Black Lantern JLA Vs The Worthy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47452/1195913-gl_51_023_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/1897580-1310142937_large.jpg

SevenShackles
I'll say the worthy should win.

Zack Fair
Black Lanterns for the wtflolstomp.

googol
Originally posted by Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47452/1195913-gl_51_023_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/1897580-1310142937_large.jpg JLA is a good match, BL JLA is overkill

carver9
Worthy wins.

Damborgson
Black lanterns easily. Kurrth and Nul being the last ones standing most likely but they'll get their hearts ripped out sooner or later.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Black lanterns easily. Kurrth and Nul being the last ones standing most likely but they'll get their hearts ripped out sooner or later.

Absorbing man was pretty powerful as well. I can see him mimicking the entire team.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Absorbing man was pretty powerful as well. I can see him mimicking the entire team.

Can he stop Deathstorm from turning him into salt? wink

Damborgson

oh yeah absorbing man could cause some troubles to.

Sin I AM
Black jl, worthy had troubles with Thor and piotr

cdtm
How can JLA stop the Juggernaut?

And how could Worthy stop a black lantern, especially one as powerful as Superman?

Golgo13
Originally posted by cdtm
How can JLA stop the Juggernaut?

And how could Worthy stop a black lantern, especially one as powerful as Superman?

Encase him into Inerton?

carver9
Nul, Kuurth, and Absorbingman would be the key factors here.

Golgo13
MM, Kal, and Deathstorm would be the power players for the BL's.

Parmaniac
Can he stop Deathstorm from turning him into salt? wink can a mod stop you from making Marvel spite threads?

As for the thread, Worthy have 0 options to permanently take the BLs out...

Golgo13
Originally posted by Parmaniac
can a mod stop you from making Marvel spite threads?

As for the thread, Worthy have 0 options to permanently take the BLs out...

According to our most celebrated poster, Carver, it's not spite. wink

PillarofOsiris
Lol at anyone who thinks the worthy have a chance. There are BLs who should be able to solo them. This should be closed as a wtfspitestomp.

Parmaniac
According to our most celebrated poster, Carver, it's not spite. wink http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/410/250/5d2.gif

Golgo13
Don't hate on Carver, he knows all.

psycho gundam
can a mod stop you from making Marvel spite threads?
lol evil face

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
+1

Slaanesh
Black Lanterns..the worthy don't have what it takes to take them out..

-Pr-
I really don't see how Absorbing Man can mimic the BLs, tbh.

DarkOdin
I wonder if the black lanterns would fare well against grey gargole, Befroth he became one of the worthy he could turn Thor to stone, with his upgrade in might be able to solo granted it is stupid but doesn the black lanterns have and answer to that???

DarkOdin
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really don't see how Absorbing Man can mimic the BLs, tbh. He was able to absorb some of the Odinpower at his standard level , why wouldn't he being he is upgraded from there

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkOdin
He was able to absorb some of the Odinpower at his standard level , why wouldn't he being he is upgraded from there

And what exactly would he absorb? The Black ring's power? the abilities of the person he's fighting?

Golgo13
I wonder if the black lanterns would fare well against grey gargole, Befroth he became one of the worthy he could turn Thor to stone, with his upgrade in might be able to solo granted it is stupid but doesn the black lanterns have and answer to that???

Deathstorm=turning him to salt.

DarkOdin
Deathstorm=turning him to salt. The worthy have a immunity to magic from the asgaradians runes on there bodies

zopzop
They'd just reform. They ALWAYS reform unless their connection to the Ring is severed. And NO ONE on Team Worthy is capable of doing that.

Fodder BL's were atomized and then incinerated in the molten core of a planet and they were STILL reforming (although they were constantly being destroyed).

Being turned to stone isn't going to phase them.

He was able to absorb some of the Odinpower at his standard level , why wouldn't he being he is upgraded from there
Because the power behind the Rings, Nekron, is greater than Odin?

The worthy have a immunity to magic from the asgaradians runes on there bodies
Luckily for Deathstorm, he doesn't use magic.

DarkOdin
And what exactly would he absorb? The Black ring's power? the abilities of the person he's fighting? The black rings powers, he would turn into a black lantern himself i guess

-Pr-
That's pushing it, imo.

zopzop
The black rings powers, he would turn into a black lantern himself i guess Originally posted by -Pr-
That's pushing it, imo.
Not really. Even if he did turn into a BL himself, he'd just be under the control of the Ring and Nekron. Turning into a BL is the worst thing he could do.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by zopzop
They'd just reform. They ALWAYS reform unless their connection to the Ring is severed. And NO ONE on Team Worthy is capable of doing that.

Fodder BL's were atomized and then incinerated in the molten core of a planet and they were STILL reforming (although they were constantly being destroyed).

Being turned to stone isn't going to phase them.

Because the power behind the Rings, Nekron, is greater than Odin?

Luckily for Deathstorm, he doesn't use magic.

But if they have to reform is that not an auto win in a form amtach this isn't a battle to the death??

The rings are only a small portion of Nerkon which is debatable on what would be more powerfull the Odinpower or the ring

On so how doesn deathstorm's power work????

-Pr-
Not really. Even if he did turn into a BL himself, he'd just be under the control of the Ring and Nekron. Turning into a BL is the worst thing he could do.

Why do you think I said it?

DarkOdin
Not really. Even if he did turn into a BL himself, he'd just be under the control of the Ring and Nekron. Turning into a BL is the worst thing he could do. Not in a forum match, Mekron would have little to do with it.

Golgo13
The worthy have a immunity to magic from the asgaradians runes on there bodies

Deathstorm does not equal magic.

zopzop
But if they have to reform is that not an auto win in a form amtach this isn't a battle to the death??
You don't understand, this isn't "They reform 5 mins later", they CONSTANTLY reform. This assumes the "turning to stone" trick would work in the first place.

Depends on how much Odinpower we are talking about.

"Science" based. He was even bonded with a physicist or something.

Not in a forum match, Mekron would have little to do with it.
If you are a BL you are automatically under Nekron's control. Aspects of God couldn't resist, what makes you think Absorbing Man would?

DarkOdin
Why do you think I said it? But what would it matter IF he turned to a black lantern he would still fight on what ever side the OPs stats I mean what would be the case if someone made a black lantern vs a black lanterns match

-Pr-
But what would it matter IF he turned to a black lantern he would still fight on what ever side the OPs stats I mean what would be the case if someone made a black lantern vs a black lanterns match

Because it's not the same thing. If he becomes a black lantern, he'd fight alongside them.

DarkOdin
Because it's not the same thing. If he becomes a black lantern, he'd fight alongside them. Thas assuming the ring can override

the soul of the hammer, plus the serpent magic, It is not like the absorbing man is in control of his body,

-Pr-
Thas assuming the ring can override

the soul of the hammer, plus the serpent magic, It is not like the absorbing man is in control of his body,

You're assuming that AM can absorb and mimic it in the first place, and I don't think he can.

SquallX
Thas assuming the ring can override

The ring is able to control being far more powerful than both the Serpent and Odin.

Golgo13
Yeah, like Spectre and Swamp Thing.

DarkOdin
Yeah, like Spectre and Swamp Thing. but isn't b/c they are dead it can control them in the first place

DarkOdin
You're assuming that AM can absorb and mimic it in the first place, and I don't think he can. Absrobing man has done so to the Odinpower and the sentry/void powerset, He has not show a limit to what he can assorb only how much he does is were he runs into problems

-Pr-
He doesn't get a no-limit assumption, though.

ODG
He doesn't get a no-limit assumption, though. Absorbing Man should be accorded the limits he's displayed on-panel. Which, so far, encompasses high-powered artifact weapons like Mjolnir. I find it hard to believe anybody would argue that a black ring's power lies beyond that. A black ring =/= Nekron anymore than Mjolnir =/= raw Odinforce. Except Creel actually absorbed the raw Odinforce's properties. Originally posted by SquallX
The ring is able to control being far more powerful than both the Serpent and Odin. So long as they're actually dead. Beyond that specific characteristic, you had someone like John Stewart mimicking a BL's power just fine without turning into a mindless slave to Nekron.

pym-ftw
Lanterns stomp unless the worthy get serpent and the lanterns don't get swampthing, spectre, and Nekron

But seriously this is spite, both in power and numbers

Parmaniac
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lanterns stomp unless the worthy get serpent and the lanterns don't get swampthing, spectre, and Nekron

But seriously this is spite, both in power and numbers Black Lantern JLA Vs The Worthy

pym-ftw
Ah, still without a white light source, I have no idea how the worthy could put down a single bl jla member.

Parmaniac
thumb up

SquallX
Originally posted by ODG
Absorbing Man should be accorded the limits he's displayed on-panel. Which, so far, encompasses high-powered artifact weapons like Mjolnir. I find it hard to believe anybody would argue that a black ring's power lies beyond that. A black ring =/= Nekron anymore than Mjolnir =/= raw Odinforce. Except Creel actually absorbed the raw Odinforce's properties. So long as they're actually dead. Beyond that specific characteristic, you had someone like John Stewart mimicking a BL's power just fine without turning into a mindless slave to Nekron.

Last I checked, the Spectre is not dead. He's an entity, but the Soul that resides in the Spectre is dead.

Lord Feron
IMO Grey Gargoyle is key here. He has the power to transmute them nto stone in a instant and therefore win it for the worthy. Other than that it would be a stalemate or BL win. Stalemate only because I don't think has anyone can stop kuurth.

iceman24567
Deathstrom has better transmutation feats

Parmaniac
Also it's the rings that copy paste dead heroes so even if you turn a BL into stone and shatter it, the ring will simply reform it. The ring can't get transformed into stone cause it has no eyes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Last I checked, the Spectre is not dead. He's an entity, but the Soul that resides in the Spectre is dead. The rings controlled those who had died. That was pretty much thrown onto the readers lap. You can't deny it.

iceman24567
The ring can't get transformed into stone cause it has no eyes. laughing

SevenShackles
Question, if absorbing man did copy the black lantern rings with no il effects what power/advantage would he gain from them?

And when it comes to gargoyle the assumption seems to be he will turn them to stone then break them enabling them to reconstruct themselves.. What if he just turned them to stone and let them be? I'd imagine only firestorm would be able to do something at that point and would have to deal with all of the worthy at once.

Am I missing something here?

zopzop
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Question, if absorbing man did copy the black lantern rings with no il effects what power/advantage would he gain from them?
Nothing! He'd be under Nekron's control, like all the other BLs.

They'll just reconstitute their corpse form. That's the whole point. FODDER BLs were crushed into atoms and dragged into the molten core of a planet and they were STILL reforming.

If he turned them to stone and shattered them, they'd instantly reform. If he left them stone, they'd instantly reconstitute their corpse form. That's the whole point of them. You need to sever their connection to their ring to put them down.

ODG
^ Despite wholly ignoring (for some baffling reason) John Stewart not becoming a mindless slave when he mimicked the BL's power -- if Nekron isn't even in this thread to theoretically control him, it's not a relevant consideration to this thread. Originally posted by SquallX
Last I checked, the Spectre is not dead. He's an entity, but the Soul that resides in the Spectre is dead. But Spectre was bound to Crispus Allen who died. Hallax discovered this when he dove into BL Spectre and found his corpse taken by the black ring in Green Lantern #51:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/CrispusAllen01.jpg

SevenShackles

They'll just reconstitute their corpse form. That's the whole point. FODDER BLs were crushed into atoms and dragged into the molten core of a planet and they were STILL reforming.

If he turned them to stone and shattered them, they'd instantly reform. If he left them stone, they'd instantly reconstitute their corpse form. That's the whole point of them. You need to sever their connection to their ring to put them down.

Thanks for the explanation cool

Lord Feron

I understand the fodder bl were being destroyed and constantly reforming but i don't see how that is a transmutation reversal feat.

But you also said the rings would allow them to go back to normal if turned to solid stone. I can't remember if a BL was turned into something besides being blasted, melted, torn apart, or whatever and was able to change himself back to normal undead tissue. Kinda like if someon e has a crazy healing factor and can come back from anything i wouldn't assume he can resist or reverse being turned into something totally different.

Golgo13
I doubt GG can transmute someone like Deathstorm, who can do a lot worse to GG or MM who can use his powers.

zopzop
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I understand the fodder bl were being destroyed and constantly reforming but i don't see how that is a transmutation reversal feat.

But you also said the rings would allow them to go back to normal if turned to solid stone. I can't remember if a BL was turned into something besides being blasted, melted, torn apart, or whatever and was able to change himself back to normal undead tissue. Kinda like if someon e has a crazy healing factor and can come back from anything i wouldn't assume he can resist or reverse being turned into something totally different.
The weakest Hulk, Grey Hulk, resisted being turned to stone by Grey Gargoyle.

Transmuting them to stone, salt, etc... wouldn't be that different from atomizing them. In fact, reforming from being atomized >>>>>>>>>>>>>>feat then reconstituting their corpse form if transmuted to another element/substance.

The only way to end them is to break their connection to their Ring. This point was driven across throughout the entire Blackest Night event.

carver9
Forgot about Grey Gorg, he can mess some stuff up. Worthy wins. For one, don't see how they are dropping Kuurth or Nul...add on Absorbing man and Grey G, the worthies wins.

carver9
@Zop Zop...

Just because Hulk resisted transmutation doesn't mean the Black Lanterns could as well unless you have someone showing they have the same resistance as Hulk. Scans.

zopzop
@Zop Zop...

Just because Hulk resisted transmutation doesn't mean the Black Lanterns could as well unless you have someone showing they have the same resistance as Hulk. Scans.
FODDER BLs had the ability to totally reconstruct themselves from being ATOMIZED.

Show me any regen feat from the Hulk that matches that, then we'll talk.

Parmaniac
don't see how they are dropping Kuurth While I can to a certain point agree with this, I love how you can somehow see the Worthy dropping beings that need emotional light or some kind of emotion inducing shit to take them out. Which clearly non of the Worthy has.

carver9
FODDER BLs had the ability to totally reconstruct themselves from being ATOMIZED.

Show me any regen feat from the Hulk that matches that, then we'll talk.

Being atomized and being tranmuted are two different things. You need to provide proof showing they can resist transmutation and bringing up Hulk isn't that proof.

Zack Fair
While I can to a certain point agree with this, I love how you can somehow see the Worthy dropping beings that need emotional light or some kind of emotion inducing shit to take them out. Which clearly non of the Worthy has. Double standards for the win?

carver9
While I can to a certain point agree with this, I love how you can somehow see the Worthy dropping beings that need emotional light or some kind of emotion inducing shit to take them out. Which clearly non of the Worthy has.

So they are resistant to blunt force.?

Parmaniac
So they are resistant to blunt force.? They keep reforming non stop, Supes punched off BL Supes jaw with literally 0 effect. Not to mention the examples Zopzop listed that even if youz completely incenerate them it won't do shit.

zopzop
Being atomized and being tranmuted are two different things. You need to provide proof showing they can resist transmutation and bringing up Hulk isn't that proof.
Actually no they aren't and being atomized is far worse than being transmuted into stone (granite?).

Being atomized means being broken down into ATOMS. Being transmuted into another substance is less devastating than this because all you are doing is rearranging MOLECULES.

http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/biobk/biobookchem1.html

So being transformed into granite or stone which is nothing more than changing the combination of their MOLECULES is LESS than what they've already, ON PANEL, reconstituted from.

ODG

I don't get what all these arguments are about. Geo-Force turned BL Terra into stone.

Golgo13

How is he going to transmute someone who can turn intangible? Can he resist transmutation himself?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ODG

I don't get what all these arguments are about. Geo-Force turned BL Terra into stone. If this is a solution for the main prob stays unclear. The ring was destroyed by Halo. Actually the fact that Halo destroyed the ring hints that turning her to stone wouldn't got the job donw.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by ODG

I don't get what all these arguments are about. Geo-Force turned BL Terra into stone.

Oh Wow I totally forgot all about that.
If that can be accepted as a means of KO and the such then wouldnt it come down to the individual durability/resistance to being turned to stone by the individual characters in question such as Martian manhunter and firestorm.

Is their no magic Or ability associated with the worthy than could be used here? Are the rings resistant to brute strength? As in can't be crushed or destroyed with force.

zopzop
If this is a solution for the main prob stays unclear. The ring was destroyed by Halo. Actually the fact that Halo destroyed the ring hints that turning her to stone wouldn't got the job donw.
+1!
Originally posted by SevenShackles
If that can be accepted as a means of KO and the such then wouldnt it come down to the individual durability/resistance to being turned to stone by the individual characters in question such as Martian manhunter and firestorm.

Is their no magic Or ability associated with the worthy than could be used here? Are the rings resistant to brute strength? As in can't be crushed or destroyed with force.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/15/geoff-johns-inside-blackest-night-part-two

carver9
Originally posted by ODG

Lol...so they have been turned to stone? Woooooowwwww.

ODG
^ Yes. Which made these past few arguments baffling. Originally posted by Parmaniac
If this is a solution for the main prob stays unclear. The ring was destroyed by Halo. Actually the fact that Halo destroyed the ring hints that turning her to stone wouldn't got the job donw. Speculation. Like some of you have pointed out, BLs reform instantly. BL Terra wasn't reforming or even beginning to reform at all. She was just stopped cold. Originally posted by SevenShackles

Is their no magic Or ability associated with the worthy than could be used here? Are the rings resistant to brute strength? As in can't be crushed or destroyed with force. Deathstorm could revert others back to normal, and fight off his own transmutation I suppose. Not sure if J'onn's shapeshifting offers any resistance to Mokk's (Grey Gargoyle) transmutative effect.

The BL rings/effects were hardly invincible or impervious to everything beyond the emotional spectrum. They were destroyed/severed by a variety of things. Negative Man's charge, Dr. Light's blast, Speedforce, Wonder Woman's love (lol), Osiris' shazam bolt, etc.

Even another Black Lantern in control of themselves can destroy other Black Lanterns (Jericho did this). Which is why Greithoth (Absorbing Man) absorbing their BL properties is an interesting and viable gambit.

Zack Fair
Wonder Woman's love?

Golgo13
Lol...so they have been turned to stone? Woooooowwwww.

They who? Just because one BL can be turned to stone, doesn't mean the others can, especially if they can use their powers.

ODG
^ They better fight with their eyes closed then. Originally posted by Zack Fair
Wonder Woman's love? Lol, yea. Blackest Night #6. The newly deputized rings seek out new Lanterns, and even though BL Wonder Woman wasn't bathed in GL light, the violet ring latched onto Wonder Woman's love and severed the connection.

carver9
They who? Just because one BL can be turned to stone, doesn't mean the others can, especially if they can use their powers.

The proof is on you. Show us them overcoming transmutation.

Golgo13
Did the BL's show they can use their powers along with the ring? I know some did like Deathstorm.

ODG
^ Of course they did. They were fighting pretty well with their powers. Hell, Deathstorm was fighting better because normal Firestorm couldn't affect organics, but Deathstom could.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ODG
Speculation. Like some of you have pointed out, BLs reform instantly. BL Terra wasn't reforming or even beginning to reform at all. She was just stopped cold. http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae208/comics66/spoil/blackestnight/Outsiders25/30.jpg

And where exactly should she reverse back? she's stone in 1 panel the next severs the connection.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/BlackestNightWonderWoman1020021-1.jpg

these BLs came back too.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ODG
The BL rings/effects were hardly invincible or impervious to everything beyond the emotional spectrum. They were destroyed/severed by a variety of things. Negative Man's charge, Dr. Light's blast, Speedforce, Wonder Woman's love (lol), Osiris' shazam bolt, etc. Originally posted by ODG
Lol, yea. Blackest Night #6. The newly deputized rings seek out new Lanterns, and even though BL Wonder Woman wasn't bathed in GL light, the violet ring latched onto Wonder Woman's love and severed the connection. Just killed your own argument.

ODG
^ What argument? It was Wonder Woman's love that did it. No other Lantern ever severed their own connection without a color combo. Just another forced attempt to make Wonder Woman special. Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae208/comics66/spoil/blackestnight/Outsiders25/30.jpg

And where exactly should she reverse back? she's stone in 1 panel the next severs the connection. How about in the moment she's beginning to be transmuted in panel 1 as her scream of pain indicates. Or panel 2 as she's being transmuted? Or right after she's finished being transmuted in panel 3?

Brion's words and the plain presentation of the scene are self-evident. Brion states matter-of-factly, that Terra will be stone, forever. Brion isn't sh1tting his pants and wondering just how they're going to destroy the BL ring because she's about to reanimate. Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/BlackestNightWonderWoman1020021-1.jpg

these BLs came back too. What does this have to do with anything?

Parmaniac
The proof is on you. Show us them overcoming transmutation. Just priceless I'll use the same argument when someone knocks She-Hulk out to argue that the same punch knocks Hulk out.

TheGodKiller
Just killed your own argument.
How? That's merely him expanding/elaborating upon what he already said in the previous post, in response to Zack's query about WW's love.

Your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
How? That's merely him expanding/elaborating upon what he already said in the previous post, in response to Zack's query about WW's love.

Your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. You should adress me as soon as you have learned to read properly. And no he didn't if you want to smartass around at least be good at it.

But before you want to start shit here, and I know that this is gonna happen, here's why: He said Wonder Woman's love destroyed the ring concealing that it was actually a violet power ring and her turning into a violet lantern that severed the connection to the black ring. That's like saying Reed Richards gave Galactus a run for his money by pointing his finger at him, not mentioning that the ultimate Nullfifier (a plot device) did the actual work here.

Parmaniac
To point this down besides light based powers and emotion infusing shit I can't recall a single instance of a BL getting killed. I'd like to see the Osiris scan because going by the fact that ODG concealed the power ring in his list or the fact that "the Speedforce" never actually destroyed a ring, Flash was merely outrunning the ring that it's lost track of him makes it very suspect.

EDIT: Also why even bring this up? Does the Worthy have access to the Speedforce? Or light based powers? emotions?

If you want to argue that the Worthy somehow will figure out a way to kill a BL / sever the connection, lol at you for accusing me of speculation.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Absorbing Man should be accorded the limits he's displayed on-panel. Which, so far, encompasses high-powered artifact weapons like Mjolnir. I find it hard to believe anybody would argue that a black ring's power lies beyond that. A black ring =/= Nekron anymore than Mjolnir =/= raw Odinforce. Except Creel actually absorbed the raw Odinforce's properties. So long as they're actually dead. Beyond that specific characteristic, you had someone like John Stewart mimicking a BL's power just fine without turning into a mindless slave to Nekron.

So what do you think would happen if Creel somehow managed to absorb the BL power?

@Zop Zop...

Stop baiting.

Parmaniac
Stop baiting. Just ask him to post Hulks feat, because ironically he was turned completely into stone too and it took a while to revert, so could have done Terra if Halo wouldn't had severed the connection.

zopzop
Stop baiting.
It's not his fault, I actually brought up the "Hulk vs Grey Gargoyle" thing in response to being "Atomized vs Transmuted".

Back on topic though, I noticed when the BLs were destroyed or right before being destroyed they were engaged by someone they had a strong emotional tie to :

BL Kal-L ------> Power Girl (first cousins)
BL Dr. Light ------> Dr. Light (children threatened)
BL Geo Force -------> Terra (sister)

Keep in mind, The Ray, an accomplished light manipulator, failed to kill any FODDER BLs with his white light attack, all he did was manage to bury them under tons of debris and he burned himself out in the process.

It seemed to me that if you don't have the White Light or Green Light + Any other Emotional Light, you MUST have some kind of emotional bond to the BL to sever their connection to their Ring with a light attack.

I don't see the Worthy being able to exploit this since NONE of the BLs have any kind of emotional tie to the Worthy.

ODG
To point this down besides light based powers and emotion infusing shit I can't recall a single instance of a BL getting killed. I'd like to see the Osiris scan because going by the fact that ODG concealed the power ring in his list or the fact that "the Speedforce" never actually destroyed a ring, Flash was merely outrunning the ring that it's lost track of him makes it very suspect. I just listed them. Read Power of Shazam #48 for shazam bolt destroying the rings. The Speedforce did destroy a ring. Barry freed BL Bart Allen in Black Night: Flash #3, you're thinking about when Barry earlier time traveled by 2 seconds. And I didn't conceal anything with the Wonder Woman love feat. Star Sapphires cannot sever connections on their own. So obviously, her power wasn't the cause of the connection being severed. Star Sapphire just tapped Wonder Woman's love and it was her love itself that severed the connection "because she loves the world more than anyone else."

If you're going to accuse me of lying, at least read the comics. Now feel free to sit down and shut up until you do. Originally posted by Parmaniac
EDIT: Also why even bring this up? Does the Worthy have access to the Speedforce? Or light based powers? emotions?

If you want to argue that the Worthy somehow will figure out a way to kill a BL / sever the connection, lol at you for accusing me of speculation. Somebody was asking how durable the rings were.

You aren't even making any sense. You obviously have only read the main event issues (if even that) and never read any of the tie-ins. Originally posted by -Pr-
So what do you think would happen if Creel somehow managed to absorb the BL power? Become this supposedly unstoppable BL and bring this thread to an endless stalemate based on the ridiculous no-limit fallacies being pushed onto the BLs regenerative properties. Or just tap into it like John Stewart and destroy all the BLs with his BL power like Jericho did. Or just even up the playing field.

-Pr-
It's not his fault, I actually brought up the "Hulk vs Grey Gargoyle" thing in response to being "Atomized vs Transmuted".

Back on topic though, I noticed when the BLs were destroyed or right before being destroyed they were engaged by someone they had a strong emotional tie to :

Keep in mind, The Ray, an accomplished light manipulator, failed to kill any FODDER BLs with his white light attack, all he did was manage to bury them under tons of debris and he burned himself out in the process.

It seemed to me that if you don't have the White Light or Green Light + Any other Emotional Light, you MUST have some kind of emotional bond to the BL to sever their connection to their Ring with a light attack.

I don't see the Worthy being able to exploit this since NONE of the BLs have any kind of emotional tie to the Worthy.

So I should blame you too?

Originally posted by ODG
I just listed them. Read Power of Shazam #48 for shazam bolt destroying the rings. The Speedforce did destroy a ring. Barry freed BL Bart Allen in Black Night: Flash #3, you're thinking about when Barry earlier time traveled by 2 seconds. And I didn't conceal anything with the Wonder Woman love feat. Star Sapphires cannot sever connections on their own. So obviously, her power wasn't the cause of the connection being severed. Star Sapphire just tapped Wonder Woman's love and it was her love itself that severed the connection "because she loves the world more than anyone else."

If you're going to accuse me of lying, at least read the comics. Now feel free to sit down and shut up until you do. Somebody was asking how durable the rings were.

You aren't even making any sense. You obviously have only read the main event issues (if even that) and never read any of the tie-ins. Become this supposedly unstoppable BL and bring this thread to an endless stalemate based on the ridiculous no-limit fallacies being pushed onto the BLs regenerative properties. Or just tap into it like John Stewart and destroy all the BLs with his BL power like Jericho did. Or just even up the playing field.

Okay.

TheGodKiller
You should adress me as soon as you have learned to read properly. And no he didn't if you want to smartass around at least be good at it.
This advice is far more applicable to yourself than to me. I am laughing out loudly and heartily at your silliness and tendency to self-pwn.

But before you want to start shit here, and I know that this is gonna happen, here's why: He said Wonder Woman's love destroyed the ring concealing that it was actually a violet power ring and her turning into a violet lantern that severed the connection to the black ring. That's like saying Reed Richards gave Galactus a run for his money by pointing his finger at him, not mentioning that the ultimate Nullfifier (a plot device) did the actual work here.

I don't even need to address this inapplicable analogy with Reed and the Ultimate Nullifier because ODG already explained(yet again) the incident with Diana's love and the Black Ring:
Originally posted by ODG
And I didn't conceal anything with the Wonder Woman love feat. Star Sapphires cannot sever connections on their own. So obviously, her power wasn't the cause of the connection being severed. Star Sapphire just tapped Wonder Woman's love and it was her love itself that severed the connection "because she loves the world more than anyone else."
Ciao.

Golgo13

Do you see the Ray as one of the most formidable light/energy manipulators in comics?

zopzop
Do you see the Ray as one of the most formidable light/energy manipulators in comics?
Hell yeah. His fight with Lobo cemented that fact to me (surviving an anti-matter attack and not even being KOed all because he had that much control over his body, which is composed entirely of energy).

And as we saw in Final Crisis, it's not just light, it's the entire EM Spectrum.

quanchi112
Worthy, hands down.

Golgo13
Hell yeah. His fight with Lobo cemented that fact to me (surviving an anti-matter attack and not even being KOed all because he had that much control over his body, which is composed entirely of energy).

And as we saw in Final Crisis, it's not just light, it's the entire EM Spectrum.

The entire EM Spectrum?! Is he more formidable than Dr. Light? (Arthur)

ODG

I don't get this. Ray did destroy BLs:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Ray01.jpg

-Pr-
Ray could use the white light, though, couldn't he?

zopzop
Ray could use the white light, though, couldn't he?
They reformed I beleive. He could produce white light but not THE white light. I have that issue but it's been a while.

The entire EM Spectrum?! Is he more formidable than Dr. Light? (Arthur)
Yup. It was stated AND proven during Final Crisis. I have that issue too.

EDIT -
As to being more formidable than Dr. Light? I'm not sure. I don't know how powerful either of the Dr. Lights were.

ODG
Ray could use the white light, though, couldn't he? Or something like it. Like Dr. Light did. Originally posted by zopzop
They reformed I beleive. He could produce white light but not THE white light. I have that issue but it's been a while. Err, no they didn't. It's why that one BL got pissed off and ranted about how that'd be the last BL he destroyed. Which necessarily presumes that he actually destroyed that one, among others.

Golgo13
They reformed I beleive. He could produce white light but not THE white light. I have that issue but it's been a while.

Yup. It was stated AND proven during Final Crisis. I have that issue too.

EDIT -
As to being more formidable than Dr. Light? I'm not sure. I don't know how powerful either of the Dr. Lights were.

Ray is boss. thumb up I doubt he could take Deathstrom, though.

zopzop
Ray is boss. thumb up I doubt he could take Deathstrom, though.
He most definitely is! Here is the proof that he's not just limited to light, but he can use any energy in the EM Spectrum, this is from Final Crisis :
http://imageshack.us/a/img42/232/spectrumx.th.jpg

In fact that Weird Western Tales was actually a LOW showing for him. He never transformed into his energy/light form at all during the entire issue. So it pissed me off when he was shot by one of the zombies and he was bleeding profusely, that he didn't just transform into his light form. He heals all wounds when he does that and transforms back to his human form, we've seen this on panel (he was paralyzed from the neck down in his human form but instantly healed himself when he went light form then switched back)!

Back to the BL thing, he had his hands full (LITERALLY) containing ONE ring :
http://imageshack.us/a/img571/403/containz.th.jpg

And previously he was merely driving them back :
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/4170/severed.th.jpg

The thing that struck me as odd about the entire issue, aside from Ray's low showing, is that the Zombies were after ONE ring. The Zombies in the raid didn't seem to be wearing Black Lantern Rings and this is kind of proven when one of them is "destroyed" there is no "Connection Severed" message. In fact, there was NO 'connection severed' message in that entire issue, even when he went "Nova" toward the end and wound up burying himself under all that debris along with the rest of the Zombies.

comicfan11
BL JLA

ODG
Back to the BL thing, he had his hands full (LITERALLY) containing ONE ring :
http://imageshack.us/a/img571/403/containz.th.jpg

And previously he was merely driving them back :
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/4170/severed.th.jpg

The thing that struck me as odd about the entire issue, aside from Ray's low showing, is that the Zombies were after ONE ring. The Zombies in the raid didn't seem to be wearing Black Lantern Rings and this is kind of proven when one of them is "destroyed" there is no "Connection Severed" message. In fact, there was NO 'connection severed' message in that entire issue, even when he went "Nova" toward the end and wound up burying himself under all that debris along with the rest of the Zombies. That's not odd at all as it isn't the only time that's happened. Off the top of my head, when SBP destroyed the BLs that were hounding him with his inexplicable emotional spectrum burst, there was no "connection severed" message there either.

Either way, the absence of evidence (no "connection severed" msg) isn't evidence of absence (the BLs weren't destroyed). And this absence of evidence definitely should not override the evidence we do have (BL bein pissed off Ray destroyed another BL among others).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.