Epic War of fantasy films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Ultimate movie war
Each side has all movie characters good and evil on a gigantic planet with no modern day weapons if they appear in these films. The only weapons are medieval(swords, arrows, etc.)and magic.
They are numbered randomly but in no way an order in which I see them.
1. Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit
2. Harry Potter
3. Willow
4. Underworld
5. Sorcerer's Apprentice
6. Snow White and the Huntsman
7. The Last Airbender
8. Chronicles of Narnia
9. Avatar
10. John Carter

Now if you aren't familiar with every franchise or film feel free to weigh in anyway. Each side has two weeks to prepare for all out war and are stationed 50 miles away on an earth like planet in a circle.

quanchi112
Can this be moved to the versus thread.

Tzeentch._
retard

juggerman
Harry Potter stomps

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
retard You shouldn't speak that way of yourself. Originally posted by juggerman
Harry Potter stomps Really ?

juggerman
Originally posted by quanchi112
Really ?

Yes

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Yes Which film based army comes in second ?

juggerman
Haven't seen Willow or John Carter but for second place i'd hafta go with LotR.

What about you quan?

quanchi112
Haven't seen Willow or John Carter but for second place i'd hafta go with LotR.

What about you quan? I honestly see this coming down to Lotr and Harry Potter. I probably give Lotr the nod. Due to Sauron, superior numbers, and the dragon.

Ascendancy
Willow stomps. Bavmorda turns everyone into pigs and Val Kilmer roasts them all.

juggerman
I honestly see this coming down to Lotr and Harry Potter. I probably give Lotr the nod. Due to Sauron, superior numbers, and the dragon.

I see the HP guys just spamming "Killing Curses" at everybody. Plus their spells are instant, the can easily control others, set up ridiculously strong shields and traps, teleport, fly, and about a million other things. Plus they also have and army of monsters, giants, big ass spiders and Dementors.

Do the HP people get to use the Basilisk? Looking kinda spitey to me....

EDIT: I'm digging the sig quan....

Newjak
Do the LOTR guys get those Storm Giants we saw i nthe Hobbit cause if so those things are going to run rings around the Harry Potter Universe.

I also think people are sleeping on John Carter. Those Aliens were really strong, and the technology they had was quite impressive especially the blue nanotech stuff they had.

juggerman
Having the Basilisk would put the HP guys way over the top. All you have to do is look at it ad you die. And ppl wouldn't know that so everyone would look.

Plus they could probably make a shit load of that "super good luck" potion

ares834
The basalisk is probably HP's biggest weapon. However, its gaze doesn't kill everything as we see with Fawkes. Secondly, you have to see its eyes. Potentially, standing back far enough would allow one to live as they won't be able to discern its eyes.

quanchi112
I see the HP guys just spamming "Killing Curses" at everybody. Plus their spells are instant, the can easily control others, set up ridiculously strong shields and traps, teleport, fly, and about a million other things. Plus they also have and army of monsters, giants, big ass spiders and Dementors.

Do the HP people get to use the Basilisk? Looking kinda spitey to me....

EDIT: I'm digging the sig quan.... They do have an army of monsters but they pale in comparison to just the 10,000+ Uruk-Hai who stormed Helm's Deep. You have all the elves too from the war against Sauron himself. The arrows alone these armies could come up with would be legendary.

Yes, they can use the Basilisk.

Newjak brings up a good point that I left out of when I listed the LOTR strengths. Those storm giants would be quite a handful for the Hp side.

We're also going to be seeing the Necromancer and some other cool feats more or less in the next film. I know that doesn't count as of yet but Harry Potter does have more films giving it an advantage but in terms of sheer numbers. LOTR simply have too many for the Hp side to overcome. I also don't think any wizard could stand up to Sauron.Originally posted by Newjak
Do the LOTR guys get those Storm Giants we saw i nthe Hobbit cause if so those things are going to run rings around the Harry Potter Universe.

I also think people are sleeping on John Carter. Those Aliens were really strong, and the technology they had was quite impressive especially the blue nanotech stuff they had. Yes, they do. I do also think John Carter is a force due to the aliens who controlled everything and their nanotechnology.

Major_Lexington
Willow doing surprisingly well (So Far), says something about the age group of the board members I think.

-kV-
Lord of the Rings has sheer numbers. Take all the Elves, Men, Dwarves, and especially Orcs from the Battle of Dagorlad, Battle of the Pelennor Fields, Battle of Helm's Deep, Battle of Morannon, Battle of Azanulbizar combined. That's millions of combatants right there...

Impediment
The Lord of the Rings trilogy has great massive wars.

I really can't wait for the Battle of the Five Armies in the third Hobbit film.

quanchi112
It seems like the general consensus is that Lotr and Harry Potter are the two films at the top here.

elrond72
LOTR stomps. For all the reasons above plus for the HP fanboys and their reliance on Avarda Kedevra, suck on the army of the dead from ROTK. The defence rests m'lud, how do you deal with them?

Robtard
LoTR or John Carter, two most massive armies. Though I'd say LoTR in the end.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
LoTR or John Carter, two most massive armies. Though I'd say LoTR in the end. Actually the more I have thought about this this many wizards >>anything either universe has that can stop them. Voldemort would dominate these lands.

quanchi112
Can this be moved to vs. section.

Robtard
Actually the more I have thought about this this many wizards >>anything either universe has that can stop them. Voldemort would dominate these lands.

There was no "the more I have thought about", you'll swing from Voldermort's nuts no mater what as seen; you're not fooling anyone. Cry now.

quanchi112
There was no "the more I have thought about", you'll swing from Voldermort's nuts no mater what as seen; you're not fooling anyone. Cry now. Air superiority and superior magic. Lotr would be at a huge disadvantage dealing with these huge advantages. Voldemort would have another Horcrux in Sauron's ring.

Impediment
Moved per request.

quanchi112
Harry Potter wins and since no one disagrees its kmc approved.

Mindset
John Carter solos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
John Carter solos. Weak world falls before Voldemort.

FrothByte
I wonder if the HP wizard spells will affect the Balrog from LOTR.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FrothByte
I wonder if the HP wizard spells will affect the Balrog from LOTR. What do you think ?

Robtard
Air superiority and superior magic. Lotr would be at a huge disadvantage dealing with these huge advantages. Voldemort would have another Horcrux in Sauron's ring.

Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more.

quanchi112
Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. Did you miss the parts of the films where a small party dominated huge numbers of these armies or a dragon stomping the dwarves in an afternoon. Harry Potter wizards, Dementors, Giants, Centaurs, and house elves decimate these armies. Don't forget about the Basilisk either. Potter magic is too much. These massive armies fall.

Mindset
Weak world falls before Voldemort. John would break Voldemort in half, then rape his corpse.

quanchi112
John would break Voldemort in half, then rape his corpse. Wrong. John would beg for his life and ultimately lose it. Don't let Voldemort's superiority get you down.

Mindset
John was the one who punched Voldemort's nose off.

quanchi112
John was the one who punched Voldemort's nose off. Voldemort raped Johns mother and left his nose inside her to remind John of Voldemort's dominance.

Mindset
Voldemort couldn't even kill a baby, he gets stomped.

quanchi112
Voldemort couldn't even kill a baby, he gets stomped. John couldn't even save his family. Voldemort killed his parents so he still won despite all Harry's help and cheatery.

Lord Lucien
Impedimenta. It beats everyone.

Robtard
Did you miss the parts of the films where a small party dominated huge numbers of these armies or a dragon stomping the dwarves in an afternoon. Harry Potter wizards, Dementors, Giants, Centaurs, and house elves decimate these armies. Don't forget about the Basilisk either. Potter magic is too much. These massive armies fall.

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more.

quanchi112
Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. Fiendfyre equals massive death just via one spell. Dumbledore's massive firestorm spell equals massive death. One reinforced shield equals massive death and Lotr characters just staring on. Aerial combat equals massive advantage. You really aren't good at even making simple points or backing your opinion. smile

Robtard
Fiendfyre equals massive death just via one spell. Dumbledore's massive firestorm spell equals massive death. One reinforced shield equals massive death and Lotr characters just staring on. Aerial combat equals massive advantage. You really aren't good at even making simple points or backing your opinion. smile

quanchi112
Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. A dwarf and elf were making sport of raking up high numbers of killing orcs and Uruk Hai. They are easy to kill. Only a few characters can really fly and rely on monsters or eagles. Potter wizards can fly on their own, Thestrals, brooms, etc. They also can teleport.

Huge advantages. They also can easily block arrows, transfigure their opponents, read their minds, etc.

Think for once in your life with our brain.

Robtard
A dwarf and elf were making sport of raking up high numbers of killing orcs and Uruk Hai. They are easy to kill. Only a few characters can really fly and rely on monsters or eagles. Potter wizards can fly on their own, Thestrals, brooms, etc. They also can teleport.

Huge advantages. They also can easily block arrows, transfigure their opponents, read their minds, etc.

Think for once in your life with our brain.

quanchi112
Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. Putting >isn't debating if you aren't backing it up.

What can massive armies due to stop Fiendfyre ?

Bet you'll just keep running.

Robtard
Putting >isn't debating if you aren't backing it up.

What can massive armies due to stop Fiendfyre ?

Bet you'll just keep running.

100 > 1 laughing out loud

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. smile

quanchi112
100 > 1 laughing out loud

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. smile How can 1000 orcs stop Fiendfyre ? Any question I pose which tests your critical thinking you can't answer. Asking you questions is your weakness due to your let me keep repeating myself retort.

Imperio can also control the Lotr characters.

laughing out loud

Robtard
How can 1000 orcs stop Fiendfyre ? Any question I pose which tests your critical thinking you can't answer. Asking you questions is your weakness due to your let me keep repeating myself retort.

Imperio can also control the Lotr characters.

laughing out loud

quanchi112

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Just like in Lotr the massive armies easily get reduced. Happens all the time with far less power and ability than from the Potter wizards. They can also change shape.

Robtard

Just like in Lotr the massive armies easily get reduced. Happens all the time with far less power and ability than from the Potter wizards. They can also change shape.

quanchi112
Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. This demonstrates your inability to retort. Repeating yourself just shows you're a troll. Fiendfyre, Imperio, Dementors, Avada Kedavra, etc. that's a wrap.

Robtard
This demonstrates your inability to retort. Repeating yourself just shows you're a troll. Fiendfyre, Imperio, Dementors, Avada Kedavra, etc. that's a wrap.

quanchi112
Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. When you repeatedly cannot counter a point and repeat yourself that's a concession.

Robtard
When you repeatedly cannot counter a point and repeat yourself that's a concession.

Says the guys whose argument is repeating a list of spells over and over like a parrot laughing out loud

This still: Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. smile

Mindset
John couldn't even save his family. Voldemort killed his parents so he still won despite all Harry's help and cheatery. John > baby harry > Voldemort

dealwithit.png

quanchi112
Says the guys whose argument is repeating a list of spells over and over like a parrot laughing out loud

This still: Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more. smile Spells in which they have no answer for. It's called debating.

Massive armies get massively killed. Watch the Lotr if you don't believe me. Watch them fall by the scores.

quanchi112
John > baby harry > Voldemort

dealwithit.png You lack context. Harry's mother saved Harry. Watch the movies.com

Voldemort>>>>John Carter.

Mindset
A baby owned Voldemort.

You need to accept it, friend.

thanos-prime
Going with underworld.

Placidity
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Going with underworld.

Interesting option actually.

Since there is prep, and in the latest movie they have done all sorts of genetic manip. Also, they can multiply their numbers easily.

jaden101
Sooooo

The army of the dead eh?

CAn't see any gay potter spells working on them.

quanchi112
A baby owned Voldemort.

You need to accept it, friend. No, he sat there and cried like a baby. He let his poor mom die for him. Cowardly baby.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden101
Sooooo

The army of the dead eh?

CAn't see any gay potter spells working on them. You need to watch the Potter films.

Robtard
Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more

jaden101
You need to watch the Potter films.

watched the last one. I saw a little boy and a creepy bloke fire some lightning at each other out their penis sticks.

juggerman
watched the last one. I saw a little boy and a creepy bloke fire some lightning at each other out their penis sticks.

I must have missed that movie. Please, if you would be so kind, inform me as to who won the epic showdown between not only the most powerful wizard in his own universe, but the single most powerful being to ever step foot anywhere ever, and the little boy that cries over ugly elves.

the ninjak
Just looked at this and Underworld stands a good chance.

With such numbers on the battlefield. Advanced Lycans will be infecting the crap out of these armies!

And Hybrids will be not far behind.

quanchi112
watched the last one. I saw a little boy and a creepy bloke fire some lightning at each other out their penis sticks. Potter penis is a lot bigger than Lotr penis.

the ninjak
Potter penis is a lot bigger than Lotr penis.

Wizards in the LOTRs Universe had staffs. Lets not play the dick measuring game.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
Wizards in the LOTRs Universe had staffs. Lets not play the dick measuring game. Penis power also has to do with the load that comes forth from it. Giz all over Lotr faces.

the ninjak
Advanced Lycans and hybrids lay waste to the Potterverse. Not to mention turned wizards. Lycans with knowledge of magic is a potent mix.

quanchi112
Advanced Lycans and hybrids lay waste to the Potterverse. Not to mention turned wizards. Lycans with knowledge of magic is a potent mix. No, they wouldn't. Kill curses, Fiendfyre, Dementors, etc. Potterverse stomps Underworld verse.

the ninjak
No, they wouldn't. Kill curses, Fiendfyre, Dementors, etc. Potterverse stomps Underworld verse.

What are your numbers for the Potterverse?
What are your numbers for the rest of the armies on field?

The dead get turned. All of them. All it takes is a bite. Bodies scooped into the fold.

And amongst them dead wizards. Sharing their secrets and skills. Part of the pack. Part of the army.

I don't think you perceive the wave that will eventuate against your wizards.

Lycans never turn against their breed. It's in their nature. It's in their genes.

quanchi112
What are your numbers for the Potterverse?
What are your numbers for the rest of the armies on field?

The dead get turned. All of them. All it takes is a bite. Bodies scooped into the fold.

And amongst them dead wizards. Sharing their secrets and skills. Part of the pack. Part of the army.

I don't think you perceive the wave that will eventuate against your wizards.

Lycans never turn against their breed. It's in their nature. It's in their genes. Hundreds if not 1000s of wizards. What can Lycans do to Dementors ? Lycans won't get close to them. Statues and flight would dominate them. They can control Lycans with Imperio and have werewolves of their own. They can also transfigure them.

Wizards own dragons which would rape all Lycans we've ever seen just with a few of them.

the ninjak
Hundreds if not 1000s of wizards. What can Lycans do to Dementors ? Lycans won't get close to them. Statues and flight would dominate them. They can control Lycans with Imperio and have werewolves of their own. They can also transfigure them.

Wizards own dragons which would rape all Lycans we've ever seen just with a few of them.

1. Chocolate is a mild deterant against Dementor's effects. If they drain life energy Advanced Lycans have such power sources in large levels. They regenerate quickly. And are much faster than Dementors.

2. Voldemort said that Dementors follow evil creatures. Lycans only know death and rage.

3. Dead wizards brought into the fold will supply great knowledge on the Dementors.

Statues only last as long as the wizards themselves. And Dragons? kids avoided them. Let alone high speed werewolves with insane regen.

quanchi112
1. Chocolate is a mild deterant against Dementor's effects. If they drain life energy Advanced Lycans have such power sources in large levels. They regenerate quickly. And are much faster than Dementors.

2. Voldemort said that Dementors follow evil creatures. Lycans only know death and rage.

3. Dead wizards brought into the fold will supply great knowledge on the Dementors.

Statues only last as long as the wizards themselves. And Dragons? kids avoided them. Let alone high speed werewolves with insane regen. They can't really doing anything to them physically and will be soulless husks after they are done with them. They followed whoever was in charge in Potterverse there's no evidence they would follow Lycans.

Imperio. They already have werewolves too and they are nothing just like Lycans would be in a combined universe.

Wizards did not Lycans. Lycans are screwed against the fire that dragons emit . Stompage.

the ninjak
They can't really doing anything to them physically and will be soulless husks after they are done with them. They followed whoever was in charge in Potterverse there's no evidence they would follow Lycans.

Imperio. They already have werewolves too and they are nothing just like Lycans would be in a combined universe.

Wizards did not Lycans. Lycans are screwed against the fire that dragons emit . Stompage.

-How fast are Dementors? Lycans ran as fast as cars. Imagine thousands of them all blasting into their enemies.

-The werewolves in HP Universe were pitiful compared to the Lycans in later and normal Underworld universe.

-Lycans aren't susceptible to fire like human wizards are. And human wizards survived just fine against dragons. Modern Lycans rip dragons apart. How many dragons are in your army? I only counted enough to challenge the students in the films. And they weren't very impressive.

Enlighten us what are the numbers of your HP army?

quanchi112
-How fast are Dementors? Lycans ran as fast as cars. Imagine thousands of them all blasting into their enemies.

-The werewolves in HP Universe were pitiful compared to the Lycans in later and normal Underworld universe.

-Lycans aren't susceptible to fire like human wizards are. And human wizards survived just fine against dragons. Modern Lycans rip dragons apart. How many dragons are in your army? I only counted enough to challenge the students in the films. And they weren't very impressive.

Enlighten us what are the numbers of your HP army? Lucian did once not all of them. They aren't all created the same.

Not the ones with magical abilities. Dragons and giants are far more physically impressive than Lycans.

So you believe Fiendfyre cannot kill Lycans ?

laughing out loud

We've seen more wizards on screen than Lycans and Vampires alike in the Underworld universe.

Robtard

quanchi112
Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more Hey magic destroys massive armies. How can they stop Dementors ?

laughing out loud

Imperio, Fiendfyre, multiple dragons, Giants, Centaurs, House Elves, Goblins, etc.

That's a wrap.

Robtard
Hey magic destroys massive armies. How can they stop Dementors ?

laughing out loud

Imperio, Fiendfyre, multiple dragons, Giants, Centaurs, House Elves, Goblins, etc.

That's a wrap.

Ghost army laughing out loud Or see below:

quanchi112
Ghost army laughing out loud Or see below:

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more Potterverse also have ghosts and can affect ghosts unlike Lotr.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Potterverse also have ghosts and can affect ghosts unlike Lotr.

laughing out loud

LoTR ghost army has army annihilation feats. laughing out loud

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5703/ghostdn.jpg

Also see:

jaden101
Yet lotr has magic but the magic doesn't affect the army of the dead otherwise Sauron and the Nazgul would've done something to stop them. They didn't because they couldn't and could only get out the way and watch their army get annihilated.

quanchi112
LoTR ghost army has army annihilation feats. laughing out loud

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5703/ghostdn.jpg

Also see:

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more Yes, they annihilated a Lotr army. The clear difference between these two verses here is that Potter characters can affect ghosts.

Fiendfyre, Imperio, flight, Dementors, etc.

quanchi112
Yet lotr has magic but the magic doesn't affect the army of the dead otherwise Sauron and the Nazgul would've done something to stop them. They didn't because they couldn't and could only get out the way and watch their army get annihilated. Lotr doesn't have the abilities that the Potterverse has. On top of that Sauron wasn't physially back so what the hell did you expect from him ?

The Nazgul are overrated and were defeated by water and a man with a torch.

jaden101
Lotr doesn't have the abilities that the Potterverse has. On top of that Sauron wasn't physially back so what the hell did you expect from him ?

The Nazgul are overrated and were defeated by water and a man with a torch.

Overrated? Gandalf was terrified of the power of the witch king and Gandalf is effectively a God made flesh. He helped shape the world he lives in and has been around since the dawn of time. Even as the weaker grey version he could fight and kill a balrog, a demon made of fire so I don't think he'd be overly fussed about that.

was more powerful than Saruman. A wizard who could create and project storms over hundreds of miles strong enough to cause massive rock slides and avalanches.

Besides. If none of that is powerful enough then I'd love to see what Harry potter wizards would do against these

??????????????

Robtard
Yes, they annihilated a Lotr army. The clear difference between these two verses here is that Potter characters can affect ghosts.

Fiendfyre, Imperio, flight, Dementors, etc.

And they annihilate the Potter-verse.

Also:

quanchi112
Overrated? Gandalf was terrified of the power of the witch king and Gandalf is effectively a God made flesh. He helped shape the world he lives in and has been around since the dawn of time. Even as the weaker grey version he could fight and kill a balrog, a demon made of fire so I don't think he'd be overly fussed about that.

was more powerful than Saruman. A wizard who could create and project storms over hundreds of miles strong enough to cause massive rock slides and avalanches.

Besides. If none of that is powerful enough then I'd love to see what Harry potter wizards would do against these

?????????????? Bwahahahahaaha. Aragon beat the Witch Kings ass along with his weak other Nazgul. Gandalf also frequently ran from small parties of orcs. The guy hid up in a tree from a small band of orcs and threw fiery pine cones at them.

Saruman created a storm on a mountain and also was killed by Wormtail.
What about the wizard battle of the pansy pushes ? Truly powerful stuff.

The funniest thing is Potter wizards can create force shields or simply fly above them and point and laugh.

quanchi112
And they annihilate the Potter-verse.

Also:

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more Flight and lol good times. They just want to be free so kill the king and they leave anyways.

Fiendfyre wrecks their armies.

Robtard
Flight and lol good times. They just want to be free so kill the king and they leave anyways.

Fiendfyre wrecks their armies.

Wizards tire, need food and rest. Ghost don't. Try harder.

Also:

quanchi112
Wizards tire, need food and rest. Ghost don't. Try harder.

Also:

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more Apparate away. Have sex laugh at the stupid ghosts, watch movies and then come back to point due to boredom.

Fire burns weak Lotr armies.

Robtard
Apparate away. Have sex laugh at the stupid ghosts, watch movies and then come back to point due to boredom.

Fire burns weak Lotr armies.

Back to your run away tactics. laughing out loud Fleeing the battle isn't winning.

Also:

quanchi112
Back to your run away tactics. laughing out loud Fleeing the battle isn't winning.

Also:

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more Fighting intelligently is. Ghosts can be petrified in Potterverse and they also have their own ghosts.

Fiendfyre kills them by the thousands. You can't even retort. You just repeat yourself. No critical thinking just memorization. laughing out loud

jaden101
So what have we learned so far? Potter and chums can't kill the army of the dead as the only way they can be 'destroyed' is for their curse to be lifted. The rock giants would single handedly ***** stomp all over potter land. Simply flying won't help them escape cos of the Nazgul and the eagles. Fiendfyre can be ran away from on foot and potter can unleash bats made from bogies.

quanchi112
So what have we learned so far? Potter and chums can't kill the army of the dead as the only way they can be 'destroyed' is for their curse to be lifted. The rock giants would single handedly ***** stomp all over potter land. Simply flying won't help them escape cos of the Nazgul and the eagles. Fiendfyre can be ran away from on foot and potter can unleash bats made from bogies. Spells can be cast while flying. Shields disintegrate stone giants. Potter also has ghosts you buffoon. They don't leave either unlike the cowardly ghost army. Nazgul are weak to fire. One man with a torch stomped them. laughing out loud

Who simply outran Fiendfyre on foot ? Eagles get stomped and oh yeah Dementors. laughing out loud

Ascendancy
One thing I have to say: again, I am amazed when anyone equates the LotR wizards to amazing magic. They are so utterly outclassed by magic users from almost any other franchise that it's ridiculous to even try and make a case for them.

The Potter forces could form a shield as per the last film, then have a few users cast mass spells against the WTFPWNEVERYONEW/BBQGRASS massive armies of LotRs. Gandolf, Sauramon, and a disembodied Sauron aren't doing anything about that.

Potter's people curbstomp.

Robtard
Fighting intelligently is. Ghosts can be petrified in Potterverse and they also have their own ghosts.

Fiendfyre kills them by the thousands. You can't even retort. You just repeat yourself. No critical thinking just memorization. laughing out loud

You said they'd run away. That's not winning. Prove LoTR ghost can be petrified, prove it or STFU.

Also:

quanchi112
You said they'd run away. That's not winning. Prove LoTR ghost can be petrified, prove it or STFU.

Also:

Hey. Massive armies > your HP wankery. Cry more I said this is an option mocking the Lotr ghost army. You'd need to prove Lotr ghosts share different properties than HP ghosts.

Hahaha. Fiendfyre. Massive Lotr armies equal massive death.

-Pr-
Actually, you would have to prove that they're alike.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Actually, you would have to prove that they're alike. No, I don't. We don't assume human bodies are different from different universes unless there's proof. Same applies to ghosts here. You say silly things.

jaden101
It isn't a matter of whether the army of the dead are ghosts or not. They can ONLY cease to exist if they are released from their curse. Nothing else. So potter magic would have utterly no effect.

Shields disintegrate stone giants? Is this from an actual feat or is this you just making things up that they 'could' be used to do? Genuinely curious seeing as I'm no expert on Harry P although I've seen about half the films now and seen nothing that even comes close to anyone being powerful enough to stop a stone giant or anything close to what Saruman did with the storm on carhadaras. Let's face facts, even potterverses 3 supposedly most powerful spells are weak as piss.

quanchi112
It isn't a matter of whether the army of the dead are ghosts or not. They can ONLY cease to exist if they are released from their curse. Nothing else. So potter magic would have utterly no effect.

Shields disintegrate stone giants? Is this from an actual feat or is this you just making things up that they 'could' be used to do? Genuinely curious seeing as I'm no expert on Harry P although I've seen about half the films now and seen nothing that even comes close to anyone being powerful enough to stop a stone giant or anything close to what Saruman did with the storm on carhadaras. Let's face facts, even potterverses 3 supposedly most powerful spells are weak as piss. They can be petrified. You're forcing Lotr lore to apply to all other universes in some kind of biased twisted logic.

Disintegrate what touches it. If you have no idea why even argue. Typical Lotr fans don't really know but hey I love me some Lotr attitude.

The storm on the mountain was to prevent one pathway so they'd use another. It didn't kill anyone and Potter wizards could fly away or apparate. It's laughable.

jaden101
You're not very bright are you. I'm giving the mountai thing not as a method of attack but as an example of sheer magical power. Nothing in Harry Potter comes close to it yet you're arguing that they are more powerful. They're simply not.

You'd also do well to check my opinions on Lord of the Rings which I have voiced many times on these forums. So accusing me of being a fan boy won't wash and is unbelievably ironic coming from you.

jaden101
And what can be petrified? The army of the dead? You're talking big sweaty nut sacks again. It's stated on screen they were cursed never to rest until they had fulfilled their oath. Nothing but that has any effect on them. Nothing. Simple ah that.

quanchi112
You're not very bright are you. I'm giving the mountai thing not as a method of attack but as an example of sheer magical power. Nothing in Harry Potter comes close to it yet you're arguing that they are more powerful. They're simply not.

You'd also do well to check my opinions on Lord of the Rings which I have voiced many times on these forums. So accusing me of being a fan boy won't wash and is unbelievably ironic coming from you. Shield disintegration. Far more impressive.

The stone giants were wrecking each other and easily. The shield was very impressive and took hundreds of attacks for a sustained period of time.

If the shoe fits wear it.

quanchi112
And what can be petrified? The army of the dead? You're talking big sweaty nut sacks again. It's stated on screen they were cursed never to rest until they had fulfilled their oath. Nothing but that has any effect on them. Nothing. Simple ah that. nothing has any effect in the Lotr verse. They can't petrify but guess who can. Lotr fans are so easy to argue against.

jaden101
Shield disintegration. Far more impressive.

The stone giants were wrecking each other and easily. The shield was very impressive and took hundreds of attacks for a sustained period of time.

If the shoe fits wear it.

They were wrecking each other easily? No. But then they're walking mountains. I don't recall anything from HP wrecking a mountain. Let alone a sentient walking mountain that fights back.

quanchi112
They were wrecking each other easily? No. But then they're walking mountains. I don't recall anything from HP wrecking a mountain. Let alone a sentient walking mountain that fights back. Yes, they were. They were slow and Potter wizards could whiz around wrecking them sooner or later. Cling to the stone giants. It amuses me. One immobilus stops their movement anyways. laughing out loud

Ascendancy
Again, the LotR hype men are on crack. Sauramon's storm is supposed to be teh pwn? Please.

Let's take an easy scenario: idiot knocks bucket down hole, bringing on the attention of an entire horde of goblins and such. LotR fights for a while then retreats. Potterverse summons a wave of fiendfyre and wipes the entire hall and outer cavern of the forces in one pass.

The world of Potter outclasses the outsized armies of LotR time and time again. The numbers count for nothing when they have no means of defending themselves against such wizardry.

Team Potter without question.

jaden101
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Again, the LotR hype men are on crack. Sauramon's storm is supposed to be teh pwn? Please.

Let's take an easy scenario: idiot knocks bucket down hole, bringing on the attention of an entire horde of goblins and such. LotR fights for a while then retreats. Potterverse summons a wave of fiendfyre and wipes the entire hall and outer cavern of the forces in one pass.

The world of Potter outclasses the outsized armies of LotR time and time again. The numbers count for nothing when they have no means of defending themselves against such wizardry.

Team Potter without question.

Let's go more based on what happens in the actual film shall we? The HP kids get chased into the room where the fellowship made their stand. They try and use fiendfyre but can't control it and can't escape and burn themselves to death while the goblins all climb back into the cracks they came from. The balrog then comes along and has a wee laugh to himself at the fire. What with him being made of magical fire and that.

jaden101
Yes, they were. They were slow and Potter wizards could whiz around wrecking them sooner or later. Cling to the stone giants. It amuses me. One immobilus stops their movement anyways. laughing out loud

didn't even have to bring them up. You potter wizards couldn't do anything to the army of the dead.

Ascendancy
Let's go more based on what happens in the actual film shall we? The HP kids get chased into the room where the fellowship made their stand. They try and use fiendfyre but can't control it and can't escape and burn themselves to death while the goblins all climb back into the cracks they came from. The balrog then comes along and has a wee laugh to himself at the fire. What with him being made of magical fire and that.

Actually, I was assuming that Snape, Dumble, Volt, etc would be the one unleashing it. Not too crazy considering that the LotR crew had Gandolf in tow, no? You were just touting his amazing skills, so I think it's only fair that the Potterkind have one of their most powerful to cast as well, along with whatever other magic users fit the bill.

Nice try, though. We have some lovely parting gifts for you.

Mindset
I don't think Quan has actually seen the Harry Potter movies.

Supra

Bentley
Yes, they were. They were slow and Potter wizards could whiz around wrecking them sooner or later. Cling to the stone giants. It amuses me. One immobilus stops their movement anyways. laughing out loud

Many of the Harry Potter spells are much less effective against Giants or dragons, I don't see why we should assume they'd work perfectly against giant beasts from other universes.

-Pr-
No, I don't. We don't assume human bodies are different from different universes unless there's proof. Same applies to ghosts here. You say silly things.

1. Don't bash.

2. Ghosts aren't humans. That's horrible logic, especially considering the fact that we don't have a basis for comparison in the real world.

Bentley
1. Don't bash.

Repported for backmodding biscuits

jaden101
Actually, I was assuming that Snape, Dumble, Volt, etc would be the one unleashing it. Not too crazy considering that the LotR crew had Gandolf in tow, no? You were just touting his amazing skills, so I think it's only fair that the Potterkind have one of their most powerful to cast as well, along with whatever other magic users fit the bill.

Nice try, though. We have some lovely parting gifts for you.

And here was me trying to,You know, use actual feats. But then if we're going to use feats not attributed to but well within the power of...well. Do you really want to go down that route against lotr lore? We could go with Galadriel singlehandedly destroying a magically fortified castle for a start. Then there's Sauron. Said to be able summon meteor strikes from space and create volcanic eruptions and change and manipulate matter by thought alone.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
Repported for backmodding biscuits

sad

Ascendancy
And here was me trying to,You know, use actual feats. But then if we're going to use feats not attributed to but well within the power of...well. Do you really want to go down that route against lotr lore? We could go with Galadriel singlehandedly destroying a magically fortified castle for a start. Then there's Sauron. Said to be able summon meteor strikes from space and create volcanic eruptions and change and manipulate matter by thought alone.

Actually, no, you can't use either of the examples you cited because, dun, dun, dun...

They didn't happen in the film, nor were they referenced within. If we could cite events in the lore of novels converted to film many threads might go differently, but we cannot. That's why this is the movie vs forum and not a general vs area.

As children in the Potter films could cast the previously mentioned spells, it is safe to assume that their more powerful and knowledgeable elders can do the same. I cannot, however, reference something not seen on screen.

quanchi112
didn't even have to bring them up. You potter wizards couldn't do anything to the army of the dead. Fly up out of their reach and laugh at them.

laughing out loud

Petrify them and they also have their own ghosts since you want to count all ghosts.

quanchi112
I don't think Quan has actually seen the Harry Potter movies. Oh please I watch them with your mom all the time.

quanchi112
Many of the Harry Potter spells are much less effective against Giants or dragons, I don't see why we should assume they'd work perfectly against giant beasts from other universes. What spells in the movies did the Giants laugh off ? The dragons are used for sport and tortured by wizards displaying their dominance unlike in the Lotr where they rape towns whenever they want to.

quanchi112
1. Don't bash.

2. Ghosts aren't humans. That's horrible logic, especially considering the fact that we don't have a basis for comparison in the real world. 1. I've heard you say far worse to carver and on a regular basis.

2. Humans turn into ghosts. Ghosts exists like humans in many areas of fiction. In the Potterverse ghosts can be petrified but not in the Lotr verse which is weaker in general.

Bentley
What spells in the movies did the Giants laugh off ? The dragons are used for sport and tortured by wizards displaying their dominance unlike in the Lotr where they rape towns whenever they want to.

There weren't many giants in the movies that I can recall...

But I just noticed you build all your potterverse argument on some poorly conceived infinity fallacy of things that were never shown in the movies. May Arceus have mercy on your soul, your debating has sunk into a new low sad

quanchi112
There weren't many giants in the movies that I can recall...

But I just noticed you build all your potterverse argument on some poorly conceived infinity fallacy of things that were never shown in the movies. May Arceus have mercy on your soul, your debating has sunk into a new low sad Giants were never a focal point of my argument. Flight was used in spades in Potter films. Hundreds of wizards in movies. Fiendfyre, disintegration shield, Crucio, Avada Kedavra, Dementors....dead Lotr.

Bentley
Ok, as long as you don't try to abuse some weird loophole I'll give you the benefit of doubt, you deserve that much after all these years.

I honestly think that barring the ghost army the LoTR films weren't that impressive army-wise.

Mindset
Oh please I watch them with your mom all the time. Delph?

-Pr-
1. I've heard you say far worse to carver and on a regular basis.

2. Humans turn into ghosts. Ghosts exists like humans in many areas of fiction. In the Potterverse ghosts can be petrified but not in the Lotr verse which is weaker in general.

1. Part of being a mod is disciplining people who get out of line. So again, don't bash.

2. That doesn't mean a thing, as ghosts aren't humans.

Robtard
His angle whenever HP and LoTR is involved is that HP can do anything and everything to LoTR because HP is from a "different universe" and all set LoTR stipulations don't register, but LoTR can't do much of anything to HP, cos it's not "pottermagic".

-Pr-
...Okay.

Robtard
Indeed.

Ascendancy
Again, LotR people are low-ballin' in power compared to others, including Potter.

Robtard
Again, LotR people are low-ballin' in power compared to others, including Potter.

Again: Blanket generalizations are silly. eg Balrog would obliterate Potter.

Ascendancy
Again: Blanket generalizations are silly. eg Balrog would obliterate Potter.

Most powerful magic users in LotR will have their balls handed to them by everyone of note in the Potterverse. The monsters in the Potterverse are far stronger in general. The magical weapons in the Potterverse are far more powerful than any in the LotR realm. Again, this is film only and the difference is unquestionable.

I don't care what Galadriel, and Sauron, and Gandalf did in the books; this is film only and on that side of things they are utterly outclassed, period.

And don't try and tell me that if Potter went up against the Balrog with foreknowledge of it like Gandalf had he couldn't take it considering some of the creatures he and his friends killed.

You keep saying Quan is butthurt, but you're the one living in a dream if you think Tolkien's creations have a chance here.

Robtard
Most powerful magic users in LotR will have their balls handed to them by everyone of note in the Potterverse. The monsters in the Potterverse are far stronger in general. The magical weapons in the Potterverse are far more powerful than any in the LotR realm. Again, this is film only and the difference is unquestionable.

I don't care what Galadriel, and Sauron, and Gandalf did in the books; this is film only and on that side of things they are utterly outclassed, period.

And don't try and tell me that if Potter went up against the Balrog with foreknowledge of it like Gandalf had he couldn't take it considering some of the creatures he and his friends killed.

You keep saying Quan is butthurt, but you're the one living in a dream if you think Tolkien's creations have a chance here.

The Balrog Vs Potter was an example to show you why blanket generalizations are silly.

Did I mention the LoTR books? Massive armies for LoTR were in the flicks.

laughing out loud Balrog obliterates Potter; before you go loony on me, that doesn't mean Harry Potter is weak. PS Gandalf died killing the Balrog.

Oh my, another case of HP induced rage-mania in the MVF. Someone not saying "HP > All" causes vaginal weeping. Happened to old RJ, Quanchi took over. You don't need to do it too. That's Quanchi's cue to act the dunce.

ps Massive Armies > HP smile

Ascendancy
The Balrog Vs Potter was an example to show you why blanket generalizations are silly.

Did I mention the LoTR books? Massive armies for LoTR were in the flicks.

laughing out loud Balrog obliterates Potter; before you go loony on me, that doesn't mean Harry Potter is weak. PS Gandalf died killing the Balrog.

Oh my, another case of HP induced rage-mania in the MVF. Someone not saying "HP > All" causes vaginal weeping. Happened to old RJ, Quanchi took over. You don't need to do it too. That's Quanchi's cue to act the dunce.

ps Massive Armies > HP smile

How do massive armies own them? The Potterkind can sit behind a shield that the LotR crew have no means to penetrate and then strike as they will. There is NOTHING in the Rings universe as seen on film that shows them in any way of being capable of penetrating that. Nothing, and that's only one of the ways in which Potter and crew can take them.

What are the LotR going to do when faced by the equivalent of wraiths that can ONLY be killed by magic on a scale that Gandalf and others have showed no indication of being able to using? This is a joke.

quanchi112
Delph? I apologize as I've never once insulted anyone. If ever you hear something disrespectful its Delphi logged in. He's quite mean.

quanchi112
1. Part of being a mod is disciplining people who get out of line. So again, don't bash.

2. That doesn't mean a thing, as ghosts aren't humans. 1. That's why I don't debate on the comics versus because you try to over exert yourself imo and kill everything. Most people on here are men and don't want to hear don't call someone silly. That's why I won't be back on comic versus in quite sme time.

2. They are dead humans. All humans aren't equal in movies either. Look at a movie like Mission impossible 3 and see what they can do and then watch the movie the Firm. If you can't see the difference then you're not being honest.

Again ghosts can be petrified in Potterverse it's not that ghosts are different. They can also fly out of reach from Lotr ghosts and its desperation to fling to a ghost army when the Potterverse has its own ghosts as well.

quanchi112
His angle whenever HP and LoTR is involved is that HP can do anything and everything to LoTR because HP is from a "different universe" and all set LoTR stipulations don't register, but LoTR can't do much of anything to HP, cos it's not "pottermagic". It's superior due to feats, abilities, and power. You don't even disagree nor do you support your arguments.

quanchi112
How do massive armies own them? The Potterkind can sit behind a shield that the LotR crew have no means to penetrate and then strike as they will. There is NOTHING in the Rings universe as seen on film that shows them in any way of being capable of penetrating that. Nothing, and that's only one of the ways in which Potter and crew can take them.

What are the LotR going to do when faced by the equivalent of wraiths that can ONLY be killed by magic on a scale that Gandalf and others have showed no indication of being able to using? This is a joke. Whenever you make a point he cannot refute he will repeat himself in a nonsensical fashion.

Robtard

What are the LotR going to do when faced by the equivalent of wraiths that can ONLY be killed by magic on a scale that Gandalf and others have showed no indication of being able to using? This is a joke.

Hiding behind a shield isn't fighting, it's hiding behind a shield. They're going to have to come out sometime.

Part of the "massive armies" includes 9 Ring Wraiths, several wizards and a ghost army and these aren't your "boo" comical kind of ghost.

Robtard
It's superior due to feats, abilities, and power. You don't even disagree nor do you support your arguments.

Sshh, little twink, adults are discussing the topic. Wouldn't want you to get warned again by a mod.

quanchi112
Hiding behind a shield isn't fighting, it's hiding behind a shield. They're going to have to come out something.

Part of the "massive armies" includes 9 Ring Wraiths and a ghost army and these are your "boo" kinda ghost. The shield disintegrates those who touch it. Ring wraiths who run and shriek in terror from a torch.

laughing out loud

Harry Potter is full of ghosts and Dementors. How can Lotr fight off Dementors ?

Potterverse can petrify ghosts. Flight also destroys Lotr side.

Robtard
The shield disintegrates those who touch it. Ring wraiths who run and shriek in terror from a torch.

laughing out loud

Harry Potter is full of ghosts and Dementors. How can Lotr fight off Dementors ?

Potterverse can petrify ghosts. Flight also destroys Lotr side.

"LoTR sucks! They're all just going to run continuously run at the shield and die. HP Rulez!"

I think even you could do better than that.

quanchi112
"LoTR sucks! They're all just going to run continuously run at the shield and die. HP Rulez!"

I think even you could do better than that. Fiendfyre. What counter does Lotr have to that itself ?

Let's see you retort something.

quanchi112
Every time I ask you a question you cannot retort you either disappear or simply repeat yourself. Thread surrender accepted.

Robtard
Every time I ask you a question you cannot retort you either disappear or simply repeat yourself. Thread surrender accepted.

Disappear? I've been logged on for 2 hours straight. Stop lying, okay.

Your dementor question was asked before and answered. Ignoring points that countered you and asking again after a few pages have flipped is something you do often; it's dishonest.

How clever, you reworded your typical derp response of "concession accepted."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>