Who can beat Corvo Altano??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sCOURGE_0
And I don't mean characters that would stomp him like Galactus. Or even video game characters like Dante. But characters that could beat Corvo buy wouldn't stomp him

Corvo is the main character from Dishonored BTW.

ArtificialGlory
Hmm. I'd like to hear some of his feats first.

MooCowofJustice
From what I remember you're looking at people like Daredevil and Captain America. Mostly street level, but with a little something extra that puts them over the top. For Corvo it's his magic spells or whatever, and his gear.

Just guessing without thinkin' too hard:
Captain America
Iron Fist
Wolverine
Black Canary
Sweet Tooth (might need some prep time or advanced warning)
Cole McGrath (minus evil ending from inFamous 2)
Wario
people from Dynasty Warriors games
some Fire Emblem characters
and so on.

Pwned
I dunno. Corvo has survived quite a bit, not to mention his extensive stealth skills, his teleport, etc. He can actually force himself into another being (not sexually (I know you were thinking it.... Neph no expression )) and then pop out behind them, causing them to be sick. At this point, he can kill them.

He can also use highly concentratedf blasts of air to throw them away. See through walls, etc.

All in all, if there is ANY chance of him using stealth, it will be absurdly hard to take him.

sCOURGE_0
I don't think standard streets can beat Corvo, not even top tiers like Midnighter, because of his body possession

MooCowofJustice
Is this body possession a guaranteed hit?

KingD19
Time Freeze + Body Possession

Time Freeze + Bullet + Body Possession(Walk someone a half inch in front of a fired bullet)

With his time freeze, pretty much any street leveler is doomed.

MooCowofJustice
I don't remember a Time Freeze. Of course, I didn't remember a Body Possession either. I didn't like that game though, so I never got far.

Just put him against Wolverine then. Enhanced senses to defeat the stealth mechanics and an inability to be killed by anything Corvo has. To be honest, if he's going to rely heavily on Body Possession for his kills, he'll be something of a one trick pony. It'll be really hard to come up with anybody who can defeat or survive the body possession and not stomp him in every other area. Like in the case of Wolverine.

sCOURGE_0
How would Wolverine beat his body possession though? I mean Wolverine can soak up bullets but would if Corvo just drowns him instead?

The thing is though he can only body possess and time freeze for so long so if a street leveler can wear survive long enough they can beat him. But it's highly doubtful unless you have high damage soak like Wolverine or Midnighter

the ninjak
I haven't played the game yet, yet I'm aware of Corvo's ability to stop time and place an opponent within the deathshot of their own bullet.

Pwned
He is also the best fighter in his entire nation..... From a guards dialogue, you can hear about how they once saw him take on 3 of the best at once without even breaking a sweat. Comparable to a whirlwind.

Also, he has regeneration (the Vitality power, tier 2) albeit a slow one. Minor wounds will be healed in a minute or so (This is admittedly not concrete, as it is a power that just refills your health meter. I assume it to be fast healing of minor wounds, as that sounds plausible)

Against Wolverine, he can just summon a swarm of rats that will proceed to devour him. The rats had shown the ability for a swarm to eat a human down to just muscle in seconds, down to bone in another couple seconds. If anybody gets too close, windblast knocks them away. A stealth kill leaves no body, he can also see them, where they can see, and anything useful through items. He also has superhuman speed, agility, and jumping prowess (From the agility ability) All in all, Corvo is a daunting opponent, able to stand up to any street in a straight up fight due to his supernatural abilities. Clever use of said abilities will also be able to take out quite a few higher ups.

ArtificialGlory
A Space Marine, Cabadath, one of those cyborg ninjas from MGS, an average Dreadlord.

Those I think would make for pretty good opponents for Corvo.

MooCowofJustice
I remember swarms of rats, and honestly, one of them will not kill Wolverine. His regeneration is way too insane.

Pwned
I will have to re time it, but if he uses the power twice, then there may just be enough for the Red Shirt Army Rule to work.

Wolverine would be an insane opponent to fight for anybody that relies on physical combat. I think Corvo could find a way to take him down. Maybe a sleep dart? Regen wouldn't cover that.

Wolverine is also a special case, what with his regen. Any other X-Man would be dead.

MooCowofJustice
Wolverine's regeneration has covered a bunch of shit. I wouldn't be surprised to find out his body would be extra resistant to poisons and other chemicals. Last thread I made that had him in it was against Samurai Jack, and his healing factor had all kinds of ridiculous feats attached.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Pwned
I will have to re time it, but if he uses the power twice, then there may just be enough for the Red Shirt Army Rule to work.

Wolverine would be an insane opponent to fight for anybody that relies on physical combat. I think Corvo could find a way to take him down. Maybe a sleep dart? Regen wouldn't cover that.

Wolverine is also a special case, what with his regen. Any other X-Man would be dead.

Even if the rats managed to strip every ounce of flesh from Wolverine's bones, he would still regenerate. Wolverine has a fairly ridiculous, near-godlike healing factor. Things like poisons, drugs, etc. also have a greatly reduced effect on Wolverine.

KingD19
Well currently Logan isn't as ridiculous. For a while he had a deal with the angel of death and everytime he was nearly dead, he had to fight him in the spirit realm. If he won, he came back completely fine, even from stuff like decapitation(before adamantium). But that deal is done now, so Corvo has a slim chance, but his resistance to poisons and things of that nature are increased a great deal.

Pwned
So the way I am getting it, Corvo has the slimmest of slim chances against Wolverine due to his HF. I can live with that. WOlverine was my favorite X-Man anyways stick out tongue

Xavier could beat him, hands down.

Suprised nobody has mentioned the Hulk. Though with him, I see Corvo just possessing him repeatedly until he calms down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.