie only. Based off of what ?

AuraAngel
NO!

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based off of what ? Having the best combat speed, and greatest power output displayed in any of their respective movies. Gandalf might oust him for reactions or physical might, though.

quanchi112
NO! Concession accepted.

quanchi112
Having the best combat speed, and greatest power output displayed in any of their respective movies. Gandalf might oust him for reactions or physical might, though. Dumbledore is by far more powerful than Yoda. The guy was also ko'd by Palpatine and one of the slowest look out you stupid green freak he is going to attack you moments in the history of moviedom.

Dumbledore is on another level and has shown pinpoint accuracy in a room of villains while extremely weakened. Yet you believe Yoda is more powerful. You repel logic at every turn.

AuraAngel
I'm not saying no to you. Lasers are like bullets but faster and shotgun wielding hobos can kill wizards.

I'm saying no to the realization that there is another place for you and Scream to have your ****ing hate orgy that immediately expunges all interest in threads for others.

ScreamPaste
Dumbledore is by far more powerful than Yoda. The guy was also ko'd by Palpatine and one of the slowest look out you stupid green freak he is going to attack you moments in the history of moviedom.

Dumbledore is on another level and has shown pinpoint accuracy in a room of villains while extremely weakened. Yet you believe Yoda is more powerful. You repel logic at every turn. You expect Dumbledore to tag one of the most powerful Jedi ever with a spell? haermm That'll legitimately never happen.

quanchi112
I'm not saying no to you. Lasers are like bullets but faster and shotgun wielding hobos can kill wizards.

I'm saying no to the realization that there is another place for you and Scream to have your ****ing hate orgy that immediately expunges all interest in threads for others. No, they clearly aren't. We see spell bolts go far faster than any slow laser from star wars anyways. That's not the movie versus. JK Rowling can only speak of book versions.

quanchi112
You expect Dumbledore to tag one of the most powerful Jedi ever with a spell? haermm That'll legitimately never happen. How fast was Palpatine's lightning blast ko of Yoda ? Answer me that. Dumbledore is far faster and more dangerous than mere force lightning.

ScreamPaste
How fast was Palpatine's lightning blast ko of Yoda ? Answer me that. Dumbledore is far faster and more dangerous than mere force lightning. You legitimately believe Dumbles can land a slow as shit Potterverse spell on someone who can casually deflect blaster fire?

haermm This thread will be great.

quanchi112
You legitimately believe Dumbles can land a slow as shit Potterverse spell on someone who can casually deflect blaster fire?

haermm This thread will be great. I am not the only one who believes this. But of course you ignore a far slower attack that ko'd Yoda. it was so obvious yet Yoda got ko'd all the same.

AuraAngel
No, they clearly aren't. We see spell bolts go far faster than any slow laser from star wars anyways. That's not the movie versus. JK Rowling can only speak of book versions.

You clearly underestimate the significance of the creator of a fictional universe. J.K Rowling's words take supremacy over what you want and really damn near anything. The only people in this case who might have a claim to a counter argument would be the director/writer of the movies but I don't think they ever claimed it was bullcrap so yeah.

But this is a futile endeavor. This thread will turn into another **** session between you and ScreamPaste with the occasional member sticking their head in to lol at the proceedings, give their two cents, and then leave. Its fate has been sealed.

ScreamPaste
I am not the only one who believes this. But of course you ignore a far slower attack that ko'd Yoda. it was so obvious yet Yoda got ko'd all the same. Get someone else to claim it.

Bentley
Dumbledore is more powerful than Yoda, he can teleport, reanimate stone and pull out lots of crap with his magic skills. However, Yoda has precog and better reflexes so he'd know that he has to play the offensive against a superior opponent like Dumble.

quanchi112
You clearly underestimate the significance of the creator of a fictional universe. J.K Rowling's words take supremacy over what you want and really damn near anything. The only people in this case who might have a claim to a counter argument would be the director/writer of the movies but I don't think they ever claimed it was bullcrap so yeah.

But this is a futile endeavor. This thread will turn into another **** session between you and ScreamPaste with the occasional member sticking their head in to lol at the proceedings, give their two cents, and then leave. Its fate has been sealed. It's based off of her characters. There are differences so her quotes only pertain to her book characters. She didn't direct the movies so again this is movie versions. LOL.

quanchi112
Get someone else to claim it. I don't go around worshiping other posters and having them fight my battles. That is your territory.

Again how slow was Palpatine's hand raise/lightning attack ?

ScreamPaste
I don't go around worshiping other posters and having them fight my battles. That is your territory.

Again how slow was Palpatine's hand raise/lightning attack ? Lightning is by definition faster than a HPverse spell, boyo.

quanchi112
Lightning is by definition faster than a HPverse spell, boyo. I am not talking about the lightning I am talking about him slowly raising his hand. All Yoda had to do was catch it with his hands or draw his saber. The guy stood there and was ko'd. That's also far slower than real life lightning. I mean wtf. Kids say the darndest things. You are my sub.

ScreamPaste
I am not talking about the lightning I am talking about him slowly raising his hand. All Yoda had to do was catch it with his hands or draw his saber. The guy stood there and was ko'd. That's also far slower than real life lightning. I mean wtf. Kids say the darndest things. You are my sub. LOL. That's not how it works, boyo. You don't have the chops to dom a vanilla sub with a tickle fetish.

Irrelevant, because Dumbles can't replicate it.

quanchi112
LOL. That's not how it works, boyo. You don't have the chops to dom a vanilla sub with a tickle fetish.

Irrelevant, because Dumbles can't replicate it. I simply put you in a cage and point at you. Dumbledore's actions are far faster and more powerful than force lightning.

ScreamPaste
I simply put you in a cage and point at you. Dumbledore's actions are far faster and more powerful than force lightning. Shame his spells move slow as shit and will never land and he's physically an old man who will die from a single force push or lightsaber related limb removal.

quanchi112
Shame his spells move slow as shit and will never land and he's physically an old man who will die from a single force push or lightsaber related limb removal. His spells are far faster than slowly raising his hand and then force lightning. Have you ever seen the films ? Pm me the answer.

Yoda was ko'd due to being stupid and weak.

ScreamPaste
Yes, I've seen the effing films. Potterspells are subsonic.

quanchi112
Yes, I've seen the effing films. Potterspells are subsonic. Dumbledore can set a room on fire minus a wand. His fire spell in half blood prince kills Yoda.

BloodRain
Theres a supersonic HP claim? O.o

I'm voting for Gandalf cause he's feeling left out.

ArtificialGlory
Get someone else to claim it.

While I won't claim that Dumbledore would be able to land a spell on Yoda(at least not one that has a clear projectile), but Blasters are horrible weapons whose shots move far more slowly than a real laser would. I'd use a 9mm or a 10mm any day over a blaster, at least against another human being.

BloodRain
Though still faster and more rapid shots than HP spells, and usually from several people firing.

quanchi112
Paste has conceded this thread to me.

ScreamPaste
Paste has conceded this thread to me. Quan's making irrelevant posts ftw. Originally posted by BloodRain
Though still faster and more rapid shots than HP spells, and usually from several people firing.

quanchi112
Quan's making irrelevant posts ftw. He's clearly wrong. But like I said Dumbledore has greater accuracy and more powerful attacks than a mere blast from a weak laser rifle from star wars anyways. Comparing Dumbledore to a random fool with a gun is lol indeed.

ScreamPaste
He's clearly wrong. But like I said Dumbledore has greater accuracy and more powerful attacks than a mere blast from a weak laser rifle from star wars anyways. Comparing Dumbledore to a random fool with a gun is lol indeed.
Weird how the accuracy of the guy whose bullet is being deflected matters at all to you. Dumbles shots are slower and will be even more easily avoided.

quanchi112
Weird how the accuracy of the guy whose bullet is being deflected matters at all to you. Dumbles shots are slower and will be even more easily avoided. No, they aren't. They are also more powerful and he's more accurate than the weakling soldiers who the jedi go through. Palpatine easily ko'd him and the attack was very slow.

ScreamPaste
No, they aren't. They are also more powerful and he's more accurate than the weakling soldiers who the jedi go through. Palpatine easily ko'd him and the attack was very slow.
Yoda can deflect blast bolts in the air effortlessly, they are faster than Dumbles' spells and the accuracy of the firer doesn't matter when it's being actively deflected.

quanchi112
Yoda can deflect blast bolts in the air effortlessly, they are faster than Dumbles' spells and the accuracy of the firer doesn't matter when it's being actively deflected. Yes, against random scrubs of course he can. But against a highly skilled opponent he stood by and watched a slow hand raise projectile attack simply ko him. Game. Set. Match.

BloodRain
Its not about their rank. Deflecting several rapid shot blasters is more impressive than a single shot HP spell.

Paste has conceded this thread to me.
Don't start trolling Quan..

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
Its not about their rank. Deflecting several rapid shot blasters is more impressive than a single shot HP spell.

Don't start trolling Quan.. No, it isn't considering their skill level. They are grunts. We see Dumbledore show the skill while vastly weakened to take out beings underwater going after Harry without hitting Harry. In terms of skill it isn't even close. When Yoda went up against a highly skilled opponent he was ko'd.

Lighter332
i dunno

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lighter332
i dunno I do.

ScreamPaste
Skill level has nothing to do with the speed of the blaster shot.

quanchi112
Skill level has nothing to do with the speed of the blaster shot. We see a far slower movement from a skilled opponent down him. Yoda was ko'd. End of story. Yoda beats on grunts but gets ko'd when he runs into someone of a higher skill level.

ScreamPaste
Lowballing.
Lightning.
Skill has nothing to do with the speed of a projectile.
Faster than Potter spells.

quanchi112
Lowballing.
Lightning.
Skill has nothing to do with the speed of a projectile.
Faster than Potter spells. That lightning isn't as fast as regular lightning. The slow hand raise is what really hurts Yoda's case. Anyone could see he was going to attack him except for Yoda.

Dumbledore wrecks him.

ScreamPaste
Even if that is so it's still faster than potter spells.
Trying to discredit Yoda as slower than human? lol.

Dumbles can't land a spell on him.

quanchi112
Even if that is so it's still faster than potter spells.
Trying to discredit Yoda as slower than human? lol.

Dumbles can't land a spell on him. In the time it took him to raise his hand and fire the attack it's far slower than a Dumbledore spell. If a slow hand raise can ko a completely stupid Yoda then you bet your ass Dumbledore destroys him.

ScreamPaste
Dumbles spells move to slowly to tag someone who can casually deflect blaster fire. It is that simple.

quanchi112
Dumbles spells move to slowly to tag someone who can casually deflect blaster fire. It is that simple. He tags blaster fire because they are grunts and not highly skilled. Palptine easily ko'd him with a very slow hand movement. Dumbledore wipes his ass with the little green stuffed animal.

ScreamPaste
Being skilled does not make their blast bolts move any faster, that's an irrelevant claim.

quanchi112
Being skilled does not make their blast bolts move any faster, that's an irrelevant claim. Being skilled means they are formidable enough to best someone on that level. The grunts Yoda beats aren't impressive nor was the ko he received at the hands of Palpatine.

ScreamPaste
It's irrelevant to Yoda being too fast for Dumbles.

quanchi112
It's irrelevant to Yoda being too fast for Dumbles. He wasn't too fast for Palpatine or Dooku for that matter. Facts. Dumbledore easily kos him.

ScreamPaste
He wasn't too fast for Palpatine or Dooku for that matter. Facts. Dumbledore easily kos him. Dumbledore cannot hit him with a spell. Prove Potter spells move faster than blast bolts or gtfo.

quanchi112
Dumbledore cannot hit him with a spell. Prove Potter spells move faster than blast bolts or gtfo. They are faster than a slow hand raise lightning attack. You admitted as much. Dumbledore wins.

ScreamPaste
They are faster than a slow hand raise lightning attack. You admitted as much. Dumbledore wins.
Prove they're faster than a blast bolt, which Yoda can deflect effortlessly.

BloodRain
No, it isn't considering their skill level. They are grunts. We see Dumbledore show the skill while vastly weakened to take out beings underwater going after Harry without hitting Harry. In terms of skill it isn't even close. When Yoda went up against a highly skilled opponent he was ko'd.
Not talking about skill of Dumbledore vs the grunts, talking about the shots.

quanchi112
Not talking about skill of Dumbledore vs the grunts, talking about the shots. He was incredibly weakened and it still shows his accuracy. If you want to see razor sharp reflexes and skill see the Voldemort/Dumbledore fight.

quanchi112
Prove they're faster than a blast bolt, which Yoda can deflect effortlessly. They are faster than a slow arm raise lightning blast which ko'd Yoda.

ScreamPaste
Accuracy doesn't determine the speed of the shot. Potter spells are still subsonic.

quanchi112
Accuracy doesn't determine the speed of the shot. Potter spells are still subsonic. Time from the moment Palpatine raised his hand until the time the lightning ko'd him. Dumbledore wrecks him.

ScreamPaste
Time from the moment Palpatine raised his hand until the time the lightning ko'd him. Dumbledore wrecks him. Irrelevant in the face of casual blaster deflection.

quanchi112
Irrelevant in the face of casual blaster deflection. That isn't irrelevant. Yoda easily dispatches of the grunts whereas skilled opponents he does not. Dooku and Palpatine are prime examples. The bad thing to is he was even ko'd against a very slow attack from Palpatine.

ScreamPaste
Dooku and Palpatine are powerful force users. Dumbles is not. This is an irrelevant tangent.

BloodRain
He was incredibly weakened and it still shows his accuracy. If you want to see razor sharp reflexes and skill see the Voldemort/Dumbledore fight.
..whose accuracy are you talking about? I only mentioned the speed and rapidity of HP spells, which are slow. And what 'sharp reflexes'?;
UunqBAHBDo8
0:33 push Harry, beam clash.
0:59 fire spell, he counters it 12 seconds later.
1:34 spell shot at him, blocks it a second later.
1:52 glass spell, he reacts 8 seconds later.

No notable reactions at all.

And saying Yoda doesn't have great reactions against skilled foes by using a single instance with Palpatine's is flawed, especially as he easily blocks Force lightning shot from Dooku. He even catches the Force lighting shot by Palpy during their battle. If anything he was just caught off guard.

quanchi112
Dooku and Palpatine are powerful force users. Dumbles is not. This is an irrelevant tangent. Dumbledore is a lot more powerful character than either Dooku or Palpatine. The point is using grunts as your only form of evidence is all too telling here.

ScreamPaste
Dumbledore is a lot more powerful character than either Dooku or Palpatine. The point is using grunts as your only form of evidence is all too telling here. Grunts with blasters that move faster than Dumbledore's spells.

quanchi112
..whose accuracy are you talking about? I only mentioned the speed and rapidity of HP spells, which are slow. And what 'sharp reflexes'?;
UunqBAHBDo8
0:33 push Harry, beam clash.
0:59 fire spell, he counters it 12 seconds later.
1:34 spell shot at him, blocks it a second later.
1:52 glass spell, he reacts 8 seconds later.

No notable reactions at all.So even by your own numbers they are far greater around 2-3 times faster than here.

Now you will experience the full power of the dark side. This is stated by Palpatine right before his first attack. I mean Palpatine even warns him and 1 second is far faster than 2-3 seconds that ko'd Yoda here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUlqDMcS_RE

Dumbledore counters it in close proximity to use the fire to send after Voldemort. Dumbledore isn't caught off guard or ko'd by a 2-3 second attack.

3.34 into the video we see Yoda finally get to the same pod with his saber drawn and a one second lightning blast disarms Yoda. Looks like Dumbledore looks vastly superior if we time these attacks.
I am saying a 2-3 second attack ko'd him and in the other two instances very slow Dooku tk attacksk while Yoda just stood by are other examples of him not reacting immediately either. Do I need to go find the Dooku video and time Dooku's tk giant object attacks. You seem so enthralled with this sort of thing. It's a game one can easily play. The pods Palpatine throws a far greater distance than Voldemort and Dumbledore were fighting at were almost hitting Yoda left and right while taking multiple seconds at times to pull off. This is a dangerous game you have started. Are you prepared to see this through ?

quanchi112
Grunts with blasters that move faster than Dumbledore's spells. Grunts attacks also move faster than 2-3 seconds that it took Palpatine to ko him. We also later see Yoda disarmed with his saber drawn out when he meets palpatine on equal ground.

Horrible debating when your only points are against the scrubs of your series.

ScreamPaste
And so you expose the hole in your own argument.

quanchi112
And so you expose the hole in your own argument. Lesser skilled opponents go down to Yoda. Someone with greater skill presents a far bigger problem for Yoda and can even ko Yoda despite having slower attacks. That's the point you keep running all over to avoid.

BloodRain
So even by your own numbers they are far greater around 2-3 times faster than here.

Now you will experience the full power of the dark side. This is stated by Palpatine right before his first attack. I mean Palpatine even warns him and 1 second is far faster than 2-3 seconds that ko'd Yoda here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUlqDMcS_RE

Dumbledore counters it in close proximity to use the fire to send after Voldemort. Dumbledore isn't caught off guard or ko'd by a 2-3 second attack.

3.34 into the video we see Yoda finally get to the same pod with his saber drawn and a one second lightning blast disarms Yoda. Looks like Dumbledore looks vastly superior if we time these attacks.
I am saying a 2-3 second attack ko'd him and in the other two instances very slow Dooku tk attacksk while Yoda just stood by are other examples of him not reacting immediately either. Do I need to go find the Dooku video and time Dooku's tk giant object attacks. You seem so enthralled with this sort of thing. It's a game one can easily play. The pods Palpatine throws a far greater distance than Voldemort and Dumbledore were fighting at were almost hitting Yoda left and right while taking multiple seconds at times to pull off.

iJ_eu5BxAsU
0:50 seconds.

Even as you've just stated, after he was disarmed he instantly blocked Force lightning shot at point blank. You've only used two instances where Yoda was caught off-guard, something I can confidently say as in that Dooku vid while he was in 'combat mode' he blocked the Force lightning when Dooku was making the same actions as Palpy.

Just look at his fight scenes. No human has the reactions to fight at that speed. Then we look at Dumbledoor whose best reaction feat takes a whole second to do.

That was oddly melodramatic O.o

quanchi112
iJ_eu5BxAsU
0:50 seconds.

Even as you've just stated, after he was disarmed he instantly blocked Force lightning shot at point blank. You've only used two instances where Yoda was caught off-guard, something I can confidently say as in that Dooku vid while he was in 'combat mode' he blocked the Force lightning when Dooku was making the same actions as Palpy.

Just look at his fight scenes. No human has the reactions to fight at that speed. Then we look at Dumbledoor whose best reaction feat takes a whole second to do.

That was oddly melodramatic O.o In the beginning of the video we see Yoda counter Dooku's tking structures off and at him. All of which takes about two seconds or so. If we break down these fights and tally how long each action/reaction takes it doesn't look so hot for Yoda either. Yoda is supposed to be this precog totin speedster to boot.

30-34 seconds in as Dooku destroys the ceiling atop Yoda we see Yoda barely stop it right above his head against a 4 second attack. Not very impressive but then again you started this let's time everything out sort of debate.

Yoda is a little further back and does block Dooku's bolts which are far less powerful than Palpatine's; obviously. The funny thing is Palpatine with this force lightning has never shown anything impressive power wise to begin with.

2.08 in with Yoda's saber touching dooku's he starts like a 15 second process which was designed to injure/kill Yoda's friends. We see Yoda take that long to react and stop it while Dooku runs safely away.

ScreamPaste
Congrats, you've stated the obvious. This does not make Dumbledore's attacks any faster. You're trying to use one low showing to discredit Yoda, and that low showing involves lightning. haermm

quanchi112
Congrats, you've stated the obvious. This does not make Dumbledore's attacks any faster. You're trying to use one low showing to discredit Yoda, and that low showing involves lightning. haermm There are many instances of slower acts taking up Yoda's time and concentration than just the Palpatine fight. The Dooku fight is far worse of an example. Dumbledore's attacks are 2-3 times faster by bloodrain's own calculations than are necessary to ko Yoda. Game. Set. Match.

ScreamPaste
There are many instances of slower acts taking up Yoda's time and concentration than just the Palpatine fight. The Dooku fight is far worse of an example. Dumbledore's attacks are 2-3 times faster by bloodrain's own calculations than are necessary to ko Yoda. Game. Set. Match. Except that Dumbles is neither a force user or possessing attacks faster than a blast bolt, you're essentially ignoring Yoda's capabilities and picking out whatever scenes fit your bias by taking them out of the context of the series.

So, in short, no. Lol. You have done nothing to prove Dumbledore could land a hit on Yoda. That is what you have to do, simply attempting to discredit Yoda doesn't cut it.

BloodRain
In the beginning of the video we see Yoda counter Dooku's tking structures off and at him. All of which takes about two seconds or so. If we break down these fights and tally how long each action/reaction takes it doesn't look so hot for Yoda either. Yoda is supposed to be this precog totin speedster to boot.

30-34 seconds in as Dooku destroys the ceiling atop Yoda we see Yoda barely stop it right above his head against a 4 second attack. Not very impressive but then again you started this let's time everything out sort of debate.

Yoda is a little further back and does block Dooku's bolts which are far less powerful than Palpatine's; obviously. The funny thing is Palpatine with this force lightning has never shown anything impressive power wise to begin with.

2.08 in with Yoda's saber touching dooku's he starts like a 15 second process which was designed to injure/kill Yoda's friends. We see Yoda take that long to react and stop it while Dooku runs safely away.

Its power =/= the others speed. And I don't think youve got the hand on timing yet, cause everything was countered O.o

If this was in response to me listing the times of Dumbledoor, that was to list all the reactions from that scene to find the best one, 1 second. Just like how him taking 12 seconds to react to the glass means nothing here,

Slower reaction feats only matter if a character fails to react to something. In this case Yoda has proven to be able to counter Force lightning.

quanchi112
Except that Dumbles is neither a force user or possessing attacks faster than a blast bolt, you're essentially ignoring Yoda's capabilities and picking out whatever scenes fit your bias by taking them out of the context of the series.

So, in short, no. Lol. You have done nothing to prove Dumbledore could land a hit on Yoda. That is what you have to do, simply attempting to discredit Yoda doesn't cut it. This is why you are a shitty debater. you simply repeat yourself over and over. You can look at both fights against highly skilled opponents and we see drawn out long ebbs of time where Yoda sits back and watches Dooku do something while just standing idly by. A force user has nothing to do with a block of time. Dumbledore's attacks/reactions happened far faster than Yoda's. It's like saying the Flash can't hit Yoda because he isn't a force user. It makes no sense.

Yoda can easily kill a grunt with a laser gun. We see Yoda fail to take out someone with far slower attacks than a grunt with a laser gun due to their high skill level.

15 seconds is a long time when all Yoda had to do was stab Dooku with his saber while he focused on the large objects designed to kill Yoda's allies.

quanchi112
Its power =/= the others speed. And I don't think youve got the hand on timing yet, cause everything was countered O.o

If this was in response to me listing the times of Dumbledoor, that was to list all the reactions from that scene to find the best one, 1 second. Just like how him taking 12 seconds to react to the glass means nothing here,

Slower reaction feats only matter if a character fails to react to something. In this case Yoda has proven to be able to counter Force lightning. Everything was countered in the Voldemort/Dumbledore fight as well. You were spitting out the timing of the attacks but when I did the same thing you want to ignore this because it makes Yoda look far worse. You started this game and now you don't want to play. The best part is whoever I got into this battlezone will be caught with their pants down because if you think my responses will lack evidence you are all sadly mistaken.

In the Dooku 15 second tk tactic all Yoda had to do was stab him. They were almost right on top of each other. Yoda just stood by and waited to react about 15 seconds. This was shameful. 15 seconds. Draw his sword back and kill him. That's how easy it could have been but his slow reactions allowed dooku to escape.

Yoda can counter weaker force lightning not Palpatine's. Even when he tried to block Palpatine's after he disarmed him the blast sent them both back. Yoda got shafted off the pod as well.

Iirc the only time force lightning was used against Yoda with his saber it disarmed him. You don't have one single example of Yoda blocking force lightning with his saber only with his hands and in that event it depends on the power of the attack what happens next.

BloodRain
Everything was countered in the Voldemort/Dumbledore fight as well. You were spitting out the timing of the attacks but when I did the same thing you want to ignore this because it makes Yoda look far worse. You started this game and now you don't want to play. The best part is whoever I got into this battlezone will be caught with their pants down because if you think my responses will lack evidence you are all sadly mistaken.

In the Dooku 15 second tk tactic all Yoda had to do was stab him. They were almost right on top of each other. Yoda just stood by and waited to react about 15 seconds. This was shameful. 15 seconds. Draw his sword back and kill him. That's how easy it could have been but his slow reactions allowed dooku to escape.

Yoda can counter weaker force lightning not Palpatine's. Even when he tried to block Palpatine's after he disarmed him the blast sent them both back. Yoda got shafted off the pod as well.

Iirc the only time force lightning was used against Yoda with his saber it disarmed him. You don't have one single example of Yoda blocking force lightning with his saber only with his hands and in that event it depends on the power of the attack what happens next.

..Okay, I'll spell it out for you; I listed the times in that fight because /you/ stated that there were impressive reaction times in that scene, so I delighted every possible one you could have been talking about and kept the fastest.

On the other hand you've taken the slowest reaction time you could find and are sticking to it as a fac. You're doing the exact opposite to what I did erm If you're gonna time at least do it right.

"Yoda cannot counter Palpys lightning" "Yoda blocked Palpys lightning and were both thrown back", so he did block it as we saw, like you admitted.

The only thing you have against Yoda is two off-guard moments, thats all. And are somehow only comparing moments like this to Dubledoor's human reactions. Human.

quanchi112
..Okay, I'll spell it out for you; I listed the times in that fight because /you/ stated that there were impressive reaction times in that scene, so I delighted every possible one you could have been talking about and kept the fastest.

On the other hand you've taken the slowest reaction time you could find and are sticking to it as a fac. You're doing the exact opposite to what I did erm If you're gonna time at least do it right.

"Yoda cannot counter Palpys lightning" "Yoda blocked Palpys lightning and were both thrown back", so he did block it as we saw, like you admitted.

The only thing you have against Yoda is two off-guard moments, thats all. And are somehow only comparing moments like this to Dubledoor's human reactions. Human. You brought them up but Dumbledore countered them all unlike Yoda. Yoda's longest reaction times seemed worse than dumbledore but it doesn't matter as Dumbledore wasn't ko'd.

You brought up 12 second reaction times and when I eclipse it you try to distance yourself. I've seen this sort of hypocritical tactic before. Don't break down numbers in these scenes if you can't deal with me doing the same to Yoda.

Yoda also felt the effect unlike against Dooku. That's a major difference due to Palpatine being more powerful. Both were struck by it at the end. In the Dooku instance Yoda easily blocked it.

Precog. Palpatine also tells him he's going to lay into him and yet you still pretend this doesn't count. The attack took longer than Yoda's precog, common sense, and his hand block could account for. deal with it. He was hit by something a human could have blocked. A human.

Also there is no proof Yoda can block this with his saber. Dumbledore disarms him right out of the gate. Dumbledore is also more powerful than Palpatine proving Yoda can't redirect the force.

ScreamPaste
Dumbles is not more powerful than Palpatine, nor can he disarm Yoda because he can't land an expeliarmus on the little green guy. Yoda doesn't even need to deflect the spells, just avoid them, which he is easily capable of doing.

BloodRain
You brought them up but Dumbledore countered them all unlike Yoda. Yoda's longest reaction times seemed worse than dumbledore but it doesn't matter as Dumbledore wasn't ko'd.

You brought up 12 second reaction times and when I eclipse it you try to distance yourself. I've seen this sort of hypocritical tactic before. Don't break down numbers in these scenes if you can't deal with me doing the same to Yoda.

Yoda also felt the effect unlike against Dooku. That's a major difference due to Palpatine being more powerful. Both were struck by it at the end. In the Dooku instance Yoda easily blocked it.

Precog. Palpatine also tells him he's going to lay into him and yet you still pretend this doesn't count. The attack took longer than Yoda's precog, common sense, and his hand block could account for. deal with it. He was hit by something a human could have blocked. A human.

Also there is no proof Yoda can block this with his saber. Dumbledore disarms him right out of the gate. Dumbledore is also more powerful than Palpatine proving Yoda can't redirect the force.

Okay, once again you're failing to grasp how things are done. "Then we look at Dumbledoor whose best reaction feat takes a whole second to do." My second post on the matter.
Like Ive said.. several times now.. I was listing every single reaction part from the vid because you said there was impressive feats, I listed them all out for you. Then I stated Im only using his fastest one, not the 12 second glass scene. Either youre being ignorant or just don't get how reaction feats work.

Yoda's been blocked both Force lightnings.. that fact does not change. Saying he's unable to or that its not to do with being blah mindset blah, doesnt change the fact that Yoda has done so against both of them.

Pwned
Quan, you can see Yoda forced Palpatine back during the lightning absorption part. Its when he pushes back that it explodes.

BloodRain
Simple tactic; Yoda uses the Force and flicks Dumbledore's wand from his hand. Not much he can do without it.

ScreamPaste
Simple tactic; Yoda uses the Force and flicks Dumbledore's wand from his hand. Not much he can do without it. In character for him, too.

Which makes this thread now about Yoda and Gandalf. I like Gandalf more but I don't think Glamdring can compete with a lightsaber. mmm

BloodRain
Mind sharing some feats of Gandelf? Can only recall small things from the movie and.. well, you seem like the type thats read and watched the LotR series a dozen times now :T

quanchi112
Dumbles is not more powerful than Palpatine, nor can he disarm Yoda because he can't land an expeliarmus on the little green guy. Yoda doesn't even need to deflect the spells, just avoid them, which he is easily capable of doing. Yes, he most certainly is. It's absurd to say otherwise. I mean Luke Skywalker survived a very long torture session which lead into an I am going to kill you now with my force lightning. Luke has no sustaining injuries and walked away as if it was a headache then just went away. What jedi did Yoda disarm with his tk in the movies ? Dumbledore also has tk you ignoramus.

quanchi112
Okay, once again you're failing to grasp how things are done. "Then we look at Dumbledoor whose best reaction feat takes a whole second to do." My second post on the matter.
Like Ive said.. several times now.. I was listing every single reaction part from the vid because you said there was impressive feats, I listed them all out for you. Then I stated Im only using his fastest one, not the 12 second glass scene. Either youre being ignorant or just don't get how reaction feats work.

Yoda's been blocked both Force lightnings.. that fact does not change. Saying he's unable to or that its not to do with being blah mindset blah, doesnt change the fact that Yoda has done so against both of them. You didn't just cite the best one you listed them all. I listed a 15 second reaction in which all Yoda had to do was pull his sword away and stab his opponent who was using all his concentration elsewhere.

Yoda blocked the first one yes with his hands not his saber. The second blast disarmed him and he was also hit by the residual blast as was Palpatine. Yoda went off the pod. Palpatine got the better of him and was laughing his ass off at the failure that was Yoda. All Yoda does is fail.

A more powerful force lightning blast Yoda can't simply redirect like he did against Dooku.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Pwned
Quan, you can see Yoda forced Palpatine back during the lightning absorption part. Its when he pushes back that it explodes. Yes, and the residual energy hits them both. Yoda lost because of this. He hit the deck and left wit his tail in between his legs failing once again.

ScreamPaste
Yes, he most certainly is. It's absurd to say otherwise. I mean Luke Skywalker survived a very long torture session which lead into an I am going to kill you now with my force lightning. Luke has no sustaining injuries and walked away as if it was a headache then just went away. What jedi did Yoda disarm with his tk in the movies ? Dumbledore also has tk you ignoramus. What's he gonna do, "Accio Yoda!"? Bring the little green guy with a lightsaber within easy killing range? haermm Not that he can keep him out of it. no expression

ScreamPaste
Mind sharing some feats of Gandelf? Can only recall small things from the movie and.. well, you seem like the type thats read and watched the LotR series a dozen times now :T I honestly hadn't read the books or watched the movies in years, but in the books he damages a mountain side, and he's capable of physically fighting with a Balrog and stuff, pretty strong, ect. Not sure on combat speed. This being movie Gandalf things are less clear. He can pretty easily disarm his enemies, though.

BloodRain
Hmph, some nerd you are.

Out of the two from what I remember from the films, I'd obviously have to give Yoda the win over Gandalf for his speed, TK and Lightsaber.

You didn't just cite the best one you listed them all. I listed a 15 second reaction in which all Yoda had to do was pull his sword away and stab his opponent who was using all his concentration elsewhere.

Yoda blocked the first one yes with his hands not his saber. The second blast disarmed him and he was also hit by the residual blast as was Palpatine. Yoda went off the pod. Palpatine got the better of him and was laughing his ass off at the failure that was Yoda. All Yoda does is fail.

A more powerful force lightning blast Yoda can't simply redirect like he did against Dooku.

You didn't give me a specific feat so I listed each one to see which was impressive, which I found. But its still only human reaction speed (0.2s).

Yeah, with his TK he blocked the lightning on three occasions. That proves that he has the reactions to do so. Meaning he could do so to the spells too.
And as that 'cant react to skilled opponents' nothing is done, that still leaves Yoda with blaster deflection which puts his reactions above any humans, as no man could use a sword to deflect rapid shot anythings fired from several locations.

Stop getting to a personal level for characters you debate against.

quanchi112
What's he gonna do, "Accio Yoda!"? Bring the little green guy with a lightsaber within easy killing range? haermm Not that he can keep him out of it. no expression He can shoot a fireball up his ass. He can also use his own tk to knock Yoda down. Shouldn't take much force considering Yoda is a stuffed animal. One blast from his wand disarms Yoda.

ScreamPaste
Good thing Yoda's powers don't rely on his lightsaber, unlike Dumbledore's wand. Yoda can actually take away all of Dumble's power with a simple forcepush. haermm

quanchi112
Hmph, some nerd you are.

Out of the two from what I remember from the films, I'd obviously have to give Yoda the win over Gandalf for his speed, TK and Lightsaber.

You didn't give me a specific feat so I listed each one to see which was impressive, which I found. But its still only human reaction speed (0.2s).

Yeah, with his TK he blocked the lightning on three occasions. That proves that he has the reactions to do so. Meaning he could do so to the spells too.
And as that 'cant react to skilled opponents' nothing is done, that still leaves Yoda with blaster deflection which puts his reactions above any humans, as no man could use a sword to deflect rapid shot anythings fired from several locations.

Stop getting to a personal level for characters you debate against. Well it's still faster than the attack which ko'd Yoda so I win any way you look at it. You wanting to ignore defeats or when he didn't block something is all too telling. You wanting to ignore the time it took for him to react was indeed human level.

Yoda only blocked the lightning with his hands. He was disarmed when he tried blocking it with the saber so that isn't an option. Dumbledore disarms him right out of the gate. We also see the severity or the force of the attack matters since Yoda couldn't simply redirect the power. He was also hit by as was Palpatine. Yoda was on the worse end of the stick since he fell off the pod.

Again back to the grunt debating. It's pathetic. No, really it is. I have already proven my case hands down.

Dumbledore beats them both.

ScreamPaste
You haven't proven anything other than that you're biased enough to ignore the capabilities of any character who isn't your favourite.

quanchi112
You haven't proven anything other than that you're biased enough to ignore the capabilities of any character who isn't your favourite. What am I ignoring ? i cited examples/facts. The fanboys want to ignore this and say grunt blasts. laughing out loud

ScreamPaste
What am I ignoring ? i cited examples/facts. The fanboys want to ignore this and say grunt blasts. laughing out loud Yoda can casually deflect and avoid attacks much faster than any of Dumbledore's ergo, Dumbledore will not hit him. This is simple.

quanchi112
Yoda can casually deflect and avoid attacks much faster than any of Dumbledore's ergo, Dumbledore will not hit him. This is simple. 2-3 second attack ko'd Yoda. Dumbledore is 3 times faster than this. Yoda gets disarmed when a blast of continuous energy hits his saber. laughing out loud Facts. Kiddo.

ScreamPaste
2-3 second attack ko'd Yoda. Dumbledore is 3 times faster than this. Yoda gets disarmed when a blast of continuous energy hits his saber. laughing out loud Facts. Kiddo. Shame Dumble's spells are all slower than blast bolts so he literally will never connect, and even if he does, disarming Yoda achieves nothing, whereas disarming Dumbles takes away all of his power.

quanchi112
Shame Dumble's spells are all slower than blast bolts so he literally will never connect, and even if he does, disarming Yoda achieves nothing, whereas disarming Dumbles takes away all of his power. They are far faster than Palpatine's attack. Yoda loses his saber immediately too. Dumbledore can set the room on fire without a wand. watch the movies. Your ignorance makes me sick. Hell, even harry can use magic minus a wand.

ScreamPaste
They are not faster than blast bolts which Yoda casually avoids. Herp. Derp.

No wand no spells. It's simple. And the fact that it's the Elder Wand makes taking it from Dumbles all the more crippling.

BloodRain
Well there are wandless spells but they are stated to be weaker and less focused than with a wand.

The only things Ive seen Dumbledoor cast without a wand is the teleportation, reducing Harry's falling speed and a TK far below Jedi levels.

There aren't that many spells shown without a want, and none of them are more powerful than a minor force push. Wizards are highly crippled without a wand to use the vast majority of spells, or any to a useful degree.

Well it's still faster than the attack which ko'd Yoda so I win any way you look at it. You wanting to ignore defeats or when he didn't block something is all too telling. You wanting to ignore the time it took for him to react was indeed human level.

Yoda only blocked the lightning with his hands. He was disarmed when he tried blocking it with the saber so that isn't an option. Dumbledore disarms him right out of the gate. We also see the severity or the force of the attack matters since Yoda couldn't simply redirect the power. He was also hit by as was Palpatine. Yoda was on the worse end of the stick since he fell off the pod.

Again back to the grunt debating. It's pathetic. No, really it is. I have already proven my case hands down.

Dumbledore beats them both.

"Yoda only blocked the lightning with his hands." I don't know why Im arguing this when you admit it yourself.. Yoda is proven to be able to block it = Yoda has the reactions to block it = the off-guard times he hasnt points to CIS. You admit he can block the lightning, so he has the reactions.

Its not 'back to'. The only reason I left that is because you wanted to cite an off-guard moment, one which Yoda has proven to be able to react again.

Problem is that nothing discredits the speed Jedi's have to deflect several blasters shooting at them.

quanchi112
They are not faster than blast bolts which Yoda casually avoids. Herp. Derp.

No wand no spells. It's simple. And the fact that it's the Elder Wand makes taking it from Dumbles all the more crippling. Why ? Dumbledore can create fire in a room with ease. Is Yoda fireproof ? he also casted a spell without his wand. Did you watch the movies ? You are hands down one of the most ignorant posters I have ever come across. watch the movies, kid.

quanchi112

"Yoda only blocked the lightning with his hands." I don't know why Im arguing this when you admit it yourself.. Yoda is proven to be able to block it = Yoda has the reactions to block it = the off-guard times he hasnt points to CIS. You admit he can block the lightning, so he has the reactions.

Its not 'back to'. The only reason I left that is because you wanted to cite an off-guard moment, one which Yoda has proven to be able to react again.

Problem is that nothing discredits the speed Jedi's have to deflect several blasters shooting at them. Yoda can't just simply block the more powerful lightning. If he could have he wouldn't have went flying over the senate pod. watch the scene. He can only block weaker attacks not Palpatine's lightning without any drawback.

Yoda loses his saber and can't block any continuous stream of energy with his saber. Dumbledore's magic is also far more powerful than Palpatine's force lightning.

Those opponents aren't skilled. Yoda struggles against skilled opponents and can't block the beam of energy with his saber anyway. So who cares if he can block a blast blast. He isn't blocking anything with his saber.

ScreamPaste
Why ? Dumbledore can create fire in a room with ease. Is Yoda fireproof ? he also casted a spell without his wand. Did you watch the movies ? You are hands down one of the most ignorant posters I have ever come across. watch the movies, kid. Someone's assmad. Disarming Yoda is 1. Impossible without hitting him 2. Pointless because Yoda's saber is not a wand and he can use his powers without it. Disarming Dumbles cripples him.

Dumbles is too slow, more accurately his spells are, to hit Yoda. Yoda can simply force push him as he sees fit.

How's that, kid?

quanchi112
Someone's assmad. Disarming Yoda is 1. Impossible without hitting him 2. Pointless because Yoda's saber is not a wand and he can use his powers without it. Disarming Dumbles cripples him.

Dumbles is too slow, more accurately his spells are, to hit Yoda. Yoda can simply force push him as he sees fit.

How's that, kid? When has Dumbledore been disarmed when he didn't allow it ? Yoda can't block a continuous energy attack without losing his saber.

2-3 second type attack ko'd him which is far slower than dumbledore's best. Yoda while fighting an inferior opponent sat back for 15 seconds while Dooku was tking and trying to kill his allies.

You claimed he can't do spells or magic without spells. Even blood rain corrected your ignorance. You are just ignorant all across the board.

ScreamPaste
Dumbles has never gone against anything more dangerous than another wizard.

Yoda need only avoid this attack, and losing his saber does nothing since he can just TK it back and it doesn't diminish his power. Yoda can casually avoid blast fire, which is faster than potter magic.

You calling me ignorant is amusing, so please, do continue. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Dumbles has never gone against anything more dangerous than another wizard.

Yoda need only avoid this attack, and losing his saber does nothing since he can just TK it back and it doesn't diminish his power. Yoda can casually avoid blast fire, which is faster than potter magic.

You calling me ignorant is amusing, so please, do continue. stick out tongue Wizards are at the top of the food chain. he'd have a field day with Link. The funny thing is Link a 17 year old kid beat Ganondorf with a few weeks of training.

Yoda can't avoid his attack since he couldn't avoid the force lightning. Why didn't Yoda tk and get his saber back against Palpatine ? I gues Dumbledore just stands there and lets him, right ?

When did Yoda avoid blaster fire by flipping around it ? I don't recall this.

ScreamPaste
Look at this guy, bringing his Zelda butthurt into more threads.

An undefined amount of training from a previous hero, the Master Sword which is a planetary level artifact, the triforce of courage, super human strength, speed, and skill. Also, Link > Voldemort.

Wizards are at the top of the food chain. he'd have a field day with Link. The funny thing is Link a 17 year old kid beat Ganondorf with a few weeks of training.

Yoda can't avoid his attack since he couldn't avoid the force lightning. Why didn't Yoda tk and get his saber back against Palpatine ? I gues Dumbledore just stands there and lets him, right ?

When did Yoda avoid blaster fire by flipping around it ? I don't recall this.
So your entire argument is that you're going to lowball Yoda from one fight and ignore everything else about the character.

Rather than support Dumbledore, you're just trying to discredit Yoda. Except that doesn't work because Yoda's capabilities are well established.

NotAllThatEvil
Let me get this straight.
Yoda is capable of catching lightning with his hands but looses his saber if he's holding it. So you want to get rid of his sabe, making him in his best energy catching state.
Dumbledore's best reaction is about a second faster than yoda's worst. So the wizard is going to out speed him.
Yoda can reflect multiple blasts with his sword, while all dumbledore's fights are one on one. So the wiz has greater accuracy.

I just want to remind everyone that yoda was able to rip a starship from the mud of his swamp on his deathbed. I'm no scientist but I do have experience with mud, and lifting anything out of swamp mud when it's that far in is an impressive feat.

quanchi112
Look at this guy, bringing his Zelda butthurt into more threads.

An undefined amount of training from a previous hero, the Master Sword which is a planetary level artifact, the triforce of courage, super human strength, speed, and skill. Also, Link > Voldemort.

So your entire argument is that you're going to lowball Yoda from one fight and ignore everything else about the character.

Rather than support Dumbledore, you're just trying to discredit Yoda. Except that doesn't work because Yoda's capabilities are well established. False. Link has a sword. The sword kills dorf. The sword showed no advantages against any other foes. Just because Dorf was outdueled don't blame it on the sword. Link the 17 year old deserves some credit.

Wait until you see what I have in store for Link in the battlezone. I am going to shame him. Just wait and see, domme.

I didn't lowball him. You fanboys want to ignore the times he was ko'd due to being a fanboy. The only thing that counts is when he pwned the grunts. Yoda rocks, dude.

I cited Yoda fights in which he was disarmed by a continuous energy blast. Dumbledore can easily do so. Do I really need to post a video of him shooting a continuous energy beam ?

You also said he can't cast spells without wands, ignoramus. You lack a clue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Let me get this straight.
Yoda is capable of catching lightning with his hands but looses his saber if he's holding it. So you want to get rid of his sabe, making him in his best energy catching state.
Dumbledore's best reaction is about a second faster than yoda's worst. So the wizard is going to out speed him.
Yoda can reflect multiple blasts with his sword, while all dumbledore's fights are one on one. So the wiz has greater accuracy.

I just want to remind everyone that yoda was able to rip a starship from the mud of his swamp on his deathbed. I'm no scientist but I do have experience with mud, and lifting anything out of swamp mud when it's that far in is an impressive feat. Yoda couldn't stop Palpatine's lighting completely as the blast sent his ass off the pod. Rewatch the scene because I am pretty sure Yoda didn't want to fall off the pod. If he can easily block energy blasts then why did he go flying off the pod ?

His average reactions are 2-3 times what ko'd Yoda. Yoda's worst reactionary feat I clocked was 15 seconds. Get your facts straight. I mean wtf.

Yoda's fight swith Dooku and Palpatine were one on one. Anything else you want to say ?

NotAllThatEvil
If you are seriously arguing that he is just as powerfull without a wand, you need to rethink qnd rewatch for a bit, bro.

NotAllThatEvil
1. Yoda got thrown back but palpy took most of the force. A knock like that would do some damage to a human.
2. Yoda's worst was catching the rubble coming at his friends right. Isn't protecting the helpless have priority over stabbing considering they call themselves peace keepers.
3.I was arguing reaction and accuracy, not destructive force.

quanchi112
If you are seriously arguing that he is just as powerfull without a wand, you need to rethink qnd rewatch for a bit, bro. I never said he was I said he can still use magic and has casted spells before. Read the actual comments before spouting more nonsense. You're out as a possible judge by the way. You can't even comprehend a post.

NotAllThatEvil
Your comment was that he could fill a room with fire, when the only unwand fire spell he did in the movies was lighting a candle.

ScreamPaste
False. Link has a sword. The sword kills dorf. The sword showed no advantages against any other foes. Just because Dorf was outdueled don't blame it on the sword. Link the 17 year old deserves some credit.

Wait until you see what I have in store for Link in the battlezone. I am going to shame him. Just wait and see, domme.

I didn't lowball him. You fanboys want to ignore the times he was ko'd due to being a fanboy. The only thing that counts is when he pwned the grunts. Yoda rocks, dude.

I cited Yoda fights in which he was disarmed by a continuous energy blast. Dumbledore can easily do so. Do I really need to post a video of him shooting a continuous energy beam ?

You also said he can't cast spells without wands, ignoramus. You lack a clue.
The Master Sword. Whine all you like, it is canonically a planetary level artifact.

The Battlezone where no one has the power to kill him? haermm

As has already been pointed out, Yoda's worst is within a second of Dumbles' best. haermm

Pwned
Again, I would like to point out that before Yoda was thrown back by an explosion (which also affected Palpatine, and occurred during the Skywalker-Kenobi fight) he had actually pushed Palpatine back. Meaning he was overpowering him.

BloodRain
Yoda can't just simply block the more powerful lightning. If he could have he wouldn't have went flying over the senate pod. watch the scene. He can only block weaker attacks not Palpatine's lightning without any drawback.

Yoda loses his saber and can't block any continuous stream of energy with his saber. Dumbledore's magic is also far more powerful than Palpatine's force lightning.

Those opponents aren't skilled. Yoda struggles against skilled opponents and can't block the beam of energy with his saber anyway. So who cares if he can block a blast blast. He isn't blocking anything with his saber.
Right now you're deviating from the topic; Yoda can react to Force Lightning no matter who shoots it, this fact remains. The problem of if he can continue to do when its at a certain high level of power isn't the issue.
Though if you must;
1. Yoda showed no problem blocking it. Blocks, pushes in, shows confidence while Palpy shows fear.. it erupts and throws them back. No problems.
2. Show Albus' powercomparison to Palpy's, to prove which attack if more powerful. Difficult to show this because A. Albus doesn't show much power in his attacks and B. Force Lightning doesn't shown collateral damage.

Who cares about their skill? Skill doesnt change the speed and rapid shots of the blasters.

Yoda losing his Lightsaber from that hit was likely, again, due to the instance, not because he's unable to. Proof being that Obi-Wan could do so with Dooko, Windu with Palpy. So it is able with Jedi of this level.

quanchi112
Your comment was that he could fill a room with fire, when the only unwand fire spell he did in the movies was lighting a candle. You're ignorance speaks volumes about yourself. He lights a room on fire to show a young Tom Riddle that he does indeed possess magic. You are altogether clueless about even my simplest points.

quanchi112
The Master Sword. Whine all you like, it is canonically a planetary level artifact.

The Battlezone where no one has the power to kill him? haermm

As has already been pointed out, Yoda's worst is within a second of Dumbles' best. haermm So now Link can't be killed ? The guy was clubbed out early on by Bulbin you twit. Trust me it's going to go very badly for this pussyverse. Link was clubbed and ko'd rather easily. Awful. Yet you claim he's unkillable and unstoppable. Please play the game again your memory sucks.

Link relied on his skill in combat the sword wasn't some all badass weapon by any means. Just wait until you see what I do I Link here. You won't see any of this shit coming either.

Yoda's worst is worse than Dumbledore's worst. Dumbs was never ko'd either. Dumbs was never disarmed when he didn't allow it either. Dumbs stomps.

quanchi112
Again, I would like to point out that before Yoda was thrown back by an explosion (which also affected Palpatine, and occurred during the Skywalker-Kenobi fight) he had actually pushed Palpatine back. Meaning he was overpowering him. Palpatine did go back but the push rocked Yoda off the pod and affected them both. This shows he can't just easily repel greater force even from someone as weak as Palpatine. Dumbledore's power is vastly greater than I can't kill Luke Skywalker despite zapping him for a considerable amount of time.

HP>>Star Wars.

quanchi112
Right now you're deviating from the topic; Yoda can react to Force Lightning no matter who shoots it, this fact remains. The problem of if he can continue to do when its at a certain high level of power isn't the issue.
Though if you must;
1. Yoda showed no problem blocking it. Blocks, pushes in, shows confidence while Palpy shows fear.. it erupts and throws them back. No problems.
2. Show Albus' powercomparison to Palpy's, to prove which attack if more powerful. Difficult to show this because A. Albus doesn't show much power in his attacks and B. Force Lightning doesn't shown collateral damage.

Who cares about their skill? Skill doesnt change the speed and rapid shots of the blasters.

Yoda losing his Lightsaber from that hit was likely, again, due to the instance, not because he's unable to. Proof being that Obi-Wan could do so with Dooko, Windu with Palpy. So it is able with Jedi of this level. Sometimes he can react not all the time. You keep wanting to ignore the time he was ko'd. You're biased and all those who want to ignore showings are biased.

1.Yoda struggled and the power released knocked him off the pod. Did Yoda want to go flying off the pod ? Who was laughing after Yoda blocked the lightning ? Not Yoda.

2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTeHYpGq9E

Saying Albus doesn't show much power is ignorant beyond measure here.

This to me shows you didn't even watch these movies. It's like saying prove Superman can fly really fast.

Yes, it does. If you lack skill Yoda kills you generally easily but if you are skilled you can ko Yoda. Palpatine had skill. His reactions were slower than the blaster fire but that's irrelevant as one continuous stream of energy is disarming him. We see he can't block it with his saber. Palp disarms him.

You don't have one single example of Yoda blocking it with his saber. Of course when he was disarmed this doesn't count either. That's how fanboys debate. Highest feats only and ignore the rest. Ask for proof and then when it is posted ignore it.

NotAllThatEvil
You're ignorance speaks volumes about yourself. He lights a room on fire to show a young Tom Riddle that he does indeed possess magic. You are altogether clueless about even my simplest points.
You mean that very tiny room that was barely a step up from potter's cupboard and didn't actually burn anything? Besides showing that tommy was a little thief, it didn't DO anything and is not applicable to combat.

Pwned
Palpatine did go back but the push rocked Yoda off the pod and affected them both. This shows he can't just easily repel greater force even from someone as weak as Palpatine. Dumbledore's power is vastly greater than I can't kill Luke Skywalker despite zapping him for a considerable amount of time.

HP>>Star Wars. Except you have not proven Dumble's power is greater. You have proven he can be utterly ineffectual even without his wand.

And I find it funny you say, "weak" when they were both throwing several ton senate pods at each other.

Palp's was giving Luke a slow death. (He could actually vaporize dozens of stormtroopers with ease at the time, btw)

quanchi112
You mean that very tiny room that was barely a step up from potter's cupboard and didn't actually burn anything? Besides showing that tommy was a little thief, it didn't DO anything and is not applicable to combat. So no wyou go from the only thing he lit was a candle to that doesn't count. Dumbledore didn't want to burn the place down. We have already seen wizards undo damage before also. You were wrong. Nothing else needs to be said. Yoda can't block a continuous stream of energy with his saber. No examples. Yoda also has been ko'd by a 3-4 second attack far slower than Dumbledore's best. Game. Set. Match. Dumbs can also use magic minus a wand. Another Game. Set. Match.

quanchi112
Except you have not proven Dumble's power is greater. You have proven he can be utterly ineffectual even without his wand.

And I find it funny you say, "weak" when they were both throwing several ton senate pods at each other.

Palp's was giving Luke a slow death. (He could actually vaporize dozens of stormtroopers with ease at the time, btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTeHYpGq9E

Proven.

When was he defeated without his wand when he didn't want to be ?

Voldemort can easily tk a giant off a bridge without any effort whatsoever. When Yoda does so he strains along with it requiring all of his concentration.

Palps never killed anyone directly with force lightning. Not a single person. Luke walked away with no lingering effects. That's the dark lord of the sith. HP verse says gtfo.

NotAllThatEvil
You keep comparing Al's best to yoda's worst. You realize how flawed that is right. You take the average of each ones reaction time and yoda outclasses Albus by far.

The fire didn't burn anything, there was no repairs needed. Also comparing a tiny orphan room to what ever battle field they will be fighting in is silly.

quanchi112
You keep comparing Al's best to yoda's worst. You realize how flawed that is right. You take the average of each ones reaction time and yoda outclasses Albus by far.

The fire didn't burn anything, there was no repairs needed. Also comparing a tiny orphan room to what ever battle field they will be fighting in is silly. I can take the average and against opponents with a continuous beam of energy Yoda doesn't look impressive. Against unskilled grunts with laser weapons he looks good.

He didn't want to burn anything. Do you think that was just an illusion ? I am just saying what Potter magic is capable of. Yoda can't disarm him anyways.

NotAllThatEvil
A ten year old was able to grab something inside the cupboard without even sweating. I wouldn't say illusion, but locater spell sounds good.
He was able to catch dooku's lightning and force palpy to a stand still. His reaction time is still pretty good at dodging senate pods and catching the pillar that almost crushed his friends. Not as good as his lightsaber reaction where he could move with well above human agility and speed.

ScreamPaste
So now Link can't be killed ? The guy was clubbed out early on by Bulbin you twit. Trust me it's going to go very badly for this pussyverse. Link was clubbed and ko'd rather easily. Awful. Yet you claim he's unkillable and unstoppable. Please play the game again your memory sucks.

Link relied on his skill in combat the sword wasn't some all badass weapon by any means. Just wait until you see what I do I Link here. You won't see any of this shit coming either.

Yoda's worst is worse than Dumbledore's worst. Dumbs was never ko'd either. Dumbs was never disarmed when he didn't allow it either. Dumbs stomps. At the beginning of the game, when he hadn't tapped into his power yet? Herp derp.

And sure, Link could be killed, just not by anything in the HPverse. Nothing in it has enough physical power to harm him or magical power to overcome his protection.

Yoda's best is far and away superior, and easily discounts the speed of Potterspells which are subsonic.

Congrats, you just admitted that Yoda has better feats even though Dumbles has no low showings. dur

BloodRain
Sometimes he can react not all the time. You keep wanting to ignore the time he was ko'd. You're biased and all those who want to ignore showings are biased.
1.Yoda struggled and the power released knocked him off the pod. Did Yoda want to go flying off the pod ? Who was laughing after Yoda blocked the lightning ? Not Yoda.
2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTeHYpGq9E
Saying Albus doesn't show much power is ignorant beyond measure here.
This to me shows you didn't even watch these movies. It's like saying prove Superman can fly really fast.
A human can block a punch. A human can get hit by a punch. A humans reactions are still in the range to be able to block a punch, as they can. Catching it if proof he's capable of doing so, even if under circumstances he gets hit.

xUlqDMcS_RE
3:37- Holding lighting
3:44- Yoda looks weakened
3:46- Palpy is giving it his all
...At this point you would be right, if not for the rest...
3:48- Yoda gets focused
3:50- Palpy reacts in fear/pain/struggling/whatever
3:53- Both get knocked back
4:08- Palpy laughs cause Yoda fell a great distance, while he had something to hold on to

1. There was no struggling beyond 3:48, and flying off the edge means nothing as Yoda was literally standing on the edge of the pod while Palpy was standing in the centre. Palpy gets knocked into it, Yoda couldn't as there was nothing behind him to collide with.

2. You just showed him casting a large fire spell with the EW when I asked for a feat of power and how that power differs from Force Lightnings. All that shows is he can create a large volume of fire, not how strong it is or how damaging it is.

Yes, it does. If you lack skill Yoda kills you generally easily but if you are skilled you can ko Yoda. Palpatine had skill. His reactions were slower than the blaster fire but that's irrelevant as one continuous stream of energy is disarming him. We see he can't block it with his saber. Palp disarms him.
You don't have one single example of Yoda blocking it with his saber. Of course when he was disarmed this doesn't count either. That's how fanboys debate. Highest feats only and ignore the rest. Ask for proof and then when it is posted ignore it.

Tell me how skill changes the speed and rapidity of blaster shots. E.g If you were able to catch a bullet from a handgun, it doesnt matter if the shooter is a sharpshooter or if its their first time touching a gun, the fact is you caught a bullet.

Yoda has a Lightsaber, Lightsabers are able to block Force Lightning. Its not a skill or ability, just what its capable of. Also why are you talking about deflecting with a lightsaber? I don't recall bringing it up.

And Quan, you're calling fanboy/biased to a guy that isnt much of a fan of these 3 verses :T

Pwned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTeHYpGq9E

Proven.

When was he defeated without his wand when he didn't want to be ?

Voldemort can easily tk a giant off a bridge without any effort whatsoever. When Yoda does so he strains along with it requiring all of his concentration.

Palps never killed anyone directly with force lightning. Not a single person. Luke walked away with no lingering effects. That's the dark lord of the sith. HP verse says gtfo. No, you haven't. He has a wand in that scene.

When was he actually engaged in combat with anybody that mattered?

So can Magneto. Guess what? Magneto doesn't need a stick. Voldy does.

It was a side note, not claiming it as a feat. He did it in a comic book. (Though he actually has some of the most powerful Force lightning around.)
Oh, and you seem to like to ignore CIS when you want to. Palpatine was giving Luke a slow death. Death by torture. If he wanted to, he could kill Luke much easier than the 3 Jedi Masters in RotS.

quanchi112
A ten year old was able to grab something inside the cupboard without even sweating. I wouldn't say illusion, but locater spell sounds good.
He was able to catch dooku's lightning and force palpy to a stand still. His reaction time is still pretty good at dodging senate pods and catching the pillar that almost crushed his friends. Not as good as his lightsaber reaction where he could move with well above human agility and speed. The pod tosses took at least a second and beyond. Yoda was struggling and wasn't doing effortlessly either. His reaction time is good but Dumbledore is too powerful and too accurate for him to defend against. Yoda can't compete with one of HP's elite class.

quanchi112
At the beginning of the game, when he hadn't tapped into his power yet? Herp derp.

And sure, Link could be killed, just not by anything in the HPverse. Nothing in it has enough physical power to harm him or magical power to overcome his protection.

Yoda's best is far and away superior, and easily discounts the speed of Potterspells which are subsonic.

Congrats, you just admitted that Yoda has better feats even though Dumbles has no low showings. dur He has the same durability, derp. Pathetic, derp.

You are beyond stupid. King Bulbin ko'd him. So wait if a Giant swung his weapon into Link's skin what would happen ? Make me laugh.

Yoda's been ko'd by something far slower and can't block a continuous beam of energy.

Dumbs combat skills and power beats Yoda. Yoda is less powerful and can't hold onto his saber here. Dumbs stomps him.

ScreamPaste
He has the same durability, derp. Pathetic, derp.

You are beyond stupid. King Bulbin ko'd him. So wait if a Giant swung his weapon into Link's skin what would happen ? Make me laugh.

Yoda's been ko'd by something far slower and can't block a continuous beam of energy.

Dumbs combat skills and power beats Yoda. Yoda is less powerful and can't hold onto his saber here. Dumbs stomps him. That's why he tanks an axe to the face in a cutscene, resists being crushed by 60+ tons in motion, can be fired at the ground out of a cannon in the sky, ect?

You mean King Bulbin who could not even hurt Link when they fought in the desert? Quan gets butthurt, resorts to insults. Predictable.

Yoda doesn't need to block it, he can just move, Dumbledore isn't fast enough to tag him as Yoda can react to blaster fire.

Yoda doesn't need his saber, unlike Dumbles who needs his wand. Yoda wins with a single force push or saber strike.

quanchi112
A human can block a punch. A human can get hit by a punch. A humans reactions are still in the range to be able to block a punch, as they can. Catching it if proof he's capable of doing so, even if under circumstances he gets hit.

xUlqDMcS_RE
3:37- Holding lighting
3:44- Yoda looks weakened
3:46- Palpy is giving it his all
...At this point you would be right, if not for the rest...
3:48- Yoda gets focused
3:50- Palpy reacts in fear/pain/struggling/whatever
3:53- Both get knocked back
4:08- Palpy laughs cause Yoda fell a great distance, while he had something to hold on to There is also an example of him not catching it.

Both felt the blow back of this. Both went back. Yoda didn't simply redirect all of it like he did against dooku showing that the power of the attack is significant. Yoda fell back. Against Dooku he didn't budge.
This is oneshotting the foes of Harry here even underwater. That's how powerful the fire he is using is. We have seen a prolonged exposure under lightning and Luke walk away like he was afflicted with nothing more than a headache.

One feat doesn't negate all the other times something slower than a bullet tagged him. That doesn't mean we only discuss his greatest while ignoring the rest.
Lightsabers are able to. Windu does so. But this isn't Windu this is butterfingers Yoda.

You are sure acting like it.

Pwned
Quan, you must realize Yoda was not performing at his best. The Dark Side clouded the Force.

quanchi112
Quan, you must realize Yoda was not performing at his best. The Dark Side clouded the Force. That's horseshit. That just clouded Palpatine's identity. In combat Yoda was just weak. To be ko'd in such an easy manner is unforgivable. The upper mages of Potterverse drum the best the jedi and sith have to offer.

Pwned
Ahem,

"I think it is time to inform the Senate our ability to use the Force has diminished"

Episode 1. The Jedi were not at top tier during this era.

quanchi112
Ahem,

"I think it is time to inform the Senate our ability to use the Force has diminished"

Episode 1. The Jedi were not at top tier during this era. Figuratively not combat related. Windu bet Palpatine. Yoda's bitchass failed just like he did against dooku. Order 66 dominated the weak jedi. Potter wizards>>>jedi and sith.

ScreamPaste
Figuratively not combat related. Windu bet Palpatine. Yoda's bitchass failed just like he did against dooku. Order 66 dominated the weak jedi. Potter wizards>>>jedi and sith. IIRC GL himself mentioned this being a plot to manipulate Anakin to his side.

Pwned
Seriously, it was a direct statement from one of the most powerful Jedi of the era.... Yeah, it was literally and combat related. They were not at their best.

Order 66 beat them because they were outnumbered millions to one, and shot in the back. On top of being weaker than they usually were.

BloodRain
There is also an example of him not catching it.
Both felt the blow back of this. Both went back. Yoda didn't simply redirect all of it like he did against dooku showing that the power of the attack is significant. Yoda fell back. Against Dooku he didn't budge.
And also of him catching it, which gives him the reactions to. Shown feats and powerscaling says Jedi's can react.

Never denied Palpy's is stronger. Just because he didn't redirect it doesnt mean he wasnt overpowering it, as per their reactions
This is oneshotting the foes of Harry here even underwater. That's how powerful the fire he is using is. We have seen a prolonged exposure under lightning and Luke walk away like he was afflicted with nothing more than a headache.
Arent those ones weak against fire? EW powered Firestorm is the strongest attack shown in HP afaik, main impressive thing about it is beating foes weak to fire under the water (is possible to have flames underwater, magic would aid this). Its the strongest spell we've seen, but flames won't be the greatest tool in this fight, and his others aren't this powerful. (EW is in this thread, right?)
Btw what spells are fatal in power? (besides AK)

Torture, not killing. Think about it; a short burst was able to knock around Yoda, yet after a continuous stream Luke was able to walk away. And it can do this to characters that can take large falls and amputation better than we take a kick in the nads.
One feat doesn't negate all the other times something slower than a bullet tagged him. That doesn't mean we only discuss his greatest while ignoring the rest.
Lightsabers are able to. Windu does so. But this isn't Windu this is butterfingers Yoda.
You are sure acting like it.
What times? Catches and dodges things thrown at him. Deflects blasters. Fights with agility beyond any humans. The only failed reactions are the lightning, which Yoda still manages to prove to be able to catch when focused. In only a few circumstances moments does he not demonstrate this.

Watching the scenes from Episode II, the blaster shots are definitely around supersonic. Padawans can easily react to blasters.. Knights and Masters are obviously above Padawans. Yoda is able to deflect supersonic blasters.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>