Qui Gon Jinn vs Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mnat801
Scenario 1: TPM Jinn vs Ventress

Scenario 2: Jinn vs Ventress (say if Qui gon had survived against Maul, then went on training and gained war experience in the clone wars, would he do better against Ventress?)

DARTH POWER
Scenario 1:

I'd say Current Ventress and TPM Maul are probably pretty close in Saber prowess. So it would be a repeat of TPM where Qui-Gon puts up a fight but ultimately dies.

Scenario 2:

Stupid and purely speculative scenario. Because how could anyone possibly know that??

Rookwood
Originally posted by mnat801
Scenario 1: TPM Jinn vs Ventress

Jinn gets cut down.

Originally posted by mnat801

Scenario 2: Jinn vs Ventress (say if Qui gon had survived against Maul, then went on training and gained war experience in the clone wars, would he do better against Ventress?)

Well, if we consider how much more powerful and skilled his student became, through the course of AotC to RotS - I'd say it's a pretty good bet, that a War-exposed Qui Gon would possibly become a whole lot more skilled and focused.

Yes, a War-sharpened Qui Gon would overcome Ventress.

TPM Qui Gon, though? No.

TheOneOfMortis
Qui-Gon with ease. Qui-Gon is crinimally underated over here it seems. He was one of the most powerful Jedis of all time, and arguably more powerful than Yoda. It took the greatest Sith Warrior of the times to strike him down.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by TheOneOfMortis
He was one of the most powerful Jedis of all time, and arguably more powerful than Yoda.

You high on too much Christmas Pudding??

It took the greatest Sith Warrior of the times to strike him down.

You mean the same Sith Warrior who even with the aid of his brother got bested by Kenobi?? And is due to get stomped by Sidious, again with the aid of his brother..

Is that the Sith Warrior your talking about??

TheOneOfMortis
He is much weaker in the cartoon then in the movies, plus cartoon is questioble level of canon, hence grievous being underpowered.,

DARTH POWER
He is much weaker in the cartoon then in the movies,

He's actually more powerful by the time he faces Sidious. As described in the novel Darth Maul: Shadow Warrior. Out in a few days btw.

plus cartoon is questioble level of canon, hence grievous being underpowered.,

Nope it's T-Canon. Higher canon than everything except the films.

How people still like arguing it's canonicity when... the first episode was a movie released in the cinema, when it says "created and executive produced by George Lucas", and when most the main plot ideas (including bringing Maul back) all came from Lucas dircetly, and when Leeland Chee has clearly confirmed it's high canonicity level a long time ago.... is beyond me.

Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.

Eminence
Qui-Gon might be the most luxuriously sexy Jedi Knight in the saga.

TheOneOfMortis
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.
Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.Also it's funny you call yourself TheOneOfMORTIS and use the Mortis episodes as part of your claim for why Qui-Gon is such a force god, but then question the shows canonicity when it suits you.

Hey buddy, the zoo just rang and they want you back at 6.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Eminence
Qui-Gon might be the most luxuriously sexy Jedi Knight in the saga.

Yep that's canonically noted.

Hey buddy, the zoo just rang and they want you back at 6.

Try debating and giving a thoughtful response. If you can't then it isn't me who should be going to the Zoo!

Arhael
Well, if we consider how much more powerful and skilled his student became, through the course of AotC to RotS - I'd say it's a pretty good bet, that a War-exposed Qui Gon would possibly become a whole lot more skilled and focused.

Yes, a War-sharpened Qui Gon would overcome Ventress.

TPM Qui Gon, though? No.
I read two first books from Jedi Apprentice series, there is another 18 or something. To be honest it would make more sense, if Kenobi just lost shape prior to fight with Dooku, than gained better skill after. I guess the more books writers make, the slower learners characters become. erm

mnat801
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Scenario 1:

I'd say Current Ventress and TPM Maul are probably pretty close in Saber prowess. So it would be a repeat of TPM where Qui-Gon puts up a fight but ultimately dies.

Scenario 2:

Stupid and purely speculative scenario. Because how could anyone possibly know that?? Why do you think its stupid? I thought it was an interesting scenario.

Raptor22
Qui-Gon with ease. Qui-Gon is crinimally underated over here it seems. He was one of the most powerful Jedis of all time, and arguably more powerful than Yoda. It took the greatest Sith Warrior of the times to strike him down. weren't there only 2 sith during mauls time? Him and palpatine. And he's clearly not above Palpatine, so wouldn't he be the worst sith warrior of his time?

NewGuy01
Ventress in a good fight.

TheOneOfMortis
Originally posted by Raptor22
weren't there only 2 sith during mauls time? Him and palpatine. And he's clearly not above Palpatine, so wouldn't he be the worst sith warrior of his time?

Sids was more powerful at the time but Maul was better warrior and most likely had a higher midi count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.