Who is the most eternal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Meaning they can't die or be killed?

My vote is Dr. Manhattan and possibly Sentry.

armedforbattle
The Phoenix Force

Supra
Originally posted by armedforbattle
The Phoenix Force

Power Equal to or greater than Manhatten?

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Supra
If you are asking if the phoenix Force is stronger then Dr Manhattan?
Then yes, wayyyy more powerful

Badabing
Batman and Hulk. sneer

Seriously, DCnU Captain Atom.

Supra
If you are asking if the phoenix Force is stronger then Dr Manhattan?
Then yes, wayyyy more powerful

But neither can die or be killed. Interesting. Manhattan would be the type that just teleports away if he's not interested in it or just phase out to a different dimension.

Supra
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman and Hulk. sneer

Seriously, DCnU Captain Atom.

Haha Oh shit I forgot about batman!

How come captain atom cannot be killed..I'm guessing similar makeup as Manhattan ?

Badabing
Haha Oh shit I forgot about batman!

How come captain atom cannot be killed..I'm guessing similar makeup as Manhattan ? In the DCnU, he hasn't shown any limits to his power, has control of matter, space and time and was stated to be pure enrgy. He appeared to be Dr. Manhattan on steroids.

armedforbattle
Isnt captain Atom based off Dr Manhattan

Supra
Originally posted by Badabing
In the DCnU, he hasn't shown any limits to his power, has control of matter, space and time and was stated to be pure enrgy. He appeared to be Dr. Manhattan on steroids.

Very cool. I'm guessing him and Manhattan would get along well. With Manhattans apathy it's hard to consider him a power player even though he does have incredible power. But not caring makes him weaker even though it is still impossible to kill him.

So you would rank them like this?
1. Phoenix
2. Captain Atom
3. Dr. Manhattan

Badabing
Very cool. I'm guessing him and Manhattan would get along well. With Manhattans apathy it's hard to consider him a power player even though he does have incredible power. But not caring makes him weaker even though it is still impossible to kill him.

So you would rank them like this?
1. Phoenix
2. Captain Atom
3. Dr. Manhattan I think Manhattan had enough implied power to be equal to Atom. And I'm no expert on the Phoenix, but think a cosmic force >>>> Manhattan and Atom. Could be wrong though.

KingD19
Franklin Richards(stated to witness the death of this universe and usher in the birth of the next one)

Mr. Immortal(also said to watch the universe die and be the last person alive)

Supra
Originally posted by KingD19
Franklin Richards(stated to witness the death of this universe and usher in the birth of the next one)

Mr. Immortal(also said to watch the universe die and be the last person alive)

I think immortal and eternal are different. Like if Dr. Manhattan used his disentegration on Mr. Immortal or Richards would they die and be phased out of existence?

Sin I AM
I think immortal and eternal are different. Like if Dr. Manhattan used his disentegration on Mr. Immortal or Richards would they die and be phased out of existence?

Immortal is beyond death

Supra
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Immortal is beyond death

Ok so if disentegration is used on him. He re materializes or it does not work on him?

PillarofOsiris

Lmfao. are you for real?

PillarofOsiris
It's easy to have a lot of implied power in a world where you're the only real super powered being. The SS, Sersi, etc would all appear as powerful as DM in the Watchmen universe. The only difference is the SS would be able to stop ALL OF the USSR's nukes, and not just 60% of them.

NemeBro
Dr. Manhattan isn't even worth discussing in this thread.

By feats he is a poor-man's Silver Surfer.

Immortal can be wounded, so he would prolly be obliterated, but would proceed to be fine in a few moments.

As for Franklin Richards, he is so far above Dr. Manhattan that the notion that he could so much as make his nose run is laughable.

Isnt captain Atom based off Dr Manhattan

Wrong. Dr. Manhattan is based off of Captain Atom.

Mindset
Oblivion.

Sin I AM
Ok so if disentegration is used on him. He re materializes or it does not work on him?

Yea exactly he does but he simply just comes back, albeit in a feral state. I could probably just drop him in a sun and he'd keep materializing for years

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by NemeBro

As for Franklin Richards, he is so far above Dr. Manhattan that the notion that he could so much as make his nose run is laughable.

thumb up

Supra
I've read nothing about Richards being eternal and not being able to be killed though..

Villelater
i will say the line:
“The worlds smartist man poses no more threat to me than the worlds smartist termite” i just laugh how on The gmod idiot box how they made fun of that...

Supra
Originally posted by Villelater
i will say the line:
“The worlds smartist man poses no more threat to me than the worlds smartist termite” i just laugh how on The gmod idiot box how they made fun of that...

Dr. Manhattan said thatsmile
Someone said he does not belong in this category however he cannot age, die or be killed. He still is top three for most eternal IMO.

PillarofOsiris
Dr. Manhattan said thatsmile
Someone said he does not belong in this category however he cannot age, die or be killed. He still is top three for most eternal IMO.

Except Franklin Richards can will him out of existence.

Supra
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Except Franklin Richards can will him out of existence.

Manhattan can basically do the same thing. Can Richarch's powers transcend dimensions? Cause Dr. does not have to exist in our dimension and can leave at any time correct?

I was not bouting richards against Manhattan, however richard's is made out of flesh and blood. Dr. is not. Richard's ages as well, Dr. Does not.

PillarofOsiris
Manhattan can basically do the same thing. Can Richarch's powers transcend dimensions? Cause Dr. does not have to exist in our dimension and can leave at any time correct?

I was not bouting richards against Manhattan, however richard's is made out of flesh and blood. Dr. is not. Richard's ages as well, Dr. Does not.

From your response, I'm guessing you're not really aware of who Franklin Richards is, or at least what he's capable of. Dr. Manhattan displayed no power or ability that a herald like the silver surfer couldn't replicate. In fact, he was said to actually have LIMITS that a herald like the Surfer WOULDN'T HAVE, such as being incapable of stopping all of the USSR's nukes at once. Reforming from being destroyed is something many heralds can do, such as Sersi, who was reduced to atoms and reformed herself.

Franklin Richards could probably destroy every herald in the entire marvel universe at once with a minimal amount of effort. His powers are universal in scope, if not more. He can CREATE universes, dimensions and alternate realities. He's so far beyond Dr. Manhattan it's laughable to compare the two in any meaningful way.

zopzop
The Phoenix Force
Not really. Scarlet Witch (and Hope?) just wiped it from existence in AvX.
Originally posted by Mindset
Oblivion.
Is a paradox.

8swords
wolverine,

Mindset

I was not bouting richards against Manhattan, however richard's is made out of flesh and blood. Dr. is not. Richard's ages as well, Dr. Does not. What are you talking about?

Supra
From your response, I'm guessing you're not really aware of who Franklin Richards is, or at least what he's capable of. Dr. Manhattan displayed no power or ability that a herald like the silver surfer couldn't replicate. In fact, he was said to actually have LIMITS that a herald like the Surfer WOULDN'T HAVE, such as being incapable of stopping all of the USSR's nukes at once. Reforming from being destroyed is something many heralds can do, such as Sersi, who was reduced to atoms and reformed herself.

Franklin Richards could probably destroy every herald in the entire marvel universe at once with a minimal amount of effort. His powers are universal in scope, if not more. He can CREATE universes, dimensions and alternate realities. He's so far beyond Dr. Manhattan it's laughable to compare the two in any meaningful way.

I have not stated that Dr. is the most powerful, or more powerful then SS or a herald or Richards. Obviously there are much more power entities.

What I was saying I was just listing/wanting to know who is the most eternal, meaning they cannot die from death, being killed, aging and truly eternal.

Now I do not know about richard's as much as you however from reading about Richard's he seems more powerful then anything out there. Power obviously goes to Richards. I was just stating who I thought could not be killed and was eternal/immortal.

As to the original question referring to to Richard's now. Can you answer these for me?

Is Richards immortal, can he age, can he be killed, if not then lets add him to the list as an eternal being.

"Id"
Lobo.

Only a force higher than Death itself can lift its immortality.

Supra
Originally posted by "Id"
Lobo.

Only a force higher than Death itself can lift its immortality.

Yes I forgot about Lobo, add him to the list of immortals.

curryman
Disregarding the million of ways Dr.Manhattan would die by being overpowered, it wouldn't surprise me if he could be counter-acted by another kind of energy. Like H/P doomsday killed Radiant.

Supra
Originally posted by curryman
Disregarding the million of ways Dr.Manhattan would die by being overpowered, it wouldn't surprise me if he could be counter-acted by another kind of energy. Like H/P doomsday killed Radiant.

Dr. Manhatten is based off Captain Atom, he can reform himself after being destroyed..Also if he makes himself intangible I don't see him being hurt a million ways as you say. As I mentioned before the thread is not about who is most powerful it's about who is eternal and cannot be killed. Dr. Manhattan/ Captain Atom make the list.

PillarofOsiris
Richards said to galactus that they would be the lay two brings alive after the universe ended. Or maybe galactus said that to him I can't remember.

Q99

Re-materializes.

He'll outlast Galactus and the Eternals and Eternity and anyone else you care to name.

Lord Feron
Richards said to galactus that they would be the lay two brings alive after the universe ended. Or maybe galactus said that to him I can't remember.

Kinda surprised that Galactus would say that about himself since he is always hungry. Like if the universe ended im pretty sure that there would be nothing that he could feed on. Anyway.. back to thread...

Cogito
Mordru, Phoenix

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Kinda surprised that Galactus would say that about himself since he is always hungry. Like if the universe ended im pretty sure that there would be nothing that he could feed on. Anyway.. back to thread...

It was in FF 14 or 15. I'll look it up when I get home from work.

Newjak
Dr. Manhatten is based off Captain Atom, he can reform himself after being destroyed..Also if he makes himself intangible I don't see him being hurt a million ways as you say. As I mentioned before the thread is not about who is most powerful it's about who is eternal and cannot be killed. Dr. Manhattan/ Captain Atom make the list. All of those are things that like you said other heralds can do, and there are of course people out there that can counteract those abilities.

The truth is Dr. M doesn't have a lot of appearances and he definitely doesn't have any feats against actual super powered beings to dictate what can and can not harm or kill him.

If you were to put Surfer/Sersi/really any herald of Galactus/Captain Atom they would be just as unkillable and eternal as what DM appeared to be.

Mr.SunKing
lol @ even mentioning Dr Manhattan against this thread i'm sure if you put him against a decent herald with either high matter manipulation/psi abilities, he coud be dispersed permanently

far as immortality i would give to to Mr.Immortal, either him or Lobo, or

janus77
Wolverine (unfortunately).

Theoretically, Hulk, Surfer and Batman ('cos it's just an idea).

Omega Vision
Immortal Man.

JayDaDon
Supra asked the question earlier and now I'm curious, can franklin be killed or harmed if he's not accessing his power? Has he shown regeneration?

Glorificus
Beyonder.
TOAA.
Living Tribunal.
Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, etc.
Yahweh
Lucifer Morningstar.

Take your pick. They're all pretty much "eternal".

Supra
Well of coarse Yahweh, I didn't know we were including God.

armedforbattle
Well of coarse Yahweh, I didn't know we were including God.
You didn't put a limit on how powerful we could go, so you kinda gotta expect it.

Supra
You didn't put a limit on how powerful we could go, so you kinda gotta expect it.

True but Is Yahweh (God Almighty)in comics?

armedforbattle
TOAA is the Almighty in comics. He is a representation of Stan Lee.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Supra asked the question earlier and now I'm curious, can franklin be killed or harmed if he's not accessing his power? Has he shown regeneration?
Nope. He was brutally KOed by the Mad Celestials the second time he faced them and wasn't using his powers. When not utilizing his powers, all his baseline stats are that of a normal human.

Supra
TOAA is the Almighty in comics. He is a representation of Stan Lee.

Very Cool, The One above All. Add him to the Top of the List!

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Nope. He was brutally KOed by the Mad Celestials the second time he faced them and wasn't using his powers. When not utilizing his powers, all his baseline stats are that of a normal human.
are you referring to child Franklin or little Franklin? because from what I recall, it was a young Franklin being KO'd, his older counterpart not so much. It's possible that his durability may increase with age.

pym-ftw
Hercules

Cogito

DC is loosely based on Judeo-Christian religion, and its Supreme Being goes by many names including the Presence, God, Yahweh, etc.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
are you referring to child Franklin or little Franklin? because from what I recall, it was a young Franklin being KO'd, his older counterpart not so much.
Child Franklin as that is the true 616-version. As a reality warper, his durability is what he wills it to be, and its common knowledge that at baseline(when he's not exercising his powers) he has normal human durability.

It's possible that his durability may increase with age.
As I said before, he's a reality warper. Increased durability isn't part of his natural powerset, despite the fact that he can add it(along with pretty much any type of superpower) artificially with his reality manip.

NemeBro
He can't reconstruct himself if his body is destroyed like MJJ can?

Bouboumaster
Mr Immortal is a mutant that evolved past Death. So I guess that he wins, lol.

As for Manhattan, a dude like Surfer would just absorb him, or overpower him, or kill him on the astral plane, or whatever. Or punch his face off.

JayDaDon
Child Franklin as that is the true 616-version. As a reality warper, his durability is what he wills it to be, and its common knowledge that at baseline(when he's not exercising his powers) he has normal human durability.

As I said before, he's a reality warper. Increased durability isn't part of his natural powerset, despite the fact that he can add it(along with pretty much any type of superpower) artificially with his reality manip.

Has it been stated whether or not he can be killed outright if not accessing his power?

Mr.SunKing

however reality warping is not his only natural ability, he possesses a plethora of other abilities that are separate.

there's been nothing to suggest his older counter part does not possess higher durability, the most you can do is speculate guy.

Glorificus
Theoretically, if Leech sneaked up behind Franklin and fired a bullet into Franklin's head, he'd be PERMANENTLY dead no?

Mindset
No.

TheGodKiller
however reality warping is not his only natural ability, he possesses a plethora of other abilities that are separate.
All of his additional abilities are psionic in nature. None of them consist of enhanced durability.

there's been nothing to suggest his older counter part does not possess higher durability, the most you can do is speculate guy.
I do recall him telling Blackbolt that he'd never let "your words harm me". I think that indicates that his baseline durability is like his child-counterpart's.

Mr.SunKing
All of his additional abilities are psionic in nature. None of them consist of enhanced durability.

I do recall him telling Blackbolt that he'd never let "your words harm me". I think that indicates that his baseline durability is like his child-counterpart's.
good point my friend, but then again, even others with a high durability could still be harmed by black bolts voice to a certain degree.

TheGodKiller
good point my friend, but then again, even others with a high durability could still be harmed by black bolts voice to a certain degree.
Which has been my point all along. Franklin's durability is what he wills it to be, no matter how high or low it is. Could Franklin demonstrate time manipulation powers? Definitely, but that doesn't prove that its part of his natural powerset, simply that he can grant himself such abilities on a whim. Same goes for durability imo.

googol
nothing beats Cyborg Superman at not staying dead..!

"I want to die, God knows I want to die" so why dont I?"

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/Henshaw2.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/1370533-armor2_super.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.