Make My own Superhero Vs comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lorbo
Made Up Superheros Team up!

Many have heroes they have thought up, many posted on the the thread 'superhero ideas lingering in your head'

Here is mine, what do ya think? How well do you think she should would do if put in a team with other made up superheros? And what villains that do exist in comics would give her trouble? Which ones could she steam roll easily.

- An Ironic Superheroine
Good? Lemme know..........

Name: Winn Real Name: Claire Guthrie Gender: Female Age: 24

Alignment: Job seeker that was transported to an alien planet while applying for a job, got her powers after a brush with death there. She use to do gymnastics in HS and is naturally athletic, plus good with numbers. By the time she was 18 she could fly planes and play the violin thanks to her parents who kept her VERY busy.

Appearance: Caucasian with blonde shoulder length hair. Wears a sky blue longsleeve top and breeches of same color. Has white boots and cape, with a bird symbol on chest. She has to wear costume for powers to work.

Personality: Winn is very observant, calm under pressure, and generally no nonense with any work she does. Her motive is to go home, but also to save an alien race from another that is using them undercover as fodder to make an addictive drug. This is how she almost dies and gets her powers. One of her flaws is taking on more than she can handle-she tends to say yes more than no.

Powers: All her powers are timed, they each last a minute before needing a recharge by not using it (recharge is automatic when not in use), And she doesn'thave to recharge fully to use a power either. They include flight, 0 to 1000 mph instantly, she can stop on a dime. That's her top speed. invulnerability (used whenever anything that hurt a normal person occurs) super strength, and adhesive skin.

I think she would rely on high speed only when in danger, and that would solve most problems. I don't know of many that could challenge a character zipping around at 1000 mph unless they know her weakness. BTW she is aware of exactly how much time she has left for each power.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by lorbo
Personality: Winn is very observant, calm under pressure, and generally no nonense with any work she does. Her motive is to go home, but also to save an alien race from another that is using them undercover as fodder to make an addictive drug. This is how she almost dies and gets her powers. One of her flaws is taking on more than she can handle-she tends to say yes more than no.

Powers: All her powers are timed, they each last a minute before needing a recharge by not using it (recharge is automatic when not in use), And she doesn'thave to recharge fully to use a power either. They include flight, 0 to 1000 mph instantly, she can stop on a dime. That's her top speed. invulnerability (used whenever anything that hurt a normal person occurs) super strength, and adhesive skin.

I think she would rely on high speed only when in danger, and that would solve most problems. I don't know of many that could challenge a character zipping around at 1000 mph unless they know her weakness. BTW she is aware of exactly how much time she has left for each power.
How long does it take to recharge? Her invulnerability just springs up as an auto defense against harm she isn't even aware is coming her way? That doesn't seem right plus with the " needs costume for powers to work" thing.
Can the powers be combined? Is she uses two powers does it take twice as long to recharge? She has a internal clock that tells her when her powers are charged.. Ok.. Even shes only handling street hugs eventually she's going to get seriously hurt. If not she goes facing someone like.. Let's say rhino.. No prior knowledge of him. She will be dead if she doesn't speed blitz him. Uses speed + invulnerability + strength and hits him.. What if it's not enough? Never states how strong she is so ok. They all time out after a brawl and what? She spider climbs away? That's going to work how often? She's screwed if she fights a speedster or anyone with any skill fighting metas. Electro? She's dead. Captain cold? She's dead. Clay face? Dead. Mirror master? Dead.
How about organized crime? Hydra? She take on too much than she can handle.. And Has a odd power set. She's going to die sooner than later. Will she be missed? Depends on how much good she managed to do with the luck that she had.

Personally I would make it a bit differently. She's invulnerable. That's her borderline power. Her real potential is that when she is hit she absorbs the kinetic energy from the attack and then is able to redirect that energy in the form of new powers that last a minutes time. Super strength, speed, flight and spiderman-ish wall climbing ability. She will needs the invulnerability to slug it out and not break her own arm with her strength and also to not die from her speed. at least that way she won't get utterly slaughtered. If you want more vulnerability then if 'bites off more than she can chew' pushes herself past the minute ( which I see often) her powers grow weaker draining her defenses aka it weakens her invulnerability. So fluctuating power levels depending on her threat and personal usage/distribution of energy and powers. (can get more out a hit from a dude like rhino than small arms fire from thugs so the capability of the powers in question will vary so no uber speed if she's punching it out with a drunk midget unless she's sapping her own vulnerability to boost it)
Fits a power cause by unbalanced alien drugs.

I have been drinking and apologize if this seems a little not understandable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.