Dread Masters -vs- Dark Side Elite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rookwood
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/DreadElite_zpsdbf72b46.jpg

The Dread Masters during the Tales of the Old Republic and Reborn Palpatine's Dark Side Elite are whisked away through time and space, to do battle on the sands of Tatooine.

They stand 10 Feet Apart - facing each other in a line.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All Out

Can Palpatine's Elite group of Sith warriors, defeat the Dread Masters of Vitiate's Sith Empire?

Rookwood
Upon reflection - these two factions of warriors are very much like one another.

Both groups are Elite, and both contain articles on mooks filled with little information - aside from the leaders themselves.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dread_Masters
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Side_Elite

A battle between the two - would be very interesting, indeed..

ares834
Don't know enough about the Dread Masters to say.

However, Sedriss QL is pretty powerful. Bnar, a Jedi that even Exar Kun was not keen to battle, only defeated Sedriss by sacrificing himself.

jadams3928
LOL@Sedriss. The Dread Masters would curbstomp. If those 6 made entire Republic fleets go insane, what can the dark side elite do?

ares834
Didn't they use an artifact for that?

jadams3928
No, the phobis devices were in the dark temple. They were the only ones to study them without going insane.

ares834

The_Tempest
On the one hand, Sedriss killed a guy that tanked a supernova. On the other, these dudes apparently pwn fleets.

The_Tempest
I took a gander at the relevant codex entries:

It doesn't imply much for these guys as combatants. Any other relevant information?

Rookwood
Originally posted by The_Tempest

It doesn't imply much for these guys as combatants. Any other relevant information?

Well, the one thing that sticks out for me, is that this gilded group of supposed bad asses actually got captured and imprisoned, all.

Which makes me wonder how uber in combat they're really supposed to be?

jadams3928
Originally posted by Rookwood
Well, the one thing that sticks out for me, is that this gilded group of supposed bad asses actually got captured and imprisoned, all.

Which makes me wonder how uber in combat they're really supposed to be?

The_Tempest
It should be noted that they did so by harnessing the device's power to project fear into the minds of the enemy officers, not by literally destroying them.

jadams3928
From what you quoted and from the game itself, it seems that they just learned whatever power the devices had. They didn't actually have any of the devices in their possession.

The_Tempest
Possibly, but their wiki entry (I know, not a source) says their ship was infiltrated and that all six were captured by one lone Jedi and a Republic strike force.

jadams3928
That they were. Shit happens?

Nephthys

0aIwb5Vjr-8

0.40 I believe they kill a guy with pure terror. 1.50 they dominate a squad of Republic troops and drive one of them insane with fear.

Nothing too impressive, just proof that they can use their powers quickly and without using a ritual of any kind. It also shows how they can take out whole fleets if we just increase the scale.

Rookwood
Can the Dark Side Elite take them, then?

Hmm..

Nephthys
No.

Q99
The Dread Masters were high-level Sith Lords in the Sith Empire.

The Dark Side 'Elite,' on the flip side, were darksiders not given true Sith training by Palpatine.

Dark Empire Luke was able to handle Sedriss, easily the most powerful of them (rivaled perhaps only by Kam), very solidly.

Kam Solusar, another one of them, turned, was able to beat the saber trainer of the group, and temporary hold off three others, and then much later ended up a reasonably strong but not exceptional Jedi master on the council but not one of it's more powerful members, and that's after much more training.

The way Luke took out Xecr Nist, the leader after Sedriss fell (and well after Kam turned), was kinda sad smile

Pretty much, of these I think only Sedriss and Kam may be able to put up some fight.

The Dark Side 'Elite' were ultimately expendable tools to Palpatine, and not true elite.

Mizukage Yoda
The Dread Masters have a crap ton of hype...but presumably they were solo'd by Jeric Kaedan.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
0aIwb5Vjr-8

0.40 I believe they kill a guy with pure terror. 1.50 they dominate a squad of Republic troops and drive one of them insane with fear.

Affecting the mind of a non-Force sensitive thug is a far cry from replicating the same feat against a trained Force adept. The Codex expressly states that any impressive powers derives from all Masters working in unison. That's a tremendous vulnerability.

Nothing too impressive,

I'll say.

just proof that they can use their powers quickly and without using a ritual of any kind. It also shows how they can take out whole fleets if we just increase the scale.

This is total speculation, actually.

They were captured by a lone Jedi and a Republic special forces squad under unknown circumstances, but the fact that they were captured and detained for so long implies limitations to their power, which is commensurate with what is known from their Codex entries. Their real gifts manifest only when harnessing the power of the Phobis device and in unison.

They've shown nothing here that would suggest or even guarantee victory over the adepts.

The Elite definitely aren't impressive, in my book. But as of yet I'm not seeing any clear advantage one group has over the other in combat prowess.

The_Tempest
Just watched the full mission and Heart Rend is a Force adept, conceded there.

jadams3928
^Finally

-kV-
The Dread Masters win this fight.

Q99

The Elite definitely aren't impressive, in my book. But as of yet I'm not seeing any clear advantage one group has over the other in combat prowess.

Even if they aren't nearly as individually badass as some other sith, I think combining reasonable levels of skill + their fear powers is enough for a win. Maybe take a few losses to the stronger Elite, but that's it.

Hm, maybe the 7 Dark Jedi (Jerec's Group) would be a better fight than the Dark Side elite.

Nephthys
Heart Rend

Such an adorable name. love

Nephthys
Haha, why is this even a thread?

Man, the DM's whoop these guys so freaking bad.....

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Styrak solo'es...

NewGuy01
Styrak alone seemed very very powerful, he was even a flashpoint boss. During the fight he grew to something like 50 feet tall and went maniac against the republic strike team.

DanBrown19118
Yea, that's just all kinds of insane right there, borderline stupid harry potter magic. Anyways, I think Calphayus is canonically the most powerful.

NewGuy01
I thought the canonically most powerful was the guy who's name started with an "R", and Styrak was second only to him?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Raptus, and yeah, he was basically the leader

Q99
Haha, why is this even a thread?

Man, the DM's whoop these guys so freaking bad.....

A better fight would be the Dark Side Elite vs 7 Sith from the empire picked at random ^^

Btw, have we learned more of the DMs since then?

Nephthys
Yeah, they've been the subject of some updates. One thing I found was this: "On Belsavis, the Dread Masters were imprisoned in the main levels of the facility in separate cells, but all other prisoners within a quarter mile of them died almost immediately after the Sith arrived."

They can use their fear power individually as Styrak was able to dominate and craze an army of mercenaries by himself. Then you get to fight and kill him and he displays some crazy powers in his fight.

The latest update has you fight them all. IDK much about it but even just from the video in the other thread they come off as hugely powerful.

DanBrown19118
Indeed. But if you defeat them all by yourself, doesn't that make you a force god? I hate the fluctuation of power levels in video games.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
they are all defeated in operations

Nephthys
Yeah, operations are between 8 to 16 people strong. Of course, its not actually that many since theres not that many classes, so I guess either one of the faction classes took them out or the Republic and Empire joined together for an 8 man takedown.

DanBrown19118
Oh I didn't know Dread War was an ops. Makes more sense.

NewGuy01
Pretty sure they're all defeated separately, though.

The Merchant
Ood Bnar took a supernova?

Mizukage Yoda
Honestly Styrak does likely solo.

Q99
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Honestly Styrak does likely solo.

There are two of the DSE- Kam and Sedriss- who are pretty skilled, so I'm not sure about soloing.

S_W_LeGenD
Dread Masters annihilate.

Nephthys
Kam and Sedriss are mediocre at best and would get owned by Styrak imo.

Palpatine considered Sedriss as moderate in the Force and he was the best of the Dark Side Elite. They're practically fodder against any serious combatants. Powerful and ancient Sith like the Dread Masters would stomp them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.