Bane with Venom vs Shang Chi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

sCOURGE_0
Bane without Venom would probably beat Shang easily. I've read alot of Shang's material including MKF and HFH and I have no clue where people get the idea that he's some unbeatable fighting machine on par with Iron Fist, when he's only beaten C listers like Razer Fist, even Bucky was kicking his ass in Siege until he had to save some civilians

Shang and Elektra are objectively the most overrated martial artist. But given that a certain someone will wank the shit out of Marvel streets and downplay DC one's I honestly don't care. Which is why I stick to Forieng Cinema and rarely comic to the comic versus thread

StiltmanFTW
Shang fought the original Razor Fist.

Modern RF was giving Bucky hell in Siege and eventually got beaten by TWO Caps...

sCOURGE_0
Modern Razer Fist got a grand total of one kick on Bucky before Bucky started kicking his ass until he had to save that girl.

It doesn't matter anyway since you said they are two different Razer Fist. Bucky is a hell of alot more impressive than Shang is and I'd put Bucky around the same level as Bane since both are above Dick and below Bruce

cdtm
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
Bane without Venom would probably beat Shang easily. I've read alot of Shang's material including MKF and HFH and I have no clue where people get the idea that he's some unbeatable fighting machine on par with Iron Fist, when he's only beaten C listers like Razer Fist, even Bucky was kicking his ass in Siege until he had to save some civilians

Shang and Elektra are objectively the most overrated martial artist. But given that a certain someone will wank the shit out of Marvel streets and downplay DC one's I honestly don't care. Which is why I stick to Forieng Cinema and rarely comic to the comic versus thread

I think his rep is mostly based off his fight with Spidey. But he has a few good bullet dodging feats to his name too..

And there was that one time him and Iron Fist were forced to fight, in Deadly Hands. They tried faking it, but the villain was genre savvy enough to call them on phoning it in, and threatened to kill his hostage if he even suspected they weren't serious about it.

sCOURGE_0
I'm not saying Shang is terrible or mediocre but this idea that he's on par with Iron Fist is pretty ridiculous., I wouldn't even put him on the same level as Cap and Black Panther

cdtm
I'm not saying Shang is terrible or mediocre but this idea that he's on par with Iron Fist is pretty ridiculous., I wouldn't even put him on the same level as Cap and Black Panther

Well, maybe they used to be on par a long time ago, but considering Shang and Cat were 100% certain if they fought, they'd kill each other, and Danny managed to beat Cat......?

sCOURGE_0
He stomped the Cat, Cat won the first time because Danny was distracted, the next time he steamrolled Shen

cdtm
He stomped the Cat, Cat won the first time because Danny was distracted, the next time he steamrolled Shen

I know, that's what I'm saying.

Shang Chi never beat Cat, and every time they came to blows, it was cut short because both fighters knew they were so evenly matched, they'd kill each other.

StiltmanFTW
Modern Razer Fist got a grand total of one kick on Bucky before Bucky started kicking his ass until he had to save that girl.

It doesn't matter anyway since you said they are two different Razer Fist. Bucky is a hell of alot more impressive than Shang is and I'd put Bucky around the same level as Bane since both are above Dick and below Bruce

He also pinned him and stabbed his bionic arm... aaand deflected his bullet... on-panel commentary by Bucky also showed he wasn't a piece of cake.

Three different Razor Fists, to be precise stick out tongue Plus Doombots.

No, he's not.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
I think his rep is mostly based off his fight with Spidey.

And the Thing.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He also pinned him and stabbed his bionic arm... aaand deflected his bullet... on-panel commentary by Bucky also showed he wasn't a piece of cake.

Three different Razor Fists, to be precise stick out tongue Plus Doombots.

No, he's not. Let me know when Shang beats a fighter that isn't a complete C lister, he may be on Bucky's level then. Crossbones and Batroc are better than anyone Shang has ever beaten

StiltmanFTW
Let me know when Bucky stops sucking...

sCOURGE_0
Vol 5 Bucky was epic..

cdtm
Don't you just hate those shameless posters who post scans from before anyone on this board was born?

Shang Chi vs Iron Fist: smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/max0107_zps431efe72.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/max0109_zps9ac0e461.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/max0111_zps1bf7cc05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/max0113_zps7407b6c0.jpg

Pretty sure this is the only time they've ever faced off, and it's never been reprinted to my knowledge. Which is kind of a shame, given this is pretty historic, unique, and referenced in more mainstream comics then Deadly Hands of Kung Fu. (You can say the same for a lot of Iron Fists Deadly Hands stories as well, like the time he took on a hell lord, or went up against a "Touch of Death" practitioner)

cdtm

Amendment to my first comment: Danny steamrolled Cat. But he also needed to apply the Iron Fist to do it. (His hand is glowing for the palm heel strike in their second fight)

Even before the distraction in their first fight, Danny and Cat were seemed equals.

And in those scans I showed, Shang and Danny also seem equals, until the Iron Fist comes into play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.