Master Chief vs. Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Battle location Earth Like Planet, same properties, gravity same as earth.

Load out

2 weapons each one accessory

Master Cheif Loadout
Weapons:
Energy Sword
Spartan Laser
Accessory: Photonic Z-90 shield as seen in Halo 4
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Z-90_Photonic_Coalescence_Emitter/Aegis

Master Chief MJOLNIR Armour which has a personal shield as well.
Full info on armor for master cheif
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor
-------------------------------------

Boba Fett
Weapons:
Trusty Blaster Rifle
Flamethrower
Accessory: Jetpack
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_

Boba Fet Mandalorian Armor
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor

Fight!

Branlor Swift
Link comes out of nowhere and slices both in half.

cdtm
Gordon Freeman drops a piano on them with the gravity gun.

ScreamPaste
I'm not sure how effective the blaster would be, but I doubt the flamethrower will be any use at all. mmm Jetpack makes him way more mobile though.

cdtm
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm not sure how effective the blaster would be, but I doubt the flamethrower will be any use at all. mmm Jetpack makes him way more mobile though.

He could have spotted Chief one via the new game, right?

Or are jetpack only for PvP?

Tzeentch._
Chief shoots Boba and he dies.

NemeBro
MC loses hard.

What a shitty weapon loadout.

MC will never get close enough to use the sword, and if Bob is hit with the Spartan Laser, he deserves to die.

Tzeentch._
He will be.

Chief can and has used the Spartan laser to hit jetfighters. Boba, who is just a man, doesn't have the speed or reflexes to dodge it.

Supra
Originally posted by NemeBro
MC loses hard.

What a shitty weapon loadout.

MC will never get close enough to use the sword, and if Bob is hit with the Spartan Laser, he deserves to die.

Well it would have been unfair if I gave master chief the distigrator and the assault rifle.

NemeBro
Chief can and has sucked my dick, therefore he's teh ghey, therefore he loses.

Tzeentch._
You don't have a dick.

NemeBro
Just because you can't get it hard doesn't mean it isn't there.

Supra
Why are you guys fighting?

NemeBro
Why aren't you?

Supra
I have nothing to fight about.

NemeBro
You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Supra
Originally posted by NemeBro
You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Now that I read your signature I get it!

Villelater
If this is Starwars battlefront 2...boba fett flys and uses buildings to hide behind...thanks to 3rd person view he can see chief before he can see him...even behind walls! it could take awhile but boba has a shot...if this was a heavy-trooper he would fare better

Supra
Originally posted by Villelater
If this is Starwars battlefront 2...boba fett flys and uses buildings to hide behind...thanks to 3rd person view he can see chief before he can see him...even behind walls! it could take awhile but boba has a shot...if this was a heavy-trooper he would fare better

But it's not Star Wars battlefront 2. It's on a earth like planet Chief vs. Boba

ScreamPaste
I'm honestly unsure how the blaster would fare against chief's armour, straight up don't know, lol.

Supra
I'm honestly unsure how the blaster would fare against chief's armour, straight up don't know, lol.

I posted a link thats all about master chiefs amoursmile

Supra
The fact that Boba Fett gets owned by a half blind Hans Solo doesn't fair well for him in The return of the Jedi.

Impediment
EU Boba Fett rapes.

Movie Fett dies hard.

Supra
Originally posted by Impediment
EU Boba Fett rapes.

Movie Fett dies hard.

One hit from the spartan laser and Fet is gone. What does Boba have that can harm Master Cheif?

Based
Only reason why Boba has a chance is because of Star Wars blaster tech. If each had the same blaster rifle Chief stomps hard.

Supra
Originally posted by Based
Only reason why Boba has a chance is because of Star Wars blaster tech. If each had the same blaster rifle Chief stomps hard.

Master cheif shield should be strong enough to block/absord the blaster rifle. He has his secondary shield shield under his accessory as well he can use at will.

Casper Whitey
I never got into HALO, I always meant to though.

Supra
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
I never got into HALO, I always meant to though.

It's a whole new universe brother. Even if you don't play the game the books are great. Cant wait till the put a movie together.

cdtm
Is that where everyones getting these crazy feats from, the books?

Master Chief in vs threads always comes off sounding more like Sam Gideon, if all you're going on is the games..

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by Supra
It's a whole new universe brother. Even if you don't play the game the books are great. Cant wait till the put a movie together. I was actually gonna start with the books.

sCOURGE_0
Spartan II like Master Chief canonically have reaction that's minimum 55x faster than human.

Not sure what Boba is capable of outside the movies, I've heard EU SW characters are more powerful than there film counterparts

cdtm
Well, in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, in the pit of sarlacc, he survived blasting himself out with a thermal detonator.

And Han Solo's blaster couldn't penetrate his armor.

Casper Whitey
Yup, and the Dengar found him in the desert afterwards.

Supra
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, in the pit of sarlacc, he survived blasting himself out with a thermal detonator.

And Han Solo's blaster couldn't penetrate his armor.

Chief encounters mainly energy weapons in all of his fights with the covenant. Between his Armour, personal shield and hard light barrier this its more then enough to block/absorb a blaster rifle.

Hans Solo may not have been able to penetrate him,cbut a spartan laser is no joke, it can take down even some of the mightiest Armour and ships from the covenant. On a personal target it's game over for who ever is on the other end.

Cheif has also survived falls from inner atmosphere at terminal velocity when hitting the grownd and woke up picked his rifle up and started fighting again like nothing happened.

Robtard
Master Chief > Bobo Fett, any version, any hour of the day; any day of the week.

Supra
Master Cheif!

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
Spartan II like Master Chief canonically have reaction that's minimum 55x faster than human.

Not sure what Boba is capable of outside the movies, I've heard EU SW characters are more powerful than there film counterparts

55 is inaccurate. In Fall of Reach, the number is closer to five or six.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
55 is inaccurate. In Fall of Reach, the number is closer to five or six.
In Fall of Reach the Spartans reaction time was recorded at 20 milliseconds
Humans react anywhere between 200-215 millseconds making a Spartan without armor's reaction time 10-11 times faster

The suit than amplifies the reaction time by five. Making it between 50-55

On top of that the augmentations only get better as the Spartans adjust to them

On top of that reaction is further augmented with AI assistance

Supra
No, 55 is accurate

Humans react anywhere between 200-215 millseconds making a Spartan without armor's reaction time 10-11 times faster

On top of that reaction is further augmented with AI assistance

So yes, it's about 55 minimum with armor. Making Chief and other Spatan II's reaction greater than human and many superhumans.

You are correct, great response

Tzeentch._

On top of that reaction is further augmented with AI assistance Page 57 of Fall of Reach states that without their armor, a Spartan's reflexes are "300% faster than a regular human beings".

It's stated that the arrmor and AI increases the user's reflexes, but a concrete number is never actually given.

Provide your source for the 20 millisecond reaction time. It isn't in First Strike or Fall of Reach.

Zack Fair
Chief.

I would've given Chief his jetpack, but fine by me. Kind of interesting how the fight might play out with Chief's loadout.

sCOURGE_0
Page 57 of Fall of Reach states that without their armor, a Spartan's reflexes are "300% faster than a regular human beings".

It's stated that the arrmor and AI increases the user's reflexes, but a concrete number is never actually given.

Provide your source for the 20 millisecond reaction time. It isn't in First Strike or Fall of Reach. The 5x suit amp was stated in the Halo CE Manual and Strategy Guide, I'm looking for the 20 millisecond reaction

sCOURGE_0
Page 57 of Fall of Reach states that without their armor, a Spartan's reflexes are "300% faster than a regular human beings".

Provide your source for the 20 millisecond reaction time. It isn't in First Strike or Fall of Reach. Found it

End of page 73

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/Spartan%20Respect%20Thread/pg072.png

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/Spartan%20Respect%20Thread/pg115.png

Second page here states the armor amps reaction by 5

Then it says here

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/Spartan%20Respect%20Thread/pg252.png

On first page that Cortana amps it even more

Well over 55x faster than normal reaction.

ScreamPaste
20 milliseconds is concrete, beyond that we can speculate to the level Cortana's 'translation' influences his movements, but he still has to spot the danger for her to translate his thoughts into movement, she doesn't have eyes of her own.

So... 10 milliseconds? 5? 4?

I'm not sure where 'well over 55x faster' is said, I can't find that, nor do I understand what that would even mean when we're dealing with reaction times. Multiplication isn't a great measuring stick when smaller numbers are superior.

sCOURGE_0
Jesus can anyone on this site do math?

Human reaction time 215 milliseconds

Spartan reaction time 20 milliseconds

Divide 215 by 20 and there you go, 10.75x faster than human reaction

Multiply 10.75 with the Mjolnir enhancements and you have 53.75

Seriously...

Tzeentch._
Why do you think the 20 millisecond estimate is more credible than the 3xhuman reflexes statement?

sCOURGE_0
The 300% reflex was probably the expectation, the 20 millisecond is the actual estimate after the augmentation.

Tzeentch._
That's possible.

I haven't read the book in years, so I dunno.

ScreamPaste
Jesus can anyone on this site do math?

Human reaction time 215 milliseconds

Spartan reaction time 20 milliseconds

Divide 215 by 20 and there you go, 10.75x faster than human reaction

Multiply 10.75 with the Mjolnir enhancements and you have 53.75

Seriously...
Me? Math? Nope. haermm Not ever. 131

Anywhore, you're doing it wrong. What you have is not 10x the 'speed' it's 1/10th the time. Very different. Also, you're making some weird assumptions here.

Why does the Mjolnir enhancement function multiplicatively, and jump to '55x faster' (You seem to mean 1/55th)? If I put an engine in a car with 1/5th the normal fuel consumption, and also start using higher efficiency fuel, the mixture would obviously be better than one or the other, but the engine does not alter the chemical energy of the fuel and the fuel doesn't alter the mechanical efficiency of the engine, it'd be an additive benefit, to what level is never actual stated in the scans you've posted.

What Cortana actually explicitly does is convey Chief's thoughts to the armour more quickly, translating them into action, he still needs to be aware of and mentally reacting to what he's reacting to. /Shrug.

So let's say you're right, that'd give Master Chief a reaction time of 4 milliseconds.

This is honestly a pretty subtle change, that's pretty irrelevant in most v.s. matches.

ScreamPaste
Got bored.

Here's the general breakdown.

A normal human's reaction time is 0.25 seconds.

If Blax's quote is the correct one, 300%, that means Spartan reaction time sans armour is 0.083333 (...) seconds.

If 20 miliseconds is correct then we're looking at 0.02 seconds. A difference of 0.063 of a second. Now, factor in Cortana/the armour's boost to this, which you've valued at "5x", and here's what we get.

0.083 becomes 0.016 while 0.02 becomes 0.004. A difference of 12 milliseconds, so honestly, it's a pretty meaningless difference.

OFCOURSE, this assumes that they're multiplicative and/or stack, where as it's entirely possible that the 'in their armour 500%' supercedes the sans armour 300% which would yield a reaction time of 0.05 seconds.

So Chief's reaction time is either 0.05 if the armour supercedes his unaided reflexes, 0.016 if they stack, or 0.004 if the armour improves his reflexes to 1/5th the 20 millisecond figure.

ares834
Cheif wins.

sCOURGE_0
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/stats.php

A normal human's reaction is 215 milliseconds
We've already established that the 300% increase in reflexes was the intended outcome, the 20 milliseconds is the ACTUAL outcome

A human's reaction time is .25? Where are you getting your info from? I googled that and nothing of the sort came up, AND you're using two entirely different meassurements. 20 is 1/10 of 200 AND 10x faster in terms of meassurement of time than 200 millseconds. I'm only rounding it to the nearest tenth also. There isn't anyway around that.

ScreamPaste
You didn't establish this, you just sort of suggested it, not the same.

Three, actually, luckily my methods for all three are the same. smile Will use four this time.

2+2 is four. Not seeing the relevance of this.

Around 20 being 1/10th of 200? No. Around whatever you're trying to suggest via that? Probably. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

But sure, let's use 215 milliseconds. Wanna know what that comes to?

Without the armour that would leave a Spartan with 71.6666(...) millisecond raction time, so 0.0716. If the armour stacks on that, you get 14.3 millisecond reaction time, 10.3 millisecond difference between that and the 4 milliseconds you'd have if their suitless reaction time is 20 milliseconds. Insifnificant.

Ofcourse, there's always the possibility their reaction time is in fact closer to 0.043, which is 1/5 your 215, using the 5x statement for armour.

In short;
No stacking: 0.043
Stacking: 0.0143
No stacking with 20 milliseconds: 0.02
Stacking with 20 milliseconds: 0.004

^The numbers, no way around 'em.

The difference between the best and worse reaction times is 39 milliseconds. Not a huge deal in a versus match, and I'm betting Chief's true response time is somewhere in the middle.

sCOURGE_0
I think understand where you're getting at, that if their reaction was 300% faster or 10x faster due to the 20 milliseconds that there would only be a difference of 10 milliseconds which you believe is insignificant

BUT

That only seems insignificant, if someone has a reaction of 14 milliseconds, and someone has a reaction of 4 milliseconds guess what?

The person with 4 milliseconds STILL has reaction that's 3.5x faster than a person with 14 milliseconds. Even if you think the difference of 10 milliseconds isn't significant, the difference of 3.5x faster reaction time is

And 4 milliseconds is still 53.75x faster than a human

You also say that it doesn't make too much difference in battle forums? Let's take a look at that

Spiderman originally had reaction 40x greater than a human. After BND it was retconned to 18x

Now if we use the 40x reaction Spiderman would react at 5.375 milliseconds
At 18x 12 milliseconds rounded up

So even though he lost over 50% of his original reaction speed the difference in milliseconds is still less than 7 milliseconds. It may not seem like much given how small milliseconds are, but it still does make a difference. On top of that most characters don't even have their reaction meassured in milliseconds anyway so there's no way to tell how other characters would stack up.

I think it makes a big difference to characters who actually operate at those speeds.

ScreamPaste
"3.5x" faster is a misleading term, and it remains pretty insignificant, honestly.

The thing is with reaction time, anytime someone says "X times better" we're still dividing, and dividing the same number by a bigger number will yield smaller results, but you get diminishing returns.

Where twice as fast as 215 milliseconds shaves 50% of the reaction time off, once we make it 4x, we're shaving off 75%, three more 'times' faster only gives us an extra 25%, see what I mean?

Diminishing returns. In a forum battle it will rarely make a difference, and in a fight between a guy who operates at 12, and a guy who operates at 4, I'm honestly going to start looking at other stats long before I figure reaction time will be a deciding factor.

Chief might be able to push a button after a light flashes 10 or so milliseconds sooner than someone else, but even to them their combat speed will seem very similar, and it's even possible the guy with the slower reaction time can in fact strike faster, just react more slowly, as speed and reflex are not tied on a 1:1 ratio.

sCOURGE_0
Alright, I'll admit even I was a bit skepticle of Chief having 55x faster than human reaction since that would put his reaction at 3x that of Spiderman's, I do think it's fair to assume that Chief's reaction is faster than alot of characters though since without Mjolnir they were said to perceive things in slow motion ala Deathstroke. That's before the suit and AI enhancements

CosmicComet
Spiderman's reaction time is far greater than 40x greater than a human's.

Don't pay attention to the numbers. Watch the feats.

You can't make a human 40x faster in reflexes and expect them to react to bullets. You'd have to increase their reflexes thousands of times or so.

Though...I guess to be fair...bullets are the biggest jobbers in comics.

sCOURGE_0
Yeah you can. Characters like Deathstroke don't have 40x greater than human reaction and they see bullets in slow motion.

You don't need 40x reaction to react bullets, you don't even need 10x.

ScreamPaste
Deathstroke is a bad example, he's tagged The Flash.

Casper Whitey
Lol, you guys:

gZEdDMQZaCU&feature=endscreen

ScreamPaste
On a forum dedicated to arguing who would win in a fight between two fictional characters--->Calls us nerds.

Zack Fair
On a forum dedicated to arguing who would win in a fight between two fictional characters--->Calls us nerds. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_olWb1fGRYKE/SQBYbPUNPKI/AAAAAAAABCs/DmMeFUjXlGg/s320/fat+kid.bmp

sCOURGE_0
Deathstroke is a bad example, he's tagged The Flash. Deathstroke is a great example because his perception is similar

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66291/2035107-sladesee3ks.jpg

And Flash has shown that if he really wanted to he could cream Slade

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/107243/2071710-flash_vs_deathstroke.jpg

Casper Whitey
Lol Nerds.

Supra
Funny we went from master cheif and Boba Fet to flash and death stroke. Where is the relevance?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
Lol Nerds.
http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw7781-mlfw407_mediumcsdva.jpg

Deathstroke is a great example because his perception is similar

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66291/2035107-sladesee3ks.jpg

And Flash has shown that if he really wanted to he could cream Slade

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/107243/2071710-flash_vs_deathstroke.jpg
Which remains part of why he's a bad example, Slade has a hardcore case of 'depending on the writer' his high showings are lulzy. There's legitimately a scan somewhere of him stating he's 'faster in the right ways' or some shit as he tags a Flash who had no idea it was going to happen. (Somehow, seriously, wat?)

Stupid things happen in comics sometimes though, lol.

Anyway, reaction time doesn't make someone untouchable, either. People get nailed by fairly slow moving dodge balls all the time IRL, for example. Chief's just as likely to be tagged by a blast bolt as I am a dodge ball, IMHO. The problem lies in how such a thing is supposed to pierce his armour, I'm not sure it could.

sCOURGE_0
It really isn't dependent on the writer either since George Perez wrote like 95% of the instances of Slade tagging Flash, my scan just proves that if Flash wants to he could kill Slade instantly and Slade touching him has more to do with Flash taking it easy on him and not Slade being that damn good

Anyway original point was comparing Chief to Slade since they both see the world in slow mo, not that they would see the same outcome of a fight, I don't think for a second Chief would touch Flash under any circumstances

Villelater
well what i say isn't important but...in the Video-game world you can kill someone in Halo 2 with a pistol...just saying...and errm if chief is godly powerful how come elites are like spartans? and how do normal humans fight the Aliens? i thought the only real difference was the suit...but im just looking at video-game physics here...

Tzeentch._
In the Justice League game, Superman could only fly about 20 feet into the air, and couldn't run faster than Batman and Huntress could run.

I guess Superman is unable to fly higher than 20 feet, or fly faster than a human can run. Just sayin.

Villelater
In the Justice League game, Superman could only fly about 20 feet into the air, and couldn't run faster than Batman and Huntress could run.

I guess Superman is unable to fly higher than 20 feet, or fly faster than a human can run. Just sayin. the difference is Master Chief was born as a Video-game Character...and the cinematics in halo don't always follow the gameplay...

Supra
well what i say isn't important but...in the Video-game world you can kill someone in Halo 2 with a pistol...just saying...and errm if chief is godly powerful how come elites are like spartans? and how do normal humans fight the Aliens? i thought the only real difference was the suit...but im just looking at video-game physics here...

Much of the spartans armor and shields were reverse engineered from covenant tech.

Villelater
how is Master Chief fast? in cinematics sure...in gameplay human weapons are faster then Aliens(plasma based) and human guns are still mostly basic(compared to real-life guns) Chief can dodge Plasma easier then bullets...again just going by game-physics

Supra
how is Master Chief fast? in cinematics sure...in gameplay human weapons are faster then Aliens(plasma based) and human guns are still mostly basic(compared to real-life guns) Chief can dodge Plasma easier then bullets...again just going by game-physics

I think they already posted how his speed is accelerated.

dadudemon
If a person's reaction times are literally 3x faster than regular humans, that's superhuman.

"Many researchers have confirmed that reaction to sound is faster than reaction to light, with mean auditory reaction times being 140-160 msec and visual reaction times being 180-200 msec..."

http://biology.clemson.edu/bpc/bp/Lab/110/reaction.htm

So if he is 3x faster than that...what does that number even mean? Does it mean divide by 300%? Okay, that's just dividing by 3.

Going by this website, all scores less than 100 ms are thrown out because that is deemed too quick (just randomly getting it right):
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/

But their average is 215 ms

Anyway, let us go with the science rather than the online stuff. Let us go with sound: that is 140 ms. 140/3= 46.67ms

So a Spartan II's reaction time is 46.67 ms, without the armor. If the armor increases that reaction time 5 times:

46.67/5=9.3 ms

Basically, the associative property works with division, as well. 5 times faster is the same as dividing that unassisted number by 5.

9.3 ms is absurdly faster.

How much faster is this than the mean for humans?

140/9.3=15 times faster. Spartan II's are 15 times faster, in reaction speed, when in armor, than the average human. Obviously, that's well beyond superhuman.

How did I get this number? 3*5. Easy, right?

Anyway, this site gives us the speed of nerve impulses:

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml

I would prefer to go with 100m/s as that works quite well. Once we get into this realm of less than 10 ms, we start to question whether or not it is possible for them to even have reactions that fast. Is that mathematically possible without redesigning how nerves work? I don't think so. If you are not bored, Screampaste, perhaps you can calculate if it is even possible, using normal neuronal tissues, to have a reaction of 9 ms. Does 100 meters a second allow a person to sense, with their ears, for the signal to travel to the brain, and then travel to their arms?

Come up with a reasonable distance from the ear to the brain and from the brain to the arms. See if 9ms response time is within reason of the speed of nerve impulse using 100m/s as a baseline. My estimate? Without doing the math and coming up with a distance those nerve impulses must travel, my rough estimate is 9ms is 5-10 times faster than physically possible (and that is with a 0 processing time in the brain).

sCOURGE_0
Not that I'm arguing but I'd imagine most street levelers who can bullet time have reaction faster than 3x normal human. Deathstroke is a top tier character who's made his rep on his insane reaction time and I've heard his reaction is 10-11x faster than normal and Spartans without armor can see the world in slo mo similiar to him

Supra
Master chief wins

leonidas
cool thread. thumb up

gotta go master chief though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.