Waynes' Money or Wolverine's Healing factor vs Starfox's Pleasure Stimulation ability

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Which would you rather have?

StyleTime
If it's the real world and I'm protected from being hunted/experimented on/etc...

1. Healing factor: I fear old age. Seriously, I do. Staying in my physical/mental prime would be a welcome gift. The increased life expectancy also gives me plenty of opportunities to get rich. I won't be Bruce Wayne rich, but I could still make an awful lot of money.

2. Wayne's money: Money already is a "pleasure stimulation ability."

3. Starfox's ability. Obvious reasons.

dmills
Wolverine healing factor. Though it would be pretty painful watching everyone around me grow old and eventually die while I remained in my physical prime.

golem370
The thing about the long life is having to watch people die that are close to you.

Lord Feron
IDk much about starfox's power but I'd go with HF despite the drawbacks of what everyone else said. Also assuming i am not endangered like styletime said.

MF DELPH
I'd take Starfox's powers. I don't want to live forever, and mo' money, mo' problems. But being able to smash any chick whenever I wished for the rest of my natural life regardless of my financial status or appearance, as well as basically emotionally con men and women into taking care of me? Sign me up. I'd be roommates with Dania Ramirez and Rosa Acosta by the end of the day, with Bill Gates bankrolling it because I'm his new bestfriend.

godking
Healing factor only real drawback is watching everybody get old.

StiltmanFTW
hf

Galan007
I'd want Wayne's money. No doubt.

A healing factor? Phuck living like Connor MacLeod. Pleasure stimulation? Money can buy that.

StiltmanFTW
Mindset would rob you of every penny... he stalks you 24/7.

Galan007
With Wayne's money I'd be cloning myself like crazy. With all those Galanbots running around, Mindset would never be able to find Galan-Prime... Rape skills be damned!

golem370
Aw but with the starfox powers he could turn all those clones against you.

Bouboumaster
This thread is made of win

Galan007
Originally posted by golem370
Aw but with the starfox powers he could turn all those clones against you. Mindset isn't into pleasure, n00b.

Mshinu
HF definately, mainly because of extended life span.

Money second.

I can stimulate pleasure pretty well without powers big grin

golem370
Alright I would go with Starfox's powers think about this, I could go to the Forbes richest people in the world and have those people give me half of each of their fortunes which Bill Gates alone is 30 billion. With that power I could get with for starters Maxam Top 100 sexiest women. I would also have a personal army around me at all times. I would move into The Biltmore Estate and be absoutly happy for the rest of my life lol.

zopzop
Starfox's "pleasure" power all the way.

A) Money can run out if spent stupidly (or even if it's mostly stocks in your company and it goes under)

B) Living super long is nice, but sooner or later people will start noticing something is up.

Starfox's power in the real world would be "game breaking". Sex up anyone you want anytime or basically rob people blind (by "befriending" them and having them give you or will you everything they have). You'd be king of the world if you wanted to.

Glorificus
1. Money money money
2. Pleasure stimulation
3. Healing factor

Wolvie's healing factor is nice and all, but I wouldn't want to live that long. Plus the healing factor doesn't even negate pain, you still feel all of the damage even while regenerating.

StiltmanFTW
There are other benefits of Logan's HF, like enhanced strength, speed, stamina and senses.

golem370
I thought the strength was mainly because of the adamantium structure of Wolverine.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by zopzop
B) Living super long is nice, but sooner or later people will start noticing something is up. Not long ago at work a had discussion with someone over that. the whole paper shit would bust your cover in no long time (15-30 years) if you go for another ID card because your current is outdated and other shit. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would call the cops, not necessarily because they think you're immortal simply because they think you're faking IDs and other shit.

Unless you decide to live in a 3rd world country time will bust your cover anyways.

KingD19
I thought the strength was mainly because of the adamantium structure of Wolverine.

He's got plenty of strength feats without it. His strength is from his feral nature, the Adamantium just lets him pull off stuff without breaking his bones in the process.

StiltmanFTW
And because of its additional weight his muscles got stronger.

Bentley
Why would people want to live a long and painful life instead of a short one filled with pleasure its beyond me 131

StiltmanFTW
It doesn't really have to be painful.

Parmaniac
This entirely depends on what kind of person someone is.

Bentley
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It doesn't really have to be painful.

But you really don't have any guarantees, do you?

dmills
Although I choose healing factor I can certainly see the atraction abilities as being tempting. Here's why it's superior to Wayne's cash.

A multi billionaire has zero anonymity. You'd be getting harassed by boards, government officials, organizations asking for donations et al. With the powers of persuasion you could have billionaires on speed dial awaiting your every suggestion. You have everyone's ear, but at the same time you could remain in the shadows if you so choose. Get in the right ears, you pretty much run the world.

dmills
Originally posted by Bentley
Why would people want to live a long and painful life instead of a short one filled with pleasure its beyond me 131

For some people a short life of nothing but hedonism is painful because it's ultimately vain.

Bentley
Originally posted by dmills
For some people a short life of nothing but hedonism is painful because it's ultimately vain.

That's why I added the smiley. Ultimately, you could do more amazing stuff with Starfox's ability imo, but if someone you managed to use the Healing Factor for medical proposes it could eventually be an interesting thing. Many implications would depend on how your powers actually work.

StyleTime
Originally posted by StyleTime
If it's the real world and I'm protected from being hunted/experimented on/etc...
I'd just like to throw out that I had an "anti-negative public reaction" clause in mine. Having the appearance and physical abilities of a 29 year old while being the oldest human in history will put you under serious scrutiny and possibly endanger you.

....but the thread kinda gets pointless then. Wayne's money suddenly appearing in your account would set off all kinds of red flags too. Most would likely just go with Starfox's ability.

If it's under ideal circumstances though? Healing Factor. All day.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd take Starfox's powers. I don't want to live forever, and mo' money, mo' problems. But being able to smash any chick whenever I wished for the rest of my natural life regardless of my financial status or appearance, as well as basically emotionally con men and women into taking care of me? Sign me up. I'd be roommates with Dania Ramirez and Rosa Acosta by the end of the day, with Bill Gates bankrolling it because I'm his new bestfriend.
thumb up

"Id"
Logan Healing factor.

Not only would I be able to maintain my physical prime for what? 100 plus years. I can indulge myself with unprotected sex, and let my immune system beat any STD.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
With Wayne's money I'd be cloning myself like crazy. With all those Galanbots running around, Mindset would never be able to find Galan-Prime... Rape skills be damned! Your overconfidence amuses me.

Let the hunt begin.

Mindset
Originally posted by godking
Healing factor only real drawback is watching everybody get old. Just kill them before the get old.

What's the problem?

SamZED
Originally posted by Mshinu
HF definately, mainly because of extended life span.

Money second.

I can stimulate pleasure pretty well without powers big grin laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud thumb up

On topic, not sure id like to live that long. Other than that HF is the best choice. I could make a fortune betting rich idiots that i can survive a shot in the head. Money is second.

KingD19
And I think with prior knowledge, a person could come up with a way to figure out how to survive without people realizing how old they are.

And yeah, Sam, you could make a mint in any number of ways. Fighting since your HF keeps you from getting ko'd by any human, and you're strong enough to knock out just about anybody.

Russian Roulette.

Anything dangerous really.

You'd just have to get used to the pain.

SamZED
Now that you mentioned it Pro fighting is the best choice. Way better than blowing your brains out for money and less unwanted attention.

KingD19
Lol. This guy has been shot in the face about 17 times. Why is he still walking around?

But yeah, boxing or MMA would get you big bucks. And with your powers, you wouldn't even need to get in shape.

SamZED
Only problem.. Imagine youre fighting say Mayweather... Good luck dropping him before the final bell. No point trying to win by referee decision and people might notice your cuts are healing in midfight..

KingD19
Small cuts like that with Logan's pure hf(no adamantium) would heal basically instantly.

And with the strength boost, you should be able to knock someone out. Even then, you're living for hundreds of years, you can spend a few years training before you jump into it.

Parmaniac
You can also non stop hammer down on your opponent like no other boxer cause they would run out of juice pretty quick.

KingD19
Also true. Either win by KO or how the f*ck did he hit him 70 times in a 2 round match?

SamZED
Lol that'd look epic.

You could also make money selling your kidneys. Lots of kidneys. Like every day.

KingD19
You got a black market contact? Because I know they don't care where they get them from. But cutting your kidney out several times a day has got to hurt like a sumbitch.

SamZED
Lol no, no black market contacts. Still getting rich with a hf will be easy. Ill still donate organs for noble reasons. Probably. Maybe.

DarkSaint85
Starfox, all day, everyday.

His powers negates the advantages of Wayne's money. And why would you want to live forever? To accumulate money? Friends? All would be meaningless when you live forever.

Imagine doing what you're doing for the rest of your life. No thanks.

vince_slice
Wayne's money. Status and wealth are well known aphrodisiacs for women, which makes Star Fox's ability pointless, when wealth can bring that and much more. Wolverine's HF would be cool, but pointless for most of us who face first world problems; we're more concerned with buying groceries and getting jobs, than being mauled or killed.

DarkSaint85
Not all women are turned on by status/money.

I want to bang me some hippie chicks.

vince_slice
I don't know about hippie chicks, they're too "open," so you might want to put on a rain coat, or you might catch something.

DarkSaint85
Nah. With my powers, they'd tell me everything I'd need to know.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Lol that'd look epic.

You could also make money selling your kidneys. Lots of kidneys. Like every day.

Pain would drive you mad...

Like myself, you're a drinker. Tell me then, did you happen to spend a day in a hospital because of the kidney stones problem exacerbated by excessive drinking? Pain is excruciating and yet I can imagine it's a walk in the park compared to having to regrow that organ.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd take Starfox's powers. I don't want to live forever, and mo' money, mo' problems. But being able to smash any chick whenever I wished for the rest of my natural life regardless of my financial status or appearance, as well as basically emotionally con men and women into taking care of me? Sign me up. I'd be roommates with Dania Ramirez and Rosa Acosta by the end of the day, with Bill Gates bankrolling it because I'm his new bestfriend. real talk

dmills
With the hf your options seem to be limited to physical activities to generate income. But damn you'd beast whatever physical sport you try considering that you'd be able to train nonstop to build up your body. You'd do naturally what most folks need P.E.D's to do.

You'd start out only being able to do say, 20 pushups. Your muscles then heal faster from the microscopic tears that occur when muscles get bigger and stronger. Before you know it you can blast out 40, then 80 and finally well over 100+ pushups like nothing. Same with any strength/muscle/endurance building exercises. You'll eventually reach your physical limits, but those limits would likely far exceed a normal human.

Mindset
Wolverine can die.

Why do people keep saying they don't want to live forever?

Mindset
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Not long ago at work a had discussion with someone over that. the whole paper shit would bust your cover in no long time (15-30 years) if you go for another ID card because your current is outdated and other shit. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would call the cops, not necessarily because they think you're immortal simply because they think you're faking IDs and other shit.

Unless you decide to live in a 3rd world country time will bust your cover anyways. To counter this, I present you illegal immigrants.

Also, counterfeiting legal documents happens, it's just expensive. For high quality ones, at least.

dmills
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine can die.

Why do people keep saying they don't want to live forever?

I was wondering that too. Is he functionally immortal as far as aging goes or just extremely long lived but eventually dying of old age?

Mindset
I was wondering that too. Is he functionally immortal as far as aging goes or just extremely long lived but eventually dying of old age? As far as I know a consensus has never been made in the comics, but you can still kill yourself with the right means, regardless.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
To counter this, I present you illegal immigrants.

Also, counterfeiting legal documents happens, it's just expensive. For high quality ones, at least.
How long do you think you can get away with doing that?

In a RL situation, I'd only take that extremely long lifespan if I was already extremely (and by extremely I mean FILTHY) rich. I'd move to some third world nation and lay low.

Otherwise, Starfox's power is IDEAL for a RW scenario. Even ignoring the whole "I'd befriend billionaires and have thousands of sex slaves" thing, you can actually use that ability to influence global politics. Think of the things he could do in the UN. Can we say "World Peace"?

Mindset
How long do you think you can get away with doing that?

In a RL situation, I'd only take that extremely long lifespan if I was already extremely (and by extremely I mean FILTHY) rich. I'd move to some third world nation and lay low.

Otherwise, Starfox's power is IDEAL for a RW scenario. Even ignoring the whole "I'd befriend billionaires and have thousands of sex slaves" thing, you can actually use that ability to influence global politics. Think of the things he could do in the UN. Can we say "World Peace"? With the right connections, I'd imagine indefinitely. In daily life, you really don't need legal documentation.

It would help that if someone were to catch on eventually they would die, you could have them killed, or you could kill them.

StyleTime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Starfox, all day, everyday.

His powers negates the advantages of Wayne's money. And why would you want to live forever? To accumulate money? Friends? All would be meaningless when you live forever.

Imagine doing what you're doing for the rest of your life. No thanks.
You won't live forever with the healing factor. It's not immortality.

Besides, you can go jump into a volcano or something if you get sick of living.
Originally posted by vince_slice
Wolverine's HF would be cool, but pointless for most of us who face first world problems; we're more concerned with buying groceries and getting jobs, than being mauled or killed.
I'm American and I'd still take the healing factor. You don't have to constantly get shot at to reap its benefits either. Being immune to disease is a pretty big plus, for example.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not all women are turned on by status/money.
Nope. Every single one of them are.

dmills
I just don't like that with the healing factor your biggest wealth building opportunities are limited basically to sports. But if you're savvy enough I suppose you could parlay that into other endeavors. The *ussy, lavish vacations and general hedonism would certainly be there. But phuck, you have zero chance at anonymity. At some point you'd have to fake retirement etc, but if you plan it right you'd leave with millions.

Mindset
You guys are inhibited by your morality.

StyleTime
I just don't like that with the healing factor your biggest wealth building opportunities are limited basically to sports. But if you're savvy enough I suppose you could parlay that into other endeavors. The *ussy, lavish vacations and general hedonism would certainly be there. But phuck, you have zero chance at anonymity. At some point you'd have to fake retirement etc, but if you plan it right you'd leave with millions.
I think the healing factor's quickest way to wealth is sports. Alternatively, you could just go about life like normal. You've got tons of time to break into any industry, study an subject, or pursue basically anything. You could amass a fortune the old fashioned way I guess, or like you said, get crafty with your sports celebrity.

It'd take longer than Starfox's ability, but all the while you'll: never get sick, heal from nearly any damage, stay at your physical and mental peak.

I'd like to just see how the world and technology and stuff changes too. Can you imagine video games, the internet, or society in general 150 years from now? With a healing factor, you won't have to. You'd be there.

I agree that fame is unavoidable unless you pull a Mindset though. I can understand that that might turn some people off.

My biggest reservation is actually how the government and people would react to me, assuming I don't try to hide records of myself. It wouldn't be worth it if I was constantly on the run.

Mindset
I'd just rob a bank.

Or take over a drug cartel.

StyleTime
Or both.

dmills
Originally posted by StyleTime
I think the healing factor's quickest way to wealth is sports. Alternatively, you could just go about life like normal. You've got tons of time to break into any industry, study an subject, or pursue basically anything. You could amass a fortune the old fashioned way I guess, or like you said, getting crafty with your sports celebrity.

It'd take longer than Starfox's ability, but all the while you'll: never get sick, heal from nearly damage, stay at your physical and mental peak.

Out of sheer curiosity, I'd like to just see how the world and technology and stuff changes. Can you imagine like....video games 150 years from now? With a healing factor, you won't have to. You'd be there.

My biggest reservation is actually how the government and people would react to me, assuming I don't try to hide records of myself. It wouldn't be worth it if I wasn't constantly on the run.

I too am curious about what the future holds. For example, I wonder if advances in pharmaceuticals and in bio technology will make it possible for people to be more like me eventually? Able to overcome the limits of aging and being able to be healed or cured from just about anything.

One thing's for sure, you'd amass a fortune in dealing antiquities and such. I watched a show on TV a while back where a dude was making money off of acquiring and selling old toys. Thousands of dollars. I'd buy and save a shit load of books and magazines. Wine, and liquors. Tobacco etc.

vince_slice
Why not skip all the work you'd need to do with the other powers to create wealth, and go straight to the wealth? I.e., Wayne's fortune. Buy yourself an island full of nubile women, and enjoy your life. 313

golem370
Originally posted by vince_slice
Why not skip all the work you'd need to do with the other powers to create wealth, and go straight to the wealth? I.e., Wayne's fortune. Buy yourself an island full of nubile women, and enjoy your life. 313

Because with Starfox's powers you wouldn't have to worry about someone stealing your money because you could have an island of security all with the women which you wouldn't have to buy.

zopzop
Because with Starfox's powers you wouldn't have to worry about someone stealing your money because you could have an island of security all with the women which you wouldn't have to buy.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

We've all been discussing the problems with a prolonged lifespan but you made a good point about the perils of having too much money. Don't forget if the economy sours or the world goes into a depression, the rich are target #1.

With Starfox's powers you have an endless army of drone worshipers. Not even slaves, because slaves can rebel, but mindless drones that adore you. You never have to worry about being stabbed in the back or betrayed.

Anything you want you can have with no negative consequences!

StiltmanFTW
Anything you want you can have with no negative consequences!

Tell that to Starfox's balls that got smashed by She-Hulk...

zopzop
Tell that to Starfox's balls that got smashed by She-Hulk...
I basically ignore anything that happens in a She-Hulk or Deadpool comic. That's like fictional fiction.

dmills
I basically ignore anything that happens in a She-Hulk or Deadpool comic. That's like fictional fiction.

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Healing factor or money. Preferably HF though.

Raptor22
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

We've all been discussing the problems with a prolonged lifespan but you made a good point about the perils of having too much money. Don't forget if the economy sours or the world goes into a depression, the rich are target #1.

With Starfox's powers you have an endless army of drone worshipers. Not even slaves, because slaves can rebel, but mindless drones that adore you. You never have to worry about being stabbed in the back or betrayed.

Anything you want you can have with no negative consequences! who will the rich people be a target for? a bunch of poor people who cant reach them in their private jets and bunkers?

Martian_mind
Healing factor, easily.

My good looks and charm already cover Starfox's power set, and I wouldn't want to be ridiculously wealthy. Wandering the globe as an invincible hippy, stopping periodically for 15-20 year periods to rest before moving on, doesn't sound unappealing at all.

I'd just play it smart, and plant the seeds of a religion, with me as a messiah. Lay low for a few hundred years, then BAM, I "return". I'd have all the benefits of the other options.

Terryc250
Lol that'd look epic.

Would normal anesthetic's work on you though?

dmills
Originally posted by Raptor22
who will the rich people be a target for? a bunch of poor people who cant reach them in their private jets and bunkers?

Never underestimate the power of people who want what you've got if they believe you're the one holding them down to begin with. Especially in desperate times.

carver9
Too bad you all can't shave or anything...wolverine healing factor makes him hairy as hell.

Mindset
Don't care.

KingD19
I thought it was his feral nature that made him hairy?

Just about every feral is super hairy, but not everyone with a hf. Like Omega Red.

SamZED
Pain would drive you mad...

Like myself, you're a drinker. Tell me then, did you happen to spend a day in a hospital because of the kidney stones problem exacerbated by excessive drinking? Pain is excruciating and yet I can imagine it's a walk in the park compared to having to regrow that organ. True. But the worst thing about pain is it's lasting effect. If it only lasts few minutes, no matter how bad it is, its bareable imo.

DarkSaint85
Why go to the effort of dealing antiquities...when you can just walk up to any rich person and tell them to give you a ready-made antiquity?

Parmaniac
Don't forget if the economy sours or the world goes into a depression, the rich are target #1. Can't recall any tax raises on rich in my country or any other european since the last world wide economical crash.

EDIT: Except france recently.

StiltmanFTW
True. But the worst thing about pain is it's lasting effect. If it only lasts few minutes, no matter how bad it is, its bareable imo.

And here's the problem - not only regenerating an entire kidney would hurt much worse than sustaining injury/getting it cut out from your body, but also there are phantom pains.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/pain78sikz7.gif

Kidney ache has some nasty side-effects, too - one of which is pain continuously radiating to your testicles.

Batman-Prime
Healing Factor

Bentley
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Can't recall any tax raises on rich in my country or any other european since the last world wide economical crash.

EDIT: Except france recently.

France is awesome.

Charlotte DeBel
I think that Starfox's powers are the ones with the least drawback in terms of detection.
Think about it. If you want to earn money in pro sports using healing factor, everywhere (minus some staged wrestling things) where the decent money are involved, the medicine is involved. The word of you having superpowers will come out very quickly... with some nasty side effects. You will be treated like doping offender, for starters. Being turned into guinea pig is unrealistic one, but being banned from competitions where your powers give you advantage is another. That's why, say hermaphrodites with mostly female genitals are banned from competition in women's sports - due to them being "men inside" their hormones give them unfair advantages.

Starfox's powers is basically what allows you to stay low-key but enjoy the best of the world.
Just my female five cents.

Bentley
Also its sort of a psychic power without the obnoxious hearing idiotic thoughts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.