"Supermans" vs Godblast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Each "Superman" stands there and takes a godblast from Thor, what happens to each one? (KO, killed, or badly hurt)

1. PC Superman

2. Pre Reboot Superman

3. OWAW Superman

4. OWAW Sundipped Superman

5. Kingdom Come Superman

6. All Star Superman

7. Superboy Prime

8. DCnU Superman

9. GA Superboy Prime

10. Sodam Yat Ion

(These Supermen aren't in any order)

ilikecomics
only 7 and 9 win IMO
I don't believe any of those other supermen showed a resistance to magic, or lack of a weakness rather.

armedforbattle
"Supermans"

Genius

psycho gundam
lol

googol
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Each "Superman" stands there and takes a godblast from Thor, what happens to each one? (KO, killed, or badly hurt)

1. PC Superman

2. Pre Reboot Superman

3. OWAW Superman

5. Kingdom Come Superman

6. All Star Superman

7. Superboy Prime

8. DCnU Superman

9. GA Superboy Prime

10. Sodam Yat Ion

(These Supermen aren't in any order) they all die

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by googol
they all die

lol.

PillarofOsiris
they all die

You seriously think the godblast is killing a guy who survived a universe buster? Some of these are a matter of opinion, but if you think 4,7,9,10 are dying here, you're seriously delusional.

Supra
Superman gets hit, stands back up.

Supra
Originally posted by ilikecomics
only 7 and 9 win IMO
I don't believe any of those other supermen showed a resistance to magic, or lack of a weakness rather.

Godblast is a not magical attack, it's an energy attack, only Odin force is magical attack.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by ilikecomics
only 7 and 9 win IMO

Sodam Yat Ion has GL shields, which have blocked far more powerful magic than anything Thor can conjure up, not to mention Ion power.

Superman's also just vulnerable to magic, not weak to it. I'd suggest going to the Superman respect thread here and take a look at the magical attacks that Superman has survived and resisted.

dmills
Originally posted by armedforbattle
"Supermans"

Genius

laughing out loud

I remember one thread entitled; Flash's vs Supermans or some such lol.

Damborgson
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Sodam Yat Ion has GL shields, which have blocked far more powerful magic than anything Thor can conjure up

elaborate?

armedforbattle
Originally posted by dmills
laughing out loud

I remember one thread entitled; Flash's vs Supermans or some such lol.
thumb up
Engrish Funny!
laughing

DickBlazer
Pretty much no Superman is seriously injured. Lol at them dying

googol
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Pretty much no Superman is seriously injured. Lol at them dying Celestials Durability>>>Superman

Damborgson
Pretty much no Superman is seriously injured. Lol at them dying

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/kinda.gif

ODG
Pretty much no Superman is seriously injured. Originally posted by DickBlazer
Lol Originally posted by DickBlazer
them dying Edited for more accuracy.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Damborgson
elaborate?

Hal prevented any magical effects to Superman from Zatanna amped by a 5th dimensional imp with his shields once for one. What I'm saying is that Yat's ring and Ion power would add to magical resistance.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by keiththegreat

1. PC Superman

2. Pre Reboot Superman

3. OWAW Superman

5. Kingdom Come Superman

6. All Star Superman

7. Superboy Prime

8. DCnU Superman

9. GA Superboy Prime

10. Sodam Yat Ion

(These Supermen aren't in any order)

1. Probably dies.
2. Dies.
3. Dies.
4. Probably tanks it.
5. Not sure. Leaning towards comatose death
6. Don't know. Dies?
7. Probably tanks it.
8. Incinerated.
9. Laughs.
10. Dunno.

PillarofOsiris
Celestials Durability>>>Superman

A godblast never killed a Celestial, so saying that a godblast won't kill Superman doesn't imply Superman's durability is greater than a celestial. But, Celestial armour gets cracked a lot lately, so I don't think they're armour's durability is all it's been made out to be. Although they can reform pretty much from most attacks.

Damborgson
Hal prevented any magical effects to Superman from Zatanna amped by a 5th dimensional imp with his shields once for one. What I'm saying is that Yat's ring and Ion power would add to magical resistance.

Oh no doubt. But I think it's fair to say that feats for other characters stay with those characters. If Sodam yat has the feats those would be the only ones that count for him. Like BRB's feats don't get attributed to Thor's no matter how closely relatable they are y'know?

Thor's weakest godblast has overpowered cytorakks enchantment. That was a weakened blast. The least impressive non weakened godblast has been able to one hit cripple a high skyfather. The most impressive bolstered 1/4 of the multiverse. None of these guys will do well in my opinion. And most should expire.

PillarofOsiris
Oh no doubt. But I think it's fair to say that feats for other characters stay with those characters. If Sodam yat has the feats those would be the only ones that count for him. Like BRB's feats don't get attributed to Thor's no matter how closely relatable they are y'know?

Thor's weakest godblast has overpowered cytorakks enchantment. That was a weakened blast. The least impressive non weakened godblast has been able to one hit cripple a high skyfather. The most impressive bolstered 1/4 of the multiverse. None of these guys will do well in my opinion. And most should expire.

Fair enough, although I wasn't trying to say Yat could exactly replicate Hal's feat, as Hal's willpower could be greater than Yat's, only that I was replying to an earlier statement someone made that none of these "Supermen" besides prime have any form of resistance. Well, the ring should be at least CAPABLE of providing SOME form of magic resistance.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Zack Fair
1. Probably dies.
2. Dies.
3. Dies.
4. Probably tanks it.
6. Don't know. Dies?
7. Probably tanks it.
8. Incinerated.
9. Laughs.
10. Dunno.

I can't see 2 and 3 dying. KO'ed...MAYBE. Dead... I really don't think so.

ODG
Originally posted by Zack Fair
1. Probably dies.
2. Dies.
3. Dies.
4. Probably tanks it.
6. Don't know. Dies?
7. Probably tanks it.
8. Incinerated.
9. Laughs.
10. Dunno. thumb up

Except that PC Superman would die the worst. His magic weakness was the worst.

Branlor Swift
1-10

Dead

Thor would probably die nowadays firing it too.

Zack Fair
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/Jurassicalien/ThorTear.jpg

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
1-10

Dead

Thor would probably die nowadays firing it too.

I can see the GB bouncing off of prime and coming back and killing Thor.

Sh3nG L0nG

Damborgson
Fair enough, although I wasn't trying to say Yat could exactly replicate Hal's feat, as Hal's willpower could be greater than Yat's, only that I was replying to an earlier statement someone made that none of these "Supermen" besides prime have any form of resistance. Well, the ring should be at least CAPABLE of providing SOME form of magic resistance.

thumb up

Branlor Swift

-Pr-
All Star is no more likely to survive it than Preboot Superman.

cdtm
This would be more interesting, if you lined up all the "Supermans" and saw how far down the blast could travel. Sort of like that trick of lining up backpacks to see how far a bullet penetrates.

Sh3nG L0nG
And Galactus has eaten suns while weakened.

He still got fudged up by the Godblast.
I can eat an apple with joy, but throw it at me and you will fudge me badly.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by -Pr-
All Star is no more likely to survive it than Preboot Superman.
I disagree as pre reboot did not have a bio electric shield, nor did he have a massive sun dip.
P.s. I don't think either of us will budge on our stance here. We might as well agree to disagree now.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
I can eat an apple with joy, but throw it at me and you will fudge me badly. You sound like a puss.

No offense.

-Pr-
I disagree as pre reboot did not have a bio electric shield, nor did he have a massive sun dip.
P.s. I don't think either of us will budge on our stance here. We might as well agree to disagree now.

Preboot had a bio aura for years. It was only in the latter stages that it was done away with, and he became just that durable.

His durability wasn't lessened in any real way. Especially considering the fact that preboot could enter and leave the sun without any danger, which wasn't something All Star could do.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by Mindset
You sound like a puss.

No offense.
I don't give a shit what some internet dude thinks of me, so no offense taken.

Mindset
I don't give a shit what some internet dude thinks of me, so no offense taken. thumb up

vince_slice
I can eat an apple with joy, but throw it at me and you will fudge me badly.
So if I threw a small apple at you, you'd run in fear for your life?

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by -Pr-
Preboot had a bio aura for years. It was only in the latter stages that it was done away with, and he became just that durable.

His durability wasn't lessened in any real way. Especially considering the fact that preboot could enter and leave the sun without any danger, which wasn't something All Star could do.

Learn something new every day I guess, though I don't remember supes ever using the bio aura defensively as All-Star. Also to be fair, the only reason why all-star was affected in such a way was for the sake of the story.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by vince_slice
So if I threw a small apple at you, you'd run in fear for your life?
No, but I wouldn't enjoy the feeling either, especially if you throw it at my face or my nuts.

Branlor Swift
I can eat an apple with joy, but throw it at me and you will fudge me badly. Do you have hemophilia?

Supra

Supra
Originally posted by ODG
thumb up

Except that PC Superman would die the worst. His magic weakness was the worst.

Godblast is an energy attack not magical. God blast is basically the engergy within the Asgardians. Thor normally chooses to focus it through Mjolnir, but he has used his WHOLE body during the Ragnarok Arc.

Sh3nG L0nG
Do you have hemophilia?

I wasn't referring to any blood clotting of any sort, just the pain associated with being hit with an apple thrown at you full force.

Damborgson
I don't see a reason why it isn't magic based. It's Thor's essence and he is a magic being.

Not that it matters. It's raw power is enough to get the job done.

Sh3nG L0nG
Dp.

Slaanesh
i don't care about the rest..but Prime will tank it..GA Prime will laugh at it..

Supra
I don't see a reason why it isn't magic based. It's Thor's essence and he is a magic being.

Not that it matters. It's raw power is enough to get the job done.

Ok how/what is that blast going to do to Superman? Unless its disintegration based which it's not it's not going to kill Superman.

Mindset
I wasn't referring to any blood clotting of any sort, just the pain associated with being hit with an apple thrown at you full force. There's nothing to fear about apples, they can't hurt you.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by Mindset
There's nothing to fear about apples, they can't hurt you.

Lol, I don't think an apple to the nuts would feel too pleasant, perhaps we can find someone willing to test my theory. Any volunteers?

Damborgson
Originally posted by Supra
Ok how/what is that blast going to do to Superman? Unless its disintegration based which it's not it's not going to kill Superman.

Blowing his head off should do. It pierced a highskyfather afterall. And galactus.

PillarofOsiris
As I understand it, the GB is a mystical form of energy so it is magical. Even still I think it crazy to think it can one shot kill superman. Ko is debatable.

the Darkone
7 and 9 gets stunned, the rest gets smoke, especially PC Superman his weakness against magic was ridiculous.

abhilegend
Blowing his head off should do. It pierced a highskyfather afterall. And galactus.
Current thor gets his head blown off by his own godblast, I agree.
vin

keiththegreat
I think superman would have a better shot one shotting Thor with a punch

Sabro
Meh, didn't read but since its Supermen against Godblast they die.A proper herald would survive - Thor / Surfer.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sabro
Meh, didn't read but since its Supermen against Godblast they die.A proper herald would survive - Thor / Surfer.

Its good that you think Thor would survive getting hit by his own godblast, but it's actually unlikely, even in the event it could actually happen, considering he's been one shot KO'ed by his own lightning twice, and one shot KO'ed by his own hammer at least once.

Branlor Swift
Thor ripped through a being with all of the Dark God's power and Odin's added to her own with a Godblast.

No herald is surviving it.

the Darkone
Thor ripped through a being with all of the Dark God's power and Odin's added to her own with a Godblast.

No herald is surviving it.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.