rogue vs hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win between rogue and the hulk?

DTM
Probably Rogue. Shes fast enough to outmanuever Hulk to get in close, and theres plenty of open flesh on Hulk for her to touch and drain. Shes shown capable of draining Thor (and others along with him), and partially drain Juggernaut, so unless this is some Cosmic Level Hulk, Rogue shouldnt have too much trouble draining him as well (even if its after several drainings, each one with Hulk getting weaker and Rogue getting stronger).

Zack Fair
Hulk smashes her tight butt while she is busy trying to drain him. Same way he did in What if Hulk had killed Wolverine.

roughrider
Hulk had problems dealing with decrepit forms like Half-Life (who successfully drained the gamma from him by touch); I think Rogue would be even more successful, considering her kiss is usually enough to make someone unconscious.

Supra
Come on hulk is not going to lose to a harlett like rouge. One hit from him and she is done. Even if she was able to touch him it would not stop him from hulk smashing her in an instant.

bluewaterrider
Haven't really followed Rogue in the past couple years too carefully.

Last I remember, though, she had the ability not only to control her power to the extent of being able to DECIDE if she she wanted her touch to hurt people, or only steal their powers (and memories?),

but

she also had the ability to manifest at will the powers she had absorbed PREVIOUSLY from people throughout her history.

And Rogue has previously absorbed the powersets of Jen Walters She-Hulk, Kid Gladiator, Thor, Juggernaut, Exodus, and, via contact with the Chief Examiner's portal in the Questprobe series, Hulk himself.

If the 2nd feature is a current feature of Rogue, she takes it, unless she's simply not thinking.

I'll give a roughly even split in the case that she can no longer do this, or perhaps even 60% to Hulk 40% to her simply because I do not fully know the extent of Hulk's abilities in his new and speedy "indestructible" form. Rogue without ability to call forth previous powers OR use her standard "touch either absorbs power or absorbs power and debilitates", however, loses to any Hulk of the past 5 years.

Branlor Swift
Hulk punches her so hard in the gut, she pukes up her uterus.

Supra
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

This^

Drawingblood88

You, friend, just made my day slightly less shitty. For this, I salute you.

-Pr-

There's really no need for those kinds of comments.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Drawingblood88
You, friend, just made my day slightly less shitty. For this, I salute you. Originally posted by -Pr-
There's really no need for those kinds of comments.

Conflicting.

http://forum.facmedicine.com/attachments/physiology/1164d1339771570-why-do-we-say-hmmm-when-thinking-hmm.jpg

roughrider
Originally posted by Supra
Come on hulk is not going to lose to a harlett like rouge. One hit from him and she is done. Even if she was able to touch him it would not stop him from hulk smashing her in an instant.

Hey, she touches him first, he's already on route to sleepy time. Just like she did it to Thing and Juggernaut (she wasn't able to take all his power, but enough to stun him briefly.)

StiltmanFTW
Was Hulk officially depowered to his Savage levels? That's what I heard was supposed to happen at the end of Aaron's run, explaining all his other appearances (Assemble, for example) when he was dumb again.

The Sorrow
No explanation was given, but it's likely down to the success of the Avengers movie and Hulk's prominent role in it. Marvel will happily sacrifice continuity as long as the stories sell. The only thing on-panel that can used to rationale the change back to Savage is that Jason Aaron's run depicted Bruce's mind with all of the previous incarnations being trapped inside trying to escape. According to Brevoort pretty much any Hulk can surface at anytime depending on the circumstances.

Apparently in terms of continuity Avengers Assemble #1-8 leads on from Aaron's Incredible Hulk #15 and both are set before AvX but Aaron's Hulk was never dumb *shrug*

- On topic is Contest of Champions 2 canon? Rogue was able to absorb Hulk's power in that.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks.

Yes, CoC II is canon.

DTM
Going off what weve seen Rogue absorb, theres no reason she would be unable to absorb Hulks powers, if not all of them, then certainly most.

Shabazz916
Wouldnt the gamma kill her ? She gets sick like normal ppl. Riite. N hulk power comes from radiation so it really isnt a power set. So how could she absorb it ??0

Zack Fair
Chances are the gamma will turn her into a more savage version of Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Wouldnt the gamma kill her ? She gets sick like normal ppl. Riite. N hulk power comes from radiation so it really isnt a power set. So how could she absorb it ??0

Doesn't matter where his power's coming from, she absorbs non-mutant powers just fine.

DarkSaint85
Plus, she can manifest Legion's powers.

Hmm...

ODG
Originally posted by roughrider
Hulk had problems dealing with decrepit forms like Half-Life (who successfully drained the gamma from him by touch); I think Rogue would be even more successful, considering her kiss is usually enough to make someone unconscious. That was Gray Hulk. who fought with Half-Life.Originally posted by The Sorrow
- On topic is Contest of Champions 2 canon? Rogue was able to absorb Hulk's power in that. Yup. But Hulk also wasn't resisting due to subtle mind-control/possession. Originally posted by Shabazz916
Wouldnt the gamma kill her ? She gets sick like normal ppl. Riite. N hulk power comes from radiation so it really isnt a power set. So how could she absorb it ??0 Rogue can clearly drain Hulk's gamma power. She's drained She-Hulk just recently without gamma poisoning. Whether she'd win a fight against Hulk is a wholly different question. She-Hulk didn't go down without a fight... and, well... she ain't no Hulk.

Zack Fair
Wasn't Rogue also fighting to keep control of herself because the gamma made her angry?

ODG
^ Well, the gamma didn't make her angry, per se. She was getting angry because of the whole AvX situation. But I guess the gamma mutation started amplifying that and made her anger and strength incredibly difficult to control.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.