Silver Linings Playbook

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ascendancy
Go see it. I'm not a fan at all of the Hangover series, but Limitless was enough to get me on board with Bradley Cooper and I liked the previews so I thought I'd check this out. I wasn't disappointed at all. Great movie, especially in terms of the idea that even when things are bad it's not all over. Might have to see it again.

KingD19
Bradley Cooper is a great actor from the stuff I've seen him in. This, Limitless, A-Team, that new movie where he's a writer.

And man...the things I would do to Jenn Lawrence.

Ascendancy
I forgot all about A-Team. That was a fun movie.

ditto
I enjoyed it.

rudester
I loved how real his problems got...it was realistic and I couldn't understand how he got blamed for his girlfriend cheating on him?

KingD19
That's actually pretty realistic. Guys with emotional problems and BD(Bipolar Disorder) are often blamed for their partner resorting to cheating because they tend to push them away in the relationship.

Even though in my opinion thats total bs. If you're in a relationship, you have to work at it to make it stay that way. If a guy or girl has problems, take that into account.

A friend of mine's girl cheated on him twice, and both times she claimed he was pushing her away and made him believe it was his fault. Despite the fact that she was staying with him, and he was working two jobs on top of going to school full time and he has emotional issues that required meds at times.

Robtard
Originally posted by rudester
and I couldn't understand how he got blamed for his girlfriend cheating on him?

Post Modern Feminist. Any questions?

BTW, it was his whore wife, not a whore GF.

edit: Sorry, there's no reason to believe see was being paid, so she's not a whore, but just a **** wife.

rudester
All im saying is that the community around him or people around him should have been on his side..It's understandable that he reacted that way!

roughrider
It is one of the best of 2012, easily. Jennifer Lawrence is awesome in it.

Ascendancy
It was pretty cool that they brought in a disorder and really made it understandable. Reminiscent of Love and Other Drugs as it also did a great job of portraying the way issues can affect relationships and those who have the disease, etc. Doesn't feel like a lot of movies discuss problems like that without overdoing it.

helenzlatkovic
One of the best movie
but unfortunetly people who are seek like them, it isn t very nice to see
I know it from real life
this movie is a fairytale
angel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.