U-Foes vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

YFZ 350
Billy wins.

DTM
This is DCs Capt Marvel? Then yes, CM wins here.

cdtm
Originally posted by DTM
This is DCs Capt Marvel? Then yes, CM wins here.

Yeah, DC Cap.

I'm not too familiar with U-Foes, but their powers sound impressive.. It was U-Foes that put down Thor in Siege, wasn't it? And they took Hulk in Heroes for Hire.

Horrificus
U-Foes are horribly powerful and if they were not written as typical "fodder characters" they would pose much more of a threat than they do.

zopzop
Captain Marvel wins.

He's MUCH stronger than Iron Clad. MUCH. Not to mention faster and far more durable.

I don't see Vapor or X-Ray doing jack to him either. That leaves only Vector, and while his TK powers are impressive, he'll fall too.

abhilegend
The same U-foes that were beat down by cap and nick fury? Yeah, this is no brainer.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by abhilegend
The same U-foes that were beat down by cap and nick fury? Yeah, this is no brainer. Terrible argument. Not saying the U-Foes win, but for Cap I hope he's able to hit intangible/formless beings.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Terrible argument. Not saying the U-Foes win, but for Cap I hope he's able to hit intangible/formless beings.
Inorite.
uhuh

He was able to hurt Obisidian's intangible shadow form with his lightning.

zopzop
Terrible argument. Not saying the U-Foes win, but for Cap I hope he's able to hit intangible/formless beings.
You talking about Vapor?

Does Cap have "super breath" he could just scatter her molecules for miles and she'd be phucked.

He could also save her for last and "shazam bolt" her into human form like Thor did with his lightening.

I can't see a way the U-Foes win, even using their best showings.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by zopzop
You talking about Vapor?

Does Cap have "super breath" he could just scatter her molecules for miles and she'd be phucked.

He could also save her for last and "shazam bolt" her into human form like Thor did with his lightening.

I can't see a way the U-Foes win, even using their best showings. X-Ray, pure energy, can't be touched (I know there are exceptions but I call PIS considering most of the times it didn't work, his powers are explained this way and common sense should also tell us), can turn invisible, unhearable, can emit all types of radiation. Again I'm not saying they win not really familiar with Caps feats when it comes to stuff like this.

Using their best showings Vector tore off Hulks flesh till he almost was a skeleton and and ****ed up reality itself twice. X-Ray melt a big chunk of iron pretty much instantly when he shot his rays.

My main problem here is that most people think the U-Foes are a bunch of weak idiots, this is not meant to argue a win for them.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, DC Cap.

I'm not too familiar with U-Foes, but their powers sound impressive.. It was U-Foes that put down Thor in Siege, wasn't it? And they took Hulk in Heroes for Hire.
It was U foes plus a group of other villains.

guy222
u-foes lose

zopzop
X-Ray, pure energy, can't be touched (I know there are exceptions but I call PIS considering most of the times it didn't work, his powers are explained this way and common sense should also tell us), can turn invisible, unhearable, can emit all types of radiation. Again I'm not saying they win not really familiar with Caps feats when it comes to stuff like this.

Using their best showings Vector tore off Hulks flesh till he almost was a skeleton and and ****ed up reality itself twice. X-Ray melt a big chunk of iron pretty much instantly when he shot his rays.

My main problem here is that most people think the U-Foes are a bunch of weak idiots, this is not meant to argue a win for them.

X-Ray's "pure" energy form has been contradicted on panel a few times. He put the Human Torch (Hammond) in a full nelson. Pure energy beings don't go around putting physical objects in full nelsons. big grin

Also, any dense object, like lead pipes, really messes him up.

Vector fought Prof. Hulk. His durability was never really all that impressive, it was his healing factor that was awesome. He recovered instantly. And it wasn't to the bone, you can see his muscles and stuff :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18255/1324586-hulk398_super.jpg

Branlor Swift
I imagine this battle to go like Hulk vs Loki from the Avengers movie. Cap jumps in between them and just starts wrecking shit up.

Horrificus
Originally posted by guy222
u-foes lose That's right guy. They do. And, it's too bad, because that's all they are ever written to do.

But, I think they are a cool team and if they weren't created to job, they could easily capitalize on some seriously high-level powers.

That is, if their power levels were allowed to evolve and develop, with feats moving farther up the scales as well, the way hero power levels tend to do.

A lot of times, villains-with-promise, like Graviton or Terrax tend to stagnate, while characters like Scarlet Witch go from Avengers entertainment to ruling the multiverse!

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Horrificus
That's right guy. They do. And, it's too bad, because that's all they are ever written to do.

But, I think they are a cool team and if they weren't created to job, they could easily capitalize on some seriously high-level powers.

That is, if their power levels were allowed to evolve and develop, with feats moving farther up the scales as well, the way hero power levels tend to do.

A lot of times, villains-with-promise, like Graviton or Terrax tend to stagnate, while characters like Scarlet Witch go from Avengers entertainment to ruling the multiverse! thumb up

basilisk
U-Foes have some good showings, taking down Hulk a couple of times and helping to take down Thor. Ironclad has lasted a while against Hulk. X-Ray's radiation blast has stunned Thor for a minute or two when he failed to hammer block.

On the other hand, Iron Clad was one-shot punched by Gilgamesh. Thor's lightning has defeated Vapor, and Thor defeated X-Ray and Vector by absorbing X-Ray's energy and using it against them. And Hulk always ends up beating up on Ironclad in a straight fight.

I don't see any of the U-Foes powers hurting Cap's durability all that much. He doesn't have Hulk's gamma weakness to exploit. And with his strength, flight, and lightning bolts he should be able to dish out similar to what Thor, Hulk, and Gilgamesh did. Throw in some thunderlclaps for Vapor. Add his high level super-speed and I think the U-Foes would be in trouble.

X-Ray might be able to stalemate or escape in his energy form, since Cap may not have anything to counter that, as long as he doesn't get speedblitz tagged while in physical form.

X-Ray, pure energy, can't be touched (I know there are exceptions but I call PIS considering most of the times it didn't work, his powers are explained this way and common sense should also tell us), Originally posted by zopzop
X-Ray's "pure" energy form has been contradicted on panel a few times. He put the Human Torch (Hammond) in a full nelson. Pure energy beings don't go around putting physical objects in full nelsons. big grin I am pretty sure he can turn into both physical and energy forms, so sometimes he gets caught out.

zopzop
Originally posted by basilisk
I am pretty sure he can turn into both physical and energy forms, so sometimes he gets caught out.
This is probably true, but dense materials like lead, can still mess him up in either form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.