Thor vs DCnU Superman (read OP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
This isn't a standard fight. In this fight both characters are well aware of each other's powers. They are both going to try to use their most powerful attacks right off the bat if they think it's viable. i.e., Thor will attempt a godblast immediately if he thinks he can pull it off. Thor will go to his most powerful and exotic attacks IMMEDIATELY.

He's not fighting like normal Thor.

Superman is doing the same. He will press his speed advantage to it's fullest potential, and will hit Thor as hard as he can.

Both are going for a kill. Both know the other is going to use their most powerful attacks immediately.

Who has the edge?

BFR will count as a win, if it removes the character far enough away. i.e. if Thor sends Superman into orbit like he did to Nul, Superman will return immediately.

Fight is on earth, but while all the buildings are here, there are no people and they don't care about destroying earth and any collateral damage.

PillarofOsiris
By these stips there is no way Thor would even know what happened to him when he woke up in Valhalla.

Slaanesh
Supes win cuz he's way too fast for Thor..

Sh3nG L0nG
with no PIS, i don't think Thor has a chance of hitting superman with a God Blast, superman is too quick and would not try to tank it knowing Thor's attacks are magical based. With that said, it comes down to Thor's reaction speed IMO. according to the forums he has enough reaction speed to avoid superman's physical attacks. not sure what would be more effective against Thor, heat vision or freeze breath or whether both attacks are useless. It's an epic match that comes down to Thor's reaction speed.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
with no PIS, i don't think Thor has a chance of hitting superman with a God Blast, superman is too quick and would not try to tank it knowing Thor's attacks are magical based. With that said, it comes down to Thor's reaction speed IMO. according to the forums he has enough reaction speed to avoid superman's physical attacks. not sure what would be more effective against Thor, heat vision or freeze breath or whether both attacks are useless. It's an epic match that comes down to Thor's reaction speed. Punch to the face will suffice.

Having said that DCNU Supes is no "I can vibrate myself intangible. I know how to expertly use all my abilities at super speed. I will wear you down before you can blink" Pre-Flashpoint Kal.

Philosophía
Yeah, speed or, better said, its versatility is something that post DCnU Superman still has to catch up.

The 'every medical book ever written' feat is still up there, though, in terms of raw speed.

pym-ftw
I might be in the minority but I hope he doesn't regain his full speed based powers, it makes flash less special.

-Pr-
Huh @ this thread.

Philosophía
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I might be in the minority but I hope he doesn't regain his full speed based powers, it makes flash less special. They're not so much a power, as a natural extension of superspeed .

What represents a power is speed stealing, lending, body aura etc. .

Daredevil1
I might be in the minority but I hope he doesn't regain his full speed based powers, it makes flash less special.

I don't think he will. He'll have his highs for sure but recently a fat atleanten clobbered him.

And then with Wonderwoman's help he struggled lifting this big ship.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Daredevil1
I don't think he will. He'll have his highs for sure but recently a fat atleanten clobbered him.

And then with Wonderwoman's help he struggled lifting this big ship. He's talking about speed.

If you're into baiting, watch your timing. Or otherwise it's easier for me to report you for trolling. smile

-Pr-

And then with Wonderwoman's help he struggled lifting this big ship.

If you're going to try and bait people, at least do it with remotely accurate information.

Either way, stop baiting. Nothing in that issue was a low showing.

PillarofOsiris
The medical book feat was far beyond Thors ability to react. These stips make this a non-fight

-Pr-
I'm honestly not sure what the point of this thread is, so not sure I should leave it open.

Daredevil1
It was about speed since he got tagged by fatty. I guess your a little slow to not in speed but in the head j/k wink

In all honesty I give this fight to Supes but I could see Thor win some.

-Pr-
It was about speed since he got tagged by fatty. I guess your a little slow to not in speed but in the head j/k wink

In all honesty I give this fight to Supes but I could see Thor win some.

He was tagged with a sucker punch by an Atlantean that has super speed and super strength.

So stop baiting. I'm not going to tell you again.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by -Pr-
If you're going to try and bait people, at least do it with remotely accurate information.

Either way, stop baiting. Nothing in that issue was a low showing.

Baiting IMO help with Wonderwoman on lifting a big ship and struggling with it. In comparison to benching the earth for 5 day straight isn't a lower strength feat.

Then what is a lower strength feat.

What is lower for Thor him moving the midgard serphent
Or him struggling with Gladiator to carry a plane.

Pr which is the lower feat?

Daredevil1
Obviously Thor with Gladiator struggling to carry the plane is a "lower" strength feat then Thor moving the midgard serphent.

Its really that hard to tell Pr?

Sh3nG L0nG
Obviously Thor with Gladiator struggling to carry the plane is a "lower" strength feat then Thor moving the midgard serphent.

Its really that hard to tell Pr?

What's the context in both? Any capable reader should understand that unless the plot requires it, none of the characters you mentioned should struggle lifting a plane of all things.

-Pr-
Baiting IMO help with Wonderwoman on lifting a big ship and struggling with it. In comparison to benching the earth for 5 day straight isn't a lower strength feat.

Then what is a lower strength feat.

What is lower for Thor him moving the midgard serphent
Or him struggling with Gladiator to carry a plane.

Pr which is the lower feat?

I'm not talking about Lower Strength feats. I'm talking about low showings, none of which happened in the DC books this week.

There was no indication that he was having trouble with the aircraft carrier, even though it would have been tough to lift with where he was holding on to it.

So no, not a low showing.

I really hope you're not going to make me repeat myself.

Daredevil1
What's the context in both? Any capable reader should understand that unless the plot requires it, none of the characters you mentioned should struggle lifting a plane of all things.

I agree with you. Direct comparisons are much greater then isolated feats in this regard.

You have to look at the "whole" picture. Good post.

Sh3nG L0nG
I agree with you. Direct comparisons are much greater then isolated feats in this regard.

You have to look at the "whole" picture. Good post. thumb up

Daredevil1
I'm not talking about Lower Strength feats. I'm talking about low showings, none of which happened in the DC books this week.

There was no indication that he was having trouble with the aircraft carrier, even though it would have been tough to lift with where he was holding on to it.

So no, not a low showing.

I really hope you're not going to make me repeat myself.

Then there's the confusion. I was talking about a lower strength feat.

-Pr-
Is it as impressive as pressing a planet? No.

Is it a low showing because of that? No.

What's the problem?

carver9
Thor wins. Need to see more from this version of Supes before saying he can beat the big boys.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by carver9
Thor wins. Need to see more from this version of Supes before saying he can beat the big boys.
How does Thor win this match? Not baiting you, btw, but I am genuily curious to know what strategy you think he uses to win here.

carver9
How does Thor win this match? Not baiting you, btw, but I am genuily curious to know what strategy you think he uses to win here.

Numerous of ways. Hitting him the head with his hammer repeatedly...blasting him, etc, etc...I don't see how he would lose.

Daredevil1
Is it as impressive as pressing a planet? No.

Is it a low showing because of that? No.

What's the problem?

No problem. Just notice a different power level for the story.

My comment was not for the OP Pr? It was towards this statement.

His speed will fluctuate like his strength depending on the story or more importantly direct comparison feats. While flash will be much more "consistent" with his speed I imagine nothing wrong with that since that is all his power set pretty much.

Philo being a big supe fan took that as attack on one of his favorite characters I imagine.

-Pr-
No problem. Just notice a different power level for the story.

My comment was not for the OP Pr? It was towards this statement.

His speed will fluctuate like his strength depending on the story or more importantly direct comparison feats. While flash will be much more "consistent" with his speed I imagine nothing wrong with that since that is all his power set pretty much.

Philo being a big supe fan took that as attack on one of his favorite characters I imagine.

What power level?

Superman, like any character, is not always going to have his highest feats in every book.

Daredevil1
Numerous of ways. Hitting him the head with his hammer repeatedly...blasting him, etc, etc...I don't see how he would lose.

Although Thor can win but under these circumstances...it would be hardly. Thor has had major difficulty at times with Gladiator and Hyperion. But this fight has starting point circumstances that favor Supes more IMO.

Under the OP's stipulations its going to be very difficult for Thor to win if he's going for the God blast initially. That takes time......while Supes using his speed doesn't take to much time. Now he did say Thor can use his most exotic attacks besides the GB. So it would be interesting to see him use his heat seeking hammer that turned Hyperion super small. But Thor has never used that attack to my knowledge again????

That attack may not even exist no more for current Thor. Anyone know?

Daredevil1
What power level?

Superman, like any character, is not always going to have his highest feats in every book.

Since when do we go by highest feat? Its about the average and constant feat. That's why Supermans speed won't make the Flash speed look useless. They'll still use it in different ways and at different levels I imagine.

Unless you believe Superman will use it better and more consistent then Flash?

Sh3nG L0nG
Well Superman is not a nail, so I don't think he's going to let Thor hit him on the head repeatedly without breaking free. This is assuming of course Thor gets close enough to supes and is strong enough to hold him with one arm while hitting him on the head with the other. The blasts are not fast enough to hit a superman using his speed effectively, imo.

-Pr-
Since when do we go by highest feat? Its about the average and constant feat. That's why Supermans speed won't make the Flash speed look useless. They'll still use it in different ways and at different levels I imagine.

Unless you believe Superman will use it better and more consistent then Flash?

I'm not sure I'm following you.

Flash is faster than Superman; that can't really be argued. He also can do more with his speed than Superman can.

What does any of this have to do with the aircraft carrier or Vulko?

Daredevil1
I'm not sure I'm following you.

Flash is faster than Superman; that can't really be argued. He also can do more with his speed than Superman can.

What does any of this have to do with the aircraft carrier or Vulko?

Different portrayal of power level. They'll do that with Supes speed even much more so then his strength IMO.

I don't think that poster has to worry about Flash speed looking useless in comparison to Supes.

-Pr-
Different portrayal of power level. They'll do that with Supes speed even much more so then his strength IMO.

I don't think that poster has to worry about Flash speed looking useless in comparison to Supes.

When are they portraying his power level differently? There was no indication in Aquaman or JL that they were writing him weaker that I saw.

Him not using his max powers in every issue doesn't mean he's been weakened.

Daredevil1
If him struggling with that ship and with the help of another big name like Wonderwoman doesn't prescribe to you as lower strength showing in comparison to pressing planet weight for 5 days easily without so much as a struggling portrayal.

If there's not a difference to you then I don't know what is Pr? To make that scene consistent with his earth feat. " I "would have had them both lift it....check...they both did that. And hold it up without a struggle of any type especially since its both of them. No straining face expression like it was shown. And know grunting noise that was made like it was shown. It wasn't shown to be done super easy for him and on top of that with help.

Don't get me wrong it's still impressive but there is a distinction in that feat towards his other non help planet moving for 5 days. If you don't think there is a bit of a difference, well then I don't know how else to convince you.

CosmicComet
That feat was embarrassing.

Comics embarrass me frequently. Most inconsistent medium ever created. Ever. For all times into infinity.

-Pr-
If him struggling with that ship and with the help of another big name like Wonderwoman doesn't prescribe to you as lower strength showing in comparison to pressing planet weight for 5 days easily without so much as a struggling portrayal.

If there's not a difference to you then I don't know what is Pr? To make that scene consistent with his earth feat. " I "would have had them both lift it....check...they both did that. And hold it up without a struggle of any type especially since its both of them. No straining face expression like it was shown. And know grunting noise that was made like it was shown. It wasn't shown to be done super easy for him and on top of that with help.

Don't get me wrong it's still impressive but there is a distinction in that feat towards his other non help planet moving for 5 days. If you don't think there is a bit of a difference, well then I don't know how else to convince you.

Who says he was struggling?

Again, just because he doesn't lift up the tanker with one hand, troll Wonder Woman and then toss it in to the ocean doesn't make him weaker.

You're reading way too much in to a feat that was designed purely for plot purposes.

This is the same Superman that moved the planet, and the feat isn't embarrassing in the slightest, nor is it a low showing.

D-Block
Who says he was struggling?

Again, just because he doesn't lift up the tanker with one hand, troll Wonder Woman and then toss it in to the ocean doesn't make him weaker.

You're reading way too much in to a feat that was designed purely for plot purposes.

This is the same Superman that moved the planet, and the feat isn't embarrassing in the slightest, nor is it a low showing.
Plus weren't they using the ship to slow down the water flow?

-Pr-
Originally posted by D-Block
Plus weren't they using the ship to slow down the water flow?

Yep.

Daredevil1
He didn't have to toss it Pr or even troll Wonderwoman? Just do it with "no" struggle what so ever. Not a hint of strain. Especially since he had "help". The fact that you stated it was a plot strength showing means you know it is a lower strength portrayal. This means exactly what I am saying.

But feel free to think that this level of portrayal of strength is perfectly equal to his casual earth press.

That was my last two cents on this.

PillarofOsiris
My friend helped me move a giant marker board once, it wasn't so heavy I couldn't lift the weight, it was just big and awkward.

-Pr-
He didn't have to toss it Pr or even troll Wonderwoman? Just do it with "no" struggle what so ever. Not a hint of strain. Especially since he had "help". The fact that you stated it was a plot strength showing means you know it is a lower strength portrayal. This means exactly what I am saying.

But feel free to think that this level of portrayal of strength is perfectly equal to his casual earth press.

That was my last two cents on this.

Him doing it with no struggle at all would have been pretty stupid, especially since a) his leverage was crap, and b) it wasn't just an aircraft carrier; it was an aircraft carrier that was being pushed by a tidal wave that was flooding metropolis. and you still haven't answered my question, even though i've asked it repeatedly. pretty telling, no?

No, that isn't what I thought at all, nor what I "know".

I never said it was equal, and I'd appreciate if you didn't continue to twist my words to suit your agenda.

==

Anyway, closing what could very easily be taken as a bait thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.