Hemidall vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
One has superior strength and maybe speed the other has superior sense. Who wins?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Heimdall zaps his ass into a Star.

SevenShackles
Heimdall wins. No BFR and I'll have to rethink it a little.

golem370
Well bfr is a party killer I want a good fight no easy fight so no bfr

guy222
asgardian ftw

Supra
The gatekeeper wins hands down

SevenShackles
Gave it some thought and Hemidall still wins.

Drawingblood88
I'll go ahead and apologise for my ignorance on the matter. Could someone tell me what the hell bfr means?

PillarofOsiris
BFR= Battle Field Removal

Like Thor teleporting the Hulk into another dimension to end the fight

Supra
Originally posted by Drawingblood88
I'll go ahead and apologise for my ignorance on the matter. Could someone tell me what the hell bfr means?

Battlefield Removal. Think of shooting it at someone then they just disappear.

How is this even a fair fight for aquaman, are they fighting on land? If so its not even close to fair. And I don't see Heimdell going for a drink.

PillarofOsiris
Aquaman has used TP to take control of heralds. I agree this isn't a fair fight.

comicfan11
can someone provide a rundown on Heimdal's power levels?

Mindset
Originally posted by comicfan11
can someone provide a rundown on Heimdal's power levels? He's pretty strong.

You're welcome.

golem370
Class 50 strength really good fighter and superhuman senses

This is from Marvel Database
Superhumanly Acute Senses: Heimdall's post as Sentry of Asgard is due in large part to his extraordinarily acute senses. Heimdall's sight, hearing, and smell are enhanced to the point that they qualify as extrasensory. Heimdall can see and hear as far as creation. He can look across time and space and is able to detect the approach of most beings within hundreds of miles. Heimdall can sense the life force of Asgardian gods throughout the Nine Realms and can willingly focus his senses on certain sensory information and selectively block the rest of it from his consciousness. Otherwise, he would be mentally and physically overwhelmed by the extraordinary amount of input generated by his extremely acute senses. Certain magical spells can block his sensory powers and his sight is limited if his eyes are damaged.

Bouboumaster
Hahahahahaha Aquaman!

Heimdall massacre him

armedforbattle
Lol @ people acting like aquaman is some slouch. If he fights smart and uses his TP well I give aquaman a small majority here 7/10.

I hope in JLA 16 Arthur fights the Trinity and phucks them up. Shut all the haters up. AM is a far more interesting character then most the JLA, Only behind GL and Manhunter IMO. (Yes I know Manhunter is not currently in the JLA)

StiltmanFTW
Who is Hemidall? Heimdall's cousin?

Water boy dies anyway.

Estacado
Asian version of Heimdall...

-Pr-
I honestly don't know about Heimdall.

People really need to get over this Aquaman hate though.

I'm sure when he smacks around a few Justice League members in a month's time people will say it was a low showing for those people, and will show just how retarded and ignorant a person can be when they don't know what they're talking about.

Estacado
Dont give up Pr oneday Aquaman will be a cool character with atleast 50 fans behind him!313

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm sure when he smacks around a few Justice League members in a month's time people will say it was a low showing for those people, and will show just how retarded and ignorant a person can be when they don't know what they're talking about. Superman will casually overpower him.

Your tears will provide me nourishment.

-Pr-

Philosophía
And if he knocks Superman down, I'm sure you'll call someone some names that get you banned. Knocking Superman away means that he can throw around roughly 240 lbs which is impressive for a character like Aquaman, I guess.

If he draws blood or flash KOs him, class 100 Aquaman as he is in the DCnU, I'll still rip off Johns' head.

curryman
I don't understand how Heimdall would win this. Did I miss something?

Aquaman's stronger and he has telepathy.

-Pr-

the ninjak
Apparently Asgardians have high tolerance to telepathy.

Hence the Phoenix Emma Frost vs Thor battle.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by the ninjak
Apparently Asgardians have high tolerance to telepathy.

Hence the Phoenix Emma Frost vs Thor battle.
Heimdall is no Thor.

-Pr-
One Asgardian =/= all Asgardians.

ODG
All fish =/= one Asgardian.

-Pr-
Guess it's good that Aquaman's telepathy works on more than fish, then.

ODG
^ Ironic jokes aside, has Aquaman even used telepathy on anything not marine-like yet?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
^ Ironic jokes aside, has Aquaman even used telepathy on anything not marine-like yet?

Post reboot, no, not as yet.

Johns is going out of his way to show how strong, durable and in general how tough Aquaman is, but bar some marine telepathy, we've barely seen him use it. It's quite odd.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ODG
^ Ironic jokes aside, has Aquaman even used telepathy on anything not marine-like yet? Ironic jokes aside Aquaman's TP even failed on fish recently laughing out loud (no intention of baiting though)

EDIT: There was context

-Pr-
Any more puns you want to use? laughing out loud

ODG

Johns is going out of his way to show how strong, durable and in general how tough Aquaman is, but bar some marine telepathy, we've barely seen him use it. It's quite odd. Irrelevant to this fight then.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Irrelevant to this fight then.

Only if we're confining it to Post Reboot, yes.

Estacado
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Ironic jokes aside Aquaman's TP even failed on fish recently laughing out loud (no intention of baiting though)

EDIT: There was context
haermm2

SevenShackles
Only if we're confining it to Post Reboot, yes.

If not otherwise stated Aren't we supposed to use the most recent version of the characters? Its why I ignored older aquaman feats and figured hemindall the winner. rolling on floor laughing

-Pr-
Originally posted by SevenShackles
If not otherwise stated Aren't we supposed to use the most recent version of the characters? Its why I ignored older aquaman feats and figured hemindall the winner. rolling on floor laughing

It's not so much that we're using two version of Aquaman; just that some of what came before the reboot is arguably still canon to him. It's a grey area, hence me saying "if".

SevenShackles
It's not so much that we're using two version of Aquaman; just that some of what came before the reboot is arguably still canon to him. It's a grey area, hence me saying "if".
Okay. But unless stated as happening or revisited/done again arent his past feats all more or less voided until otherwise noted? So the 'if' feats and low showings shouldn't count toward/against aqua man until it's sorted out right?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Ironic jokes aside Aquaman's TP even failed on fish recently laughing out loud (no intention of baiting though)

Originally posted by Estacado
haermm2

shocklaugh

Rage.Of.Olympus

Johns is going out of his way to show how strong, durable and in general how tough Aquaman is, but bar some marine telepathy, we've barely seen him use it. It's quite odd.

Most of the time when he uses telepathy on non-marine life, as I recall, the opponents had some latent fish parts as a result of their evolution like Martians or Humans etc.

Asgardian's have no such ancestry, so I'm not sure his telepathy would work. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rare instance or two when he used it on a completely unrelated form of life but at the same time, Heimdall has his outlier feats as well.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Okay. But unless stated as happening or revisited/done again arent his past feats all more or less voided until otherwise noted? So the 'if' feats and low showings shouldn't count toward/against aqua man until it's sorted out right?

I'm not going to lean one way or the other until the exact canonicity has been established, tbh.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Most of the time when he uses telepathy on non-marine life, as I recall, the opponents had some latent fish parts as a result of their evolution like Martians or Humans etc.

Asgardian's have no such ancestry, so I'm not sure his telepathy would work. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rare instance or two when he used it on a completely unrelated form of life but at the same time, Heimdall has his outlier feats as well.

Not always, no.

Aquaman's telepathy eventually became as effective as normal telepathy. He primarily used it on marine life, sure, but it still worked on several other forms of life to the point that it was broad TP.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Any of examples of him using it on lifeforms without specific fish ancestry or whatever bullshit?

I've seen him use it on Martians, humans, Starro and other mutated shit but those beings had a direct evolutionary link to marine life.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Any of examples of him using it on lifeforms without specific fish ancestry or whatever bullshit?

I've seen him use it on Martians, humans, Starro and other mutated shit but those beings had a direct evolutionary link to marine life.

I don't have the scans to hand, but off the top of my head: Tiamat (a dark god/alien monster), a Millenium Giant (though I'm not sure where they come from), an alien ship's AI, and he's even communed with other aliens (though their origins are unknown).

And even when he's used his telepathy on human type creatures, he's used it in some pretty skillfull ways. he cured black manta's autism, was actually getting through to doctor polaris at one point, and was able to help kyle rayner bolster his own willpower at one point.

i'm not saying it's a definite win, just something to consider if Asgardians are at all vulnerable to telepathy.

How do they physically match up?

ODG
I'm not going to lean one way or the other until the exact canonicity has been established, tbh. How long does that take?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
How long does that take?

It's Geoff Johns, so good luck.

comicfan11
Originally posted by golem370
Class 50 strength really good fighter and superhuman senses

This is from Marvel Database
Superhumanly Acute Senses: Heimdall's post as Sentry of Asgard is due in large part to his extraordinarily acute senses. Heimdall's sight, hearing, and smell are enhanced to the point that they qualify as extrasensory. Heimdall can see and hear as far as creation. He can look across time and space and is able to detect the approach of most beings within hundreds of miles. Heimdall can sense the life force of Asgardian gods throughout the Nine Realms and can willingly focus his senses on certain sensory information and selectively block the rest of it from his consciousness. Otherwise, he would be mentally and physically overwhelmed by the extraordinary amount of input generated by his extremely acute senses. Certain magical spells can block his sensory powers and his sight is limited if his eyes are damaged.

Thx
Aquaman has one punch KOed 100 toners before.
In DCnU he lifted an ocean liner, full with cargo and passengers.
The trident hurt Darkseid.

He takes this.

ODG
It's Geoff Johns, so good luck. Convenient excuse.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Convenient excuse.

How-so?

ODG
^ You seem to be suggesting that there will be some amorphous moment where Aquaman's canonicity will be established rather than just take his reboot for what it is: a hard one. Are you honestly expecting there to be attempts where Aquaman's pre-Flashpoint adventures will be neatly retrofitted back in like Batman and Green Lantern?

Aquaman exists in a history where J'onn was barely a Justice League member, Green Arrow was never one, and he never fought with his brother once he abdicated his throne years ago. Exactly what pre-Flashpoint adventures could even possibly re-exist given that?

Aquaman's much more akin to a clean slate like Cyborg, rather than a slave to the past like Batman. So waiting for his history to "clear up" doesn't sound anymore realistic for him then it does for Cyborg -- especially when what history we are seeing is completely different. I don't think anybody is seriously waiting on just how much pre-Flashpoint history Cyborg will get retrofitted back in so "we can be sure these old feats are eliminated from consideration." They're just moving forward.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
^ You seem to be suggesting that there will be some amorphous moment where Aquaman's canonicity will be established rather than just take his reboot for what it is: a hard one. Are you honestly expecting there to be attempts where Aquaman's pre-Flashpoint adventures will be neatly retrofitted back in like Batman and Green Lantern?

Aquaman exists in a history where J'onn was barely a Justice League member, Green Arrow was never one, and he never fought with his brother once he abdicated his throne years ago. Exactly what pre-Flashpoint adventures could even possibly re-exist given that?

Aquaman's much more akin to a clean slate like Cyborg, rather than a slave to the past like Batman. So waiting for his history to "clear up" doesn't sound anymore realistic for him then it does for Cyborg -- especially when what history we are seeing is completely different. I don't think anybody is seriously waiting on just how much pre-Flashpoint history Cyborg will get retrofitted back in so "we can be sure these old feats are eliminated from consideration." They're just moving forward.

Except that his Pre-Flashpoint history has been alluded to by Johns, considering that Johns also wrote Brightest Day.

I'm not saying that everything Pre Flashpoint will be made canon again. Even Johns, though, in changing Aquamans origin (and partially reverting it at the same time), still kept certain things that had been brought in by other writers. There are several unanswered questions about Arthur's past in relation to what happened before the reboot, so no, it really isn't like Cyborg tbh.

And I honestly don't get where the hostility comes from.

Mindset
Can't we all just get along?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Can't we all just get along?

If only...

Mindset
Aquaman didn't suck.

Yea, but we both know that's never going to happen.

-Pr-
Aquaman didn't suck.

Yea, but we both know that's never going to happen.

Methinks you protest too much.

Mindset
I don't pay you to think.

-Pr-
I don't pay you to think.

If you paid me at all, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Mindset
Prostitute.

ODG
Except that his Pre-Flashpoint history has been alluded to by Johns, considering that Johns also wrote Brightest Day.

I'm not saying that everything Pre Flashpoint will be made canon again. Even Johns, though, in changing Aquamans origin (and partially reverting it at the same time), still kept certain things that had been brought in by other writers. There are several unanswered questions about Arthur's past in relation to what happened before the reboot, so no, it really isn't like Cyborg tbh.

And I honestly dont get where the hostility comes from. What history exactly? Because I was pretty sure I was accounting for everything.

Cyborg's history has been far less explored than Aquaman's. So I don't get how Aquaman is more open to retrofitted history than he is.

What exactly was hostile about my explanation????

-Pr-
I was talking about your "convenient excuse" statement.

Johns hinted in Brightest Day that Arthur Junior's death was still in continuity. That's not part of Aquaman's origin. Then, post reboot, it was stated that Mera "came back" to Aquaman. The only time she'd left him significantly was Arthur Junior's death back in the pre crisis days, and yet that issue had Aquaman fighting Garth in combat, but in current continuity Garth is little more than a child.

Obviously a lot has been changed with the reboot. Aquaman's actual origin in terms of his birth has been reverted back to his silver age origin.

Johns is doing, at least from what I can tell, the same thing that he did with Hal: Adding to his history without necessarily changing every detail. Sure, some are big changes, but I'm waiting to see what gets carried over, because Johns hasn't really been clear about the whole thing.

Also, Mera kept her revised origin from BD in the new continuity.

golem370
Thx
Aquaman has one punch KOed 100 toners before.
In DCnU he lifted an ocean liner, full with cargo and passengers.
The trident hurt Darkseid.

He takes this.

I figured Aquaman was stronger but Heimdall has superior senses so he might be able to counter the strength disadvantage

comicfan11
Also the reason he abandoned Atlantis is a direct continuation from Brightest Day.
And they are living in the same place they did in Brightest Day.

And when Johns was asked directly how much of Aquaman's history he is going to keep intact, he said "it's all there"

-Pr-
Also the reason he abandoned Atlantis is a direct continuation from Brightest Day.
And they are living in the same place they did in Brightest Day.

And when Johns was asked directly how much of Aquaman's history he is going to keep intact, he said "it's all there"

When did he say that?

comicfan11
Originally posted by golem370
I figured Aquaman was stronger but Heimdall has superior senses so he might be able to counter the strength disadvantage

Aquaman is also more durable and faster, possibly quicker.

He also has a very powerful weapon as standard equipment.
And he is warrior and a strategist.
And also super hearing and super sight.
Also resistance to fire, electricity, cold, immunity to poison, etc.

And all of the above are shown in the NuDCU.

He most certainly doesn't need telepathy to take out Heimdal.

ODG
^ I do think it is convenient to be waiting for something that realistically isn't going to be happening.

Mera retaining some Brightest Day retcons doesn't seem nearly as relevant to Aquaman's post-Flashpoint history. Mera's been painfully absent from Arthur's adventures before Brightest Day. The inconsistencies you pointed out highlight that.

Johns completely gutted Cyborg. Johns and his GL cohorts completely gutted Kyle and Guy. And Aquaman is closer to them than Hal. These are all our own opinions of course. But now you know why I think the way I do.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
^ I do think it is convenient to be waiting for something that realistically isn't going to be happening.

Mera retaining some Brightest Day retcons doesn't seem nearly as relevant to Aquaman's post-Flashpoint history. Mera's been painfully absent from Arthur's adventures before Brightest Day.

Johns completely gutted Cyborg. Johns and his GL cohorts completely gutted Kyle and Guy. And Aquaman is closer to them than Hal. These are all our own opinions of course. But now you know why I think the way I do.

I do, even If I think you're way off.

ODG
^ Needless to say, the feeling is completely mutual and then some.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
^ Needless to say, the feeling is completely mutual and then some.

I just don't see how it's unrealistic to think that Johns might tell us if Arthur junior existed in this timeline, or if he'll elaborate on what Arthur's telepathy can do. Both of those are pretty straightforward.

shrug

comicfan11
When did he say that?

In the standard interviews during some convention.

Here's one

http://www.aquamanshrine.com/2011/10/aquaman-shrine-interview-with-geoff.html#.UN5sy3c6U_A

"Those other stories that happened have happened"

Can't find the other interviews.

ODG
I just don't see how it's unrealistic to think that Johns might tell us if Arthur junior existed in this timeline, or if he'll elaborate on what Arthur's telepathy can do. Both of those are pretty straightforward.

shrug That's not what I think is unrealistic. I think it's unrealistic to wait for hints that a certain pre-Flashpoint fight with some foe happened or didn't happen before disregarding that fight (and its feats) from consideration.

In other words, I'm not waiting for Johns to clarify whether or not Crisis of Conscience occurred (or something like it) to disregard Aquaman battling a top-tier telepath like Despero.

There's pretty much no chance whatsoever him and J'onn fought Despero in an adventure stemming from Jean Loring's murder of Elongated Man's wife. And since there is no realistic reason to expect any writer addressing this (much less Johns), I don't see any point to waiting.

Golgo13

Here's one

http://www.aquamanshrine.com/2011/10/aquaman-shrine-interview-with-geoff.html#.UN5sy3c6U_A

thumb up

-Pr-

Here's one

Thanks, reading now.

Hmm. I'm not sure that means everything is canon, tbh. I mean, Johns has shifted the origin at the very least, so some stuff has changed.

Originally posted by ODG
That's not what I think is unrealistic. I think it's unrealistic to wait for hints that a certain pre-Flashpoint fight with some foe happened or didn't happen before disregarding that fight (and its feats) from consideration.

In other words, I'm not waiting for Johns to clarify whether or not Crisis of Conscience occurred (or something like it) to disregard Aquaman battling a top-tier telepath like Despero.

There's pretty much no chance whatsoever him and J'onn fought Despero in an adventure stemming from Jean Loring's murder of Elongated Man's wife. And since there is no realistic reason to expect any writer addressing this (much less Johns), I don't see any point to waiting.

But that's not what I'm talking about waiting for, even if it was written by Johns. erm

I mean, sure, Blackest Night and Brightest Day are canon; but I hardly think we're going to see minute explanations of minor arcs being brought out.

ODG
But that's not what I'm talking about waiting for, even if it was written by Johns. erm

I mean, sure, Blackest Night and Brightest Day are canon; but I hardly think we're going to see minute explanations of minor arcs being brought out. So if you're not waiting for that -- which is what I got from your "until exact canonicity has been established" comment -- what are you waiting for before disregarding that history?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
So if you're not waiting for that -- which is what I got from your "until exact canonicity has been established" comment -- what are you waiting for before disregarding that history?

Johns to clear up the matter of Arthur's telepathy and some of the key points in his history, basically.

As far as telepathy goes, him using it on non-Marine life especially is something I'm waiting to see, as pre-reboot, it wasn't an outlier; it was a stated part of his telepathy.

Even Marine telepathy, something that used to be used at least once an issue pre-reboot, hasn't really been expanded upon since Flashpoint, with only a few instances of it being shown.

I'm especially cautious of this because Johns has gone out of his way to physically amp Aquaman to an extent we've not seen him operate at before. Sure, I'd love to turn around and say "well if he's more powerful physically, he should be more powerful telepathically", but that would be silly, I think.

ODG
Johns to clear up the matter of Arthur's telepathy and some of the key points in his history, basically. This statement means you are looking forward and that has little bearing on why you're not yet disregarding his prior history. Obviously, if Aquaman starts using telepathy on non-marine life in Aquaman #17, he can use it currently. Obviously, if Aquaman suddenly has a long-lost twin brother in Aquaman #30, he has a twin. But that doesn't explain why you're reticent to let go of his prior history.

If nothing in his prior history matters until something happens in current stories to confirm/reject it, how is that any different than someone treating him as a blank slate? And you've made it clear that the latter is not something you're willing to do or agree with.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
This statement means you are looking forward and that has little bearing on why you're not yet disregarding his prior history. Obviously, if Aquaman starts using telepathy on non-marine life in Aquaman #17, he can use it currently. Obviously, if Aquaman suddenly has a long-lost twin brother in Aquaman #30, he has a twin. But that doesn't explain why you're reticent to let go of his prior history.

If nothing in his prior history matters until something happens in current stories to confirm/reject it, how is that any different than someone treating him as a blank slate? And you've made it clear that the latter is not something you're willing to do or agree with.

So you want me to disregard everything that came before Flashpoint, then?

ODG
^ I'm asking you whether or not that's what you're actually doing even if you don't want to say it outright.

Let's say current Aquaman mindphucks a U.S. soldier in Aquaman #17. Great, from that point, nobody is going to deny that he can do that. But does that single showing somehow bring back in all of Aquaman's pre-Flashpoint non-marine tp feats into consideration that are more impressive... like mindphucking White Martians?

Before you answer that rhetorical question, consider this: beyond that single White Martian feat in that minor story arc, a lot of Aquaman's impressive non-marine telepathy feats occurred during the entire Morrison/Waid JLA run where he's one-handed and fighting alongside J'onn and Wally. Is that long extensive history now fair game because a single current telepathy feat magically opened some floodgate of canonicity?

Needless to say, I don't think that's how you'd react at all. And, if I'm right, then you'll take current Aquaman's soldier tp feat for what it is and not irresponsibly extrapolate White Martian pwning telepathy levels from it. So if that's the case, aren't you just flatly disregarding Aquaman's prior history all the same?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
^ I'm asking you whether or not that's what you're actually doing even if you don't want to say it outright.

Let's say current Aquaman mindphucks a U.S. soldier in Aquaman #17. Great, from that point, nobody is going to deny that he can do that. But does that single showing somehow bring back in all of Aquaman's pre-Flashpoint non-marine tp feats into consideration that are more impressive... like mindphucking White Martians?

Before you answer that rhetorical question, consider this: beyond that single White Martian feat in that minor story arc, a lot of Aquaman's impressive non-marine telepathy feats occurred during the entire Morrison/Waid JLA run where he's one-handed and fighting alongside J'onn and Wally. Is that long extensive history now fair game because a single current telepathy feat magically opened some floodgate of canonicity?

Needless to say, I don't think that's how you'd react at all. And, if I'm right, then you'll take current Aquaman's soldier tp feat for what it is and not irresponsibly extrapolate White Martian pwning telepathy levels from it. So if that's the case, aren't you just flatly disregarding Aquaman's prior history all the same?

No, I won't be extrapolating like you said. I'd just like Johns to tell us whether he can use it at all or not, seeing as he's brought over aspects (at least continuity wise) from his pre-FP Brightest Day/Blackest Night stuff (and beyond on one occasion). So in terms of continuity, I can't disregard anything due to Johns being the **** that he is in picking and choosing what to carry over. Unless otherwise stated, obviously.

Though funnily enough, Aquaman had more feats against non-marine life during his solo-runs under several different writers than he had under Morrison/Waid in JLA. His actual best ones were in solo books too.

stick out tongue

In terms of feats, I'm adopting a "wait and see" approach. Sure, I might not extrapolate up and say that one mental feat against a fodder human means he's taking down White Martians.

What if he mind-rapes Superman, though? What do we do then?

Right now, he's stronger than he's ever been. So naturally, I would assume that, because he's capable of lifting temples, cruise ships and moving large rock-masses, that he's stronger than he was when he lifted the city block underwater.

Right now, I can't go in to threads and say that post-reboot Aquaman wins telepathically, because he's shown ****-all since the reboot, even though Johns has been making an effort to show how much more capable and bad-ass he is.

At the same time, though, if I say Heimdall wins, and next month Aquaman goes on a telepathic raping spree, I'm going to look kind of stupid, I think.

Well, that post was longer than I'd intended.

ODG
No, I won't be extrapolating like you said. I'd just like Johns to tell us whether he can use it at all or not, seeing as he's brought over aspects (at least continuity wise) from his pre-FP Brightest Day/Blackest Night stuff (and beyond on one occasion). So in terms of continuity, I can't disregard anything due to Johns being the **** that he is in picking and choosing what to carry over. Unless otherwise stated, obviously.

Though funnily enough, Aquaman had more feats against non-marine life during his solo-runs under several different writers than he had under Morrison/Waid in JLA. His actual best ones were in solo books too.

stick out tongue

In terms of feats, I'm adopting a "wait and see" approach. Sure, I might not extrapolate up and say that one mental feat against a fodder human means he's taking down White Martians. Yea, but waiting and seeing is pretty much disregarding prior history until it's clearly brought back. Which is the same thing as considering him a blank slate. Originally posted by -Pr-
What if he mind-rapes Superman, though? What do we do then? Naturally, we high-five and feast on Philosophia's bitter tears. Originally posted by -Pr-
Right now, he's stronger than he's ever been. So naturally, I would assume that, because he's capable of lifting temples, cruise ships and moving large rock-masses, that he's stronger than he was when he lifted the city block underwater.

Right now, I can't go in to threads and say that post-reboot Aquaman wins telepathically, because he's shown ****-all since the reboot, even though Johns has been making an effort to show how much more capable and bad-ass he is.

At the same time, though, if I say Heimdall wins, and next month Aquaman goes on a telepathic raping spree, I'm going to look kind of stupid, I think.

Well, that post was longer than I'd intended. His current upgraded strength levels tend towards disregarding his prior history too.

He hasn't shown any non-marine telepathy since his return in Blackest Night or Brightest Day either. The closest thing he's got is a vague reference to a telepathic link between him and Ya'wara.

Not really, why would you? You were working with what you knew to be confirmed.

Anyway, I don't think we're actually far off in our ideas, even if if we're far off in spirit. That sounds totally homo, yes. But I can't figure out how to word that better. Clearly, discussing Aquaman makes you gay.

Zack Fair
Memory might be fuzzy but when did Aquaman mindrape a soldier?

ODG
^ Aquaman #17. Came out Feb 2013.

sam

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Yea, but waiting and seeing is pretty much disregarding prior history until it's clearly brought back. Which is the same thing as considering him a blank slate. Naturally, we high-five and feast on Philosophia's bitter tears. His current upgraded strength levels tend towards disregarding his prior history too.

He hasn't shown any non-marine telepathy since his return in Blackest Night or Brightest Day either. The closest thing he's got is a vague reference to a telepathic link between him and Ya'wara.

Not really, why would you? You were working with what you knew to be confirmed.

Anyway, I don't think we're actually far off in our ideas, even if if we're far off in spirit. That sounds totally homo, yes. But I can't figure out how to word that better. Clearly, discussing Aquaman makes you gay.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by ODG
^ Aquaman #17. Came out Feb 2013.

sam

laughing out loud

==

So anyway... Heimdall. How strong/durable is he?

Zack Fair
Good because I grind when I read the issues and it is very easy to overlook things. All I could remember was that 1 soldier that got owned by BM

-Pr-
So you like to grind on Aquaman, do you?

cdtm

==

So anyway... Heimdall. How strong/durable is he?

Asgardians are supposed to be around class 50, right?

Volstagg managed to somewhat hold his own against Ragnarok... Pretty sure Heimdalls above any of the Warriors Three..

curryman
Why's Aquaman's history and telepathy on trial here?

I don't understand why people think Heimdal's so strong-

Originally posted by cdtm

Volstagg managed to somewhat hold his own against Ragnarok... Pretty sure Heimdalls above any of the Warriors Three..

Heimdall's stronger than most of 'em, but he's not above them.

-Pr-

I don't know; that's why I asked lol.

The only Asgardian I really know anything about is Thor, from when I read the Avengers books.

Originally posted by curryman
Why's Aquaman's history and telepathy on trial here?

I don't understand why people think Heimdal's so strong-

Heimdall's stronger than most of 'em, but he's not above them.

Because of his reboot, is all.

zopzop

According to what? The Handbooks? That can't be because they list the "average" Asgardian male as CL25 and the "average" Asgardian female as CL20.

Hemidall was listed as CL50 I think. Brunhilda is CL45. Sif CL30 or CL35 can't remember.

Badabing
Heimdall is usually portrayed below Thor but above the Warriors Three in strength.

Overall powers, he's below Thor and Odin but above most other Asgardians.

Edit: This isn't based on anything "official". Just my opinion. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Isn't your word law around these parts?

Badabing
Isn't your word law around these parts? Good point. Let me ponder it for a while...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/1356811743picsay1356811.jpg

SevenShackles
Well how about this. How does the swordsmanship of Hemidall stand to arthurs skills with his trident? I'd imagin in a hand to hand conflict involving weapons Hemidalls senses will give him an edge but their weapon skill must count for something and I'm curious how they measure up.

-K-M-

No,

Average Asgardian Male - 30 tons
Average Asgardian Female - 25 tons
----
Balder - 50 tons
Bor - 100 tons
Enchantress - 25 tons
Fandral - 30 tons
Hela - 100 tons
Hogun - 35 tons
Loki - 50 tons
Odin - 60 tons
Sif - 30 tons
Valkeyrie - 45 tons
Volstagg - 35 tons (in his prime he could press 50 tons)*

*Stats from Thor & Hercules - Encyclopedia Mythologica

Heimdell - 50 tons
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/EncyclopediaMythologica-0015A_zpscb3b22ff.jpg

Parmaniac
Going by the fact that Handbook entries pop up, does Heimdal have any actual strength feats?

-Pr-
That's what I was wondering, as Handbook entries are usually a last resort rather than a primary resource when it comes to power levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.