The Council of Reeds vs Thanos and Darkseid...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
The Council of Reeds vs Thanos and Darkseid...

Both sides have full access to all the tech at their disposal; battle to the Death or KO on the surface of planet Apokalypse...

Who wins?

Cogito
The Council was more effective at holding off four Celestials without access to all their tech than Odin was at holding off one with thousands of years of prep.

Just saying.

leonidas
reeds. unless you throw in all the tools thanos and ds have gathered and used at one time or another, this is a slaughter imo.

ODG
Originally posted by Cogito
The Council was more effective at holding off four Celestials without access to all their tech than Odin was at holding off one with thousands of years of prep.

Just saying. Granted, Odin dealt with the entire Celestial Host. But the Council of Reeds also had to deal with their entire Mad Celestial Host which was whittled down to the last four.

So... thumb up Originally posted by leonidas
reeds. unless you throw in all the tools thanos and ds have gathered and used at one time or another, this is a slaughter imo. thumb up thumb up

Bouboumaster
One Reed would loose everytime against Thanos.
But the entire Concil would even stop de LT.

ODG
^ Actually, if you were to presume that the Council of Reeds were a gathering of almost all the Reeds of the Multiverse, one of their members already pwned the LT by himself.

vin

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Cogito

Just saying.
Originally posted by ODG
Granted, Odin dealt with the entire Celestial Host. But the Council of Reeds also had to deal with their entire Mad Celestial Host which was whittled down to the last four.

So... thumb up thumb up thumb up
These references aren't necessary as 616-Reed alone has already outdone Odin in the battle against Power Cosmic empowered Doom before.

quanchi112
Thanos prevails.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos prevails.

Based on?

Slaanesh
Council of Reeds easily..those guys have 3 IG..

Mindset
Council of Reeds go balls deep.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Based on? Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos.

Try very hard to keep up with the topic at hand apprentice...

How does Thanos of Titan pretail over the Council of Reeds? What is Thanos's answer to the Reeds assortment of superior gear and technology?

quanchi112
Try very hard to keep up with the topic at hand apprentice...

How does Thanos of Titan pretail over the Council of Reeds? What is Thanos's answer to the Reeds assortment of superior gear and technology? Superior cunning and knowledge of his own gear in which to defeat the Reeds. You just lost. Nice try.

TheLordofMurder
Superior cunning and knowledge of his own gear in which to defeat the Reeds. You just lost. Nice try.

Superior Cunning and Knowledge? Nay...Reeds tech has defeated the LT.

Reed has the Universal Entropy Gun; what does Thanos have to compare?

Raptor22
Originally posted by Mindset
Council of Reeds go balls deep. a room full of stretchy guys going balls deep is a pretty disturbing thought.

Bentley
Superior cunning and knowledge of his own gear in which to defeat the Reeds. You just lost. Nice try.

Thanos has all the cuning he needs to make Darkseid a sandwich, which is all the good he can do in this thread stick out tongue

juggerman
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos has all the cuning he needs to make Darkseid a sandwich, which is all the good he can do in this thread stick out tongue

laughing

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
Granted, Odin dealt with the entire Celestial Host. But the Council of Reeds also had to deal with their entire Mad Celestial Host which was whittled down to the last four.

So... thumb up thumb up thumb up Was it a host, or was it just a shit ton of Celestials?

Either way, a Universal Entropy Gun, access to IG's in minute bursts, UNs.

It's actually pretty impressive that the Celestials managed to wipe them out.

This thread isn't even close.

quanchi112
Superior Cunning and Knowledge? Nay...Reeds tech has defeated the LT.

Reed has the Universal Entropy Gun; what does Thanos have to compare? Thanos has defeated Lt, and other abstracts easily before as well.

Reality gem.

Thanos wins.Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos has all the cuning he needs to make Darkseid a sandwich, which is all the good he can do in this thread stick out tongue We both know Darkseid will be fetching Lord Thanos' coffee.

Badabing
Thermos is the weak link here. biscuits

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Thermos is the weak link here. biscuits Are you still within striking distance ?

ThereIsHope
Council wins.

Badabing
Are you still within striking distance ? laughing out loud

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Was it a host, or was it just a shit ton of Celestials?

Either way, a Universal Entropy Gun, access to IG's in minute bursts, UNs.

It's actually pretty impressive that the Celestials managed to wipe them out.

This thread isn't even close.
Probably a shit ton of Celestials(I am willing to wager the whole race from the 4280 reality).

And Reed actually had a shit ton of those entropy guns as well...

TheGodKiller
Reality gem.
Irrelevant. The Council has at least 3 of those in its purses.

Won't make a difference.

DarkSaint85
Does Thanos even have the Reality Gem? I thought Reed still had it.

Mshinu
Not even Thanos` famous coffee will save him here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Irrelevant. The Council has at least 3 of those in its purses.

Won't make a difference. Thanos is more cunning and acting like the gem is the same with whatever user is incorrect.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mshinu
Not even Thanos` famous coffee will save him here.

laughing out loud

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Thanos is more cunning and acting like the gem is the same with whatever user is incorrect.

Doesnt the Council have full IG's? Thanos with the Reality Gem is irrelevant as a result...

quanchi112
Doesnt the Council have full IG's? Thanos with the Reality Gem is irrelevant as a result... Do they have ig's from 616 reality ?

TheLordofMurder
Do they have ig's from 616 reality ?

Doesnt matter...

The Reality Gem is weaksauce (all of the Infinity Gems are) without the Power Gem is amp them...

Any alt reality complete IG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>616 Reality Gem by itself.

quanchi112
Doesnt matter...

The Reality Gem is weaksauce (all of them are) without the Power Gem is amp them...

Any alt reality complete IG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>616 Reality Gem by itself. Based on what ? Can the reality gem defeat these reeds ?

TheLordofMurder
Based on what ? Can the reality gem defeat these reeds ?

Oh come now Quan...

Need I recount the past failings of Infinity Gems on their own?

Need I remind you that an experienced, competent, Soul Gem weilder failed to put Thor down with the Soul Gem?

Need I recount the "power" of the Mind Gem sans the Power Gem while being wielded by an experienced, powerful telepath (Moondragon)?

I could go on and on; other than the Power Gem, the others just dont measure up unless they are all united together...

quanchi112
Oh come now Quan...

Need I recount the past failings of Infinity Gems on their own?

Need I remind you that an experienced, competent, Soul Gem weilder failed to put Thor down with the Soul Gem?

Need I recount the "power" of the Mind Gem sans the Power Gem while being wielded by an experienced, powerful telepath (Moondragon)?

I could go on and on; other than the Power Gem, the others just dont measure up unless they are all united together... Need I remind you Warlock isn't as merciless as Thanos. Need I remind you the soul gem isn't the reality gem. Need I remind you Warlock didn't try to take his soul.

Those other gems aren't the reality gem. Can this gem defeat the reeds iyo ? You avoided the question.

TheLordofMurder
Need I remind you Warlock isn't as merciless as Thanos. Need I remind you the soul gem isn't the reality gem. Need I remind you Warlock didn't try to take his soul.

Those other gems aren't the reality gem. Can this gem defeat the reeds iyo ? You avoided the question.

No...the Reality Gem on its own cannot.

No way...no chance.

quanchi112
No...the Reality Gem on its own cannot.

No way...no chance. So the reality gem can't defeat a Reed ? It's like saying ignore every showing where a Doom, Hulk, etc. pounded on him and beat him and acting as if the reality gem can't do so.

TheLordofMurder
So the reality gem can't defeat a Reed ? It's like saying ignore every showing where a Doom, Hulk, etc. pounded on him and beat him and acting as if the reality gem can't do so.

The Reality Gem cant beat the Council of Reeds (huge difference from facing off against 616 Reed while hes in "good guy" mode); it took many, many, Mad Celestials to stand up to the Council...

I personally would pick a single Mad Celestial to defeat Thanos with the Reality Gem...

quanchi112
The Reality Gem cant beat the Council of Reeds (huge difference from facing off against 616 Reed while hes in "good guy" mode); it took many, many, Mad Celestials to stand up to the Council...

I personally would pick a single Mad Celestial to defeat Thanos with the Reality Gem... Based on what ? You are still assuming the alt ig's are as powerful as the 616 one. One ig showed celestials aren't even a threat to Thanos yet multiple reeds couldn't beat the mad ones despite Galactus and Franklin doing so. Do you believe Galactus and Franklin are greater than the 616 ig ?

TheLordofMurder
Based on what ? You are still assuming the alt ig's are as powerful as the 616 one. One ig showed celestials aren't even a threat to Thanos yet multiple reeds couldn't beat the mad ones despite Galactus and Franklin doing so. Do you believe Galactus and Franklin are greater than the 616 ig ?

Your rant is incoherent gibberish and asks irrelevant questions...

1st off, an alt IG doesnt have to equal to the 616 IG to be much better than the Reality Gem on its own; once again, sans the Power Gem, 616 Infinity Gems are not that impressive...

Franklin and Galactus (who was amped up by eatting 4 worlds) only faced off against 4 Mad Celestials; the Council faced a much greater number of Celestials than Franklin and an amped Galactus did...

So to reinterate a previous point of mines, the Reality Gem on its own absolutely cannot defeat the Council of Reeds...

quanchi112
Your rant is incoherent gibberish and asks irrelevant questions...

1st off, an alt IG doesnt have to equal to the 616 IG to be much better than the Reality Gem on its own; once again, sans the Power Gem, 616 Infinity Gems are not that impressive...

Franklin and Galactus (who was amped up by eatting 4 worlds) only faced off against 4 Mad Celestials; the Council faced a much greater number of Celestials than Franklin and an amped Galactus did...

So to reinterate a previous point of mines, the Reality Gem on its own absolutely cannot defeat the Council of Reeds... The reality gem doesn't have to be better than an alt reality ig anyway it just has to be enough to defeat the council of reeds which I am confident it does.

Yes, those two defeated four whereas an incomplete ig user from 616 would easily shrug off anything the mad celestials did confirming my point.

What makes the council of reeds immune to the reality gem ?

TheLordofMurder
The reality gem doesn't have to be better than an alt reality ig anyway it just has to be enough to defeat the council of reeds which I am confident it does.

Yes, those two defeated four whereas an incomplete ig user from 616 would easily shrug off anything the mad celestials did confirming my point.

What makes the council of reeds immune to the reality gem ?

Your point is garbage as the 616 IG is fully dependent on the Power Gem (all of the other gems are) to do anything worthwild (which Thanos doesnt have here)...

And what makes the Council immune to the Reality Gem? 3 complete Infinity Gauntlets...thats what.

roughrider
Council Of Reeds was superdickery at it's finest. Reed's inner dictator came out to flower at last.

With all the mad tech they had at their disposal to hold off some angry Celestials, the Council FTW.

quanchi112
Your point is garbage as the 616 IG is fully dependent on the Power Gem (all of the other gems are) to do anything worthwild (which Thanos doesnt have here)...

And what makes the Council immune to the Reality Gem? 3 complete Infinity Gauntlets...thats what. So you're saying the reality gem on it's own isn't powerful enough to defeat a reed ? Wow. The alt ig's failed against a race of Celestials. That's not that impressive considering what one ig proved capable of.

DarkSaint85
When did Thanos get his mitts on a Reality Gem?

TheLordofMurder
So you're saying the reality gem on it's own isn't powerful enough to defeat a reed ? Wow. The alt ig's failed against a race of Celestials. That's not that impressive considering what one ig proved capable of.

The alt IG's may have been overwhelmed by the hordes of Celestials that the Council faced, but they are still far more effective than any lone Infinity Gem would be; the alt IG's have better feats than than lone 616 Infinity Gems have...

Gotta remember, the Reeds were destroying Celestials; please show me a scan of any lone 616 Infinity Gem equaling such a feat...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
When did Thanos get his mitts on a Reality Gem?

I wasnt aware than he still had the Reality Gem either, but since it wouldnt even matter if he did, I am entertaining it just for Quans sake...

quanchi112
The alt IG's may have been overwhelmed by the hordes of Celestials that the Council faced, but they are still far more effective than any lone Infinity Gem would be; the alt IG's have better feats than than lone 616 Infinity Gems have...

Gotta remember, the Reeds were destroying Celestials; please show me a scan of any lone 616 Infinity Gem equaling such a feat... I never said the reality gem was more powerful than the alt ig's just powerful enough to defeat the Reeds in the hands of an adept user. I never said Thanos would destroy Celestials but he does destroy the Reeds.

TheLordofMurder
I never said the reality gem was more powerful than the alt ig's just powerful enough to defeat the Reeds in the hands of an adept user. I never said Thanos would destroy Celestials but he does destroy the Reeds.

So you contend that Thanos with the 616 Reality Gem could defeat a Reed with a full alternate Infinity Gauntlet?

Based on what?

Please show me the feats performed by the 616 Reality Gem on its own that would suggest that...

quanchi112
So you contend that Thanos with the 616 Reality Gem could defeat a Reed with a full alternate Infinity Gauntlet?

Based on what?

Please show me the feats performed by the 616 Reality Gem on its own that would suggest that... What makes you think the reeds are immune to reality warping ? That's what the gem does. How do they survive reality warping iyo ?

TheLordofMurder
What makes you think the reeds are immune to reality warping ? That's what the gem does. How do they survive reality warping iyo ?

An IG amped Reed would survive being reality warped the same way any other IG amped user would...

TheLordofMurder
What makes you think the reeds are immune to reality warping ? That's what the gem does. How do they survive reality warping iyo ?

And you ducked the question I asked you previously...

TheLordofMurder

Based on what?

Please show me the feats performed by the 616 Reality Gem on its own that would suggest that...

thumb up

Please address this Quanchi...

Silent Master
thumb up

Please address this Quanchi...

Adressing it would require knowledge of comics, which means you're barking up the wrong tree.

TheGodKiller
Thanos is more cunning and acting like the gem is the same with whatever user is incorrect.
Hickman essentially admitted that the Mad Celestials were equal to their 616 counterparts. What makes you think the same doesn't apply to the IGs as well?

TheGodKiller
@quan: Based on what are you even assuming that Thanos has access to the 616-reality gem?

Because last we saw, it was in the possession of a Reed....

Golgo13
Council of Reeds EASILY wins.

Slaanesh
why is there still a debate??those Reeds kill multiple Celestials with their tech and ability..this two are shit compare to those Celestials..

Badabing
Originally posted by Slaanesh
why is there still a debate??those Reeds kill multiple Celestials with their tech and ability..this two are shit compare to those Celestials.. This

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.